Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2017, 07:19 PM   #2651
sabotai
General Manager

I was thinking of becoming a paid protester, but after looking at the numbers, my pay from Al Gore for spreading AGW propaganda online is still higher.

Last edited by sabotai : 02-24-2017 at 07:20 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:47 PM   #2652
RainMaker
General Manager

Wall is to start in El Paso. Does Congress have to approve funding for it?

Trump border wall to start in El Paso, 2 sites in Arizona, California
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:07 PM   #2653
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Wall is to start in El Paso. Does Congress have to approve funding for it?

Yes, though he could probably pull funds from somewhere else in the homeland security budget to at least start it. He'd need congress to give him money at some point.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:11 PM   #2654
Atocep
Coordinator

What are the odds the wall is ever finished?
Old 02-24-2017, 10:12 PM   #2655
Easy Mac

So this is hell.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:13 PM   #2656
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Yes, though he could probably pull funds from somewhere else in the homeland security budget to at least start it. He'd need congress to give him money at some point.

So he'll essentially make America less secure in order to build a useless structure. Makes sense.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:27 PM   #2657
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

A wall across the whole border? I'd say slim to none. I think they'll patch up some areas and build some walls in trouble areas and claim they "built the wall".
Old 02-24-2017, 10:30 PM   #2658
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

2%
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:06 AM   #2659
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
2%

I think that's high if we're literally talking about a wall covering the entire border.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:13 AM   #2660
Edward64
Head Coach

I think one way or another a Trump wall will be built. Regardless of what the wall turns out to be (complete end-to-end wall or partial wall), he'll explain it away if needed and claim victory anyway.

I'll bet its higher than 2%.

Let's get started! I want to see how this turns out.

Last edited by Edward64 : 02-25-2017 at 12:14 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:19 AM   #2661
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Phase one of the wall is supposedly 26 or so miles. Which I immediately had the semi racist thought that Mexico was going to start challenging the Kenyan's stronghold on the Olympic Marathon.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:09 AM   #2662
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Phase one of the wall is supposedly 26 or so miles. Which I immediately had the semi racist thought that Mexico was going to start challenging the Kenyan's stronghold on the Olympic Marathon.

So last September, I ran the Long Beach Marathon and about half way through strained my knee and had to walk the rest. The back end of the marathon was being run back along the path toward the finish line. And the first place guy was coming along the other way not long after I hurt my knee. Sure enough, it was a Kenyan or Nigerian runner.

I briefly debated the merits of crossing the rope to the other path and diving at his knees. Pathetically, though, I was pretty sure I would miss on the bum knee.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 06:34 AM   #2663
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Sure enough, it was a Kenyan or Nigerian runner.

Wrong side of the continent.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:17 AM   #2664
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Hey, when the wall gets to 60 miles or so, watch out.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:29 PM   #2665
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Wrong side of the continent.

Correct. I was thinking Ethiopian.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:22 PM   #2666
mckerney
Coordinator

Okla. AG's office confirms Pruitt used private email for state business

Quote:
It is not illegal to use a private email account for state business, as long as those records are included in searches for public documents.

However, the revelation is in direct conflict with Pruitt’s written and oral testimony before the Senate Environment and Public Works (EPW) Committee during the confirmation process. Pruitt, who is now the administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, told lawmakers he had never used private email for state business.

Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., asked Pruitt directly, “Have you ever conducted business using your personal email accounts, nonofficial Oklahoma attorney general email accounts, text messages, instant messenger, voicemails, or any other medium?”

“I use only my official OAG [Office of the Attorney General] email address and government-issued phone to conduct official business,” Pruitt replied.

Lock him up?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:57 PM   #2667
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Who is Nils Bildt?

Fox News literally called someone a Swedish Defense and National Security Advisor despite nobody in the Swedish government having any idea who he is. Apparently this was done solely to feed the narrative to their idiot viewers that Trump's comments weren't as bad as they really were.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:38 PM   #2668
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

It's just OK, no one really cares about a state full of earthquakes.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:45 AM   #2669
Easy Mac

An old high school friend told Nancy Pelosi to get off TV and go to church this AM. I guess she was on a morning show.

Doesn't that just mean the FB friend was just watching TV and not at church at the same time?
Old 02-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #2670
Easy Mac

So Trump eats well done steaks with ketchup? I think that should piss off his base more than if he gave a hug to a Muslim Mexican illegal.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:50 PM   #2671
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
So Trump eats well done steaks with ketchup? I think that should piss off his base more than if he gave a hug to a Muslim Mexican illegal.

It's the most disgusting thing about him I've heard of yet.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:18 PM   #2672
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

#NotMyPresident
Old 02-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #2673
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:

He has the refinement of a 6 year old, it makes sense.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #2674
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The ketchup part doesn't bother me at all, because if you order it medium well or higher, then you might as well smother it in ketchup or some kind of sauce.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #2675
kingfc22
Head Coach

And healthcare is complicated. Who knew?

In other news, the sky is blue.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 02-27-2017 at 04:07 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #2676
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Dubya says the media is “indispensable to democracy" and questions need to be answered regarding the Trump administration's connections to Russia, and now people are calling Bush a "leftist", part of the "establishment" and an Obama supporter. My oh my.

George W. Bush undercuts Donald Trump after staying silent on Barack Obama - Washington Times
Old 02-28-2017, 04:21 AM   #2677
Groundhog
Coordinator

Left without comment...

Old 02-28-2017, 05:24 AM   #2678
Easy Mac

Evidently he says in a Fox News interview that Obama is organizing the protests and leaks (with possibly the most "leading" question ever). I feel like if you phrased it right, you could get him to agree that mole people live under the white house.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:31 AM   #2679
Easy Mac

See guys, segregation was really just proto-school choice.

adam harris on Twitter: "Inbox: @BetsyDeVosED statement on today's meeting with HBCU leaders https://t.co/J7SvKFjlcB"

How is this our government in 2017?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:43 AM   #2680
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Colored only water fountains were an example of America's entrepreneurial spirit!
Old 02-28-2017, 08:51 AM   #2681
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Left without comment...

She had just taken a photo of the group with her phone.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:30 AM   #2682
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
She had just taken a photo of the group with her phone.

Yeah tbh checking if a photo is decent is something everyone does surely ?

(much as I detest her approach to media relations etc. - I don't see any scandal here)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:39 AM   #2683
Easy Mac

I find it disturbing that she's sitting on the couch like a 7 year old girl. You're in the Presiden't office.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:40 AM   #2684
molson
General Manager

Ya, let's just focus on the illegal conduct of the administration and not worry so much about someone checking kneeling on a sofa and checking their phone. Remember when some Republicans got in a tizzy when Obama was photographed with his feet on the oval office desk? If you're followed around almost 24/7 you're going to have casual non camera-friendly moments. I think we're going to see a LOT of those this administration when the media has no reason to show the respect that they might usually show for the office.
molson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:52 AM   #2685
lungs
Pro Rookie

Yeah, I think I'm a little more worried about the $54 billion defense spending increase he wants. How much fucking money do we need to spend on "defense"?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:20 AM   #2686
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Trump's guests tonight will be families of people killed by illegals, indicating that there will be a focus on justifying those areas of his policies.

I have no idea the answer to this, and don't have time to look it up the rest of today; how does the murder rate among undocumented immigrants compare to the general population and to those with similar income?
Old 02-28-2017, 10:24 AM   #2687
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hate Conway, but who really gives a crap about how she sits on the couch?
Old 02-28-2017, 10:32 AM   #2688
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Its like Nicole Kidman's clapping for me. Famous person does normal thing weirdly.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:34 AM   #2689
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Still trying to wrap my head around this literal vs serious interpretation of trump. When he said I have a great plan to replace aca and a secret plan to defeat isis, those were taken seriously by his voters, but not literally? So his voters knew he didn't have a plan, but he would listen to people who align with views? (Free market and hawkish in this case)

Last edited by AENeuman : 02-28-2017 at 10:35 AM.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #2690
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Trump's guests tonight will be families of people killed by illegals, indicating that there will be a focus on justifying those areas of his policies.

I have no idea the answer to this, and don't have time to look it up the rest of today; how does the murder rate among undocumented immigrants compare to the general population and to those with similar income?

I think the study was just general crime, with the obvious caveat that they tried to adjust for their undocumented status and that it could be under-reported to not get themselves deported for reporting a crime. But the study found that crime is actually lower in areas with larger illegal immigrant population, even adjusting for under-reporting.

There was a podcast that broke the study down about a month ago, but I can't recall which one it was that I was listening to.

Immigration and crime: What does the research say?
Urban crime rates and the changing face of immigration: Evidence across four decades: Journal of Ethnicity in Criminal Justice: Vol 15, No 1
Old 02-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #2691
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I wish those articles would distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:04 AM   #2692
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

There's not much that focuses on legal vs illegal, but Cato argues that the rate is consistent across the two populations.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #2693
PilotMan
Head Coach

Education Secretary DeVos: [Sound Of Me Spitting Out Coffee, Falling Out Of Chair]

Quote:
Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) have done this since their founding. They started from the fact that there were too many students in America who did not have equal access to education. They saw that the system wasn’t working, that there was an absence of opportunity, so they took it upon themselves to provide the solution.
HBCUs are real pioneers when it comes to school choice. They are living proof that when more options are provided to students, they are afforded greater access and greater quality. Their success has shown that more options help students flourish.

Wtf kind of drugs is this administration on that they decided that this was a totally normal line of thinking in regards to their platform? As the article breaks down...

Quote:
I dunno, it’s a historically deep competition, but ... this might be the worst and most offensive thing a Trump administration clown has said*, so far? I kind of think it is!

*In fact, this statement is so batshit, bugfuck crazy that—no discredit to Adam Harris whatsoever—at first it seemed quite literally unbelievable. I made a Department of Education flack email it to me directly just to confirm Harris hadn’t been the victim of a prank.
There’s the obvious reason, of course, which is that this is an absurd and nightmarish vision of school choice. The HBCU system has its roots in racial segregation, arising from the practical unavailability of higher education for black students in the years after the Civil War. The functional choice HBCUs gave black students at the time of their founding was between black school and no school—which is to say, their advent did not provide black students with meaningful school choice at all. Calling them pioneers of school choice is like pointing to the construction of a homeless shelter as a landmark achievement in affordable housing.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:32 PM   #2694
Easy Mac

In the last day he said Obama is behind the protests, Democrats are behind the Jewish bomb threats, and that the military is to blame for the SEAL's death in Yemen. I don't know that you can really quantify DeVos' release as the craziest thing that's been said in the last 24 hours, let alone the last 39 days.

Is there a group they've managed not to insult so far? They've gone after the press, FBI, CIA, military, teachers, liberals, LBGTQ, hispanics, jews, blacks, Europeans, Australians, Muslims/middle-easterns... There's children and straight-white-Republican males, that's really all that's left to insult.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:07 PM   #2695
Atocep
Coordinator

Claiming anything is offensive about this administration just excites the base even more.

The DeVos press release is ignorant on a level I can't believe came from a U.S. President's administration. But hey, she wants to do something different so it has to be better.

The comment by Trump that claimed at the same time that his administration has the most respected generals in decades while placing all of the blame for the SEAL's death on them was incredible. I don't know how else to describe it.

This administration continues to operate on a level the rest of us just don't understand yet.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:12 PM   #2696
larrymcg421
Head Coach

In the race for most offensive things the administration has said, I think this is an early lock to make the playoffs...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2984866

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #2697
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
In the race for most offensive things the administration has said, I think this is an early lock to make the playoffs...

Trump suggests Jewish community is spreading anti-Semitic threats - NY Daily News

He's probably just getting his information from here (please note, I can't prove this site won't infect you with Russian malware or stupidity):

Shocking List Of Official Proven False Flag Attacks - Your News Wire
Old 02-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #2698
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

I don't give a crap how she sits on a couch generally, I just think that in her capacity in that room it's incredibly unprofessional.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #2699
Jas_lov
College Starter

How will Trump sell a pathway to citizenship to his base, or will they not care if they get their wall.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:47 PM   #2700
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
How will Trump sell a pathway to citizenship to his base, or will they not care if they get their wall.

He won't. Fox News will run a story on it that will be mildly critical and he'll change his mind.