Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #301
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Looking at the impact of training intensity, it appears that the cash expenditure for high training levels isn't worth it. For instance, at level 4, the difference between training my stamina intensely and in a relaxed manner is about .12 points per day. Over the course of a season this means that the intense player will earn about 5 points more spread among his training focuses, but at a total cost of $30,000 more in training fees and earning 1/5 of the stamina regeneration of a relaxed player. Top equipment for the level should end up costing much less than that for a higher bonus.

It seems to me that if FOFC wanted to game the system some, we could lowball contract offers to our own team and not lose too much in terms of training. We could then have a larger budget to fill in any backup positions with the absolute best CPU players available, because we can pay top dollar with 50-70% of our roster on low wages...or even pick up a mercenary or two.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:49 PM   #302
MacroGuru
Coordinator

71 plays on defense, 5 tackles, 1 PD...I want to watch the pbp to see if I screwed the pooch on a lot and where I need to make changes.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:58 AM   #303
dbd1963
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Just in as linebacker Houston Dicks. Playing for the Guangzhou Outlaws.

I sent you an offer. I've got two LBs who appear to have gone AWOL on me.
dbd1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:10 AM   #304
3ric
College Starter

Good game for my CB, Chris Whizz. 6 tackles, no misses and 4 passes defended. Maybe it's easier to perform well as the nickel back.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:17 AM   #305
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looks like as an easter present, everyone got 100 flex points free
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:20 AM   #306
WVUFAN
College Starter

I went ahead and bought a Single-A Canadian team, the Alberta Power. If there's any human players not on Larry or Skydog's team you'd like to try out, send me an offer.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:21 AM   #307
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

anybody here know what the diff is between the league levels. is it sort of like baseball with A having lvl1 mostly and Pro being upper tier or is it just for cosmetic reasons?

Never mind ...I got my lazy ass over to the site and hit up an A .seems for the most part to have the same averages as higher leagues

Last edited by Apathetic Lurker : 03-24-2008 at 06:24 AM.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:25 AM   #308
WVUFAN
College Starter

My question is if a team has the capacity to move up tiers like a soccer league. That would be nice.

EDIT: I see from the forums on the site they already are doing Promotions throughout all the leagues.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 03-24-2008 at 06:36 AM.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:35 AM   #309
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
My question is if a team has the capacity to move up tiers like a soccer league. That would be nice.

as far as i know, no....
they are also thinking of caps for the different leagues
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:37 AM   #310
dbd1963
High School JV

I had been led to believe, from the complaints of other players on the main board at GLB, that starters and backups would split time essentially. That DID NOT happen on my team. Backups at certain positions got time, but at others they just sat there idly, especially QB. If there are any FOFC players who want to be released or traded to start on another team, let me know and I'll do it without any trouble.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:44 AM   #311
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dbd1963: Would I be starting or a backup for you?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:45 AM   #312
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbd1963 View Post
I had been led to believe, from the complaints of other players on the main board at GLB, that starters and backups would split time essentially. That DID NOT happen on my team. Backups at certain positions got time, but at others they just sat there idly, especially QB. If there are any FOFC players who want to be released or traded to start on another team, let me know and I'll do it without any trouble.

Doesn't stamina and play intensity play a big part in it? If the starter has high stamina or low play intensity, they are less likely to tire and come out of the game right?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #313
dbd1963
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Doesn't stamina and play intensity play a big part in it? If the starter has high stamina or low play intensity, they are less likely to tire and come out of the game right?

Yes, but right now everyone has low stamina. It seems to be figured differently for certain players than others. And it makes sense -- it's definitely got to be more tiring playing on either line than playing QB. The linemen come in and out frequently that I've seen, and I can adjust the sub time to make that happen more frequently. But my backup QB was in on 1 play only, so I can see, even rejiggering the subs levels, that backup QBs are going to be frustrated. I doubt a 3rd QB would often see the field. I was surprised tha the 2nd HB didn't see much time either.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #314
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I signed my contract with Grand Junction -- turning down another offer with a 10K signing bonus!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #315
wade moore
lolzcat

Wade Moore is now a LB on the Lowcountry Gators.

We probably should start using the team forums for discussing team-specific strategery and this thread for discussing general game strategery/elements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #316
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Wade Moore is now a LB on the Lowcountry Gators.

We probably should start using the team forums for discussing team-specific strategery and this thread for discussing general game strategery/elements?

I guess it depends how competitive everyone is at the start. I know I'm trying to figure out alot of the strategies of the game right now, so people from other teams sharing their thoughts isn't a bad thing for me.

As we get a bit better, and more competitive, I'd agree that using the in-game forums to discuss specific team strategy is a good idea.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #317
dbd1963
High School JV

Ok, Richmond now needs a G, and I'm removing level restrictions. First come first served!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:23 AM   #318
tarcone
Coordinator

I just signed up as a shutdown corner. Hammer Lanes services are available
Name is Hammer Lane
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:23 AM   #319
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I guess it depends how competitive everyone is at the start. I know I'm trying to figure out alot of the strategies of the game right now, so people from other teams sharing their thoughts isn't a bad thing for me.

As we get a bit better, and more competitive, I'd agree that using the in-game forums to discuss specific team strategy is a good idea.
Yeah, that's why I tried to word it carefully.

Like I will get confused as hell if everyone is talking about who is a run-stopper, who is a pass-rusher, etc from every team. That's the stuff I'm talking about.

Understanding the best ways to train, etc, etc - that should definitely be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #320
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Joseph Thorbjorn, a level 5 OT, I was signed a nice contract from a Human owned team, traded another so he could get a friend on his team....so now, if anyone wants him that owns a team from here, trade to get him on, he is a decent OT amd currently on the Toronto Towers now.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #321
dbd1963
High School JV

Richmond could also use one more CB. Any interest?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:37 AM   #322
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I also had to buy a team, but I bought a Canadian Pro League Team, I am the Victoria Admirals, Formerly the Yukon Crush
Old 03-24-2008, 09:44 AM   #323
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

All right, QB Julio Riddols needs a team. Time to rewrite history, only this time, better.

And just as a quick side question I don't have any CPU offers.. It says I have 3- Just wondering if anyone else signed up recently and had no offers.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #324
dbd1963
High School JV

I've just read that they've already got 8000 players signed up, and some guys are having to play as 3rd string on a CPU team. With the popularity of QB, it may be that there just aren't any more positions to be offered.

I forsee contract demands going down in the near term..

They said that they are going to add some more leagues, including USA leagues, so those wanting to buy a USA team, keep your eyes peeled..

Last edited by dbd1963 : 03-24-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #325
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I was thinking that was probably the case.. Just too many QB's.. I had figured I should be a CB at first, but the name Julio Riddols belongs at QB. If they make new american leagues, I say we bring back the Wyoming Wildfire.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #326
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Maybe I can pry you loose with a trade.. I'll see.

OK, I made an offer. I am sending across a lvl 6 tackle for you. Told him we were friends and you were waiting for me to sign you when my team was up, etc.

T Maple Syrup says thank you for making him a part of your team. Since you already have two human offensive tackles, I don't mind being listed as a backup in the depth chart.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #327
Icy
Pro Starter

Awesome, looks like cyberdunk. I'm going to get a player now, which referral code should i use, which team to apply for and which position is needed?

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #328
dbd1963
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
T Maple Syrup says thank you for making him a part of your team. Since you already have two human offensive tackles, I don't mind being listed as a backup in the depth chart.

I think you'll see a lot of time and I'm going to try to finagle you a starting job. The lvl 2 OT was there when I bought the team, and I feel like I can't just demote him. But he saw how bad he sucked last game. Man he was rotten!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #329
DanGarion
Coordinator

I'm still not signed by an FOFC team, yet I'm 2/2 in FGs and have good skills...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #330
dbd1963
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Awesome, looks like cyberdunk. I'm going to get a player now, which referral code should i use, which team to apply for and which position is needed?

Make what you want and someone will find room for you.

Err, except QB!

Last edited by dbd1963 : 03-24-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #331
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

Victoria Admirals which is in the Canadian Pro League...I am looking for talent at every position.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #332
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Victoria Admirals which is in the Canadian Pro League...I am looking for talent at every position.

Like a Level 4 kicker? Daniel Schoonover at your service.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #333
Landshark44
High School Varsity

Quote:

use this one....

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=743302

post in the WOOF forum, your players name, skydog'll sign you.....
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #334
twothree
College Prospect

I don't know if this is something new, or if I missed seeing it. If you are an offensive lineman, under advanced tactics, you can now set if you want to focus on run blocking, pass blocking, or have no focus.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #335
dbd1963
High School JV

I just noticed that guys can have players on rival teams. Seems a way for them to spy on your plans in the team forum..
Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #336
Tasan
College Starter

Just signed up, TE Rex Smasher, pretty good hands but also can block a bit. Someone give me an offer to play for a real team please. I don't care who, I just don't want to be stuck on a computer team like I was on cyberdunk.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #337
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
I just noticed that guys can have players on rival teams. Seems a way for them to spy on your plans in the team forum..

If you are the owner of one of those teams, you should probably trade or release those players. Are there any rules written anywhere in the forums for how many teams and/or players a user can have in a conference? It seems some of the alpha tester have players scattered all over the place on rival teams.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #338
Bad-example
College Starter

L2 SS Dixon Payne is available to sign if someone needs secondary help.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:33 PM   #339
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Created a CB: Sam Graves.. looking for a team
Old 03-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #340
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Anyone want Idjit Kicker? He's available for trade.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #341
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Hall of Fame 250,000 flex points $1,000.00 60% BUY

I think they're being pretty optimistic that somebody would pay $1,000 of real money for something in this game.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #342
dbd1963
High School JV

SirFozzie, I sent you a contract from the Richmond Razorbacks. You'd be a backup on our team but CB seems to be a spot where the subs play.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #343
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The Silverbacks could use some backup OL and higher level secondary. The latter is especially important because Fresno likes to air it out. If you're already ont he secondary, try to level up ASAP if at all possible.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #344
MikeVic
Head Coach

I didn't gain enough XP to level up. I'm at 616/1000.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #345
dbd1963
High School JV

He means spend some money for Flex points and "boost"..
Old 03-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #346
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I haven't gone back to read the thread, but I just created my Level 4 QB.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #347
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
He means spend some money for Flex points and "boost"..

Damn, I just used my flex points on some custom item. Still a level 1 FS.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #348
dbd1963
High School JV

The custom item helps though. Everyone should have one.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #349
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone interested in trying to get together a 20 man beer tent raid this evening?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #350
dbd1963
High School JV

Had to release two very good players because they are both on a team I'll play later! This is something owners need to keep up with. It may seem like a small thing, but you know there are players who will exploit it.

For those who are on both Richmond and Grand Junction, we won't play each other this year barring a miracle. Richmond is in 14th place and it looks like a tough season for us. But we'll want to watch that in the future.

Richmond may well get relegated, so that would take care of that..