Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #501
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think it worked out well, and I hope you get to run it again with more people.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #502
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

A little bit more about the game and characters:

1. The Jackal - vanilla villager who was a collector of rare items. Once the Book of Shadows made an appearance he was given a major victory condition of surviving an innocent victory and having the book in his posession. He gained an ability to search a target at night for the book but there were potental consequences of searching as he could be seen or worse (if he decided to search The Source)

2. RendeR - Paige, would have received a major victory condition if becoming The Charmed One(s) of seeing Cole killed

3. Lathum - Cole, in my opinion the best chracter to have, could have been converted or ended up being converted by "chosing" that path with several choices he was given, had a potential major victory condition of winning with the demons and having the original Charmed One(s) surviving as he did love Phoebe

4. jeheinz72 - vanilla villager, a believer in magic who discovered that one of the innocents planned on removing all that is magic, received a major victory condition of surviving an innocent victory with the Charmed One(s) alive and elimination of the one who wrote the note, was a Charmed One(s) night kill away from a major victory

5. hoopsguy - vanilla villager, haunted by the memory of his best frind being murdered and fueled by hatred for Cole Turner, the sleazebag lawyer responsible for his friend's killer being set free. Discovered business card of Cole's and th rage returned. Received a major victory condition of surviving an innocent victory and seeing Cole killed.

6. Barkeep49 - The Source, I couldn't resist having the moderator given the role of The Source of all evil , Major victory condition of a demon win and being the sole surviving original demon (demons can't be trusted)

7. PackerFanatic - The Charmed One(s), could scan, kill or freeze someone at night, major victory if surviving a victory

8. Danny - vanilla villager, religious zealot who hates anything related to magic, had probably the toughest major victory condition of an innocent win and all magical sources killed

9. Chubby - Christy, was the cunning who would scan good, had a majro victory condition of surviing a demon victory as the sole remaining original demon

10. Hannibal Lecter - vanilla villager, would have received a major victory condition had he survived day one (would ahve depended on who didn't survive)

11. Chief Rum - Leo (BG/healer), Could protect/heal a target at night, could not prevent a dark lighter attack, would have saved (duked) the vote one time if The Charmed One(s) were targetted (but this woul have also revealed a lot about the game

Objects:
1. knife (supposed to be dagger) - could have been used for a one time night kill by anyone, for the demons it would have been a second kill for the night but also self defense object if one was attacked at night (nothing discovered during that attack but any special powers of the attacking demon would be unavailable the following day/night phase, used in an NPC kill and by an NPC in The Source kill

2. crystals - could be used by a non demon to freeze someone for a night phase not allowing them to perform thier night action, a demon could use it on a target to remove that target's special powers (or night actions) for the following day/night phase, fell from pocket of one of the NPC's in story line

3. Book of Shadows - only for atmosphere and the win condition for the collector, showed up in story line

4. Hand written note - able to be analyzed for hand writing to compare with a clue found earlier by jeheinz, to see if the person was the one who wanted to kill magic, dropped upon Danny's death

I was torn between this or one based on The Lost Boys, glad I went with this one as what I had planned for The Lost Boys would have needed to be a larger game to really get the characters in that I wanted (The Frog brothers, Star, each of the vampires, grandpa, Sammy, Michael and enough vanilla villagers for feedng, uh make that for helping find the vampires).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #503
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: Next time I am a wolf I am making sure hoops is gone by night one or two, he is good at picking up on things.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #504
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

That was an enjoyable. I very rarely get roles, especially a good one like that, and I felt I did a pretty decent job with it (maybe too good, as not only did Hoops pick up on my clues, but it seems Chubby did too, haha) I scanned CR the first night, finding out he was Leo. I then scanned Heinze the next night, which is why I was pushing so much to keep him alive. I had Lathum on the docket to be scanned next, but obviously I was dead before I could do that.

Regardless, great job villagers
Old 12-06-2008, 01:13 PM   #505
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
dola: Next time I am a wolf I am making sure hoops is gone by night one or two, he is good at picking up on things.

Sometimes - there are plenty of times I see crap that is not really there as well. But I did feel good about picking up PackerFanatic as seer this game.

I was trying to figure out what to make out of the "flavor" stuff. Wish I had chatted with you about it at some point, at least to run some ideas past you.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #506
Danny
Head Coach

What was the reason for my death so early? Chubby did you suspect I could be the seer?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:16 PM   #507
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have a question for Chubby: If it would have mattered would you have saved me or were you going for the solo win?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #508
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
What was the reason for my death so early? Chubby did you suspect I could be the seer?

I wanted a random kill to try and throw people off my trail
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #509
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I have a question for Chubby: If it would have mattered would you have saved me or were you going for the solo win?

I most def would have saved you. I knew how screwed I'd be on my own that early. Now later on is a different story
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #510
The Jackal
Coordinator

EF, I don't think I've ever been in a game where you can pick up items, maybe 1 at the most, that's certainly why I didn't think about picking up on your clues.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #511
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I most def would have saved you. I knew how screwed I'd be on my own that early. Now later on is a different story
That's what I figured though I debated whether or not to bring the fact that we each had solo win conditions into the open.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:22 AM   #512
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Question to hoops and heinze, who appear to be the other vanilla villagers, did you get EF's vanilla major victory condition also?

Yeah I had one, I had to protect the Charmed One (had to live) and to make sure some person who hated magic died (they did, night kill, I forget who it was, Danny maybe?)
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:26 AM   #513
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
That was an enjoyable. I very rarely get roles, especially a good one like that, and I felt I did a pretty decent job with it (maybe too good, as not only did Hoops pick up on my clues, but it seems Chubby did too, haha) I scanned CR the first night, finding out he was Leo. I then scanned Heinze the next night, which is why I was pushing so much to keep him alive. I had Lathum on the docket to be scanned next, but obviously I was dead before I could do that.

Regardless, great job villagers

Out of curiousity, why'd you scan me NIght 2? Any particular reason?
Old 12-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #514
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

All in all, I really enjoyed this game (my ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE performance aside).

I'd really like to see it run some time in a 20+ person environment.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #515
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I don't think I had any real reason to scan you, Heinz, other than to clear you. I didn't really have a feeling either way about you, but I had a conditional order in to kill BK if he wasn't lynched (this was well before the swing at the end that lynched him) and he was lynched, then scan you. I feel that actually worked out in my favor a little, since I could then follow what you were doing and clear a few more in my mind.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #516
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

And I hoped I helped a little in throwing people off you after you got massive heat.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #517
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
That was an enjoyable. I very rarely get roles, especially a good one like that, and I felt I did a pretty decent job with it (maybe too good, as not only did Hoops pick up on my clues, but it seems Chubby did too, haha)

Was thinking about this earlier, and I've got to believe that Chubby did not realize that you were the seer. As the cunning wolf, he wanted to be scanned. As the only wolf left, he wanted to find the convert. Using that logic, I think it was more likely he thought you were Cole than the seer.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #518
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yeah, according to EF, he had me pegged before you outed me right before deadline. Just the luck of the draw I suppose
Old 12-10-2008, 07:50 AM   #519
hoopsguy
General Manager

If he had you pegged then that was a questionable tactical decision. You could have scanned him as good and by killing you he could not get the convert. Those are both breaks that he needed to get being the last man left in the game, in my opinion.