Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #2901
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
wouldnt arya have to be dead for someone else to "use" her face?

Didn't stop the body from having her face after Jaqen drank the poison and left Arya clawing away mask after mask after mask only to find her own face at the bottom.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:13 PM   #2902
SteveMax58
College Starter

Agree with others that this episode was disappointing after a bit of a letdown in the previous one. Was hoping for more meaningful scenes.

Some random thoughts in no particular order....

Glad to see the Hound alive. Didn't need all that time to show that nice people get killed for no reason.

Lady Mormont should be running the 7 kingdoms and that little girl stole the episode imo. Oh....and is there a relation to Sir Jorah? Or do they just have confusingly similar last names?

I don't think the Arya stabbing could be what it appears to be. We'll have to wait and see what the surprise is there but "as is"....would be ridiculous.

Jon Snow is still a bastard.

Theon must be getting awfully sick of the dickless jokes. Maybe he can get a new one by cutting Ramsay's (another bastard) off and using magic or something. Oh and he has a cool sister.

Margeary is smarter than Cersei.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #2903
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
Agree with others that this episode was disappointing after a bit of a letdown in the previous one. Was hoping for more meaningful scenes.

Some random thoughts in no particular order....

Glad to see the Hound alive. Didn't need all that time to show that nice people get killed for no reason.

Lady Mormont should be running the 7 kingdoms and that little girl stole the episode imo. Oh....and is there a relation to Sir Jorah? Or do they just have confusingly similar last names?

I don't think the Arya stabbing could be what it appears to be. We'll have to wait and see what the surprise is there but "as is"....would be ridiculous.

Jon Snow is still a bastard.

Theon must be getting awfully sick of the dickless jokes. Maybe he can get a new one by cutting Ramsay's (another bastard) off and using magic or something. Oh and he has a cool sister.

Margeary is smarter than Cersei.

Lyanna Mormont would be Jorah Mormont's niece/cousin/something. Jeor Mormont (the previous Lord Commander) gave the title away (when he joined the black) to his son Jorah, who got married and had it for awhile and then went broke spoiling his wife and fled town giving the title to his aunt and then passing that off to Lyanna. The title wasn't actually 'given' to his aunt by Jorah, rather it was taken away I think by Ned Stark and then given to her. When she died, Lyanna, the little girl everyone is raving about, took over. She was named after Ned's sister.

Last edited by hollmt : 06-07-2016 at 05:29 PM.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #2904
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I thought this episode was really solid. Been enjoying the whole season. Each episode feels like it's only 20 minutes long.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:59 PM   #2905
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I thought this episode was really solid. Been enjoying the whole season. Each episode feels like it's only 20 minutes long.

I suppose it's a fine line between craving more and disappointment at not getting it.

The scenes are mostly well done and entertaining to me. And I also have to look at the clock because the episodes never seem long enough, even though they are the standard 50+ minutes.

Maybe it's just that I don't know what I don't know. But a lot of the scenes seem to introduce new elements that seem unnecessary in the larger scheme. So I want them to move on....unless of course I'm missing the reason for the new element.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #2906
Ned Doolittle
Banned

Technically the 62 soldiers Lady Mormont gave which she said fight with the vigor of 10 men each is a big deal. Consider Jorah Mormont himself is a superior fighter and routinely has battled against many foes at once by himself. So if she gave Jon Snow essentially 62 Jorah Mormonts that's actually not so bad.
Ned Doolittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #2907
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I was pretty stoked to see Lady Mormont in the camp with Snow and Davos, I hope she's intending to be involved in the battle....I'd like to see Sansa corner Ramsey Bolton at the end of a long siege, and just as she (and/or Theon) is starting to deliver some epic soliloquy about her due vengeance Lady Mormont strolls by and prison shanks Ramsey a dozen times.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:06 AM   #2908
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Sansa is knocked up, right?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:12 AM   #2909
thesloppy
Pro Starter

With a little Bolton? Ewww.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:01 AM   #2910
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post
Lyanna Mormont would be Jorah Mormont's niece/cousin/something. Jeor Mormont (the previous Lord Commander) gave the title away (when he joined the black) to his son Jorah, who got married and had it for awhile and then went broke spoiling his wife and fled town giving the title to his aunt and then passing that off to Lyanna. The title wasn't actually 'given' to his aunt by Jorah, rather it was taken away I think by Ned Stark and then given to her. When she died, Lyanna, the little girl everyone is raving about, took over. She was named after Ned's sister.

Thanks i figured it had to go something like that. So was Jorah ruling when Ned sent him off to track Dany? Or was that after he already relinquished his title?
Old 06-08-2016, 06:02 AM   #2911
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
With a little Bolton? Ewww.

Though technically it wouldn't be a little bastard right?
Old 06-08-2016, 07:00 AM   #2912
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Ned exiled Jorah. It was actually Varys and the small council who sent Jorah to Danaerys, and they sent him to spy on her. He fell in love with her, then stopped accepting their money.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 06-08-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:13 AM   #2913
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Ned exiled Jorah. It was actually Varys and the small council who sent Jorah to Danaerys, and they sent him to spy on her. He fell in love with her, then stopped accepting their money.
Yeah, they mentioned this when Jorah was getting pardoned for giving info on Danaerys. I *thought* his exile was because Jorah was using/selling slaves in Westeros to get out from under the debt his wife had accrued. Ned found out and allowed him to be exiled (instead of executed). I'm guessing either Jorah got exiled after Lyanna was born or that her mom used it as a tribute to Ned for giving Jorah leniency? Maybe someone who reads the books can give the actual explanation. They didn't spend a ton of time on it in the show. On the face of it, it seems odd that Lyanna would be open to joining with the Starks after Ned exiled her uncle. The Karstarks seemed pretty pissed about Ned executing one of theirs - and while exiling isn't as bad as an execution - you would think that would bother the Mormonts.

Last edited by Arles : 06-08-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #2914
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Ned wanted Jorah dead. Jorah fled to escape execution.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:39 AM   #2915
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm pretty sure that wasn't Arya. I read a bunch of stuff and If you notice how her behavior changes it's very much like someone is "acting" like her. It was probably a test of the Waif "don't let her suffer".

My guess is that the waif will return to the house, and that Jaquen will stab her, revealing himself to actually be Arya.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:49 AM   #2916
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Explain the Maergary thing. Does the drawing mean she's playing the sparrow?
Old 06-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #2917
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'm pretty sure that wasn't Arya. I read a bunch of stuff and If you notice how her behavior changes it's very much like someone is "acting" like her. It was probably a test of the Waif "don't let her suffer".

My guess is that the waif will return to the house, and that Jaquen will stab her, revealing himself to actually be Arya.
That would actually be pretty cool and save "face" from the bridge debacle with the Waif.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:53 AM   #2918
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Explain the Maergary thing. Does the drawing mean she's playing the sparrow?

I'm about 99% that's exactly it.

I also think the Sparrow knows it, and just doesn't care - he's getting what he wants.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:12 PM   #2919
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I'm about 99% that's exactly it.

I also think the Sparrow knows it, and just doesn't care - he's getting what he wants.

Thats how I see it as well. Maergary's note was a sign of house loyalty (the rose) showing thats what she is putting first here.

I also don't think the Sparrow is fooled by her. But he's playing the game because that benefits him...for now.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #2920
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

The High Sparrow has quickly moved way up my list of characters I want to know more about. Where did he come from? How did he get to where he is? He's far too good at the game to be some random person. How much did Littlefinger have to do with him getting to where he is?
Old 06-08-2016, 02:25 PM   #2921
Kodos
Resident Alien

I just want to see him and his followers dead.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:04 PM   #2922
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sansa is knocked up, right?

Where do you get that?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #2923
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Where do you get that?

I think it is implied when Sansa is scolding Littlefinger around episode 5 or 6. She says " I can still feel what he did in my body standing here right now."

Last edited by hollmt : 06-08-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #2924
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Well, that and the show-runners seem to revel in treating her like a punching bag. Her story has been like the history of Russia: "and then things got worse." I don't know about being pregnant, but I suspect she'll find Rickon has been flayed.

So, when Ramsay dies, does she become the queen of the north? It seems like a unified north, especially under a Stark, might be the only chance of slowing down the White Walkers until the dragons get there.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #2925
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post
I think it is implied when Sansa is scolding Littlefinger around episode 5 or 6. She says " I can still feel what he did in my body standing here right now."

You get that kind of rhetoric sometimes from women who have been raped. The idea that they can't get clean, that they can still feel the rapist, etc. It COULD be a sideways hint at pregnancy, but it could also just be "I was used brutally and I still feel that pain."
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:52 PM   #2926
whomario
Pro Starter

She also said sth about “other than my face everything was fair game“ and with Ramsay tendencies i expect the pain is also embedded onto her skin in the Form of cuts and scars ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:14 PM   #2927
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
You get that kind of rhetoric sometimes from women who have been raped. The idea that they can't get clean, that they can still feel the rapist, etc. It COULD be a sideways hint at pregnancy, but it could also just be "I was used brutally and I still feel that pain."

Absolutely agree. When I first saw that scene, that is actually how I took it and nothing at all to do with a pregnancy. Fan theories out there though brought that up and you know...theories are fun
Old 06-08-2016, 09:32 PM   #2928
stevew
Hall Of Famer

"I made this new outfit"

Cause her clothes don't fit well anymore?
Old 06-08-2016, 09:33 PM   #2929
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
On the face of it, it seems odd that Lyanna would be open to joining with the Starks after Ned exiled her uncle. The Karstarks seemed pretty pissed about Ned executing one of theirs - and while exiling isn't as bad as an execution - you would think that would bother the Mormonts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Ned wanted Jorah dead. Jorah fled to escape execution.

Yep. Jorah fled. Lyanna Mormont wouldn't have been pissed at Ned because Jorah was engaged in slaving, one of the worst things you could do in Westeros. On the other hand, Lord Karstark killed Lannister prisioners in vengenance against the death of his own kin. The other Karstarks probably thought he was right rather than Robb.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:45 PM   #2930
TexasT
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

+1
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:40 AM   #2931
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

From the promo for this week, Zombie Gregor is at the very least partially on that.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 06-09-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:08 AM   #2932
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:

I am on this wagon. I cannot stand the fanatical religious nut and his high moral ground that he is walking. I do not care about is background. I want him gone.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:13 AM   #2933
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Unless he's secretly Howland Reed (one of the more crackpot out there theories).
Old 06-09-2016, 10:16 AM   #2934
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Unless he's secretly Howland Reed (one of the more crackpot out there theories).

Really?

That's almost as crackpottish as the whole Arya and the Waif are actually the same person and Arya is suffering from some kind of psychotic break.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #2935
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Google High Sparrow Howland Reed. There's...I guess some supporting evidence.

While I don't subscribe to this one, one does have to wonder what Reed *is* doing. I find it odd he's really been just sitting on his ass through all of this, considering he's the only living person to know The Truth (tm) about Lyanna & Rhaegar.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...infoil_theory/

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 06-09-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #2936
Ned Doolittle
Banned

That conspiracy is not valid if only because I think they mentioned Howland Reed's name once (this season by Bran if I'm not mistaken). Other than that the person isn't known enough by non book readers like myself to make for a really good "ah HA!" reveal. If high sparrow were to say "little did you all know, I was Howland reed the whole time" ppl would simply go "who?". So, yeah, feel free to dump that conspiracy.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #2937
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Who played Reed in the Tower of Joy flashback?
Old 06-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #2938
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Leo Woodruff, apparently.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #2939
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Anyone keeping up with the preview chapters GRRM reads at Cons? The new Damphair chapter about Euron seems like quite a read!
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:55 PM   #2940
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Who played Reed in the Tower of Joy flashback?

Was Reed the one that helped Ned in the ToJ fight?

Doesn't seem farfetched to learn the Sparrow was somebody of significance from the past. Especially if his goal was to tear down the Lannisters after what they did to Ned. And delaying the ToJ scene seems to fit better with that in mind.

Just as a show watcher anyway...this story seems to be entirely about pieces that ultimately fit together in otherwise inconspicuous ways.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:37 PM   #2941
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
Was Reed the one that helped Ned in the ToJ fight?

Doesn't seem farfetched to learn the Sparrow was somebody of significance from the past. Especially if his goal was to tear down the Lannisters after what they did to Ned. And delaying the ToJ scene seems to fit better with that in mind.

Just as a show watcher anyway...this story seems to be entirely about pieces that ultimately fit together in otherwise inconspicuous ways.

Yes, that was Reed.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:25 AM   #2942
SnowMan
High School Varsity

If I recall correctly, there is a fan theory out there that the High Sparrow is Howlen Reed.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:37 AM   #2943
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...2vzqqovmbk.jpg

That. Is a very Syrio looking shadow there. Just sayin'
Old 06-10-2016, 12:31 PM   #2944
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

It's a little less ominous when you see that he's facing away from her. Still, it does look like his silhouette. I wonder if the show-runners are having a little fun with the audience.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #2945
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
It's a little less ominous when you see that he's facing away from her. Still, it does look like his silhouette. I wonder if the show-runners are having a little fun with the audience.

Spoiler
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:26 PM   #2946
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Isn't another theory that Howland Reed took Meera from the tower of Joy and and Ned took Jon? AKA they are twins?
Old 06-11-2016, 11:33 PM   #2947
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Doolittle View Post
That conspiracy is not valid if only because I think they mentioned Howland Reed's name once (this season by Bran if I'm not mistaken). Other than that the person isn't known enough by non book readers like myself to make for a really good "ah HA!" reveal. If high sparrow were to say "little did you all know, I was Howland reed the whole time" ppl would simply go "who?". So, yeah, feel free to dump that conspiracy.

I don't think it would be that hard to tie the whole thing together. Might only take a few scenes here and there and it would all come together nicely if they were going that way.

Also if we only have something like 16 episodes left and a ton of stuff probably needs to happen.

Episode titles for the rest of the season

Spoiler

Last edited by stevew : 06-11-2016 at 11:33 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:01 PM   #2948
Ned Doolittle
Banned

Episode 9 title seems a little too obvious. Looks like possible misdirection on the show's part although I'd love to be proven wrong, the show needs a good battle episode. So far my favorite episode of the series has been the Wildings attack on The Wall.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #2949
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Doolittle View Post
Episode 9 title seems a little too obvious. Looks like possible misdirection on the show's part although I'd love to be proven wrong, the show needs a good battle episode. So far my favorite episode of the series has been the Wildings attack on The Wall.

Its felt like we've been heading towards the Battle for Winterfell as our giant action episode all season anyway. Ep 9 is frequently the "big one" (last year's Hardhome an exception which was in Ep 8), so that's what I would have assumed Ep 9 was going to be heavily focused on regardless.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #2950
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Spoiler

Spoiler