Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #3301
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Really interested in this new little gadget. Interested to see the price point.

Coleco Chameleon

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-21-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 09:20 AM   #3302
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Yet another example of why backwards compatibility isn't always a good thing. The best backwards compatibility is keeping your old console and hooking it up to your TV.

Halo: Reach Doesn’t Run Very Well On Xbox One
Old 12-29-2015, 10:46 AM   #3303
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Remember back when MBBF said backwards compatibility is a great thing to have. Oops, I guess that is only when Sony does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
More info from Japanese sites showing how the PS2 emulation firmware will work on all PS3 consoles. Great news for existing owners of 40/80/160 GB machines along with future customers to finally have some legitimate BC.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #3304
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yet another example of why backwards compatibility isn't always a good thing. The best backwards compatibility is keeping your old console and hooking it up to your TV.

Halo: Reach Doesn’t Run Very Well On Xbox One

Which is an absolute hassle. I don't have enough HDMI ports for the current gen consoles I have now plus my cable box.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #3305
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Which is an absolute hassle. I don't have enough HDMI ports for the current gen consoles I have now plus my cable box.

What would obviously be really nice is if they bothered to build the console with backward compatibility rather than try to shoehorn it in. The PS option doesn't take into account the wide variety of internet speeds for streaming. The X1 version has had mixed results regarding frame rate and which games they include as BC. It would be nice if they tried to get it right from the start, but I won't be holding my breath.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:25 AM   #3306
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
What would obviously be really nice is if they bothered to build the console with backward compatibility rather than try to shoehorn it in. The PS option doesn't take into account the wide variety of internet speeds for streaming. The X1 version has had mixed results regarding frame rate and which games they include as BC. It would be nice if they tried to get it right from the start, but I won't be holding my breath.

I replayed the first Mass Effect on the Xbox One, aside from some framerate issues during heavy battle, it ran pretty well. Perfect Dark Zero and Fallout 3 are also pretty solid.

Personally, I don't think either Sony or Microsoft have done a very good job of giving us plenty of 'must play' games this generation. I don't remember ever being worried about backwards compatibility this deep into the last console cycle.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #3307
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I replayed the first Mass Effect on the Xbox One, aside from some framerate issues during heavy battle, it ran pretty well. Perfect Dark Zero and Fallout 3 are also pretty solid.

Personally, I don't think either Sony or Microsoft have done a very good job of giving us plenty of 'must play' games this generation. I don't remember ever being worried about backwards compatibility this deep into the last console cycle.

I think they've clearly seen the hole. Their choice on how to fix it has been remasters rather that BC thus far.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:22 PM   #3308
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Sony announces new console sales numbers post-holiday.

PS4 sales near 36M units

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 01-07-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:19 PM   #3309
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I do have to laugh at the 'unprecedented' part. EA will sleep with anyone if it helps their bottom line.

Rumour: EA And Nintendo Looking To Rekindle "Unprecedented Partnership" On NX - Nintendo Life

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 02-24-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #3310
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

That's why I haven't jumped in yet. Personally I think the Wii U has had the best exclusives so far (not counting PC which just dominates).
Old 02-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #3311
Kodos
Resident Alien

Out of the 5 consoles I have hooked up, the PS4 gets the least use. (360/PS3/PS4/Wii/Wii U)
Old 02-24-2016, 01:27 PM   #3312
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ever since they upgraded Xbox One to the new interface, TV passthrough has been unbearably slow for me. 5 second freezes whenever starting or concluding a fast forward, sound not working sometimes. Worked flawlessly prior to upgrade. So I've had to pull TV off it and since then the Xbox has been collecting dust.

Most used is my Windows/Steam system followed by PS4. My fiance seems to have started buying her games on the PS4(most recently Fallout 4 and Rocket League), she had been a die hard XBox fan.

Last edited by jeff061 : 02-24-2016 at 01:30 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #3313
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Out of the 5 consoles I have hooked up, the PS4 gets the least use. (360/PS3/PS4/Wii/Wii U)

yeah big disappoint for me. I have had a PS4 for these next gen great games for it. Basically it is a bluray player for me. I have played a little Dragon Age, and Fallout 4. My son has played some Infinity Star Wars for a few months.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:23 PM   #3314
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Tomb Raider and NHL 16 is all I play on XB1.. if it wasn't for NHL, I'd probably just sell it to be honest.

My pc gaming has been huge, however.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:25 PM   #3315
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Ubisoft Is Afraid Of A Hostile Takeover
Old 03-11-2016, 09:16 PM   #3316
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

From the 'Did he just say that?' files........

Phil Spencer says PC gamers 'might not buy' an Xbox One — but that's OK | Polygon
Old 03-28-2016, 08:50 AM   #3317
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

This would obviously be a huge shift in how console sales/generations work going forward. This writer has a pretty good track record and a new PS4.5 has been rumored for a couple of months.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/sony-pla...mes-1459152941

Quote:
Sony Corp. is planning to sell a more powerful version of its PlayStation 4 machine to handle higher-end gaming experiences, including virtual reality, people familiar with the matter said, while continuing production of its existing console that has so far sold more than 36 million units world-wide.

Existing PlayStation 4 owners would need to buy the new model to take full advantage of the enhanced graphics and power, though it is likely that the current model and the coming one would share the same software catalog, one of the people said.

The new console would be announced before the planned October release of the PlayStation VR, Sony’s new virtual-reality headset, the people said. It would be able to handle ultra-high-definition resolution graphics. The upgraded console would also provide more power for running the PlayStation VR, whose main competitors, Facebook Inc.’s Oculus Rift and HTC Corp.’s Vive, are designed to work with top-shelf computers.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-28-2016 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:04 AM   #3318
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This would obviously be a huge shift in how console sales/generations work going forward. This writer has a pretty good track record and a new PS4.5 has been rumored for a couple of months.

Didn't Nintendo do this already with the New 3DS?
Old 03-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #3319
Easy Mac

Its pretty much the Apple model moved to video games. Sounds horrible for the consumer, but they have to keep the cash coming in.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:26 AM   #3320
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

1.) There's no way a console under $1k is hitting 4k graphics and there was an article out a couple days ago that had leaks from Sony that said the PS 4.5 isn't going to be able to do 4k graphics. It was initial hope, but is unrealistic at this time.

2.) This is stupid and has proven time and time again to frustrate and confuse people. If Microsoft were doing this it wouldn't be a huge shift. It'd be a colossal mistake that's going to split their user base and confuse people, just look at the Wii U!.

3.) Moving more and more toward a PC-like model gives people little reason to not just buy a PC. The same goes for Microsoft and their talks of making an upgradeable console. I'm sure people will still buy consoles, but for those that buy a console as a 2nd system after PC it starts to become less appealing.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #3321
Kodos
Resident Alien

One of the main appeals of consoles is everyone has the same machine. This is dumb.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:16 AM   #3322
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
One of the main appeals of consoles is everyone has the same machine. This is dumb.

Winner!!!

I like the fact that I know the stuff I pick up for my console will work with my console.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:24 AM   #3323
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well if they keep it as black and white as 4k+VR it may work, associate it with compatibility for equipment outside the console. Just can't have developers creating multiple graphic settings at 1080p or less, depending on which model you bought.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:53 PM   #3324
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Didn't Nintendo do this already with the New 3DS?

And going by performance for Hyrule Warriors Legends on the old 3DS it may not be that great of an idea.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:54 PM   #3325
Groundhog
Coordinator

Needing to upgrade consoles makes them seem even more pointless to me. Might as well just spend $700 or $800 doing a substantial upgrade to your PC every couple of years. At least all your games and accessories are just about guaranteed to work.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #3326
sabotai
General Manager

I've been waiting for a PS4 bundle I like to come along, or for the console to drop in price at least one more time, before pulling the trigger. I guess that's out. Not going to pay $300 for a console that will be outdated in a year or two.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:27 PM   #3327
Atocep
Coordinator

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/so...tag=YHF323e137

It honestly sounds pointless.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:56 AM   #3328
RainMaker
General Manager

Seemed inevitable. PS4 and XBox One were way behind the curve when they launched that it just wasn't going to hold up for the fully cycle.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:21 AM   #3329
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Seemed inevitable. PS4 and XBox One were way behind the curve when they launched that it just wasn't going to hold up for the fully cycle.

The new Nintendo console is the main reason for it. If they weren't releasing an upgraded console mid-cycle, Sony wouldn't be doing this. It allows them to sync up their life cycle so it lasts as long as the Nintendo system.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:21 AM   #3330
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

I don't see the point either? Why not just ramp up development on a new console?
Old 04-19-2016, 10:46 AM   #3331
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Neo Geo return?
Cool
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:40 AM   #3332
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

The Nintendo NX Will Be Out March 2017 Worldwide
Old 04-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #3333
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to pre-order an NX assuming all my Wii U stuff will work on it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:46 AM   #3334
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm pretty shocked they aren't releasing in the holiday season. I can't think of any big releases Nintendo has planned for the fall/winter.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #3335
Kodos
Resident Alien

Annoying, since we just got the Wii U last Christmas.

My baseless prediction is a handheld that can be played in conjunction with your TV. Kinda like the Wii U controller without a Wii U console.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #3336
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I think what Nintendo is going for with the NX is a controller that acts like a game boy and that you can play your home console games from where ever you are via wi-fi.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #3337
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

dola

There's also a decent deal for Nintendo games on Humble Bundle right now.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #3338
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'm pretty shocked they aren't releasing in the holiday season. I can't think of any big releases Nintendo has planned for the fall/winter.

You kind of answered your own question. They don't have any big titles for the Wii U because they're getting titles ready for dual release on both consoles. Zelda is a prime example. If they release the Wii U version in the fall, it hurts their console release list in the spring if it's already available for six months on the Wii U.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #3339
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I'll be surprised if Zelda is ever released for the Wii U.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:06 AM   #3340
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Nice jump-off point for Sony heading into E3. Uncharted 4 sells 2.7M units in the first week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...s-2-7-million/

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-23-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:22 AM   #3341
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

No question this info was leaked as MS knew that the upgraded PS4 would beat them to market and would be a focus at E3.

Sources: Xbox One getting huge upgrade in 2017, slim model later this year | Polygon

Interesting question becomes how this evolution in a console's lifecycle will change the console sales. If a new model is introduced for both consoles as is expected, does it really change the game? You'd have to think that the base model will still outsell the upgraded model by quite a bit and that's where Sony still has the edge. Is MS looking to pull PC gamers off their PC by offering the big upgrades that can compete with PC's? By being first to market likely by a year, does Sony put themselves in position to do a price cut in a year to undercut the new X1 release? Or do they delay the 'Neo' until next year and reengineer it to meet or exceed the new X1 specs?

So many changes on the horizon. Should be interesting to see it all go down.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-29-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:39 AM   #3342
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

No question.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:28 PM   #3343
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

One of the best PS+ lineups we've seen thus far for June 2016.

NBA 2K16, PS4
Gone Home: Console Edition, PS4
Echochrome, PS3
Siren: Blood Curse (Episodes 1-12), PS3
God of War: Chains of Olympus, PS Vita
Little Deviants, PS Vita
Old 05-31-2016, 01:39 PM   #3344
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Possible X1 leak about E3 presentation.

E3 Teaser Trailer coming online later today : xboxone

Quote:
A trailer for Xbox Daily and the Xbox Media Briefing will be published later today by Microsoft. It's already available on their servers. I can't give you details on how to get there though, sry. It will not feature anything too relevant but still one interesting new theme.
Only read further if you are fine with potential E3 spoilers!!!
People asked me what else I could catch from Xbox API etc. I will just share it now. Take these as rumors or whatever. I don't know what will be at E3 or whatever.
Rare is working on a new Battletoads
Sea of Thieves won't be a straight MMO, more like The Division/Destiny, seems like MS will give this game a huge focus, cross-play, cross-buy
FH3 set in Australia
General RAAM for Killer Instinct
Something Age of Empires (still not sure what exactly, prob new game)
Halo Wars 2 Beta is a thing, no cross-play mentioned
Zombie online game by MS, prob new State of Decay, could also be Dead Rising
Anniversary update will gets its own landing page on Xbox.com with the major features listed, prob "available now" at E3 for preview
That's all I have for now. Nothing on hardware, sry.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:55 PM   #3345
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
One of the best PS+ lineups we've seen thus far for June 2016.

NBA 2K16, PS4
Gone Home: Console Edition, PS4
Echochrome, PS3
Siren: Blood Curse (Episodes 1-12), PS3
God of War: Chains of Olympus, PS Vita
Little Deviants, PS Vita

Definitely one of the better months in quite some time. The past several months have been very indy focused.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #3346
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Great read about the fall of Lionhead Studios.

How Fable Legends Took Down Lionhead | Kotaku UK
Old 06-12-2016, 10:24 PM   #3347
mckerney
Coordinator

Prey and Dishonored 2 looked good at Bethesda conference, but no new Wolfenstein or Fallout made by someone other than Bethesda Game Studios.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 10:27 PM   #3348
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dear Lord, I can't imagine enduring Genna Bain (TB's wife) ever again for any reason. That might be the single most annoying personality I've ever heard attempt to comment on games, gaming, or anything else.

Teeth-grindingly, jaw-clenching, want to slap the shit out of her kind of bad. X-Pac heat bad.

The Twitch "Snarkathon" feed featuring TB is an okay idea in theory, in practice it was merely annoying as hell, and that's being kind.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:30 AM   #3349
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Microsoft at 11:30 AM

Sony at 8:00 PM

Biggest hype day of the year with a lot of new info expected. Should be fun!
Old 06-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #3350
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

So Project Scorpio officially releases in Fall 2017. Now we wait and see when Sony launches Neo.