Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Bowl Week 4 Has Started. Deadline is 11/02/08

The only game this week is KingNeb's Kentucky team vs Purdue for the National Championship. Once that game is played, we will advance.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Sorry guys, I'll try and play this ASAP. I seriously hope I can play it tomorrow sometime since I have the day off. I'll post on here when I do. Absolute worst case I'll play it Sunday but I seriously hope I have it done by tomorrow. No pressure or anything since I'm playing for the championship
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #3
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Good luck! Get 'er done!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

The 2008 NOFL season is officially over! Kentucky took Purdue behind the stadium and gave them a good old-fashioned beatdown to the tune of 51-3! Our rushing game was just too much for them (along with our passing game). We ran for nearly 300 yards and passed for 160 more. The game started out with Purdue throwing INT's on 3 straight drives and my Kentucky squad taking advantage by getting TD's on all 3 drives. When it was 21-0 early in the 2nd quarter I knew that we were going to win. Our trademark all year was takeaways and crazy offense. We started the game out with takeaways and then our offense took over as the game wore on. We settled for more FG's than we're used to but we won and that's all that matters.

I think that we have players at all three skill positions (QB, HB, and WR) who could contend for the Heisman next year. My QB was hurt for half the season but still threw for nearly 2000 yards and 15 TD's (along with rushing for 576 yards and 12 TD's). My HB finished with 1638 yards, 5.2 ypc, and 26 TD (which includes FOUR TD's in the title game). My WR finished with 2279 yards receiving, 22 TD, and the Heisman. It's weird because he actually wasn't my primary receiver in the last 3 games. The really good teams took him out of the game but he racked up ridiculous yards against the lesser teams.

I know we have little to no chance of repeating next year as many of the human players will be playing with much improved teams. Our recruiting has not been so hot either. Hopefully we can try & win the SEC again next year and then see what happens. But for now I'm just going to be happy that we made it through this year. The SEC is brutal against the AI not to mention the barnburner game I had at Arkansas (WVUFan). We were trailing late in the game but had a huge comeback to pull it out.

It's crazy how many things have to go right to go undefeated. So many little things would have changed the season. Best of luck to everyone in their recruiting this offseason (unless you're after one of my guys).

EF27, time to advance!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Grats Kingneb. Crazy to have another user win a NC in the first year. Certainly sounds like they were no match for you either.

GL this offseason.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Congratulations, Kingneb!

Not that I am in favor of upping the difficulty, but clearly our sliders favor humans.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Not that I am in favor of upping the difficulty, but clearly our sliders favor humans.

I suck, but I agree.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:10 PM   #8
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Congratulations bud. I'm too lazy to look, but you won the Heisman (with your Freshman WR), Thorpe, and some other awards too right?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #9
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Hey, thanks guys! My team won like 9 trophies/awards. My WR won 3 awards (including the Heisman). I also won Coach of the Year. My CB won the best secondary player award (forget what that's called). He had 14 INT's. My backup safety won the returner of the year. I won a few others too but I forget what they are.

Not trying to be a jerk/rub it in, but I'm pretty proud of what I accomplished this year. I set several school records (RB TD's, RB yards, WR TD's, WR yards, WR receptions, INT's by a player) and my goal is to break them all next season. Next year I'll be congratulating one of you guys when you win the championship
Old 10-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

You bet your sweet ass that I'm going to challenge you to an OOC game next year.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I suck, but I agree.

I disagree. Our sliders are clearly stacked to favor the CPU, but we have some players with excellent stick skills in this league. To make it challenging for them, I think we would have to go up to Heisman and slant the sliders to the CPU as they are now. If we do that, I imagine it will lack fun for those of us who don't have the same stick skill level.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Congrats on the win KingNeb. I'll be advancing to the offseason in a few minutes.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:39 PM   #13
bhlloy
Coordinator

Any news on advancing? Do we even have anything to do in the first offseason stage?

If so, have to get this in before my soccer game tonight otherwise I might not get it in until Sunday. Quit slacking man
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #14
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Since OOC is an abbreviation that I choose to not understand, I will have to politely decline any OOC challenges from all humans for 2009
Old 10-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Any news on advancing? Do we even have anything to do in the first offseason stage?

If so, have to get this in before my soccer game tonight otherwise I might not get it in until Sunday. Quit slacking man

See the thread above this (or now below it.)