Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-09-2020, 07:07 AM   #30651
Galaril
Pro Starter

Now we have to realize if we want the vaccine we probably can’t go get it until next fall. The general in charge of distribution on 60 minutes was saying hospital staff get it first and I assume nursing homes residents too which would start like January- March. Then it would start being distributed in April I assume for the general public but that is going to take a long time.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:28 AM   #30652
miami_fan
Coordinator

I get the part about hospital staff and maybe even first responders. Nothing I have seen regarding COVID and nursing homes leads me to believe that they are getting any sort of priority when it comes to vaccine distribution.

I do want to see the demographics of who is willing to get the vaccine first. Are those who believe they are more vulnerable to the effects of COVID more likely to wait to make sure of its safety? Are those who believe that the virus is not that big of a deal actually rush out to get the vaccine so they can truly get back to their normal life?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:30 AM   #30653
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Now we have to realize if we want the vaccine we probably can’t go get it until next fall. The general in charge of distribution on 60 minutes was saying hospital staff get it first and I assume nursing homes residents too which would start like January- March. Then it would start being distributed in April I assume for the general public but that is going to take a long time.

Fuck those old people, they should just isolate. I mean, isn't that the way a lot of people have approached this? Looking at you Dan Patrick.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:38 AM   #30654
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Fuck those old people, they should just isolate. I mean, isn't that the way a lot of people have approached this? Looking at you Dan Patrick.

Not isolate, take one for the team and die, wasn't that the gist ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:35 AM   #30655
PilotMan
Head Coach

An old buddy of mine got it back in NoDak. He was told "everyone is going to get it, it's just a matter of time, it's spread too far and there's nothing more we can do". Not surprising for North Dakota.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #30656
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

My 90 year old mother that lives with us and who voted for Biden as well as every democrat ever would disagree with this approach.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:25 AM   #30657
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Ben Carson tested positive.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:10 PM   #30658
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Esper has apparently been fired in a tweet

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2020, 12:50 PM   #30659
kingfc22
Head Coach

If you are a bad actor targeting the US, these next 70+ days are going to be your best shot to do some damage.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:21 PM   #30660
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
If you are a bad actor targeting the US, these next 70+ days are going to be your best shot to do some damage.

True.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:23 PM   #30661
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Ben Carson tested positive.

(1) he's just trying to do what all the cool kids are doing

and/or

(2) how hard is it to wear a damned mask? honestly it doesn't take a brain sur... uh... oh.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:04 PM   #30662
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't know if Emily Murphy is a true believer but assuming she isn't, I feel sorry for her.

It's like a CEO of the company telling you not to do it and you can lose your job. Sure she can give the finger to the CEO and do it anyway, resulting in a job loss (which she probably needs) and the CEO appointing someone else to retract the approval.

In this case, although customary, it's not been confirmed yet so I guess she has some rationalization.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...96e_story.html
Quote:
The administrator of the General Services Administration, the low-profile agency in charge of federal buildings, has a little-known role when a new president is elected: to sign paperwork officially turning over millions of dollars, as well as give access to government officials, office space in agencies and equipment authorized for the taxpayer-funded transition teams of the winner.

It amounts to a formal declaration by the federal government, outside of the media, of the winner of the presidential race.

But by Sunday evening, almost 36 hours after media outlets projected Biden as the winner, GSA Administrator Emily Murphy had written no such letter. And the Trump administration, in keeping with the president’s failure to concede the election, has no immediate plans to sign one. This could lead to the first transition delay in modern history, except in 2000, when the Supreme Court decided a recount dispute between Al Gore and George W. Bush in December.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:40 PM   #30663
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I don't know if Emily Murphy is a true believer but assuming she isn't, I feel sorry for her.

It's like a CEO of the company telling you not to do it and you can lose your job. Sure she can give the finger to the CEO and do it anyway, resulting in a job loss (which she probably needs) and the CEO appointing someone else to retract the approval.

In this case, although customary, it's not been confirmed yet so I guess she has some rationalization.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...96e_story.html

Either the Lincoln Project or Dem Coalition put her phone number on Twitter today.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:07 PM   #30664
Edward64
Head Coach

Hilarious.

Unsure if this is real but still funny. Anyone know who she is and I'll create a HoN for her.

Quote:
Fox News anchor doesn't realize she's live on air when a guest refuses to admit Joe Biden won

https://twitter.com/i/status/1325880755575160836

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-09-2020 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:38 AM   #30665
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
"What is the downside for humoring him for this little bit of time? No one seriously thinks the results will change," said one senior Republican official. "He went golfing this weekend. It's not like he's plotting how to prevent Joe Biden from taking power on Jan. 20. He's tweeting about filing some lawsuits, those lawsuits will fail, then he'll tweet some more about how the election was stolen, and then he'll leave."

Top Republicans back Trump's efforts to discredit election results
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:41 AM   #30666
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Hilarious.

Unsure if this is real but still funny. Anyone know who she is and I'll create a HoN for her.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1325880755575160836

Sandra smith
Old 11-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #30667
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

I debated whether to put this in the non-political forum, but decided to put it here. The sheer idiocy of these people is astounding.

Quote:
Others alleged, also without evidence, that the vaccine was actually a secret microchip and that Microsoft founder Bill Gates was going to use the microchips for nefarious (if somewhat unclear) purposes. Maybe mind-control, or depopulation.

Pfizer Said a Vaccine Was Almost Here. Anti-Vaxxers Lost It.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:45 AM   #30668
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
My 90 year old mother that lives with us and who voted for Biden as well as every democrat ever would disagree with this approach.

Pretty much this. My wife is 37, fit, smart, way more successful than me, but also has a rare heart condition and is likely getting a pacemaker in January. Looking at her, you'd never suspect COVID could wreck her. Someone yelled at her the other day for wearing a mask, as though her not wanting to die is somehow selfish.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #30669
miami_fan
Coordinator

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/polit...rnc/index.html

IF this happens, the Republican party officially becomes the party of Trump, no?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

Last edited by miami_fan : 11-10-2020 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:24 AM   #30670
kingfc22
Head Coach

Pretty sure we are there already. If nobody is going to speak up against him when he's lost an election while the rest of the party performed better, then when?

Last edited by kingfc22 : 11-10-2020 at 11:25 AM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:16 PM   #30671
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
I debated whether to put this in the non-political forum, but decided to put it here. The sheer idiocy of these people is astounding.

"Over 80% of irate responses were posted to Twitter and Facebook using the users' mobile phones which can, in no way, be used to track a person without their knowledge, listen in on them without their permission, or radicalize their viewpoints"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 12:36 PM   #30672
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/polit...rnc/index.html

IF this happens, the Republican party officially becomes the party of Trump, no?

I think many republicans would look at that as the last straw, and the party would alienate many more of them. A lot of republicans I've talked to are hoping for some new blood to rise to the top to challenge for the White House. Brian Sandoval would be a good possibility in my opinion. Sandoval was an extremely popular governor in Nevada, even amongst democrats, winning re-election with over 70% of the vote.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:38 PM   #30673
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The moderate GOP governors are extremely popular, but they can't win the primary without giving up what made them popular in the first place. See Romney, Mitt.
Old 11-10-2020, 01:16 PM   #30674
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan

It already has, regardless.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:53 PM   #30675
QuikSand
lolzcat

Honestly, don't we think that the Republican Party (whatever that means, in terms of leaders and such) has basically figure out through this whole Cult 45 exercise that logical/policy consistency is massively overrated, at least with the sphere of voters and stakeholders and corporate interests they care about?

Look at Lindsay Graham on the court nominee. Yes he said A, looked into the camera and told people to "use it against me." And then he said B, and all but looked into the camera and said "go fuck yourselves, suckers." And won. And remains a heroic figure, in part for doing so.

So, for all these Trump enablers who made unconscionable votes and statements in support of that guy, once the smoke clears and that guy is gone (hopefully)... don't you thin their plan will basically just be to say the new/different thing like nothing ever happened?

Who cares about the truth? A bunch of lamestream media types, elbow-patch professors and scientists, liberal coastal elites, and football text sim message boarders... none of them move the needle in empowering Republicans. Fuck 'em. Just lie, blame the media, and lie more. It works.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:01 PM   #30676
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:12 PM   #30677
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

You're not wrong.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:16 PM   #30678
Kodos
Resident Alien

This passage from a NYT article about QAnon struggling with Trump's loss gave me a laugh.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/t...ion-trump.html

Quote:

But since Mr. Trump’s defeat, Q has gone dark. No posts from the account bearing Q’s tripcode, or digital user name, have appeared on 8kun, the website where all of Q’s posts appear. And overall QAnon-related activity on the site has slowed to a trickle. (On a recent day, there were fewer new posts on one of 8kun’s QAnon boards than on its board for adult-diaper fetishists.)

Last edited by Kodos : 11-10-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:25 PM   #30679
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Pretty sure we are there already. If nobody is going to speak up against him when he's lost an election while the rest of the party performed better, then when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
It already has, regardless.

I hear what you guys are saying. What I meant is with this move, we are done playing the game that Trump is a means to an end or an outsider as opposed to being the the heart of the party. That Trump is the Republican party.

While I disagree with who it is and what it means they represent, I give credit to the Republicans for actually defining who they are.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:36 PM   #30680
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post

That's a big time, Q conspiracy. Not all anti vaxxers believe that, but 100% (well maybe not that high, but it's a big tenet the belief) of Q followers do.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:38 PM   #30681
Edward64
Head Coach

Now for some non-religious discussion ... don't know if we are reading too much into what Kavanaugh said but it's a good thing, better than nothing.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/polit...ays/index.html
Quote:
Roberts and Kavanaugh seem OK with keeping most of the law intact

Simply put, Chief Justice John Roberts saved Obamacare in 2012, famously (or infamously, depending on your point of view) calling the mandate to buy health insurance a tax. Trump and the GOP-controlled Congress zeroed out that penalty three years ago, giving Republicans -- including the Trump administration -- an opening to come back to court. If the tax is gone, they say, the logic for keeping the law is gone.

The biggest question is whether the court, should it agree with that logic, would kill the entire law or simply sever the mandate section.

You don't always get statements as direct as this one from Justice Brett Kavanaugh, Trump's second appointee to the bench: "I tend to agree with you on this very straightforward case for severability under our precedents, meaning that we would excise the mandate and leave the rest of the act in place reading our severability precedents," Kavanaugh told Don Verrilli, the attorney for the Democratic-led US House of Representatives, which is defending the law because the Trump administration won't.

"Even if there are five votes to strike down a zero-penalty individual mandate, Kavanaugh has made clear he thinks that provision can be severed from the rest of the ACA (and we already know the chief feels that way)," said Steve Vladeck, a CNN legal analyst and University of Texas Law professor. "There is therefore no way to count to five votes to throw out the entire statute."

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-10-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2020, 04:20 PM   #30682
whomario
Pro Starter

Could Trump govern without the House ? Like, technically. Not asking if he can do it well, only if it would be possible if somehow no one "removes" him (and all Democrats could do is boycot, which would presumably matter less in the minority in the Senate).
Anybody already made that thought experiment online perhaps ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-10-2020 at 04:23 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:24 PM   #30683
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
This passage from a NYT article about QAnon struggling with Trump's loss gave me a laugh.

I'm surprised given the consistency in comments that I've seen from Q'ers. I just assumed they were pumping out this same election fraud nonsense.

I'm not surprised about diaper wearing popularity. That's the good stuff.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #30684
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Could Trump govern without the House ? Like, technically. Not asking if he can do it well, only if it would be possible if somehow no one "removes" him (and all Democrats could do is boycot, which would presumably matter less in the minority in the Senate).
Anybody already made that thought experiment online perhaps ?
No. Anyone in power in the military has been pretty adamant they do not want to get involved in domestic political matters, and they wouldn't do anything until January 20th or whatever inauguration day is supposed to be, but if Trump hasn't left the White House and tries to keep governing by executive decree the military would be forced to pick a side.

I guess the weirder way would be to monkey around with the electoral college vote in December - MI/PA Republican's have already said no they won't interfere, and you don't have to worry about faithless electors when it's 300+ EV's not 270, but the legal mechanics of things aren't really as defined or understood.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:14 PM   #30685
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Maybe QAnon was a Dem ploy to show undecideds how batshit-crazy Trumpers were? Now the election is over it has run it’s course...

I don’t believe that TBH, but if it were true it would be (flawed) genius

Last edited by AlexB : 11-10-2020 at 05:14 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #30686
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Maybe QAnon was a Dem ploy to show undecideds how batshit-crazy Trumpers were? Now the election is over it has run it’s course...

I don’t believe that TBH, but if it were true it would be (flawed) genius

Q'anon is John Titor.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:09 PM   #30687
bhlloy
Coordinator

Didn't Aubrey Huff have that theory days ago?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:12 PM   #30688
RainMaker
General Manager

Pretty sure it started as a joke and now is just being used by the guy who runs 8chan.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:58 AM   #30689
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I feel that it is rather sad that someone could be filled with so much hate:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-say-n1247381
Old 11-11-2020, 10:04 AM   #30690
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I feel that it is rather sad that someone could be filled with so much hate:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-say-n1247381

Americans will refer to this as radicalization when it occurs in other countries.

In the US, we call this Wednesday.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #30691
RainMaker
General Manager

Civil war brewing inside Proud Boys as top leader says he’s done pretending he isn’t a Nazi | Raw Story
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:21 AM   #30692
JediKooter
Coordinator

Please excuse my lack of shock and surprise that he is a nazi.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #30693
Thomkal
Head Coach

one step closer to being labeled as domestic terrorists
Old 11-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #30694
Flasch186
Coordinator

Perhaps the right thread? Unsure since there's multiples now:

Anyways...

What happens if the conspiracy that the elections aren't certified and the state electors get selected and get put in place to throw their votes to Trump, in essence stealing the election. The GOP Senators and House stand back and explain it away as they've done with literally everything and their morality as well (Christians! Ha!). What does the rest of the country do is my question?

Does the military intervene? Does the populace? I'm thinking no and Trump does in fact 'steal' the election, gets 4 more years and the country is neutered to do anything. Then the long tail is that he runs for a 3rd term because the first was so affected by a opposition party.

What are the things that could happen that I'm missing on the extreme crazy spectrum?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 01:03 PM   #30695
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

This stuff at the DOD gets more ominous.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 01:07 PM   #30696
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Perhaps the right thread? Unsure since there's multiples now:

Anyways...

What happens if the conspiracy that the elections aren't certified and the state electors get selected and get put in place to throw their votes to Trump, in essence stealing the election. The GOP Senators and House stand back and explain it away as they've done with literally everything and their morality as well (Christians! Ha!). What does the rest of the country do is my question?

Does the military intervene? Does the populace? I'm thinking no and Trump does in fact 'steal' the election, gets 4 more years and the country is neutered to do anything. Then the long tail is that he runs for a 3rd term because the first was so affected by a opposition party.

What are the things that could happen that I'm missing on the extreme crazy spectrum?
I would say all of that is on the extreme crazy spectrum except I think that is exactly what the Trump plan is, and he has telling us this for quite awhile. No one took him seriously or believed he had a chance to do it. I think he has a more than zero chance of doing it.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:08 PM   #30697
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

It's certainly non-zero, but it's also non-zero that Martians will land in Times Square in the next hour. I'd put both of them in about the same likelihood.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:39 PM   #30698
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
It's certainly non-zero, but it's also non-zero that Martians will land in Times Square in the next hour. I'd put both of them in about the same likelihood.
I would say the fact that the president has the power of the office, a complicit senate and a large portion of the country on his side, would give him a much higher chance of success than Martians.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #30699
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I would say the fact that the president has the power of the office, a complicit senate and a large portion of the country on his side, would give him a much higher chance of success than Martians.

But knowing the ramifications of this, especially based on the fact that these allegations are baseless. Is it really conceivable that our Government would allow this to happen for the sake of one mans fragile ego, knowing full well, that it would destroy America as we know it?

I just can't fathom that the senate would go beyond this current political theatre and stand by allowing him to burn democracy to the ground.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:03 PM   #30700
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

The Senate doing it wouldn't surprise me. I don't see the number of states required going that route. There's a lot of dominoes that would all have to fall in line for that to happen, and if they all do what you effectively have is a coup.