Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #14001
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Some may say there are several 8 year olds in my office. That being said, when you order pizza for a large number the only way to guarentee everyone will be happy is for there to be a few cheese pizzas. Instead I skip my usual lunch, because of the promise of pizza, then there isn't any pizza I can really eat. It's annoying.

And I didn't mean to give you too much shit about it, I just honestly didn't even consider that for a gathering of adults. Some halved things probably, but veggie + supreme + pepperoni would be my primary thinking unless there were kids involved.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #14002
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #14003
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Some may say there are several 8 year olds in my office. That being said, when you order pizza for a large number the only way to guarentee everyone will be happy is for there to be a few cheese pizzas. Instead I skip my usual lunch, because of the promise of pizza, then there isn't any pizza I can really eat. It's annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And I didn't mean to give you too much shit about it, I just honestly didn't even consider that for a gathering of adults. Some halved things probably, but veggie + supreme + pepperoni would be my primary thinking unless there were kids involved.

I bet this is a result of just not having good pizza. All those toppings are a way to mask the crappy dough, sauce and cheese and that's why the people you're referring to have no interest in plain pizza.

Pizza toppings have gotten pretty crazy in recent years, and after spending a lot of time eating buffalo chicken and the likes, I've re-discovered the greatness of plain, sicilian, and grandma. I might do white or pepperoni every now and then but my pizza ordering has gotten much simpler. Nothing really beats a plain slice.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:30 PM   #14004
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

A plain slice with Bacon beats a plain slice. Bacon beats anything except more Bacon.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #14005
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I bet this is a result of just not having good pizza. All those toppings are a way to mask the crappy dough, sauce and cheese and that's why the people you're referring to have no interest in plain pizza.

Pizza toppings have gotten pretty crazy in recent years, and after spending a lot of time eating buffalo chicken and the likes, I've re-discovered the greatness of plain, sicilian, and grandma. I might do white or pepperoni every now and then but my pizza ordering has gotten much simpler. Nothing really beats a plain slice.

I am obviously very much unsophisticated. I only recognize "pepperoni" among your options, and I can figure out what plain is. White pizza is racist!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #14006
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Agree, yet, we grew up 5 miles from each other so makes sense we would.

They got a veggie one, but it is loaded with olives, spinach, etc...

You can't go wrong if you just order a few cheeses, it isn't flashy, but gets the job done.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:36 PM   #14007
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I 100% agree. Unless you query everyone ahead of time (not feasible in a large office obviously), common courtesy dictates you get at least 1 that's just plain cheese.

Especially in this day and age with vegetarians and all.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #14008
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Ordering into the office generally implies -- at least in my experience -- pretty standard pizza, not foodie gourmet stuff.

Besides, if I wanted f'n cheesebread I'd order it.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #14009
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Pretty sure this is the case.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #14010
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

All of this actually just highlights why it's easier to avoid doing anything with/for people these days, creates more issues than it's worth.

And I say that as one of the pickiest eaters on the planet, and one that isn't especially bashful about bitching about being disgruntled over stuff like this (i.e. I ain't smackin' Lathum for being annoyed).
Old 01-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #14011
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am obviously very much unsophisticated. I only recognize "pepperoni" among your options, and I can figure out what plain is. White pizza is racist!

Sicilian - much thicker crust (about an inch), but light and airy. Made in a square pan.

Grandma - thicker than standard crust, thinner than sicilian. Real heavy on the sauce, only a light dusting of parmesan cheese. No sheet of mozz on it.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #14012
Logan
Head Coach

BTW, $20 says this is Lathum later tonight:

Old 01-12-2015, 12:50 PM   #14013
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sicilian - much thicker crust (about an inch), but light and airy. Made in a square pan.

Grandma - thicker than standard crust, thinner than sicilian. Real heavy on the sauce, only a light dusting of parmesan cheese. No sheet of mozz on it.

Interesting. What is white pizza?

I prefer mine thin crust, extra crispy. Cuts down the calories with the thin crust and I like it extra cooked. I'll just call it the Chief Rum Special.

Old 01-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #14014
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
All of this actually just highlights why it's easier to avoid doing anything with/for people these days, creates more issues than it's worth.

And I say that as one of the pickiest eaters on the planet, and one that isn't especially bashful about bitching about being disgruntled over stuff like this (i.e. I ain't smackin' Lathum for being annoyed).

Well except for where you basically called him an 8 year old.

Given that you say that you're a picky eater (as am I, although I've gotten better), your lack of compassion (while consistent with your whole "persona") is really hypocritical.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:55 PM   #14015
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I prefer mine thin crust, extra crispy. Cuts down the calories with the thin crust and I like it extra cooked. I'll just call it the Chief Rum Special.

White = no tomato sauce.

May use like an alfredo sauce (or other type of sauce) instead.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-12-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:03 PM   #14016
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
White = no tomato sauce.

May use like an alfredo sauce (or other type of sauce) instead.

They don't usually use alfredo here but will add big spoonfuls of ricotta on top of the mozzarella. There might be a thin layer of ricotta underneath the mozz as well.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:05 PM   #14017
Suicane75
Coordinator

Can a pizza without sauce really be called a pizza?

I'll answer that for you, No.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:09 PM   #14018
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post

I agree. That's where I think you get into "cheese bread" territory. Never been a white pizza fan.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #14019
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That one I knew.

Quote:
Grandma - thicker than standard crust, thinner than sicilian. Real heavy on the sauce, only a light dusting of parmesan cheese.

That's a new one on me.

Quote:
No sheet of mozz on it.

Aaaaand now I fail to see the point.
That's like the caffeine free diet coke of pizza.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #14020
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Aaaaand now I fail to see the point.
That's like the caffeine free diet coke of pizza.

Just something different in a sea of standard pies. I'd put grandma slices from a couple particular spots up against very solid traditional places and I think those with an open mind could end up preferring it. It's not for everyone and definitely not for everyday.

So if I was ordering for an office, I wouldn't get just grandma pies .
Old 01-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #14021
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So if I was ordering for an office, I wouldn't get just grandma pies .

Damned considerate of you

(I'm just thankful that most folks kinda gets that f'n with people about their food quirks is pretty much in fun, not some deep dire shit)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-12-2015 at 01:24 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:26 PM   #14022
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Damned considerate of you

(I'm just thankful that most folks kinda gets that f'n with people about their food quirks is pretty much in fun, not some deep dire shit)

It's deep dire shit when my sister put fucking SOUR CREAM in the mashed potatoes on Christmas.

FUCK THAT SHIT
Old 01-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #14023
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've recently found out that veggie pizza with no cheese is good.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #14024
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Bacon beats anything except more Bacon.

I know what I'm picking the next time I play rock-paper-bacon.
Bobble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #14025
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

True dat. When I go back home to Jersey, I always want a plain cheese pizza, which is simply heavenly.

But I'd have to agree that even in buying crap pizza, there should be some plain cheese for folks who can't eat other stuff.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #14026
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post

What do you think pizza was before Italy got tomatoes?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #14027
molson
General Manager

This thread is making me hungry.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #14028
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

FTR I didn't bitch at all about it at work. Thats what I have this place for
Old 01-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #14029
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

Cheese toast?
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:41 PM   #14030
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

Focaccia
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:14 PM   #14031
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

On the topic of pizza, I've gotten into the habit of checking for dietary restrictions when I order food for a group. I wish others would have the same courtesy. Then at least if I order something that people can't eat, I can truly say that I asked.

I'm severely allergic to shellfish and everything that it touches, so I avoid most seafood in general. But of course, in this area, crabs are a big thing...so it pisses me off when people, who damn well know my allergy, order it for a group event.

As such, though, I've ended up ordering plain/cheese-only pizza, no-cheese pizza, meat-lovers and white pizza all in one go.

On a completely different note, I just saw this ad and realized that the guy playing as the elephant-riding Indian prince is a guy I went to elementary and middle school with. Cadillac Escalade TV Commercial, 'Evolution of Indulgence' Song by David Bowie - iSpot.tv

I remembered he played violin from like age 4 or something but apparently he's kind of a real thing...bigger than many get, anyway. Never in a million years would I have pegged him to go into the entertainment industry and succeed (unless it was in an orchestra somewhere). According to his IMDB info, he also grew a lot more than I thought he would, because I remember him being a dweeby little shrimp. Deepak Ramapriyan - Biography - IMDb

It always surprises me to see things like this, then compare with people who I thought would make it in entertainment, those who did drama and/or improv. He seems by far the most successful of all my classmates in that field. I have some other friends who are in bands that play somewhat bigger scenes and SXSW but none this "accomplished."

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:58 PM   #14032
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I'm a pizza fan. Thin and crispy? Sure. Pan? Great. Deep dish? Bring it on.

I'm very excited that a Giordano's from Chicago is opening up in Indy. That stuff is amazing.

My wife and I tend to go to pizza joints when we travel. She has a collection of pizza place shirts she gets from places she likes. We hit up a great place called Pizza 9 when we were in Albuquerque. Our favorite local one in Southern Indiana is the New Albanian, though if you come to Louisville Wick's and Impellizaris are excellent as well.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #14033
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Cheese toast?

Isn't that just Welsh rarebit?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:05 AM   #14034
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I find it surprising the Big League Chew is still allowed to be made.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:06 AM   #14035
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I'm a pizza fan. Thin and crispy? Sure. Pan? Great. Deep dish? Bring it on.

I'm very excited that a Giordano's from Chicago is opening up in Indy. That stuff is amazing.

My wife and I tend to go to pizza joints when we travel. She has a collection of pizza place shirts she gets from places she likes. We hit up a great place called Pizza 9 when we were in Albuquerque. Our favorite local one in Southern Indiana is the New Albanian, though if you come to Louisville Wick's and Impellizaris are excellent as well.

If you ever find yourself in NJ hit up this spot and get her a T-shirt.

Request Rejected
Old 01-13-2015, 08:43 AM   #14036
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The songs on Bubble Guppies have no business being as catchy as they are
Old 01-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #14037
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

As others have answered, white pizza has no tomato sauce.

Some places heap ricotta on it instead. That's not a good white pizza either. That's just a lazy man's white pizza.

A good white pizza is thin crust and cooked with olive oil, garlic, basil and (sometimes) red pepper flakes instead of sauce. I like mine with Romano cheese and a dusting of Parmesan. It's not like garlic bread due to the olive oil and other spices. It doesn't have the pizza crust on the edges and therefore it's covered to the very edges of the pie with yummy stuff. When done correctly white pizza is heavenly and full of flavor (it's not "cheese toast" or "garlic bread" any more than a hamburger is a steak).

Last edited by Blackadar : 01-13-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:38 AM   #14038
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I find it surprising the Big League Chew is still allowed to be made.

Often thought the same thing. Although they do make candy cigarettes still
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:47 AM   #14039
Izulde
Head Coach

White pizza is an abomination.

The best non-traditional pizza I've had was in Budapest. Something called an Arabian Spice pizza or something like that.. wish I could remember the name of it. It was insanely delicious, and I've never seen anything like it anywhere since.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #14040
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I hate my frontloader washer. If it says that the cycle is going to be 30 minutes, why can't it be 30 minutes. I swear I started it like 45 mins ago and it's going to be at least 10 more minutes.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:17 PM   #14041
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
As others have answered, white pizza has no tomato sauce.

Some places heap ricotta on it instead. That's not a good white pizza either. That's just a lazy man's white pizza.

A good white pizza is thin crust and cooked with olive oil, garlic, basil and (sometimes) red pepper flakes instead of sauce. I like mine with Romano cheese and a dusting of Parmesan. It's not like garlic bread due to the olive oil and other spices. It doesn't have the pizza crust on the edges and therefore it's covered to the very edges of the pie with yummy stuff. When done correctly white pizza is heavenly and full of flavor (it's not "cheese toast" or "garlic bread" any more than a hamburger is a steak).

So is pizza with a white sauce not white pizza? Or are they both considered white pizzas?
Old 01-14-2015, 05:07 PM   #14042
cuervo72
Head Coach

I would not consider white sauce white pizza (I'd consider it alfredo pizza).

Oh, and white pizza is fantastic.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:02 PM   #14043
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So is pizza with a white sauce not white pizza? Or are they both considered white pizzas?

It's not in any self-respecting Italian restaurant. It's an Alfredo pizza. White pizza doesn't have a sauce.

To amend what cuervo said, white pizza is fantastic when done properly. It's all too often not done very well even though it's pretty simple to do.

Last edited by Blackadar : 01-14-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:30 PM   #14044
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I never understood what the heck jason_tobias was saying.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:31 PM   #14045
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I find it amusing (disturbing, but amusing) to get essentially a Luddite rant via email.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:37 PM   #14046
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So I'm interviewing two people this afternoon. Looking at their resumes, and I just don't get why this isn't rule #1 in resume building: Use Your Name Or Something Similar As Your Email Address.

Some stupid handle @ gmail.com just makes you look unprofessional from the start.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #14047
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
So I'm interviewing two people this afternoon. Looking at their resumes, and I just don't get why this isn't rule #1 in resume building: Use Your Name Or Something Similar As Your Email Address.

Some stupid handle @ gmail.com just makes you look unprofessional from the start.

[email protected] is my favorite from the past few months.. I take financing applications quite a bit in my line of work.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:11 PM   #14048
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I've been in he waiting room at my doctor for 25 minutes. Several leoe have gone back that were here after me. At what point is it acceptable to go back up to the receptionist ?
Old 01-16-2015, 02:15 PM   #14049
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

No shit.
I had a guy apply once with :[email protected] as his email...
he didnt get the job
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #14050
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've been in he waiting room at my doctor for 25 minutes. Several leoe have gone back that were here after me. At what point is it acceptable to go back up to the receptionist ?

I think 25mins is fair.

Heck after 20mins after my appt time, I'd be like... um... receptionist? What's going on with the doc?

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 01-16-2015 at 02:43 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote