Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-21-2021, 09:27 PM   #1
RainMaker
General Manager

Madden 22......anyone?

Not sure if we are really the target market for the game anymore but has anyone bought it? I am at that annual stage of getting amped for football and thinking it over. Just waiting for people to tell me it is the same game as it was 15 years ago and to not bother.

Any feedback?

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 09:30 AM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I am just not interested anymore. I would try it every year hoping "maybe this time?" but I know now that it is never going to be the game I wish it was. They aren't interested in my kind of play.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 03:56 PM   #3
RainMaker
General Manager

I saw people complaining that there is a glitch where it can't tell the winner of the game based on the score. Something I figured would have been hashed out in a football game 40 years ago.
Old 08-22-2021, 04:55 PM   #4
korme
Go Reds

The last probably 5 Madden purchases in 10 years have resulted in me selling or uninstalling the game within one week. Fun for arcade, but that's not my style.

So I will just wait for the new DDS reviews and hope it's something that looks appealing.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 05:48 PM   #5
bhlloy
Coordinator

I bought the PC version two years ago and the flexibility of being able to mod was interesting for a while, but ultimately it's still a pretty shitty representation of real football far enough under the hood that I don't think it's fixable. Too much stuff ended up being "well, we can make mediocre QB's not complete 75% of their throws, but that means we can't turn back on the mod we made that fixes superhuman linebackers with eyes in the back of their heads and a 20 yard breakup radius"

Had some fun with it for a while, was an interesting distraction but ultimately just not worth the amount of effort you needed to put in to try to get a realistic game of football and then you'd have multiple gamebreaking moments that pulled you right out anyway. Not buying again for a while, definitely not this year given all the reviews.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:28 PM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'm not all that interested in, nor expert on, the game mechanics. My son is into it a bit, and I have been playing with him.

I am very interested in the Ultimate Team universe, with its auction house economy... don't have a great feel yet whether they ruined what I like about that with various changes made between the 21 and 22 games.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #7
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've actually really enjoyed Madden since 19 came out.

I've played 100's of CFM games with M21 next gen and as soon as I finish up my current Texans CFM, I'll make the switch to M22 NG.

There are bugs that I've read about and the scouting patch isn't due out until sometime in September so like always, it will be quite some time before I can dive into a real CFM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:27 PM   #8
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:59 PM   #9
AlexB
Pro Starter

Holy roller, Batman!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #10
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Ok, it doesn't play well. But does it have beer tents?
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:12 PM   #11
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

This is what happens when you sneak a Brit onto the programming team
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:35 AM   #12
korme
Go Reds

Madden isn't a realistic franchise simulation because it's been having Tom Brady retire after 1 season for the past 10 years.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:17 AM   #13
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I was going to purchase it and then I read that there are two separate versions of the game for next gen and current gen and decided to make the PC version the last gen version for some reason. The PC version is missing a bunch of new animations they added this year as well as the entire momentum feature that was the big gameplay addition this season. It’s literally just a roster update.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:44 AM   #14
jbpostbot
n00b

how is ai
Old 08-25-2021, 01:26 PM   #15
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Being a PC-only gamer I have enjoyed Madden a lot as the version previous to 19 was '08. That's a lot of years without a sim-cade football game. I am not very good at Madden, but that works in my favor. I bought 20 at the end of the season for $20 (no game is worth $60 imo) and have a lot of hours in it. Using the StartToday mod along with other mods has made the game better for me. I use the Frosty Editor to change some of the settings to make it more like how I envision the NFL is. I didn't feel compelled to buy 21 and I feel the same way about 22. If reviewers give it good marks for the upgraded franchise mode I might buy it at the end of the season. Right now still having fun with 20.
Old 08-26-2021, 04:30 PM   #16
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

The refs may want to review this play.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:10 PM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

Classic EA quality control!
Old 08-27-2021, 09:34 AM   #18
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Madden isn't a realistic franchise simulation because it's been having Tom Brady retire after 1 season for the past 10 years.

They really should sneak the old EWD Terry Funk code into the game where he specifically was hard coded to never retire.
Old 09-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #19
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Cody Parkey likes these rules
Old 09-19-2021, 06:54 AM   #20
QuikSand
lolzcat

I get that graphics glitches, etc are the fun stuff... but in the event anyone's interested, I'm writing up my travails with Ultimate Team, and working the financial side of that game without spending a dime of real money beyond buying the base game.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ad.php?t=97896

Last edited by QuikSand : 09-19-2021 at 06:54 AM.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:46 AM   #21
RainMaker
General Manager

I ended up buying it because it's been a while and I have a football itch, especially now that the Bears have a fun QB to play with. Thoughts so far.

- Gameplay is mildly better than it was 10 years ago but mostly the same. Some new animations and pre-snap stuff is the main difference I see.

- Presentation is 15 years behind modern sports video games. Truly embarrassing stuff.

- Too many franchise mode glitches to make it playable.

- The new scouting system they touted won't be available till October at the earliest.

- Lot of random glitches/bugs when playing games.

If you're on the fence, I'd give it a hard pass. Compared to NBA 2K, The Show, even their other games like FIFA, this feels like it was made 10 years ago. Like I know their games are bad usually, but I figured there would have been far more advances since the last time I played a Madden heavily. Seems most of the budget goes toward television ads which must be working if they are still churning this out every year.
Old 09-21-2021, 02:38 AM   #22
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Have to say, that there are some bugs from last year's version that STILL haven't been addressed, (such as saying "Noone comes into New England and wins", when A) New England won, and B) Was the away team for this game).

Same SHit, Different Day.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:00 PM   #23
RainMaker
General Manager

The game is a success. Revenue for Ultimate Team jumps every year. It's mostly just a card game at this point.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:14 PM   #24
orisho
n00b

Hell yeah dude, I heard they even added more bugs and glitches. Can't wait to spend thousands of dollars on virtual cards!

_______
Nowadays, it's important to be involved in gambling especially with https://www.nongamstopsites.co.uk/poker-sites/. This will help you to relieve yourself of a lot of stress that has followed you all day after work. You can enjoy great adventures in games and make money while playing.

Last edited by orisho : 01-17-2022 at 12:15 PM.
orisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 03:41 PM   #25
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I know it's a little late to the party but one of my buddies and I are going to be starting an online PC league shortly. Default AA (we can change as we have to) with 15 minute quarters and 10 sec accelerated clock as the major changes. I will change some other settings like penalties and such but nothing too life changing.

Gonna create a simple discord if people want to join. We are going to move the game ahead twice a week around 9 PM (which is the time we are free after our kids go to bed, if you are joining and want to play H2H this would be a key time to be available is 9P EST although obviously games against the computer can be played anytime). It's going to be pretty casual I think so please no 20 year old joystick warriors. I'm mid 30s with neuropathy in my left had at this point so you would just murder me LOL. Missing sims won't be a problem either, if your game isn't played by the time the sim is due we will just sim it and move on. We get it. If anyone here is interested just send me a PM and I'll keep you posted when I create the league this week.

Last edited by dubb93 : 11-06-2021 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-21-2021, 06:31 AM   #26
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Another bump as we are looking to add one more before we start our next season. You would be the Cowboys who had a winning record the previous season. You would fill up the NFC East. We have most of the kinks worked out at this point.