Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Unhappy Ugh--Just found out one of the guys I went to high school with was murdered

Public Works: Sean May: Farewell to a Public Servant

Great guy. Honors student, good athelete. Good heart. Good sense of humor. Took a lot of good-natured jokes at his expense with great humor. Had a lot of laughs with him back in junior high school and high school. I just found out on Facebook when someone mentioned a memorial for him. Sounds like he was a very successful prosecutor. I can't believe he's dead. Guy wasn't even 40 yet. Kid on the way. Tragic.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

horrible
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My wifes cousin went to law school there also and is around that age, I wonder if he knows him?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Ouch. Sounds like one hell of a man... Any idea if his murder had anything to do with his work?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

I haven't found any articles that confirmed that. But it sure seems likely.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dude, this is like a year old?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

but, yeah, sad. Still haven't found the killer.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

Year-old DA slaying still strikes fresh pain - The Denver Post

Fuck. It looks like they still haven't solved who did it.

Fuck. He was as straight-arrow as they come.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
dude, this is like a year old?

Like I said, I found out because of a memorial thing on Facebook. Actually, someone was highlighting his addition to our high school's wall of fame.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:46 AM   #10
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah obviously it seems like a work related thing. Hopefully they do the justice for his case that he, himself would have done.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

AMW | Fugitives | Unknown Sean May Killer | Brief

It looks like the case is going to be on America's Most Wanted this Saturday at 9 EST. Not sure I really want to watch it...
Old 05-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

Still no arrests, but they're released a sketch. God I hope they catch this bastard.

hxxp://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21723481/detail.html

Sketch Of Prosecutor Sean May's Killer Released

Police Also Searching For Two Witnesses Who Were In 7-Eleven
Alan Gathright, 7NEWS Content Producer
UPDATED: 1:45 pm MST November 25, 2009

DENVER -- Denver police released suspect sketches and fresh information Wednesday in the unsolved slaying of Adams County prosecutor Sean May, who was gunned down in the back yard of his north Denver home after coming home from work in August 2008.

Police hope the sketches of the mystery gunman and new details about two possible "unknowing witnesses", in conjunction with a Saturday episode of America's Most Wanted TV featuring the May case, will spur new leads in the 15-month-old killing of the respected prosecutor.

As the 37-year-old May arrived home about 6 p.m. on Aug. 27, 2008, he was ambushed from behind by a gunman who fired several shots. He was struck in the head and lower back.

Police said "May was murdered in cold blood."

The new sketches showed the suspected gunman wearing a baseball cap backwards. One drawing showed the man with a mustache and goatee, another showed him clean shaven.

Denver police Chief of Detectives David Fisher would not disclose information about the witness who help police craft the suspect sketches, saying it could jeopardize the investigation.

He said investigators had been quietly using the sketch for sometime, but "it was not appropriate (to released it publicly) until this time."

Police also showed security camera images of two men shopping at a 7-Eleven at 38th Avenue and Irving Street the day of the murder. The men might have been "unknowing witnesses" who caught a glimpse of the fleeing killer, Fisher said.

Authorities also showed a blue Jeep Liberty at the 7-Eleven that these "witnesses" may have been driving.

The hope is that the two men, if identified, might come forward and provide new information about the suspect, Fisher said.

"They may be unknowing witnesses that could provide information to us," Fisher said. "It may be that when they walked out of the store they saw something."

Denver homicide detective Aaron Lopez, who has been working on the case, will travel to Washington, D.C., to appear on America's Most Wanted.

"We're hoping that that (show) will bring significant attention to this case, including to generate tips as to who may be involved and committed this horrible crime," Fisher said.

May left behind a wife who at the time was pregnant with their first child. Corin May is raising the baby boy her husband never knew.

Fisher was joined by Jim Davis, FBI Special Agent in Charge of the Denver office, and Denver District Attorney Mitch Morrissey in the Wednesday afternoon press conference.

The FBI, which has assisted with the May case from day one, will now be a full-time partner in the probe, providing nationwide resources to the case, Davis said.

Morrissey, who has assigned two prosecutors to the probe, lauded detectives who have run down "thousands of leads."

The reward for information in the case currently stands at $125,000.

The men in this surveillance video are not suspects in the Sean May murder, but they are unknowing witnesses who may be have seen the suspect, Denver police said.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 720-913-STOP(7867).

The suspect has been described as a white or Hispanic male, in his late teens to early 20s.

He's approximately 5 feet 11 inches tall, and is believed to have dark medium-length hair and a dark colored mustache and goatee. He was seen wearing a black baseball style cap -- worn backwards -- with a white, short-sleeve T-shirt, khaki-colored knee-length cargo style shorts and unknown color tennis shoes.

Check out America's Most Wanted case profile of the case on AMW.com.