Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2020, 12:15 AM   #28901
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Big news! But he hung out with so many people who have had Covid, it was only a matter of time.

I wonder if it wasn't for being so close to election they would have announced it at all.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 10-02-2020 at 12:16 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:24 AM   #28902
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Big news! But he hung out with so many people who have had Covid, it was only a matter of time.

I wonder if it wasn't for being so close to election they would have announced it at all.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

They ummm, were trying to hide that Hope Hicks tested positive. Only because journalists broke the story did it come out...

BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:24 AM   #28903
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Can't help but wonder if it's just a sympathy play. Then he'll "overcome" it and show how strong he is, and that people who don't are losers and cowards.

This seems like the obvious play. He will most likely have a less-than-serious case and there's no way that's going to cause him to take some kind of major 180, rather than leaning into the only dog-eared playbook he has. He can't spin hoax anymore, after half the West Wing has had it, but they can still work with some version of "it's just the flu!"
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-02-2020 at 12:24 AM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:25 AM   #28904
molson
General Manager

Sidenote, I woke up this morning, saw it was October 1, and just had a feeling that some crazy shit is going to go down this month. (Not much of a leap in 2020, I know).

Last edited by molson : 10-02-2020 at 12:25 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:26 AM   #28905
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Can't help but wonder if it's just a sympathy play. Then he'll "overcome" it and show how strong he is, and that people who don't are losers and cowards.

If you think this helps Trump in any way, you are mistaken. His campaign is torpedoing and if anything it highlights more and more of his lies, hypocrisy, idiots and contradictions. I mean, just 2 days ago he was making fun of Joe Biden for wearing a mask. His whole inner circle photographed yesterday getting of AF1 without masks... Then he tests positive. His campaign is fucked and he knows it. Just look at the tweet. He didn't tweet that. Notice he called it COVID-19 and not Chinavirus. They took his phone away from him. He's probably fuming. I can't wait for the inside tell-all from this night in a few months...

Its preposterous to think they gave him COVID purposely or that this was by design. Take your tin-foil hat off.

Last edited by BillyMadison : 10-02-2020 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:31 AM   #28906
kingfc22
Head Coach

Buhahahhhahahahahahahahahhaahha
Old 10-02-2020, 12:34 AM   #28907
PilotMan
Head Coach

Fuck trump. I hope he's got hemorrhoids and the worst case of diarrhea imaginable.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:36 AM   #28908
PilotMan
Head Coach

Not to mention that this takes him out of sight for 2 weeks with 32 days until the election.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:36 AM   #28909
Galaril
Pro Starter

And the DOW futures are down 500 points. That is bad since it is not a one to one compared to the DOW in daily trading usually. We might just might see a gigantic drop in the market tomorrow in a 2000+ drop between Trump getting Covid and the unemployment numbers coming out which are expected not to be great. This is a double punch in the gut for this country. Good luck to us all.

Last edited by Galaril : 10-02-2020 at 12:38 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:39 AM   #28910
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
And the DOW futures are down 500 points. That is bad since it is not a one to one compared to the DOW in daily trading usually. We might just might see a gigantic drop in the market tomorrow in a 2000+ drop between Trump getting Covid and the unemployment numbers coming out which are expected not to be great. This is a double punch in the gut for this country. Good luck to us all.

Ahh America.... President contracts COVID-19 and we're worried about our stocks.

(I'm kidding, it's a joke. I checked too.)

Last edited by BillyMadison : 10-02-2020 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:39 AM   #28911
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMadison View Post
If you think this helps Trump in any way, you are mistaken. His campaign is torpedoing and if anything it highlights more and more of his lies, hypocrisy, idiots and contradictions. I mean, just 2 days ago he was making fun of Joe Biden for wearing a mask. His whole inner circle photographed yesterday getting of AF1 without masks... Then he tests positive. His campaign is fucked and he knows it. Just look at the tweet. He didn't tweet that. Notice he called it COVID-19 and not Chinavirus. They took his phone away from him. He's probably fuming. I can't wait for the inside tell-all from this night in a few months...

Its preposterous to think they gave him COVID purposely or that this was by design. Take your tin-foil hat off.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:43 AM   #28912
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It seems almost like we're in the end-stage of the Trump Presidency: The Movie.

You can almost see it play out on the silver screen. Trump Unhinged at the debate, all his election aides wincing and looking away as Trump keeps interrupting.

When the one person who tried to tell trump it backfired on him, someone glares at him and says "Kid, if enough people tell you the sky is green, you'll believe it is too. Reality is what we say it is. That's how we got through all this."

Then, as the scene fades to black, white lines appear on the screen. "President Donald Trump tested positive for COVID-19 on October 2nd, 2020. Shortly after losing the 2020 presidential election, he passed away on November Xth at the age of 74."

Honestly, I hope he has a mild case (is there a mild case when you're mid seventies), gets to see himself lose big in November, and then all the other stuff comes crashing down on him
Old 10-02-2020, 12:48 AM   #28913
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

I think the worse part about all of this for the President will be that everyone will be pointing out that he has a preexisting condition: he's obese. Already seen this a few times. I bet he hates it.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:52 AM   #28914
molson
General Manager

He is in several high-risk groups — elderly, obese, low-income.

(I stole that one, but it made me chuckle).
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:53 AM   #28915
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Trump has Covid

he finally got covid

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-02-2020 at 01:54 AM.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 01:56 AM   #28916
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Luckily he has all the hydroxychloroquine he can eat
Old 10-02-2020, 01:58 AM   #28917
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hmmm unfortunately that means Joe Biden and Chris Wallace all might have it now.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:59 AM   #28918
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Little part of me feels this is a ploy to get out of doing any more debates...or maybe even to pull out of the race.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:15 AM   #28919
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The Melania tapes are out.

She is who we thought she was.

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah I listened to those earlier...I can't say I...uh....I...I just don;t know...I got nothing.

*mouth agape*
Old 10-02-2020, 03:11 AM   #28920
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
(is there a mild case when you're mid seventies),
I can’t recall if I mentioned it here, or just to the FOxL crew, but when I was in my hometown this summer and got together for an outdoor gathering with some old friends, one of them backed out at the very last minute because his wife woke up that morning with a fever. It turned out that both of them got it. She is in her mid-60s, and he is 72. He never had to stay overnight at the hospital, but he did need a couple of visits and he was feeling pretty rough for almost 3 weeks. He is in*much* better physical condition that Trump. (He’s a pastor in a semi-rural area, very outdoorsy, frequently helps his congregants with yard/farm work, he and his wife redid their entire rather large back patio and deck themselves last summer, etc.) I wouldn’t call two hospital visits and 2-3 weeks down as “mild,” per se, but theoretically, if he were a hyper-partisan he certainly could have spinned it as “just the flu. I got better.” No doubt if Trump survives he will.

(My friend is the only over-70 person person I know personally who got it and survived. The other three were all probably more obese than Trump.)
Old 10-02-2020, 03:33 AM   #28921
Ben E Lou

Dola:

It speaks volumes about the utter untrustworthiness and moral bankruptcy of this man and his administration that the possibility that the President of the United States is lying about this so he can ‘recover’ and ‘prove’ it’s just the flu before the election is being discussed among non tinfoil-fat wearing people.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:35 AM   #28922
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Since it's 2020, Biden probably caught it from Trump.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 03:45 AM   #28923
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Dola:

It speaks volumes about the utter untrustworthiness and moral bankruptcy of this man and his administration that the possibility that the President of the United States is lying about this so he can ‘recover’ and ‘prove’ it’s just the flu before the election is being discussed among non tinfoil-fat wearing people.

This. He lies so much and has talked for months about having a "vaccine" before the election so I am still waiting for details about Hope Hicks and any other people infected before I can trust the information.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:47 AM   #28924
Ben E Lou

If one of the nominees were to die and be replaced before the election, what happens to the early votes cast for the original nominee?

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 10-02-2020 at 04:49 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:06 AM   #28925
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think there's a mechanism for replacing someone that quickly. I think the votes would go to their VP, and then they'd have to get a replacement VP approved by Congress or somesuch.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:22 AM   #28926
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

They can't replace the candidate on the ballots at this point. Pence would become President until January, and the Republican electors would choose a replacement, if they won of course. They should choose who the party selects as a replacement (that would most likely be Pence). They can just choose anyone, though.

If the President (or President-Elect if it were Biden that won) died after the election, then the Vice President or Vice President elect would take the job according to the 20th amendment. It only gets murky if the death comes before the election with no time to change the ballots.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:33 AM   #28927
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
They can't replace the candidate on the ballots at this point. Pence would become President until January, and the Republican electors would choose a replacement, if they won of course. They should choose who the party selects as a replacement (that would most likely be Pence). They can just choose anyone, though.

If the President (or President-Elect if it were Biden that won) died after the election, then the Vice President or Vice President elect would take the job according to the 20th amendment. It only gets murky if the death comes before the election with no time to change the ballots.
I was specifically thinking of a scenario where Biden gets it and dies in late October when millions of people have already voted for him. Does team Trump file a lawsuit saying "they voted for Biden, not Harris! Trump Wins!" I agree that common sense says that the Biden votes would go to Harris, but do we have laws on the books that specify that a dead Presidential candidate's votes automatically go to his or her VP nominee, or do votes for a dead person simply not count?
Old 10-02-2020, 05:41 AM   #28928
GrantDawg

Quote:
I was specifically thinking of a scenario where Biden gets it and dies in late October when millions of people have already voted for him. Does team Trump file a lawsuit saying "they voted for Biden, not Harris! Trump Wins!" I agree that common sense says that the Biden votes would go to Harris, but do we have laws on the books that specify that a dead Presidential candidate's votes automatically go to his or her VP nominee, or do votes for a dead person simply not count?
No, they do not. The Democratic electors would then choose the winner. The party is supposed to tell them who to choose, but many states don't have laws that bind them.
Trump wouldn't necessarily win a challenge in court in that case. What he could do try is have red state legislatures pick non-faithful electors that then vote for Trump instead. That might not stand up in court depending on how the states election laws are written.
Of course, they could not get the required number of electors to elect anybody, and it would go to congress.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-02-2020 at 05:41 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:46 AM   #28929
GrantDawg

By the numbers:

President Trump is going to receive the best around-the-clock care. Good chance he will survive this with little complications.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:58 AM   #28930
Edward64
Head Coach

October surprise #1.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:00 AM   #28931
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
October surprise #1.

Are we really that surprised though?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:01 AM   #28932
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola:

Honestly, this is the most uncomfortable part of the day so far. I, like everyone else have watched us move to this place every step of the way. I have become way more cynical than I was four years ago. But even I am shocked at the place we have reached.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:01 AM   #28933
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:06 AM   #28934
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Are we really that surprised though?

Unfortunately, no. (And I do think this is a real diagnosis).

I am concerned about Biden. You would think they would have woke him up and given him a test right away and gotten a result in 1-2 hours or so. The lack of news there is very concerning.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:11 AM   #28935
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Unfortunately, no. (And I do think this is a real diagnosis).

I am concerned about Biden. You would think they would have woke him up and given him a test right away and gotten a result in 1-2 hours or so. The lack of news there is very concerning.
Well, he is Sleepy Joe.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:18 AM   #28936
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Well, he is Sleepy Joe.

Had a chuckle.

FWIW, debate performance notwithstanding, a Pence-Biden will be a closer race.

Pence will retain Trump's core (where else are they going to go?) and be much more acceptable to the moderate right/independents than Trump.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:19 AM   #28937
AlexB
Pro Starter

On the plus side, assuming Trump is OK to debate, it is now possible (likely?) that the next debate is virtual, so muting the non-speaker will be simple
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:22 AM   #28938
Edward64
Head Coach

Guess I wasn't the only one.

Does Joe Biden Have Covid-19? Everyone Has the Same Query After Donald Trump Tests Positive
Quote:
Following reports of Donald Trump testing positive for coronavirus, Google Trends results show that people have been looking up if Joe Biden is getting tested too. Take a look:
Old 10-02-2020, 06:23 AM   #28939
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Did they get close to each other? I didn't watch the actual debate.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:25 AM   #28940
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Old 10-02-2020, 06:25 AM   #28941
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Not that I saw but who knows what happened in the backstage or between their family members, posse etc.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:27 AM   #28942
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Not really, They didn't shake hands, and the podiums where more than 6 feet apart.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:42 AM   #28943
Flasch186
Coordinator

From a voting perspective I think that the people that were screaming Hoax might have to revisit that philosophy now right? I think that there may be .25% or .5% that will view DT as weaker because he contracted it and may turn off the vote for him which would be a ridiculous reason but nothing shocks me anymore.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:44 AM   #28944
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ahh America.... President contracts COVID-19 and we're worried about our stocks.

Yeah I frankly don’t have much skill n in the game on the market here days but know that is why lots of people vote R so was mentioning it.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:49 AM   #28945
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I know some of you follow predictit, and movement over there?

I know a lot of off shore books have taken the line down.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:50 AM   #28946
Jas_lov
College Starter

I doubt it helps him in the election. If anything it hurts him because he looks even dumber for not wearing a mask and making fun of Biden for wearing one. And Trump doesn't like appearing weak so I don't think it's made up. Hopefully he recovers with no/mild symptoms and it's a wake up call for his supporters to take it seriously. Wear a mask!
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:56 AM   #28947
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
I doubt it helps him in the election. If anything it hurts him because he looks even dumber for not wearing a mask and making fun of Biden for wearing one. And Trump doesn't like appearing weak so I don't think it's made up. Hopefully he recovers with no/mild symptoms and it's a wake up call for his supporters to take it seriously. Wear a mask!

The thing is that if he recovers with no/mild symptoms that will rally his base. they will be shouting "SEE, IT IS JUST A COLD!"

And no one will wear a mask.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:58 AM   #28948
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
The thing is that if he recovers with no/mild symptoms that will rally his base. they will be shouting "SEE, IT IS JUST A COLD!"

And no one will wear a mask.

Exactly. That's why I question the validity of this. He comes back healthy in 2 weeks and its going to be a cacophony of "open the country!"
Old 10-02-2020, 06:58 AM   #28949
Ben E Lou

Sadly, we find ourselves in a space where perhaps the worst thing for the country's overall rebound from the pandemic would be for him to have an easy recovery. It'll be further "evidence" that it's "just the flu" for those already inclined to think that way.

EDIT: Yeah, tarcone beat me to it.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 10-02-2020 at 07:02 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:01 AM   #28950
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yeah I frankly I don’t have much skin in the game on the market these days but know that is why lots of people vote R so was mentioning it.

Last edited by Galaril : 10-02-2020 at 07:42 AM.