Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Week 5 has started (Deadline is 9/5/08 at 10 PM)

Week 5 has started now. Everyone has a game except for BC. Due to the holiday, we'll stay at a 7 day limit for this last week. Starting next week, we'll go to a 5 day time limit as that was the most popular option and represents a good compromise position. With 5 days, at least a small part of the weekend will be available every game week. For future holidays, we'll go to 7 days for that week.

Also, if Gustav hits here, it is possible I'll be without internet or power for a few days, so that could delay things from my end. If I disappear on Tuesday from the board, that is what happened.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Any time you feel lucky punk. Well, that is other than tomorrow from 3 CST to Sunday about noon CST. We're going on a little camping trip. Let me know Foz.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:38 AM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Any time you feel lucky punk. Well, that is other than tomorrow from 3 CST to Sunday about noon CST. We're going on a little camping trip. Let me know Foz.

You sure you play Foz this week in the NOFL? I didn't think there were any human games except me vs Sun Tzu (which will be CPU since he won't be back until the 7th.)
Old 08-30-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh, I thought I played A&M this week. I'll check this morning.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
Raiders Army
Coordinator

You were right EF; I played Troy.

Game is done, and I'm getting a little bad on D now. I only won 48-7 on the new sliders. They scored a 98 yard TD when I had them backed up and was trying to go for the safety on 3rd and 12. Why would they pass?
Old 08-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to the league Karlifornia! He has elected to take over Virginia since they are now available in the ACC with Duke becoming CPU owned. I'll be making those changes during halftime of the Virginia-USC game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-30-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

May the warm corpse of Duke settle into the soil, never to stir from this moment forward, returning to it's destined state of cellar-dwelling maggot food, disrupting the nether reaches of the ACC with it's foul stench of failure and misery.

AND LET US WELCOME THE VIRGINIA CAVALIERS......LET THE NOFL CELEBRATE US IN A COMMUNAL MASTURBATION OF HOO NATION!
Old 08-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

We got our recruiting done for the week. Two byes in 3 weeks really sucks.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:15 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Props to EA for making it VERY easy to change a user/team, 1 quick step. Karlifornia, you should have your invite now.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:53 PM   #10
BigDPW
College Prospect

FYI - I have had 2 disconnects tonight while trying to get my game in against USF due to a lightning storm in the area. I was playing the game since our directv was out due to the weather hoping that I would not have any kind of outage but had the lights flicker on me twice. Both times I was in the 1st qtr once tied at 0 and once down 7.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #11
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Just a comment on the freakin rain: I've played 3 out of 4 games in the rain so far. What the hell?
Old 08-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Can anybody let me know how the Stanford Cardinal fared in week 4 against the local cupcake San Jose State? The score would be great, and if you're a really nice guy you'll give me a couple stats

Thanks
Old 08-30-2008, 11:14 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll give you some stats in a few minutes, just watching the news at the moment.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Can anybody let me know how the Stanford Cardinal fared in week 4 against the local cupcake San Jose State? The score would be great, and if you're a really nice guy you'll give me a couple stats

Thanks

Not good news, my friend. It was a shootout in which San Jose won 52-42 to advance to 2-1. There was over 1000 yards of offense with 540 total yards for San Jose and 464 for Stanford. They had 395 yards passing and 5 TD's.

Your QB was the player off the game. He completed 30 of 42 passes for 317 yards with 4 TD's 1 INT.

Kimble had 18 carries for 128 yards and a TD for you.

Sherman had 9 catches for 91 yards.

However, your defense only had 1 sack and 0 picks.

San Jose's Starting QB went 19 of 23 for 349 yards and 5 TD's. Their backup was 3 of 8 for 46 yards.

Their HB had 15 carries for 118 yards and a TD.

Their star WR had 7 catches for 140 yards and 2 TD's including a long of 70.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #15
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

hmmm...good thing I rescheduled all of my prospects to visit a different week when I found out I wasn't going to be around.

thanks EF
Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #16
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I wish we could continue...
Old 09-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #17
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah. Not that I'm upset that things are taking so long, especially since I'll be home in 2 days and this gives me a better chance of getting my game in against EF...but what's the deal?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sorry guys, I was without power for the last 4 days due to Hurricane Gustav. Believe me, I wish I could have advanced sooner as being without power for 4 days really sucked. With the threat of our power going out at anytime (there is that risk as they keep adding people to the grid over the following weeks), I'll be advancing as soon as possible today (assuming my game is the only one left.) I should be able to play in the next few hours, just have to finish a few hurricane related tasks around the home first.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-05-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Turns out we still have 3 users who have to play by 10:00 PM tonight. Barring a power outage, we will still advance at the deadline. Cartman, Karlifornia, and SirFozzie are the 3 we are waiting on now.

Sun Tzu, the game was close (probably in part because I had my friend and his 7 year old son watching the whole time and I was explaining the game to the 7 year old.) We won 24-15.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Sorry guys, I was without power for the last 4 days due to Hurricane Gustav. Believe me, I wish I could have advanced sooner as being without power for 4 days really sucked. With the threat of our power going out at anytime (there is that risk as they keep adding people to the grid over the following weeks), I'll be advancing as soon as possible today (assuming my game is the only one left.) I should be able to play in the next few hours, just have to finish a few hurricane related tasks around the home first.

Certainly no need to apologize. You let us know what was going on before. The reason why I posted that was because it seems as if this is really dragging along. The comment wasn't directed towards you; just an "in general" sigh.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:09 PM   #21
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Dola -

Turns out we still have 3 users who have to play by 10:00 PM tonight. Barring a power outage, we will still advance at the deadline. Cartman, Karlifornia, and SirFozzie are the 3 we are waiting on now.

Sun Tzu, the game was close (probably in part because I had my friend and his 7 year old son watching the whole time and I was explaining the game to the 7 year old.) We won 24-15.

Not going to be me, for reasons I explained in my thread :/ (Hopefully I'll be back on line tommorrow night tho)
Old 09-05-2008, 06:44 PM   #22
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I just got back into town myself after being out since last Friday. I'm about to wrap things up here at the office, so I'll get my game in tonight once I get home.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #23
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

bah