Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2020, 10:45 PM   #651
bhlloy
Coordinator

Going to be hilarious when the entire ND team and student section gets COVID.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:49 PM   #652
Butter
Coordinator

Clemson was also missing about half of their starting defense as well. Congrats to ND. My money's on a rematch in the ACC Champ game in December
Old 11-07-2020, 10:54 PM   #653
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Didn't get to watch the game until 4Q but apparently Hogs were down 0-13 at the half and scored 24 pts in 3Q to make it at 24-13 (final score).

4Q offense really sucked but defense was great. We are at 3-3 now.

Next up is FL who just demolished GA. Won't be able to compete as our offense still isn't consistent enough but will be interesting to see how our defense holds up.

I dozed off at halftime, so maybe you'll get something out of this summary I found too

[quote] UT quarterback Jarrett Guarantano suffered a head injury on the Vols’ first drive of the second half and was taken out of the game. Brian Maurer and Harrison Bailey both played after that, but neither was able to generate any points.

In the first half, the Vols took a 3-0 lead on their opening drive. They then got the ball back and went up 10-0 on a 16-play 70-yard drive. Arkansas then drove deep into the red zone but missed a chip shot field goal, and Tennessee football had another field goal drive to take that 13-0 lead.

However, the Hogs got the ball on the opening drive in the second half and mounted a 17-play 75-yard touchdown drive. They then forced two three-and-outs and had three-play and two-play scoring drives to go up 21-13. After getting another stop, they got into field goal range off a pass interference to make it 24-13. [quote]

About the only thing missing from that recap was the utter dominance by UT
in the opening 16-17 minutes. At one point the TOP edge was 14:2 Vols.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:23 AM   #654
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I dozed off at halftime, so maybe you'll get something out of this summary I found too

UT quarterback Jarrett Guarantano suffered a head injury on the Vols’ first drive of the second half and was taken out of the game. Brian Maurer and Harrison Bailey both played after that, but neither was able to generate any points.

In the first half, the Vols took a 3-0 lead on their opening drive. They then got the ball back and went up 10-0 on a 16-play 70-yard drive. Arkansas then drove deep into the red zone but missed a chip shot field goal, and Tennessee football had another field goal drive to take that 13-0 lead.

However, the Hogs got the ball on the opening drive in the second half and mounted a 17-play 75-yard touchdown drive. They then forced two three-and-outs and had three-play and two-play scoring drives to go up 21-13. After getting another stop, they got into field goal range off a pass interference to make it 24-13.

About the only thing missing from that recap was the utter dominance by UT
in the opening 16-17 minutes. At one point the TOP edge was 14:2 Vols.

Thanks.

I know our defense did great 1H of the GA game and kinda collapsed in 2H ... arguable because of new 2H QB Stetson (who maybe we did not prepare for but seems teams have now figured out) and/or our defense being winded by being on the field so much.

I predict a similar next week with FL. I know Felipe is a major reason why we are exceeding expectations but he's just not consistent. But then he did transfer from FL so he may have some extra incentive and know some of their defensive schemes.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-08-2020 at 05:23 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:06 AM   #655
spleen1015
Coordinator

Norte Dame fans being idiots. I know there’s been some down years, but...

YOU’RE NOTRE FREAKING DAME!!! You don’t rush the field after being anyone.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:16 AM   #656
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Thomkal, I really hope that game on December 5th can be a battle of 2 unbeatens. Still a few obstacles between now and then, though.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:34 AM   #657
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So I missed a clear explanation of what happened with the holding call at 2 minutes of the Clemson/ND game. They originally accepted the penalty which didn't make sense but the officiating guy in the booth said that UNDER 2 minutes, the clock would remain stopped even if they declined the penalty, but not at 2 minutes or above. Then ND changed their mind, declined the penalty to make it 3rd down, but the clock remained stopped. Who was wrong - the official in the booth, or the officials on the field?

Clemson followed that up with Etienne going out of bounds, so if the officials made a mistake, that was 50 seconds gifted to ND. At best, Etienne really blew it by not going down in bounds but the refs may have really piled on to ND's advantage on that last drive.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-08-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #658
Edward64
Head Coach

Didn't see it but read about it. Congrats to ND on the win, I don't mind ND being a real contender, it's been long enough. In fact, if it was AL, OSU, CU and ND, I would root for ND just to shake up the old regime.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-08-2020 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:16 PM   #659
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Thomkal, I really hope that game on December 5th can be a battle of 2 unbeatens. Still a few obstacles between now and then, though.

SI

Me too SI, me too. In this wacky college season, I think it deserves to happen.

Coastal and Liberty actually had a very heated rivalry back in Big South days, generally high scoring, back and forth games, some boneheaded plays, 3 OTs etc. Would love to see that play out on a national stage with two undefeated and ranked teams.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:18 PM   #660
Thomkal
Head Coach

And speaking of Coastal, with Clemson's loss I think Coastal is the only undefeated team in South Carolina, so should they be #1 in the state?
Old 11-08-2020, 01:38 PM   #661
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hopefully Clemson can still get into the playoff

I did a fun little parlay for the year

Clemson to win NC
Dodgers to win WS- came in
Lakers to win NBA- cam in
Naomi Osaka to win the Aussie Open
Golden Knights to win NHL

$10 pays $17,000

Last edited by Lathum : 11-08-2020 at 01:38 PM.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 02:02 PM   #662
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Hopefully Clemson can still get into the playoff

If they win out, they will be in. Assuming they get Lawrence and their injured defensive players back before the ACC Championship, they will probably be big favorites over Notre Dame on a neutral field.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 02:34 PM   #663
JPhillips
General Manager

If before the ACC Championship game the polls are,

Ala
OSU
ND
Clem
Cincy
BYU

I'm not sure Clemson wouldn't be in even with a second loss to ND.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:42 AM   #664
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

If anyone wants to make some serious cash, Virginia Tech - off a loss at home to Fallwell University - just opened as 2.5 point FAVORITES over #9 Miami.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:29 PM   #665
Thomkal
Head Coach

Coastal stays at #15 and drops to #17 behind Iowa State this week. Boooooo!
Old 11-09-2020, 02:13 PM   #666
Edward64
Head Coach

Hogs receive 23 votes in the coaches poll (but not AP). Behind Appalachian State and in front of Missouri.

If we miraculously beat FL next week we'll be 4-3 and we'll break into the Top-25 (com'on, Liberty and Army wtf?). But we won't, nice to dream though.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-09-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #667
miami_fan
Coordinator

Alabama-LSU college football game in jeopardy after Tigers' COVID-19 tests

I thought LSU already had COVID run through the team?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:14 PM   #668
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Hey miami - can you make sense of the VT (-2) vs. UM line?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:44 PM   #669
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Hey miami - can you make sense of the VT (-2) vs. UM line?

I have not followed them too closely this year so I shot my friend a quick text to get his thoughts. Without going too in depth I would say that the simple answer is Manny Diaz has not proven that a team he coaches should be a favorite in a road conference game. According to my source lol, the team is winning by talent alone.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:46 PM   #670
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I think Manny has been fine, but his DC Blake Baker has to go.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #671
Ksyrup

SEC may be running out of teams for this weekend. Already one game canceled and a couple more on the brink - Alabama/LSU and Mizzou/UGA.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-10-2020, 02:41 PM   #672
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

And, yet, somehow, Kansas hasn't managed to get any of our games cancelled. I guess we'd have to be able to catch something first...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #673
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
And, yet, somehow, Kansas hasn't managed to get any of our games cancelled. I guess we'd have to be able to catch something first...

SI

Oldest joke in the book, but still a good one
Old 11-10-2020, 03:03 PM   #674
Ksyrup

Alabama/LSU officially canceled
Old 11-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #675
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And, yet, somehow, Kansas hasn't managed to get any of our games cancelled. I guess we'd have to be able to catch something first... SI

The correlation between HS football cancellations in Georgia and the afflicted team being 28 point (or more) underdogs has been rather striking.

The latest cancellation involves a team that's 0-9 and has been outscored 434-17 so far this season, due to "covid concerns" they'll be unable to play against the already-clinched region champion. Just seems like really bad teams have had the worst luck with that.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-10-2020 at 05:09 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #676
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Only way the under will hit in an LSU game this year.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:24 PM   #677
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Alabama/LSU officially canceled

I'm guessing LSU fans are giving a sigh of relief.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:05 PM   #678
Edward64
Head Coach

Uh oh. Hogs HC Pittman tested positive and won't be coaching on Sat vs FL.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #679
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

UGA vs. Mizzou postponed
Old 11-11-2020, 10:20 AM   #680
Ksyrup

Down to 3 SEC games left, and all of them have Covid issues that might cause a problem.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:54 PM   #681
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Anyone else get the sense this thing is on the brink?
Old 11-11-2020, 01:59 PM   #682
spleen1015
Coordinator

It was only a matter of time.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #683
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

It's weird that its been getting progressively worse for football as it's gotten worse everywhere in the country. Who could have seen that coming?
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:02 PM   #684
cuervo72
Head Coach

OSU/MD now off as well.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:29 PM   #685
tarcone
Coordinator

Damn, This is Floyd of Rosedale (Best trophy in all sports) week. Friday night at 6.

Hope this one gets played.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:06 PM   #686
Atocep
Coordinator

Journey Brown retires from football due to a heart issue discovered during a COVID screening.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:54 PM   #687
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Hopefully they’ll call of Wisconsin/Michigan!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:52 AM   #688
Ksyrup

I'm selfishly glad this season has turned into a pile o' junk given how bad FSU is. This is basically a series of scrimmages to hopefully find some actual players for next year and beyond. We already sucked, now guys are quitting left and right. Between Terry leaving and the rest of the WRs unable to make a simple catch, I might early enroll in January and give it a shot.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:05 AM   #689
Ksyrup

UK OL coach died from cancer. Battling it for over 2 years, didn't attend Mizzou game a few weeks ago and people assumed the worst. RIP.
Old 11-12-2020, 08:30 AM   #690
Kodos
Resident Alien

The season must continue! IU is in the Top 10, for God's sake. Play on!
Old 11-12-2020, 08:36 AM   #691
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm selfishly glad this season has turned into a pile o' junk given how bad FSU is.

Yeah. I basically get to consider LSU the defending national champs until they have a "real" CFB season again.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:31 PM   #692
bob
College Starter

GT - Pitt now postponed due to Covid issues with Pitt
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:44 AM   #693
Ksyrup

What a nice weekend of CFB watching this could have been. Hoping that FSU/NCST gets canceled due to Pitt's positive tests and FSU having played them last week. Unfortunately, I don't think the FSU D got close enough to warrant contact tracing...

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-13-2020 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:58 AM   #694
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Man, do I hate Iowa.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:31 PM   #695
Thomkal
Head Coach

Coastal/Troy joins the postponed due to COVID list Sounds like its on the Troy side.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:11 PM   #696
Ksyrup

Old 11-13-2020, 02:24 PM   #697
Ksyrup

Also looking at Cal and Washington playing on Sunday since Oregon State/Washington may get canceled.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:08 PM   #698
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I love watching my huskies but I wish the Pac 12 hadn’t come back. What a shit show.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:21 PM   #699
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Life is all about the little things and the enjoyment they can bring. Like when PJ Fleck calls a timeout down 35-donut, so his team can finally punch one in. And then Racist Kirk calls two more timeouts in pure retribution. And then Fleck, who is the fastest guy on the Gophers roster this season, decides to onside kick with like 20 seconds left. I love it! Love iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 11-13-2020 at 09:22 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 04:06 AM   #700
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

The good news is it's Cal vs UCLA, so preparing for other teams might improve the quality on display?