Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2005, 11:07 PM   #101
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
I caved and had a caffeine free diet coke today...I know it's soda, but at least it was caffeine free and diet! Tomorrow will be better...I need to start bringing a bottle of water over to my parents house, they have a bar fridge they keep stocked with cans of soda and knowing they are there makes me want one SO bad!!!!
Sounds like you've got a good plan there! Keep it up ollie!
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 02:51 PM   #102
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
If all you had was that one sip I wouldn't call it a failure, I'd reem into the place that gave you the wrong thing

Yeah, you're probably right. I would have liked to reem the place, or at least get what I ordered, but I didn't feel like going back again, and by the time I go there again before my next class (Tuesday), it'll be a lot later.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:34 PM   #103
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Monday check-in?

How are people doing?

So far so good for me. Couple of close calls, but the force was with me.

Just a slight headache left and energy levels coming back to normal. 5 days down, 361 more to go.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:10 PM   #104
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok.. I tried it

Figuring if you guys can do it, I can do it at least for a while. No soda. None at all.

Never mind the 12 pack at home, or the remnants of one in my cabinet.

30 Hours.

Goddamn it, are the people on my phone this fucking stupid all the time or is just me... I mean, it should not be physically possible to be that stupid and live. I TOLD YOU WHAT I WANTED YOU TO DO 30 SECONDS, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN GET THAT RIGHT?

What the fuck do you mean, you want to speak with my manager, he'll tell you what you want is just as impossible as I just did. Being a tech support guy does not mean I have all the super seekrit codes for you to do things with the Clariions that are not normally available to you.

Hmm.. I might be a might bit testy today.

well.. that and the fact it it's apparently Chinese New Year in my head right now, with dancing dragons, singing, and fireworks. Lots of them. Going off all the time.

I hate you all for "setting a good example". Go choke on my fuck.

(nah, don't. Just.. wow.. this HURTS)
Old 10-10-2005, 03:18 PM   #105
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nearly had a diet soda yesterday, since I was without anything but water. Went with water, and then drank OJ when it arrived.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:20 PM   #106
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
Monday check-in?

How are people doing?

So far so good for me. Couple of close calls, but the force was with me.

Just a slight headache left and energy levels coming back to normal. 5 days down, 361 more to go.

I gotta start over. Oops. Had a soda with McDonalds today. This past week, without factoring in caffeine addiction, has been one of the most stressful I've ever had and I did pretty damn good, but I had to take my kid by McDonald's today and without thinking ordered a coke. I didn't even think about this until I'd drank most of it.

Ah well, that's still only 1 soda in about 5 days, and its back on the water train now.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #107
Passacaglia
Coordinator

No pop for me so far.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #108
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
I had to take my kid by McDonald's today and without thinking ordered a coke. I didn't even think about this until I'd drank most of it.

Same thing happened to me a couple of times when I tried to quit before. Partly, I attribute this to the force of habit, which will hold less control over us as the soda habit gets weaker. Partly, I attribute this to the power of suggestion at a place like McDonald's, where the glaring and easy choice is the soda. Soda is a no-brainer there.

I think the important thing is to realize how well you've done to go with only one soda in five days. It's too easy with this type of resolution to find fault with ourselves when we slip up, rather than realize how well we've done by cutting so far back on soda. Having said that, come on back, Radii. You can do it.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:06 PM   #109
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah...try #2 Radii! No harm, no foul! Your celebration will just have to be 5 days after ours!
Old 10-10-2005, 04:06 PM   #110
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Ok.. I tried it

Figuring if you guys can do it, I can do it at least for a while. No soda. None at all.

Never mind the 12 pack at home, or the remnants of one in my cabinet.

30 Hours.

Goddamn it, are the people on my phone this fucking stupid all the time or is just me... I mean, it should not be physically possible to be that stupid and live. I TOLD YOU WHAT I WANTED YOU TO DO 30 SECONDS, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN GET THAT RIGHT?

What the fuck do you mean, you want to speak with my manager, he'll tell you what you want is just as impossible as I just did. Being a tech support guy does not mean I have all the super seekrit codes for you to do things with the Clariions that are not normally available to you.

Hmm.. I might be a might bit testy today.

well.. that and the fact it it's apparently Chinese New Year in my head right now, with dancing dragons, singing, and fireworks. Lots of them. Going off all the time.

I hate you all for "setting a good example". Go choke on my fuck.

(nah, don't. Just.. wow.. this HURTS)
Heh heh. Been there, done that. This week I'm only a half-ass with half a headache. Hoping to lose it for good soon though. The headache, that is. If it's any help, I thought the headaches the second day were the worst.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 10-10-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:56 PM   #111
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Hmm... strange, I only had the head-ache for one day.

No soda for about the 7th day now. Haven't really had any issues -- even went to the store today to get a quart of milk w/ my dinner @ work. It's still there, so I can have it tomorrow, too. Looking forward to having some OJ soon, tonight, to get ready to do homework.

I think the no-soda thing has helped me as much with improving my (terrible) snacking habits as it has with actually not drinking soda. It seems like a lot of the soda I drank was just for the sake of having something to go with a snack -- now that I don't have as much soda, I'm not really interested in having those snacks, either.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:04 AM   #112
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

A little better this morning, although I'm pretty sure that it was the reason why I just wiped out and went to sleep at 8 PM, and slept in 2-3 hour chunks, up till 4 AM when I finally had enough of it.

Still a bit of a headache, hopefully it doesn't get worse as the day progresses.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #113
KevinNU7
College Starter

Shaws had 2 liter bottles of soda for 78 cents yesterday
Old 10-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #114
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't even know what Shaws is. However, I bet it was stupid stuff like 7 Up, not the good stuff, like Coke.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:35 AM   #115
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Haaaatte you..

Oh yeah, the headache is down some, which just means the firecrackers are smaller then M-80's today..
Old 10-11-2005, 11:19 AM   #116
Kodos
Resident Alien

This is the week where I'm down to one bottle, which I've already had. Time to go fill up the water bottle.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:19 AM   #117
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Oh how the mighty have fallen

And for the record, I've never been mighty.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:50 AM   #118
JeeberD
General Manager

Had a coffee to start the trip to Austin and an Arizona lemon tea on the way back. Nothing but water the rest of the weekend...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:31 PM   #119
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Oh yeah, the headache is down some, which just means the firecrackers are smaller then M-80's today..

The duration of caffeine withdrawal headaches is interesting. This is day seven for me, and mine are essentially gone now. There is a very slight ache if I think about it, but most of the time I don't notice it.

The first time I tried to quit I went from a coffee and three or four sodas a day to zero; my head hurt for two weeks. The second time I cut back slowly over a week then quit; my head only hurt for four or five days. This time, I'd been averaging two or three Cokes a day; my headache lasted about six days.

The correlation seems to make sense, but what I wonder is whether my headaches are psychosomatic or if there is a geniune physical response to caffeine withdrawal that causes headaches of such duration.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #120
Kodos
Resident Alien

I drank a Sprite at lunch. Crystal clean and no caffeine.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:14 PM   #121
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's soda.. bah!

(I'm being completely good, till I get past this headache/low energy thing, no caffine if I can avoid it.)
Old 10-12-2005, 11:43 AM   #122
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I don't even know what Shaws is. However, I bet it was stupid stuff like 7 Up, not the good stuff, like Coke.
That's amazing. Shaws is pretty big in New England, right up there with Stop & Shop. Do they have those in IL?

Anyways the sale is on all Coke products and ends Saturday. What me to ship you some?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:50 PM   #123
Kodos
Resident Alien

Made it through yesterday with just one coke, but have been headachey for most of yesterday and today (I'm prone to headaches, which is part of the reason I'm trying to quit caffeine). Have had my Coke for the day already. Now for the long afternoon...
Old 10-12-2005, 12:52 PM   #124
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
That's amazing. Shaws is pretty big in New England, right up there with Stop & Shop. Do they have those in IL?

Anyways the sale is on all Coke products and ends Saturday. What me to ship you some?

I live in eastern NY and go to Boston a half dozen times a year or so, and have never heard of them.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:57 PM   #125
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I live in eastern NY and go to Boston a half dozen times a year or so, and have never heard of them.
http://www.shaws.com/php_apps/maps/map_request.php
Old 10-12-2005, 01:00 PM   #126
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Shaw's took over what used to be Star Market in our area, there's one in Franklin
Old 10-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #127
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My roommate bought a 12 pack of Vanilla Coke to try and get me to drink a soda. He didn't realize Vanilla Coke is the Worst Tasting Soda Ever.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #128
Kodos
Resident Alien

Made it through sticking to just the one Coke yesterday, but have a hankering for a 2nd Coke today. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
Old 10-13-2005, 02:10 PM   #129
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Just wanted to chime in that I'm still on the bandwagon. It's not even bothering me that much at this point -- if I were offered a regular soda I would take it, but if it were diet I would say hell no (previously I would take anything and everything I could get my hands on).
Old 10-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #130
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Me too. Still hanging in there. These past two days have been tough, as I didn't get enough sleep the past two nights. Would love some Cherry Coke to carry me through the afternoon and evening. Should be ok if I can get some sleep tonight.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:13 PM   #131
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Still going, the headache is 10% of what it was, but I'm sleeping 11 hours a day it seems
Old 10-13-2005, 07:43 PM   #132
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Still on. I got a strawberry banana smoothie on my way to work -- good stuff! I'm not sure about what will happen this weekend, since I'll be at a bar with friends for a bachelor party, and I don't drink -- pop might be my only other option!
Old 10-14-2005, 12:18 AM   #133
JeeberD
General Manager

They serve water at bars, Pass. Heck, they even have juices since the use them for mixers. Don't give in!

Old 10-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #134
Kodos
Resident Alien

I caved last night and had a can of Cherry Coke when I was supposed to be done for the day.

Have been doing okay today. Have drank one can and have a little bit of my 1 bottle a day allotment left.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #135
JeeberD
General Manager

If I wanted to make this a challenge I should have given up beer as well. I love my beer!

Old 10-14-2005, 09:16 PM   #136
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Perhaps the greatest challenge for me will be tomorrow. I have what looks to be a pretty tough day in class dealing with boolean algebra and junk. I have a hard enough time with algebra, much less boolean. I'm going to be craving something to drink, I just know it. I need to stock up on Gatorade before I go.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:45 PM   #137
primelord
Pro Rookie

I am still going strong
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:34 PM   #138
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

...still on the bandwagon...
Old 10-16-2005, 09:42 PM   #139
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Perhaps the greatest challenge for me will be tomorrow. I have what looks to be a pretty tough day in class dealing with boolean algebra and junk. I have a hard enough time with algebra, much less boolean. I'm going to be craving something to drink, I just know it. I need to stock up on Gatorade before I go.
How'd your day go ardent?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:33 PM   #140
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast

What's the big deal? There's only two choices!

Anyway, I have returned from this weekend in NYC, still intact. No pop, no coffee. The caffeine probably would have been nice considering how little sleep I got, and how much walking around I did. Toward the end, though, I was getting a sore throat, and didn't want to drink much besides OJ and tea, anyway.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #141
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Still going. 12 days down. 353 to go.

The hardest part so far for me has been restaurants. I tend to think of them as places where I can relax and forget life for a bit, and I often have sodas there. Part of my restaurant ritual. Switching to water there somehow makes the experience incomplete. I suppose I'll get used to it, but it is the one place where I am unhappy that I am doing this.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:36 PM   #142
lurker
High School JV

I caved. I got a coke at the wedding Passa and I went to. It was stupid; I just did it because I wanted an excuse to get up and go to the bar when there was an awkward silence with people I don't know well.

So I'm out! Oh, well, it's not like I'm addicted since I average one every 6 weeks or so, so it wouldn't change my life.

Last edited by lurker : 10-18-2005 at 05:33 PM.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #143
JeeberD
General Manager

Stupid vow.

A server rang in one too many Cherry Cream Sodas today at work and I was about to suck the puppy down when I remembered my vow. God, how I love our cream sodas. So damn good. Mostly syrup and cream, hardly any soda in it at all, but I knew it would count...

Old 10-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #144
Icy
Pro Starter

Related to this, i had to stop RedBull 2 years ago and have tried it since then, only thinking about it while i write now i have the desire of drinking a really cold one. It's the only thing that got me really addicted (i don't smoke). For some ppl including my wife it tastes really bad, like a medicine, but i love the taste and the cafeine rush it gave me. Before getting married i worked a lot at nights as most of my bussines is done with USA webmasters that have from 7 to 9 hours difference with Spain, but also i had to wake up soon in the morning to work with the European webmasters so i was sleeping like 4 hours per day and being like a zombie during the day... then Redbull called me everyday, drink me, drink me...

Shit, luckily it's 1 AM here and i can't buy one, else i would break my word right now.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:57 PM   #145
Craptacular
College Starter

Please, everyone, NEVER EVER drink RedBull and snack on BBQ Corn Nuts at the same time. My buddy did that on a road trip once, and the smells that came out either end were absolutely the nastiest, foulest scents ever to be emitted from a human being.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:03 PM   #146
Kodos
Resident Alien

I made it through the day with just one can of Coke. Though I was sorely tempted to get a bottle of Cherry Coke because I was tired and it was a crappy day.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:44 PM   #147
Buzzbee
College Starter

Congrats to all those still on the wagon. Way to go Jeebs in not drinking that cream soda.

Lurker, just because you had one soda doesn't mean you have to give up. Continue it on from here.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:17 AM   #148
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Was in a rush to have dinner tonight on my way to work. Only option was drive-thru at MacDonalds. Normally I'd get a value meal, but that doesn't make sense without the soda, so I had a $1 chicken sandwich and a $1 salad. Had a bottle of water from home in the car with me.

$2 for a reasonably healthy dinner at MacDonalds! Woot!

Nice thing was that I'd didn't get the bloated, exhausted feeling that I normally get from MacDonalds two hours after I eat their food.

Radii: Any chance we can get an update in the first post? Some people have had setbacks and have started again.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:48 AM   #149
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
Radii: Any chance we can get an update in the first post? Some people have had setbacks and have started again.

including me! I'll try to go through the thread sometime today and update.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:00 PM   #150
Kodos
Resident Alien

I was having a bad day yesterday and had an extra full bottle of Cherry Coke over my 1 can allotment. Back on the wagon today after I successfully chose the Sprite option at McDonald's (I'm only worried about eliminating caffeine at this stage, and then will focus on all soft drinks after that).