Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Unhappy C-USA 2009 - results are showing up wrong after advancing

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ConfUSA2009Wk1mockup.jpg (278.7 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by Kodos : 08-15-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here's my mockup of how I want to present league info. Let me know what you think.

I think I'll try to make it a bit less wide so that it all can be seen on a widescreen computer without needing to scroll. And see if I can work in a Sacks category. And the extra space will probably allow me to make it the Top 25.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-13-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

That's pretty freakin' awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm trying to take it up a notch from what I did for the RFL.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Sick work Kodos. Sick work.

EF and I will be playing tomorrow afternoon FYI.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Oddly, like Jim, I do love me some Excel. And it's helping me get a little better with Photoshop too.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #7
cmp
Pro Rookie

Looks great. I should be playing my game tonight. I have yet to actually play a full game in NCAA 10 so far so this may be a challenge.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That looks great. Freaked me out when I first saw it as I thought it was a final score
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

It is. You lost! HAAAAHAHHHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #10
Mike1409
High School Varsity

nice stuff!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #11
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm very curious to see how other games go.

I'm quickly getting the "do I belong in this league feeling?"

I lost to Texas Tech 64-7.

I go in and look, mike has beaten #11 Ole Miss 38-35 with these rosters.

:sigh:

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 08-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm pretty sure I'm in for a beating. I got crushed by one of our created teams in an exhibition game the other night on default all pro.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #13
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm in for a beating. I got crushed by one of our created teams in an exhibition game the other night on default all pro.

Cool. That's why I say I'm curious to see how other games pan out. It could be a matchup issue, etc. For instance I noticed that basically all of TT's skill position players had 90+ speed, even when they were say a 78 WR. So it may be a product of certain things.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2009, 07:15 AM   #14
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I struggled with buffalo and they are only a C- team. I cant stop the CPU. He breaks every first tackle about 80% of the time. If I drop all but three in coverage he gets 5 FULL seconds to pass. Somebody almost always gets open by then. If I blitz anyone, the CPU immediately picks the open guy and torches me. I was up 42 to 24 and only got out with a 42-38 win.

In practice I played these sliders using Ole Miss and I fared much better. Our crappy rosters are a big part of it. As we get better talent it should be better.

Great job to Mike, knocking off an A- ranked team with these rosters is impressive.

Kodos, the display looks great.

Last edited by Grammaticus : 08-16-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #15
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Thanks! Wade you are fine in this league.

The thing I have noticed about this version is every game is different. I have played a practice season with the cupcake roster, and the CPU plays different all the time. I beat better teams lost to worse teams and got crushed by a 1 star created team. It has a lot to with matchups!

I was lucky and was able to guess right a lot on defense. I was able to get pressure and caused 4 turnovers. Ole Miss would kill me by blitzing all the time and I made just enough plays to keep it close. I intercepted them in my end zone with 20 seconds left as they were driving and had the ball at my 4 down by 3.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Thanks! Wade you are fine in this league.

The thing I have noticed about this version is every game is different. I have played a practice season with the cupcake roster, and the CPU plays different all the time. I beat better teams lost to worse teams and got crushed by a 1 star created team. It has a lot to with matchups!

I was lucky and was able to guess right a lot on defense. I was able to get pressure and caused 4 turnovers. Ole Miss would kill me by blitzing all the time and I made just enough plays to keep it close. I intercepted them in my end zone with 20 seconds left as they were driving and had the ball at my 4 down by 3.

Yeah - there pressure on my QB worries me. It seems impossible to complete a play action play. I was 8 for 30, much of it because of the pressure.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We lost 35-17. Had the lead in the 4th but turnovers killed us. Gonna be a long season I am afraid.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Good game, DTR.

It was a very exciting first half. Up 14-10 with about a minute to go we decided to try the fake field goal from their 25 or so. I thought we were going to put the game away as our halfback was wide open in the endzone, but he dropped the lob pass. DTR's Permian responded by marching down the field to score a TD to give them a 17-14 lead with 4 seconds left in the half.

We got the ball to start the 2nd half, but our offense was getting shut down. Fortunately, our defense was stout the entire second half and got pressure on their QB forcing a few turnovers which we turned into 21 4th quarter points for the win. I thought we were going to lose this one going in, so it was a pleasant surprise. We were fortunate to rattle his QB and it just snowballed from there.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #19
WVUFAN
College Starter

I lost to Temple.

T E M P L E .

Good GOD I suck at this game.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #20
Kodos
Resident Alien

Oops. Looks like I didn't load the real names before I started the dynasty. Sorry guys!
Old 08-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien

Awesome. The EA servers aren't available to grab my game results.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

Ummm. Problem. It says Permian beat Egg Harbor 23-20 in OT. Egg Harbor won, no?

It also has Garfield losing by just 10-7.

It says Tucker beat Temple.

At least half of the results showing in game after advancing are wrong.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-15-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just posted in the other thread about this. This sucks. I can see this being a problem last year when it was the 1st attempt, but you would think whatever fix they managed to do would have carried over to this year.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm pretty disgusted with the game at the moment.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #25
wade moore
lolzcat

Do we know what the deal is? Could it be a setting of some kind?

Quote:
Old 08-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #26
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

It's awful to see that they didn't fix the problem from last year's game. Sorry guys
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #27
wade moore
lolzcat

I guess I was unaware of some problem from last year?

Quote:
Old 08-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I guess I was unaware of some problem from last year?

Last year, during the first month or so after the game was out, the servers would mess up and randomly assign wrong results some weeks in an online dynasty. About 1-2 months after 09 came out, EA said they had identified the problem on their servers and fixed it and I personally never saw the issue again. You would think that fix would have carried over to this year, but apparently it hasn't.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:02 AM   #29
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Last year, during the first month or so after the game was out, the servers would mess up and randomly assign wrong results some weeks in an online dynasty. About 1-2 months after 09 came out, EA said they had identified the problem on their servers and fixed it and I personally never saw the issue again. You would think that fix would have carried over to this year, but apparently it hasn't.

Ah yes, that rings a bell now.

Quote:
Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #30
wade moore
lolzcat

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, I'm not seeing any mention of this on the OS boards.

Are we sure this is the same issue?

Quote:
Old 08-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #31
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Looks like it screwed up the recruiting too. I don't see any of the schollys I offerred showing. I'm assuming whatever time we spent on recruits is not working right either.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #32
Kodos
Resident Alien

Anyone else having problems with their Online Dynasty - Operation Sports Forums

I started a thread at OS to see if ours is just an isolated case. I'm guessing we'll have to restart from scratch. Honestly, my enthusiasm has taken a bit of a hit, as it was a pain to get things started, and then we hit a brick wall after one week.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-16-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:54 AM   #33
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Anyone else having problems with their Online Dynasty - Operation Sports Forums

I started a thread at OS to see if ours is just an isolated case. I'm guessing we'll have to restart from scratch. Honestly, my enthusiasm has taken a bit of a hit, as it was a pain to get things started, and then we hit a brick wall after one week.
Would it help any that I still have the file from week 1 that I downloaded from you? Is it possible that we still at least have our pre-season activities?

Quote:
Old 08-17-2009, 07:24 AM   #34
wade moore
lolzcat

Went digging on the EASports forums... One of the top threads:

Problem with results? - NCAA® Football Series Online Dynasties, Leagues & Tournaments - NCAA Football Series: EA Forums

Quote:
Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #35
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Would it help any that I still have the file from week 1 that I downloaded from you? Is it possible that we still at least have our pre-season activities?

That might help. I posted in the thread you mentioned. We'll see if it gets a response.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:06 AM   #36
wade moore
lolzcat

Someone pointed to this article:

problem keeps occuring with online dynasty not reporting correct wins and scores - NCAA® Football Tech Help & Feedback - NCAA Football Series: EA Forums

Quote:
Old 08-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #37
Kodos
Resident Alien

So how are people feeling about restarting from scratch? I didn't save as an offline dynasty before advancing, so we'd basically be back to square one. It seems apparent that EA is either unable or unwilling to help people who've had this problem.

Like I said above, my enthusiasm has taken a bit of a hit on this. How interested are you guys in restarting?
Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #38
wade moore
lolzcat

Couldn't one of us turn it into an offline dynasty and pass it over to you?

I want this league to happen. I would be highly disappointed if we didn't have this league.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm still highly interested in this league and hope we get things back on track.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Couldn't one of us turn it into an offline dynasty and pass it over to you?

I want this league to happen. I would be highly disappointed if we didn't have this league.

Yes, if someone saved it they can. We had to do this several times with NOFL, once because of this problem and 1 or 2 other times because of commish error by me.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:58 AM   #41
wade moore
lolzcat

As of right now I have Week 1 saved on my HD. Not as an Offline Dynasty, but I think I can convert it without loading the new one - right?

Quote:
Old 08-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #42
Kodos
Resident Alien

I believe so.

One thing to think about -- I apparently didn't have my named roster loaded when I started this OD, so teams outside Conf USA don't have real names. If we start again, we can have real players on the other teams. Also, EF mentioned improved (re-rated) rosters or something the other day. It might be worth it to just restart.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-18-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #43
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I am good either way. Even if I don't beat Ole Miss again!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #44
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm fine either way. I want this league to happen.

All we lose by restart is having to do the week 1 recruiting again (and whatever work Kodos has to go through).

Quote:
Old 08-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As of right now I have Week 1 saved on my HD. Not as an Offline Dynasty, but I think I can convert it without loading the new one - right?

Yes, you should be able to convert it without an issue.

I'm fine with either restarting or using that file.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #46
Kodos
Resident Alien

So with Wade's, we'd lose whoever's games were played after he saved. Probably just mine, since I was last to play. Is that right?
Old 08-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #47
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
So with Wade's, we'd lose whoever's games were played after he saved. Probably just mine, since I was last to play. Is that right?

I'm not sure if I get their updates or not. I'll check tonight.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2009, 04:05 PM   #48
wade moore
lolzcat

Ok, so..

When I convert it to offline it has nothing done this week - not even by me. So what we gain by this is the initial recruit board building and Kodos not having to recreate everything.

So, I just created it online and sent an invite to Kodos only so that he can grab it, conver it to offline, then flip it back to online. So - we'd all have to be reinvited and do week 1 recruiting and games again.

Quote:
Old 08-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #49
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'm up for whatever works. If we have to restart I'm definitely still ready to go.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:35 PM   #50
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Ok, so..

When I convert it to offline it has nothing done this week - not even by me. So what we gain by this is the initial recruit board building and Kodos not having to recreate everything.

So, I just created it online and sent an invite to Kodos only so that he can grab it, conver it to offline, then flip it back to online. So - we'd all have to be reinvited and do week 1 recruiting and games again.

Thanks Wade. I'll do this tonight.