Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #1401
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think the Blakekin played a really good game except for three things. nfg and Jackal really drew each other closely in the thread. The attack on ntndeacon i felt was poorly chosen. And today, no question they should have pushed to have had nfg lynched, Brutal PB, and win with the night kill. Other than that, a really good game from them, an a rather inept game from the village

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #1402
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I think the Blakekin played a really good game except for three things. nfg and Jackal really drew each other closely in the thread. The attack on ntndeacon i felt was poorly chosen. And today, no question they should have pushed to have had nfg lynched, Brutal PB, and win with the night kill. Other than that, a really good game from them, an a rather inept game from the village

I agree with this, overall they did a nice job.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #1403
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

I don't get what put you in the thought that PB was a wolf hoops...not at all. Though with Schmidty voting for you, there were literally no chance of pulling this off...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #1404
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Classic case of a good game by the wolves against a poor game by the village. The village managed to lynch BOTH seers in the first three days.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #1405
Danny
Head Coach

I thought the killing of Jets was an odd choice as well. And with Schmidty out for the day, two votes for Hoops would have nullified the coin flip.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #1406
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah that was awfully kind of you, thanks.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #1407
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm very pleased that all villagers showed up for the deadline and made their votes count.

Ugh - I will now light myself on fire.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #1408
The Jackal
Coordinator

A lot of the kills were both searching for the BG role and making sure we got kills in. After the block on NTN we wanted to make sure we didn't miss again because we were pretty sure the numbers would work out well for us if that was the case.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #1409
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
I don't get what put you in the thought that PB was a wolf hoops...not at all. Though with Schmidty voting for you, there were literally no chance of pulling this off...

In the end, it did not matter because Schmidty voted for me.

I have no idea how the wolves could allow PB to live every single day - it boggled my mind.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #1410
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think it was obvious that, after the block on ntn, then they killed ntn, that PB would be guarded. That means they should have killed PB that night.

On the other hand, it totally worked.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #1411
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I have no idea how the wolves could allow PB to live every single day - it boggled my mind.

Look at all the days PB guarded himself.. that could have been a lot of terrible luck for us.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #1412
Danny
Head Coach

The problem with the Jets kill is it really backed the wolves into a corner with a lack of obvious targets. I would have rather risked the kill on PB and had it blocked and still had that lynch option out there.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #1413
hoopsguy
General Manager

After an ending like this, where people can't be bothered to show up for the deadline, I wonder why I put in the amount of effort I did trying to win this game.

Very, very frustrating.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #1414
Autumn
Head Coach

I think as a wolf I would take their tack -- the bodyguard is no danger to them if they make sure to kill off uncommon targets. Therefore the bodyguard is not only useless, but starts to look suspicious, as Hoops proved today. They wouldn't have needed to bother killing him tonight either, if the game lasted, as Hoops would have just gone harder at him the longer he lived.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #1415
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wolves - so who would you have killed tonight to head into tomorrow if we had gotten MartinD?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #1416
hoopsguy
General Manager

But there was no reason for them to know that PB was the bodyguard - so I'm not sure how that argument holds up, Autumn.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #1417
Danny
Head Coach

But if Schmidty is here the wolves still lose most likely, they really needed the Jets lynch option out there as he was a very good lynch candidate.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #1418
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
But there was no reason for them to know that PB was the bodyguard - so I'm not sure how that argument holds up, Autumn.

But what good is a trusted, cleared villager with no seer to add to the circle, and no powers (he claimed)? The longer he sits there unattacked the more suspicious he looks. And if people believe him, so what? He can't do anything, really.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #1419
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
But what good is a trusted, cleared villager with no seer to add to the circle, and no powers (he claimed)? The longer he sits there unattacked the more suspicious he looks. And if people believe him, so what? He can't do anything, really.

It's about leaving as many solid lynch choices out there as possible. Sure, Hoops pushed for PB today, but he didn't really garner support. I would much rather have 4 completely uncleared players than 3 uncleared players and 1 who is cleared, but suspicious because they are still alive. And I think it was an almost certainly that Jets would have gotten lynched.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #1420
hoopsguy
General Manager

Autumn, it is going to be very tough to get that villager lynched. And when you are down to five players, or three players, that becomes pretty important.

Maybe not as much at 9 or 11 players, but at some point you figure that the wolves would want to eliminate the one person who is never going to get votes because it dramatically increases the pressure on them.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #1421
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lerriuqs, why did you trust me so much without any role information to guide you? I mean, not to look a gift horse in the mouth but I didn't understand the high confidence level in your posts.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #1422
hoopsguy
General Manager

Schmidty - welcome to Day 1 vote for awhile.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #1423
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
It's about leaving as many solid lynch choices out there as possible. Sure, Hoops pushed for PB today, but he didn't really garner support. I would much rather have 4 completely uncleared players than 3 uncleared players and 1 who is cleared, but suspicious because they are still alive. And I think it was an almost certainly that Jets would have gotten lynched.

I didn't follow along closely enough to know Jets status, but I would agree if someone is a good lynch candidate, no sense of touching them.

I think it's possible maybe the "old guard" mode is to take out the cleared, but I've seen less of that in games lately, so maybe some of the newer players are taking a new tactic, and it works since it goes against the expected grain.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #1424
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Autumn, it is going to be very tough to get that villager lynched. And when you are down to five players, or three players, that becomes pretty important.

Maybe not as much at 9 or 11 players, but at some point you figure that the wolves would want to eliminate the one person who is never going to get votes because it dramatically increases the pressure on them.

Why were you pushing him so hard then? If I was in game I would have probably voted you as it seemed very strange to be gunning for the least likely suspect at that point. To my mind starting to throw conversion possibilities out at the end speaks of wolfiness to me.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #1425
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
After an ending like this, where people can't be bothered to show up for the deadline, I wonder why I put in the amount of effort I did trying to win this game.

Very, very frustrating.

I'm sorry I couldn't be here, although I probably wouldn't have moved the tie.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #1426
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
To my mind starting to throw conversion possibilities out at the end speaks of wolfiness to me.

I was thinking the same thing, it was an odd flip to me by Hoops at the end but the vagueness of the lead Blakekin did leave open the possibility of conversion, but I wouldn't have focused on it.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #1427
The Jackal
Coordinator

BTW I found it amusing that the four wolves were the bully, the guy that could get everything, the star cornerback, and the valedictorian. Hell of a mix, practically.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #1428
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Why were you pushing him so hard then? If I was in game I would have probably voted you as it seemed very strange to be gunning for the least likely suspect at that point. To my mind starting to throw conversion possibilities out at the end speaks of wolfiness to me.

I kind of agree with this and I expected the wolves to push this today after Schmidty put his vote and left, I was real surprised they left it to the chance of a tie, but I understand it's difficult since they are not able to be on for deadline.

Despite my nitpicks and strategy discussion, the wolves did a good job, especially for being relatively new wolves.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #1429
Danny
Head Coach

Abe, was there going to be anyway I was able to find out I was a wolf?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:30 PM   #1430
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Lerriuqs, why did you trust me so much without any role information to guide you? I mean, not to look a gift horse in the mouth but I didn't understand the high confidence level in your posts.

Honestly, it mostly gut based on the vote where you were close to being lynched. It just seemed too obvious that you were a villager - no movement at all that would suggest a wolf/villager vote - that and the day that I expressed those opinions that we lynched Jackal - the way that vote went down over the weekend didn't feel right at all...It just seemed like the wolves were looking for an easy lynch target that day.

I've found two things from my last two games - 1. I don't have the time to do the analysis that may be required and it doesn't tend to tell me much anyways. 2. I've found that my gut is getting pretty good at this game - for the most part anyways. Looking back at this game, I was most suspicious of Jackal, nfg, Martin D and clap. There was just something in the way they posted that was off. Of course, there's always the doubt there that made me question it and vote after others, but something felt off. Today was even worse - nfg's posts just felt like he was laughing his ass off after he posted (and this was before Abe told me he was a wolf). I need to trust my gut more and stop second-guessing myself.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #1431
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Abe, was there going to be anyway I was able to find out I was a wolf?

Yeah, if the three of us died and you were still alive you'd find out and take over.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #1432
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I didn't follow along closely enough to know Jets status, but I would agree if someone is a good lynch candidate, no sense of touching them.

I think it's possible maybe the "old guard" mode is to take out the cleared, but I've seen less of that in games lately, so maybe some of the newer players are taking a new tactic, and it works since it goes against the expected grain.

Very much truth here

Old 07-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #1433
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Yeah, if the three of us died and you were still alive you'd find out and take over.

And, unknown to you, he would have gained the Lone Wolf role and its powers too.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #1434
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Lone Wolf had just one power. Once, you could Duke a vote, and you would be revealed as the Lone Wolf.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #1435
Danny
Head Coach

What would the powers have been?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #1436
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lerriuqs, I can definitely see what you mean about NFG's posts today - he definitely seemed more "wolfish" to me today with his strong stances on people as good/evil.

If I had found anything that was a discrepancy in PB's story today I was going to vote him. But I was also interested to see how people would move their votes around today. So I was willing to attack different angles to see if I could pick up stronger impressions. Unfortunately, no one was moving their votes at all and no one was around at the end.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #1437
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:

I didn't get not taking out PB myself. Though I think it was a mistake to translate him sticking around to possibly being a wolf. On the potentially last day of the game, you can't be second-guessing yourself at this point. And Schmidty's vote was just so totally useless at this point in the game it's not even funny. I knew the game was over at that point though I figured nfg and Martin would switch to hoops prior to the deadline...
Old 07-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #1438
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There were times I questioned the game balance. I thought I had made it too hard onthe wolves:

Only 3 wolves can take actions and be involved in conversation.

The villager has one seer, plus a backup

The wolves have a brutal and a slut, called a prostitute generally.

The village has a BG plus the mischief maker which can kill wolves with their own night action. Bounce from target to wolf and dead wolf. With 4 wolves in teh game, this is very possible. MM and BG can act in tandem to guard the same two players every night for the game.

BG target player A. MM go from B to A. Two guards. Either B or A targeted by wolves is blocked.

BG then targets player B. MM goes from A to B.

If they work in tandem, they can really screw up the wolves.

Diseased basically means one BG block because the wolves miss a night.

And you had the Drug Abuser and Rabble Rouser and Martyr too.

So there were a lot of powerful roles for the village. The wolves hadt he slut, the brutal, and the unknown, which could be really great for them or really bad for them.

I was seriously wondering if I had misblanced the game.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-29-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #1439
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

JAG why didn;t you Martyr EagleFan when he RR as the seer?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #1440
The Jackal
Coordinator

Martin got a real lucky slut on EF early on, and we also were fortunate enough to have EF come out and reveal right before that lynch, AND still get lynched. I think the plan was for me to reveal as the seer the next day if the seer still hadn't come out just so we could stem the damage before it got too large (because at that point, we didn't know that we'd blocked one viewing, were just hoping that the seer had picked Pass).
Old 07-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #1441
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I agree with what Abe said...we (village) sucked. I learned a good bit though so hopefully I'll put out a better effort in the future. I had nfg pegged as a wolf, but I also thought clap and Jets were, so eh. I was surprised Jets was killed also, I don't know that that was the best move, but then again the result worked for them.

Also, it would've been risky to pile on with Schmidty's vote on hoops because there was no way to know if he would come back or not and Martin wouldn't have been around for the deadline.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #1442
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

One of hte reasons I did this game was to try out some roles that I want to put in other games. This was just a basic WW game with a few extra roles added, no weird mechanics or anything.

I really like:

Mischief Maker
Drug Abuser
Jr. Sleuth
Unknown
Slut

But I didn;t get a chance to see them all in action.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #1443
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Also, it would've been risky to pile on with Schmidty's vote on hoops because there was no way to know if he would come back or not and Martin wouldn't have been around for the deadline.

But far less risky that what happened. By putting the two votes on Schmidty, if he comes back on, he has to switch his vote to MartinD in self defense. And if he doesn't come back on, it's a coin flip.

If they put the votes on hoops, its a win if Schmidty doesn't come back and Schmidty is less likely to switch his vote to MartinD than he would have been with himself as the other lynch option.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #1444
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Yeah Schmidty was positive it was hoops - I don't think he's changing his mind if hoops is ahead if he comes back.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #1445
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I thought the killing of Jets was an odd choice as well. And with Schmidty out for the day, two votes for Hoops would have nullified the coin flip.

I could not for the life of me figure out why I was killed. I was easily the weakest player based on experience, and I was not even close to trusted. We had PB and Hoops who were pretty much 100% cleared, so a vote on them would have made more sense.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #1446
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I would like to apologize to henry. I have no clue why you were NK Night One, I just do the orders. I felt bad, though.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #1447
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
JAG why didn;t you Martyr EagleFan when he RR as the seer?

I thought about it which is why I didn't post after he claimed that but:

1. He acted (I thought) suspiciously earlier in the day and I didn't think hoops / Lathum that he was looking at for suspects were likely wolves. Keeping myself alive as a villager vs. saving an unknown.

2. He did two reveals which though he had good reason for it was also a bit suspicious to me.

3. The reveal was so late that I didn't have time to work out if it was worth the risk to kill a known villager for a potential seer or the downside of temporarily saving a wolf who people think is a seer (especially because the wolves knew the Martyr was in the game so they might have tried such a tactic).
Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #1448
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I would like to apologize to henry. I have no clue why you were NK Night One, I just do the orders. I felt bad, though.

It was really a random choice. And he'd just had a great game as a villager, but I don't think that really played into the decision.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #1449
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Fair enough

Old 07-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #1450
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
But far less risky that what happened. By putting the two votes on Schmidty, if he comes back on, he has to switch his vote to MartinD in self defense. And if he doesn't come back on, it's a coin flip.

If they put the votes on hoops, its a win if Schmidty doesn't come back and Schmidty is less likely to switch his vote to MartinD than he would have been with himself as the other lynch option.

True.