Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #2801
DanGarion
Coordinator

I see Sasha has become the TV version of the comic version of Andrea...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:16 PM   #2802
SteveMax58
College Starter

Carol is just badass. She just does what needs to be done. Hands down my favorite character, along with Michonne & Daryl.

I did find it funny that Adam? (the gay dude) told Daryl that "Rick isnt good at spotting good people from bad". Yeah pretty much the story of Rick.

Looking forward to the group kicking some ass at some point soon. Emphasis on soon as I dont want to sit thru 5 episodes of smalltown life.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:27 PM   #2803
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
This adds more credence to the "Rick's group saves the day" theory. Deanna wasn't even posting lookouts. We still don't know what the deal is with the girl leaving and coming back. The zombies with the Ws of course. And no one is talking about the odd zombies cut in half from the visit to Noel's old hometown, which isn't that far away it seems.

I'm still hoping to see Morgan, too, at some point, although I am not sure how that works, since they're in Virginia now. Would he have followed all that way? Right now, it feels like all those hints on him in the first half of the season was just the showrunners screwing with us.

I was wondering if the Zombies with the W is really an M. Isn't the lady Governor's last name Monroe?

Also, not feeling the same vibe many of you get with the Carol vs Kid scene. I thought it was lacking any real feeling of scary. Carol just lacks the tough creepy factor. Plus in real life, the kid would just go tell his Mom. Kid' are just like that.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #2804
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I was wondering if the Zombies with the W is really an M. Isn't the lady Governor's last name Monroe?

Also, not feeling the same vibe many of you get with the Carol vs Kid scene. I thought it was lacking any real feeling of scary. Carol just lacks the tough creepy factor. Plus in real life, the kid would just go tell his Mom. Kid' are just like that.

Well, he might go tell & we might end up having some sort of squabble over it. But I thought it was still kind of cool to see Carol once again rise to the level of whats needed to handle a situation.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #2805
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What the hell did the guy say to Glen right before he got eaten?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:27 PM   #2806
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
What the hell did the guy say to Glen right before he got eaten?

"Don't let go."

TD discussion afterwards got into a lot about whether that was literal & in the moment or if it was more symbolic, meaning don't let go of hope/yourself/the future.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:49 PM   #2807
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
"Don't let go."

TD discussion afterwards got into a lot about whether that was literal & in the moment or if it was more symbolic, meaning don't let go of hope/yourself/the future.

I think he meant the guy who got impaled earlier in the episode. I couldn't figure it out either.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 03-15-2015 at 11:39 PM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:10 PM   #2808
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I think he meant the guy that got impaled earlier in the episode. I couldn't figure it out either.

Oh. F'n duh me.

Turns out I misunderstood that whole spiel myself, once I found a recap that had the quotes. So I'd have been wrong even if I had been right.

details from people.com of all places
Spoiler
Old 03-16-2015, 12:25 AM   #2809
Radii
Head Coach

I liked this episode a lot, I like where this is heading for the finale!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:09 AM   #2810
WilleB
H.S. Freshman Team

The last three have been really good. Darryl out alone with ole dude. Four graves. Hopefully Carol can get Rick in normal Rick mode instead of creepy Rick. Carl about to get some action too. Good thing the spin off is on the horizon. Hoping the W's on the walkers are M's. Morgan is going to be needed. Maybe has a stash of weapons to fight whoever took out Noah's family.

The group is coming back to normal. Maggie will go off on Preacher. What's that about? He'll get left behind.

Last edited by WilleB : 03-16-2015 at 01:10 AM.
WilleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:32 AM   #2811
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleB View Post
The last three have been really good. Darryl out alone with ole dude. Four graves. Hopefully Carol can get Rick in normal Rick mode instead of creepy Rick. Carl about to get some action too. Good thing the spin off is on the horizon. Hoping the W's on the walkers are M's. Morgan is going to be needed. Maybe has a stash of weapons to fight whoever took out Noah's family.

The group is coming back to normal. Maggie will go off on Preacher. What's that about? He'll get left behind.

I'm not a comic book reader, so maybe this goes differently there. And going through what Morgan goes through can certainly change a man. But the character they have built for Morgan in the show doesn't strike me as the mysterious dead zombie forehead carving type.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:52 AM   #2812
WilleB
H.S. Freshman Team

Neither am I, but he seemed to be following the carvings Gareth's group or whoever left them in the trees. He wasn't in the best mind state when Rick last saw him either. He has the map, which was leading to D.C.

Last edited by WilleB : 03-16-2015 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:33 AM   #2813
WilleB
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm also thinking Boss lady has Alzheimer's or something. The husband his coaching her. Take a look. She doesn't know what to think when the Rev show's up. Also, may explain why the need for the video interviews. Caught it when the foreman resigns.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:39 AM   #2814
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

it was a pretty interesting episode, although the very last scene ("I think he's beating his wife, so the only option we have is to kill him") was pretty dumb. There are, of course, all sorts of ways they could handle that situation without resorting to murder.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 AM   #2815
Radii
Head Coach

I found that scene ok because of Carol's past with an abusive husband, and her willingness to adapt and to be much more harsh given the way the world is now after the apocalypse. Basically, to me Carol is the most developed character on the show (maybe the only truly well-written character, though I'd allow arguments for Rick and Daryl), and I felt her statement fit her character well enough for it not to feel like a poorly written plot device to force confrontation at the end of the season.

Last edited by Radii : 03-17-2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:00 AM   #2816
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder if either Carol, or the kid now knowing where the guns are, will kill the dad and leave Rick with a moral dilema.

Last edited by Lathum : 03-17-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:10 AM   #2817
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I wonder if either Carol, or the kid now knowing where the guns are, will kill the dad and leave Rick with a moral dilema.

I feel fairly strongly that all of Rick's interactions with the wife that we've been shown will trump everything else and he's going to do it, and that will be a big part of the breakdown between Rick's people and the rest of the community that seems to be coming.

Carol doing it could work, depending on how its done, but I worry about it feeling too much like straight up revenge for her own husband and having it come across poorly/hokey. The kid doing it with a gun that Carol stole would be GLORIOUS and I am now actively rooting for that outcome

But overall I feel like they're foreshadowing Rick doing it *really* strongly and this hasn't exactly been a show that's thrown us many curveballs when it does things like that I don't think.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:25 AM   #2818
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I shared this with a friend last night at work, so I figure I might as well throw it out here, too. As I note above, I am not a comic book reader, so I have no pre-supposed ideas feeding this.

My theory on how the next two episodes will go is that Gabriel's "admission" and Aiden's death, and eventually, a confrontation between Rick and Pete (not a fatal one) and the discovery of Carol stealing guns will lead to a real schism between Rick's group and the rest of Alexandria. Rick and company will be on the verge of initiating the takeover Rick suggested a couple episodes back.

Just when they are about to go at it (a fight I would not expect to go well for the Alexandrians), I think a third group, the group doing the "W" zombie carving and the ones who attacked Noah's hometown, will assault Alexandria. Somehow, the young girl will have a connection to them, although I doubt it will be willing. I think that group will be more people than Alexandria and Rick's group combined.

Rick's group will be the primary ones fighting this group from the walls of Alexandria, forcing the two groups to work together. And people will die, of course. Probably at least 2-3 of Rick's group, including a major character. And I presume Pete will die somehow in this fight.

And the last episode will end with either the conclusion of the battle or a cliffhanger set up within that battle.

That all is just a guess.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #2819
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I shared this with a friend last night at work, so I figure I might as well throw it out here, too. As I note above, I am not a comic book reader, so I have no pre-supposed ideas feeding this.

I'd say you're doing alright.

Not perfect, but alright.

Maybe. Sorta.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:02 AM   #2820
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
it was a pretty interesting episode, although the very last scene ("I think he's beating his wife, so the only option we have is to kill him") was pretty dumb. There are, of course, all sorts of ways they could handle that situation without resorting to murder.

Yeah, killing him is clearly the only sane outcome when he's your only doctor. Or, he could just move across town or something.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:42 AM   #2821
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

If anyone other than Carol had said it, I would agree. But given her history with domestic abuse and her character arc throughout the show, it makes perfect sense.

Still, killing the doctor because he's beating his wife does seem to be quite excessive. I mean, he's a doctor. There are very few of them left. Move her and the kids out of the house, don't let him near them, etc. Heck, doctor >>>>>> hairdresser/owl sculptress. So, kick her out!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:24 PM   #2822
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How many people live in this town? 20, 50, 1000? Would be nice if they could spring for enough extras or provide these details.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #2823
Kodos
Resident Alien

When does the second Walking Dead series debut?
Old 03-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #2824
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
When does the second Walking Dead series debut?

from moviepilot.com a few days ago

Quote:
There is no official release date for Fear The Walking Dead, however it is expected sometime in summer 2015
Old 03-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #2825
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

No commentary on last night's show? Obviously sets up the finale, but an interesting one, nonetheless.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:50 AM   #2826
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
No commentary on last night's show? Obviously sets up the finale, but an interesting one, nonetheless.

I thought it was pretty intense.

I am down with your theory as to how this shakes out.

The Carl/Enid thing didn't do much for me.

I really enjoyed the Sasha/Michonne/Rosita scenes. Some interesting dynamics at play there.

Glenn was fantastic and Nicholas is a turd.

Rick is crazy intense and really not all that suitable for domestic living at the moment. Michonne was right to knock him out. He was a bit off the handle.

Very much looking forward to the finale.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-23-2015, 10:38 AM   #2827
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, they showed the "W" stuff pretty prominently in this one, and then there was also the Daryl and Aaron scene in the woods. Something is definitely about to go down with that. No way they have been teasing that as a storyline for next season.

I agree, Michonne was correct to knock Rick out. I still tend to agree with his thinking about what it takes to live in this world, but he is just awful at delivering the message. No subtlety or nuance.

I actually liked the Enid and Carl scenes, but I didn't get the sense from my "theory" that she is involved with the mystery group I presume is out there. Apparently, she is just a free spirit with a damaged past, like Carl.

I suspect Rick will be thrown out of Alexandria (or at least voted out/announced exile by Deanna), and some of his old group will consider leaving with him, probably Sasha, maybe Daryl, and Carl, although Rick will try to talk Carl into staying and keeping Judith and living with Carol (would be my guess).

And then he will either actually be exiled and leave but then somehow play a role in the coming attack (Rick comes back to save the day, etc.) or he will be just about to be shoved out the door when the attack comes.

Regardless, it should be an exciting ending.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:06 AM   #2828
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm confused. I assumed they were killing people and carving the W in their head's. Not carving up zombies. Right?

Also it's 90 minutes next week.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:09 AM   #2829
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am going to be in Jamaica starting Sunday, is there a way to watch episodes online? I doubt the resort will have AMC
Old 03-24-2015, 06:52 AM   #2830
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I've watched them on Amazon for $1.99 an episode.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:58 AM   #2831
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I am going to be in Jamaica starting Sunday, is there a way to watch episodes online? I doubt the resort will have AMC

You would be surprised. I went to Jamaica like 10 years ago and couldn't even find the NCAA tournament on tv but last summer they basically had a cable package exactly like we have at home. Not saying you would want to have to carve out that particular time to watch but they might have AMC.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #2832
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'm confused. I assumed they were killing people and carving the W in their head's. Not carving up zombies. Right?

Also it's 90 minutes next week.

You're probably right, but fact is we don't really know.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:01 PM   #2833
rafini
High School JV

Quote:

You can stream live on the AMC website if you have a cable/sat account to login with.
rafini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:08 PM   #2834
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You're probably right, but fact is we don't really know.

agreed that it would be dumb to capture a walker, carved a W in its forehead and then set it free? Right? Even Herschel ain't that dumb.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #2835
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
agreed that it would be dumb to capture a walker, carved a W in its forehead and then set it free? Right? Even Herschel ain't that dumb.

My theory is that this is a scare tactic from this other theoretical group. Or a warning.

Obviously if they're normal, they're just killing zombies they run into. But clearly these aren't normal people doing this.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #2836
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The girl who was tied to the tree had a W carved in her forehead? If so, she had just turned so it would seem to me that they are just doing it to humans.

Also, I thought Rick would have been a better fighter by now. Shane would have dropped that dude with one punch.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:10 PM   #2837
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
The girl who was tied to the tree had a W carved in her forehead? If so, she had just turned so it would seem to me that they are just doing it to humans.

Good point.

Did anyone watch Talking Dead? The sneak peek for next week was awesome. Much better than they usually give out there.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #2838
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My theory is that this is a scare tactic from this other theoretical group. Or a warning.

Obviously if they're normal, they're just killing zombies they run into. But clearly these aren't normal people doing this.

My guess - and it's strictly a guess since I don't know if the carving is/isn't source canon - is that it's a way of illustrating their reach/power/impact to other human groups.

A sort of "you know all those W walkers? Yeah, those are us, and every single one is a person that we killed"
Old 03-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #2839
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Also, I thought Rick would have been a better fighter by now. Shane would have dropped that dude with one punch.
Its funny, I mentioned to my wife...how is it that Rick has trouble with average guys yet put an absolute beat down on Tyrese, a man I would expect to completely pulverize Rick?
Old 03-25-2015, 07:27 PM   #2840
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

Pete's like 6'4" and has a history of violence
Old 03-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #2841
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Pete's like 6'4" and has a history of violence
Pete is also "just a doctor" who beats up on his wife & has stayed reasonably secure & domesticated in the apocalypse. It isn't clear, nor suggested, that he has had to engage in any physical altercations.

Rick is a former deputy, with at minimum basic hand to hand training & likely experience, who has killed lots of men by now & turned completely feral for a period of time.

I would have expected Rick to have assessed how best to take Pete down & destroy him by now. IDK...maybe its just me but I give the edge on somebody that is a fighter any day over somebody who is "just kinda tall".
Old 03-26-2015, 10:01 AM   #2842
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
Pete is also "just a doctor" who beats up on his wife & has stayed reasonably secure & domesticated in the apocalypse. It isn't clear, nor suggested, that he has had to engage in any physical altercations.

Rick is a former deputy, with at minimum basic hand to hand training & likely experience, who has killed lots of men by now & turned completely feral for a period of time.

I would have expected Rick to have assessed how best to take Pete down & destroy him by now. IDK...maybe its just me but I give the edge on somebody that is a fighter any day over somebody who is "just kinda tall".

Maybe Pete took karate lessons or had krav maga training or did MMA fighting on the side?

Also, let's face it fellas, guys named "Pete" tend be, like, 100x's more bad ass in general than pretty much anyone else. That's not me talking. That's science. So, I find it totally believable that, even if he didn't have any kind of former hand-to-hand training and was just a regular ole surgeon maned "Pete", that he'd be more than a handful for Crazy Rick "Throat Biter" Grimes.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 03-26-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:05 AM   #2843
lungs
Pro Rookie

I always thought people named Pete were big old dopes.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:10 AM   #2844
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I always thought people named Pete were big old dopes.

Well, you would be wrong. It's dairy farmers who are big old dopes. Dairy. Farmers.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:01 AM   #2845
booradley
High School Varsity

My cat's named Pete. He's a total badass.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #2846
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
My cat's named Pete. He's a total badass.

does he have groovy buttons?
Old 03-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #2847
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Well, you would be wrong. It's dairy farmers who are big old dopes. Dairy. Farmers.

I'm not denying that
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:22 PM   #2848
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Maybe Pete took karate lessons or had krav maga training or did MMA fighting on the side?
Nope...Capoeira cannot be counted towards his street fighter rating.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #2849
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
does he have groovy buttons?

I must admit this flew over my head. But the bar's not high there, yuk yuk ...
Old 03-30-2015, 02:59 AM   #2850
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All righty then.