Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #1801
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Oh, we're not in bad shape, true. But if we spend two days lynching villagers, in particular two days lynching villagers that the village is already decided about, taht's two days of very little useful vote history, possibly four villagers dead total, and no new leads on wolves at the end of it. That's what I worry about.

I don't think we'll get bogus voting records for two days. Or one even. If we lynch Telle and she comes up villager then we would all reassess. Chubby would presumably come after me as the next in the chain, I guess Hoops would carry on after you (playing the Good Wolf again). So I don't think we should be painting a Telle lynch quite so black. I think we have good reason to believe that there are wolves in the non-DV voters. I realise that that might be a dangerous assumption but I think we'll likely find two wolves in that group & Zinto.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #1802
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #1800:

3 - Telle - Lathum (1706), Chubby (1717), Narcizo (1769)
3 - Zinto - Autumn (1718), mauboy (1768), EagleFan (1783)
2 - Autumn - Barkeep (1761), Racer (1800)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #1803
Autumn
Head Coach

Great work, Racer, thanks for putting that together. It's the sort of thing I'd love to do but haven't had the time. Frankly Heinz had fallen off my radar altogether. In my defense to what you've posted about me, I gave my reasoning for switching to Lathum. I still have the note here on my desk - I was watching Lathum and Darth to see who would make the wise self-defense vote, wondering if we maybe had two wolves up (since I believed Barkeep was likely a wolf). Darth switched to Lathum, but Lathum didn't switch to Barkeep, I thought probably signalling that they were both wolves. It was, I felt, a very reasoned approach to the vote given that Barkeep was my main suspect that day.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #1804
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

FWIW, I'm here. Don't really have much to add as I kind of feel out-paced here. I'm here to answer any questions anyone has of me though
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #1805
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Right now I'm leaning Autumn or Zinto with my vote, I just don't think Telle would admit to passing a hammer she knew was fake. I can see her logic behind letting it go random, since it was Day/Night one. I don't know if I'd do the same, but I can at least see the reasoning in it.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #1806
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
What gets me, Zinto, isn't the vote, it's the flopping of the reasoning for your voting. Earlier you were voting NTN because you thought BK was a villager. Later you were voting BK because you thought he the most likely wolf. I'm not sure what would cause such a change other than the fact that it helped Darth out.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Zinto cast the vote that made sure that no vote trickery could save Darth. You're also conveniently forgetting your own rather inaccurate reason for voting Lathum ahead of Darth Vilus. I believe your argument was that Lathum didn't vote Barkeep even when it gave him the chance to push Barkeep ahead of himself when that's exactly what he did. And for this you abandon the voting Darth policy that you had been using for two days? You know, when it actually mattered. And now you call out Zinto for flip-flopping?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:07 PM   #1807
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
You seem to be ignoring the fact that Zinto cast the vote that made sure that no vote trickery could save Darth. You're also conveniently forgetting your own rather inaccurate reason for voting Lathum ahead of Darth Vilus. I believe your argument was that Lathum didn't vote Barkeep even when it gave him the chance to push Barkeep ahead of himself when that's exactly what he did. And for this you abandon the voting Darth policy that you had been using for two days? You know, when it actually mattered. And now you call out Zinto for flip-flopping?

No, Lathum didn't. Not at deadline when it mattered. I was watching the vote. A vote for Barkeep at that time would have helped him out, but he did not make it, not at that time. So you are misunderstanding or misremembering.

And I'm not ignoring Zinto's vote on Darth, I commented on it. It's the sort of burying vote that a wolf would do. No way a wolf ties up the vote there and ties themself to the wolf on their way down.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #1808
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
#1119 20:25 Darth Vilus unvotes Lathum (5)
#1119 20:25 Darth Vilus votes Barkeep (4)
#1129 20:44 Lathum unvotes DV (4)
#1129 20:44 Lathum votes Barkeep (5)
#1136 20:50 ntn unvotes Lathum (4)
#1136 20:50 ntn votes DV (5)
#1140 20:53 Lathum unvotes Barkeep (4)
#1140 20:53 Lathum votes DV (6)

Lathum votes BK in self-defence and then switches to DV when that looks like the best line of self-defence.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #1809
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I like Zinto's voting history a whole heckuva lot more than Autumn's

Vote Autumn
Old 08-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #1810
Autumn
Head Coach

Frankly, Narc, your posts to me seem to speak as if I'm suggesting I know all the answers. I have no idea who the wolves are. My votes and theories are based on looking at the evidence, with as much time as I can manage, and making guesses. I'm not suggesting everyone has to follow me and agree with me. Am I giving the impression that I'm telling you what to think?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #1811
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Lathum votes BK in self-defence and then switches to DV when that looks like the best line of self-defence.

I am talking about later in the day. When I made my switch to Lathum.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #1812
Autumn
Head Coach

There was a point, according to my scribbled notes, that it was 6-5-5 I believe it says, Darth-lathum-barkeep. At that point I expected Lathum would switch to barkeep to make it a Darth/Barkeep showdown. I expected Darth would switch to Lathum, to tie it up. Only one of those happened. That was my reasoning for picking Lathum over Darth.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #1813
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not good enough of a villager to wriggle my way out of votes, as I've demonstrated well lately. This time (unlike last time I think!) there's some good reasons to vote me, so it's even harder to argue. I will continue to answer any questions people have, but I'm not going to try to argue my way out.

I will try, if I have time, to think more about where I think the wolves really are. I won't bother thinking out loud there, as it will just make everyone suspicious but I'll try to put together my suspicions before deadline.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #1814
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree, at the time I was really suspicious that she would do that, it seemed a very odd move to send it random. But I'm not sure why a wolf would do that or claim to have one that.

A wolf would claim to do that so you didn't know they passed it to a wolf. That part makes sense. What doesn't make sense is why a wolf would come out with the information in the first place.

It's like I was just told "this statement is a lie"... My head is spinning...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #1816
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Reading Racer's write up and a couple things jumped out at me. The 'went from one wolf to the other' part. Danny wasn't a slam dunk vote at that point but it seems rather convenient that he voted one wolf and then switched to another (one which was pretty much like a brutal as it took a villaer with him).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #1818
Telle
College Starter

I REALLY don't think that Autumn is a wolf. Whether you think I am one or not, why would he stick his neck out to save me? It just doesn't make any sense at all if he's a wolf.

I will not be voting Autumn.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #1819
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I REALLY don't think that Autumn is a wolf. Whether you think I am one or not, why would he stick his neck out to save me? It just doesn't make any sense at all if he's a wolf.

Hey Telle - can you give me the play-by-play of when this went down?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #1820
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Just got home and caught up. Too bad you guys chose the day I said I'd be gone to vote me. I don't have the time to write much in defense, my wife is waiting for me, an I like her more than you guys :-)

I would hope that my help in getting Danny lynched would speak in my favor, and I have pushed earth into things numerous times too. That should saydarth stupid iPad

I don't have a role or an item so I'm okay going to Valhalla

The case on telle looked better at quick glance so

vote telle

Quote:
Shoot

Unvote barkeeper
Vote telle

Quote:
Also, why in the world would I come out and say that I had had a hammer and passed it randomly if I was a wolf? It's not like that has the slightest chance of drawing out Thor.. I didn't still have the hammer at that point to pass to him, and it was a known item in the game.. so all Thor would have learned was that there was a hammer, which he already knew!

If I was going to go passing around a fake hammer as a wolf, I sure as heck wouldn't be telling anybody about it.

Quote:
Telle makes a pretty good point, why would she say anything?

Unvote telle

Quote:
I guess I'm going thomkal. I don't really have a case, but I can't imagine why telle would say anything about the hammer if a wolf

Vote thomkal

Quote:
Doesn't make sense to vote her if she seems villager. I don't have a special role, so better me.

At the point in which Autumn unvoted me, he was still very much in the running. And then he outright says that he'd rather he get lynched than me. I just don't see a wolf doing this.. not even for another wolf.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #1821
MrBug708
Head Coach

Vote Autumn
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #1822
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I don't think we'll get bogus voting records for two days. Or one even. If we lynch Telle and she comes up villager then we would all reassess. Chubby would presumably come after me as the next in the chain, I guess Hoops would carry on after you (playing the Good Wolf again). So I don't think we should be painting a Telle lynch quite so black. I think we have good reason to believe that there are wolves in the non-DV voters. I realise that that might be a dangerous assumption but I think we'll likely find two wolves in that group & Zinto.

The problem though is that the vote is currently going towards Autumn. You lynch him and he comes up villager.. then what? It does nothing to clear me, or tell you much about anyone else. So then the next day you'll all lynch me. And there you go.. two days, probably four villagers dead including night kills, and nothing to show for it.

Now if you did actually lynch me first, and then see me come up villager, then I think that would clear Autumn because of how he risked himself for me yesterday. No way a wolf does that for a villager.. too risky just to "gain trust".

Of course, I'd prefer to not be lynched at all. So, what other candidates can we discuss lynching?
Old 08-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #1823
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

How much time was left before deadline when Autumn made that move telle? (if you know the post# I can just go look too - and thanks for getting that info)
Old 08-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #1824
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
How much time was left before deadline when Autumn made that move telle? (if you know the post# I can just go look too - and thanks for getting that info)

It was post #1529 and 9:26pm EST. So about a half hour to go before deadline.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #1825
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
It was post #1529 and 9:26pm EST. So about a half hour to go before deadline.

That is, when he unvoted me.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #1826
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Hrm, yeah, that doesn't seem to be a wolf move, even for wolf. So, that leaves who exactly?
Old 08-15-2011, 02:32 PM   #1827
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Unvote Autumn
Vote Mauboy
Old 08-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #1828
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Looking at his votes, I think it's worth a shot. I think he's done a lot of "I'm here and ready to analyze!" Then isn't there until it doesn't matter anymore
Old 08-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #1829
Telle
College Starter

Well Zinto and I currently have votes. I'd of course prefer you not voting me I don't have much feeling one way or the other for Zinto.

Personally, I want to vote Narcizo. He keeps saying again and again that I passed him the hammer (which turned out to be a fake).. when in reality none of us, not even me, knows if the hammer he received came from me. So he's either a wolf trying to make me look worse than I already do, or he's just so absolutely convinced that I'm a wolf that he's blinding himself.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #1830
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I don't know if I buy Narc as a vote really, could be that I just have Narc-colored glasses on or something ,but I'm reading and agreeing with a lot of what he has pointed out
Old 08-15-2011, 02:39 PM   #1831
Telle
College Starter

Well I admit, my feelings on Narcizo are definitely colored by the fact that he's so intent on lynching me... as it is I have to keep reminding myself that we're rather certain on Chubby being good, since he keeps coming after me so vehemently too
Old 08-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #1832
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Heinz is a jerk! The one game I did some small time analysis was this game. LOL. I'm far and away not an analysis type of player so don't expect me to do much there. Not sure where I said I would do some analyzing and didn't follow through. I did a little last week.

I almost didn't even respond to this but since you're a cool Guy I didn't want to ignore you.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #1833
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

home from work
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #1834
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

vote count?
Old 08-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #1835
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #1834:

3 - Telle - Lathum (1706), Chubby (1717), Narcizo (1769)
2 - Zinto - Autumn (1718), mauboy (1768)
4 - Autumn - Barkeep (1761), Racer (1800), EagleFan (1815), MrBug (1821)
1 - mauboy - jeheinz (1827)
Old 08-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #1836
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Reading Racer's write up and a couple things jumped out at me. The 'went from one wolf to the other' part. Danny wasn't a slam dunk vote at that point but it seems rather convenient that he voted one wolf and then switched to another (one which was pretty much like a brutal as it took a villaer with him).

Quote:
Day Two

#403 22:30 Chubby votes Lathum (1)
[color=black]#429 22:51 Autumn votes Danny (1)

#525 10:48 Autumn unvotes Danny (2)
#553 11:08 Autumn votes Darth Vilus (1)

Taken from Narcizo's vote history write-up on page 34. He unvoted on Danny when he revealed as Thor and put his vote on DV. It was the first vote DV received day two and it looks like it was the first vote he received in the game.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #1837
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Heinz is a jerk! The one game I did some small time analysis was this game. LOL. I'm far and away not an analysis type of player so don't expect me to do much there. Not sure where I said I would do some analyzing and didn't follow through. I did a little last week.

I almost didn't even respond to this but since you're a cool Guy I didn't want to ignore you.

It's not really that you did or didn't (heck, I haven't done any). It's that you seemed to post/imply that you were going to, then didn't.

I've at least tried to keep all expectations at a minimum with regard to what I have to offer the village (aka nada)
Old 08-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #1838
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

can anyone explain why zinto still has any votes compared to the other 3?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #1839
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

WWTD? (What would Thomkal do?)
Old 08-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #1840
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Relooked at how the vote history went. Telle might be making a good point here. What are other people's thoughts on this?

When Autumn unvoted Telle, it made the vote:

6 votes Autumn
5 votes Telle
4 votes Thomkal.

Lathum voted for Telle before Autumn revoted. After Autumn voted Thomkal, the vote became

6 votes Autumn
6 votes Telle
5 votes Thomkal

Would a wolf risk doing this?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #1841
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

It's easy for a wolf to save a villager. They know that if/when that villager ultimately dies they'll be vindicated. This is a standard play out of my wolf playbook. REALLY not thinking someone is a wolf is a pretty strong endorsement. Are you just basing it off this single action or a more complete picture of Autumn this game?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #1842
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It's easier for a wolf to make a dangerous unvote because he has information about how the other wolves will vote. This coordination shouldn't be underestimated.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #1843
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Relooked at how the vote history went. Telle might be making a good point here. What are other people's thoughts on this?

When Autumn unvoted Telle, it made the vote:

6 votes Autumn
5 votes Telle
4 votes Thomkal.

Lathum voted for Telle before Autumn revoted. After Autumn voted Thomkal, the vote became

6 votes Autumn
6 votes Telle
5 votes Thomkal

Would a wolf risk doing this?

I think they are desperate, so yes
Old 08-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #1844
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
It's easy for a wolf to save a villager. They know that if/when that villager ultimately dies they'll be vindicated. This is a standard play out of my wolf playbook. REALLY not thinking someone is a wolf is a pretty strong endorsement. Are you just basing it off this single action or a more complete picture of Autumn this game?

But he was actually making himself the lead vote getter at that point. There's no way that he could know that things would swing around to Thomkal by the end and save both of us.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #1845
hoopsguy
General Manager

On for a minute, and will chime in here on the "wolf saving villager" scenario - kind of depends on the wolf. But probably not something a first/second time wolf would do ... would likely be something an experienced wolf might do when he is willing to take the heat for his teammates by bringing the focus on himself.

I don't think it is as good a percentage play in a game where we have no seer (assumption, I guess). In a game where there is a seer I think it is a good play for either a cunning wolf or a wolf who thinks they are going out soon and is willing to spread doubt about other players before they are nabbed.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #1846
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
But he was actually making himself the lead vote getter at that point. There's no way that he could know that things would swing around to Thomkal by the end and save both of us.
But if he knows he's around and he knows other wolves are coming it's suddenly far less risky. There were 35 minutes left til deadline. Plenty of time to move back a vote in self-defense if needed.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #1847
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I think they are desperate, so yes

I'm just curious, what would be the purpose? This obviously has given Telle trust, but what purpose would it serve for Autumn to risk himself like this if he was a wolf? It's a pretty high risk play. It requires Telle to die and for people to recognize that he helped prevent her from getting lynched.

I'm not really sure what to think now. Autumn's vote history looks pretty bad aside from this. Thomkal's looked bad too though.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #1848
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
On for a minute, and will chime in here on the "wolf saving villager" scenario - kind of depends on the wolf. But probably not something a first/second time wolf would do ... would likely be something an experienced wolf might do when he is willing to take the heat for his teammates by bringing the focus on himself.

I don't think it is as good a percentage play in a game where we have no seer (assumption, I guess). In a game where there is a seer I think it is a good play for either a cunning wolf or a wolf who thinks they are going out soon and is willing to spread doubt about other players before they are nabbed.
So you think Autumn's actions are pro-villager? Or just talking hypothetically? I don't think that we were close enough to deadline to say he was saving her. I think there was plenty of time for movement.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #1849
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
But if he knows he's around and he knows other wolves are coming it's suddenly far less risky. There were 35 minutes left til deadline. Plenty of time to move back a vote in self-defense if needed.

He actually said that he would rather he be lynched than me. If he were to go back on that and vote me in self-defense, he'd know he'd be gone the next day. I just see this play as WAY too risky.

The other thing that got me thinking positively about him was that on Day 3 when he voted for Lathum at the end after going back and forth between you and Darth Vilus all day, I directly asked him why. He came back very fast with a good answer. Now that wasn't anywhere near enough to clear him in my book, but it felt much more villagery that wolfy to me.. if he was trying to save DV, then he would have had to concoct a story about his vote. And it just didn't feel like there was enough time there for him to have come up with such a clear and concise answer.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #1850
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I'm just curious, what would be the purpose? This obviously has given Telle trust, but what purpose would it serve for Autumn to risk himself like this if he was a wolf? It's a pretty high risk play. It requires Telle to die and for people to recognize that he helped prevent her from getting lynched.

I'm not really sure what to think now. Autumn's vote history looks pretty bad aside from this. Thomkal's looked bad too though.

I think Autumn has spent a little too much time defending telle, I also think he'd be willing to fall on the sword for his "boss"