Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-07-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season 2 Week 7 Has Begun! Deadline is 1/11/09 at 10 PM

This week the only human vs human game is Galaxy's Mississippi State vs WVUFan's Arkansas squad.

Other big games are Stanford at USC (somehow I think Sun Tzu will do much better than I did), #21 Texas A&M at #17 Texas Tech, #23 NC State hosting #20 Clemson, #18 Colodado at Kansas State, and #4 Kentucky hosting 2-2 LSU.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #2
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ooooo...USC. I'm looking forward to this one. Outside of my last game where my Wife insisted on having a conversation with me throughout the ENTIRE game and I gave up 50 pts, my defense has been very stout this year. We'll see what happens. More than likely playing this game tonight or tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Wow, lots of good games on the slate this week. I can't believe we're up to #4 at the halfway point of the season. I have a bad feeling that either Galaxy/WVUFan will get me this year. I wish I could watch their versus matchup to get some scouting on their style of play
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
WVUFAN
College Starter

Hey Galaxy, when do you want to beat me ... er ... play our game?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Texas A&M moves to 5-1 with a 42-26 defeat of instate rivals Texas Tech, featuring the first blocked kick I've seen in NCAA09 (a Punt that led to a safety)
Old 01-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Galaxy
Coordinator

I can do it tonight (11ish or so), or tomorrow evening (after 10 or so)?

Is USC ranked?

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-07-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #7
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Southern Cal is #2 I think. South Carolina is like #9.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

#4 Kentucky goes to 7-0 with a 63-28 victory over LSU. I'll say that LSU is the best 2-3 team in the country. It was 14-14 in the 2nd quarter when over the course of three drives LSU was forced to punt, threw an INT, and they failed to convert on 4th down. All three of these led to 3 quick Kentucky TD's in the span of a few minutes and it was 35-14 at the half. We stepped up and made big plays when we had to and it really gave us a cushion. Kentucky played a pretty sloppy second half but still came away with the victory. Kentucky threw 3 INT's for the first time this year but they also got 3 INT's from LSU.

Next game is at home vs Galaxy's Mississippi State squad. The Bulldog offense is very impressive and they have several playmakers. Hopefully we can keep them in check at least somewhat, have our offense play to their potential, and win the turnover battle. If we do those three things then we will have a good chance of winning the game. If not, all bets are off.

Good luck to all players in their games this week

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 01-08-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #9
Galaxy
Coordinator

I'll be gone for the weekend. I sent WVUFAN a message last night to try to set something up (in addition to my post here).
Old 01-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
WVUFAN
College Starter

I sent Galaxy a message -- I'm available to play tonight. Galaxy, if you're on, my gamertag for this league is wvufan1971, and I'm available right now to play.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #11
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Well...the Stanford Cardinal came into Pasadena today and put up a valiant effort. In fact the game wound up coming down to a touchdown with 3 seconds left and a failed onside kick to seal it. But after all the dust settled the final score was 45-42.

Stanford Won

Andrew Luck went 25/32, and threw for 314 yards and 4 TD's with 1 INT.
Doug Baldwin caught 6 passes for 126 yards, and 2 TD's, and racked up 78 yards after the catch.
Mark Sanchez completed 81% of his passes for 397 yards and 5 TD's, but he was picked off FIVE times in the first half.

The game was decided in the 4th quarter, on a 12 play drive that lasted over 4 minutes and resulted in a TD with 1:43 left, putting Stanford up by 10. Stanford actually scored first in the game, and at no point were they losing. This should push us into the top 25, and this makes our record 5-1. If we are able to hold off EF27 in our matchup with him later this year, we have a great shot at playing in the Rose Bowl.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That is just sick. I have no doubt you will destroy my slow, pathetic defense.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #13
WVUFAN
College Starter

Great game, Galaxy. I could not stop the pass, and my time management sucks (11 seconds left, tie game, on the 25 yl and I decide to run a run play to get my kicker in line, but I couldn't get back to the line to spike before regulation ran out).

The pause was because of a crying baby. I have a 4 month old. Sorry for the delay.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #14
Galaxy
Coordinator

Good game. Your linebacker came out and got the pick in OT. I though I would be able to get Burns the ball quickly (I might threw it a second too late) with no man on him. I just couldn't stop Davis or your back. Our defense just doesn't have the speed of my offensive weapons.

As for our Texas Tech offense, get used to it. We signed three speedy 4-star receivers for this season and hope to add more in the upcoming recruiting class.

No problem about the pause. My connection was really choppy. That's why the game cut out in our first game.

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-08-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #15
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oklahoma State played today. I would have played earlier this week but I was still pissed off I lost to SirFoz. My QB sucks balls and even though he threw for almost 500 yards and 4 TDs, he sucks. I wish I had Kentucky's redshirted Softmore.

Anyhow, we beat Nebraska 55 to 16. One of my defensive guys had 8 sacks for the most sacks in a game (NCAA record).

Beer is kicking in as it was in the third quarter. I hate Texas A&M! They ruined my perfect season!!!!!!!!!

At least next week my freshman QB comes back and I'll have a shot at running the rest of the table. I'm so depressed with my team this season.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #16
Ironhead
College Prospect

After a shaky 0-3 start to the year Boston College pulls to an even 3-3 with a 33-0 shutout of Wake Forest. Unfortunately our top recruit from last season, the #1 tailback in the country, injured his hip and will miss at least 4 weeks.

Things are also heating up on the recruiting trail. By seasons end I think we are going to pull in a very solid class.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #17
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Colorado will play later today. Big challenge at Kansas State without Cody Hawkins, who is out for the week. Our backup got sometime last year when Hawkins was hurt so hopefully that will help this week.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #18
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Unfortunately our top recruit from last season, the #1 tailback in the country, injured his hip and will miss at least 4 weeks.

NoooooOOOOOOOOoooo!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #19
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
NoooooOOOOOOOOoooo!

He has actually been the starter now for a couple of games as Haden just wasn't cutting it. The freshman was doing a solid job grinding it out on the ground - I'll definitely feel his absence in the ground game.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #20
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Oklahoma State played today. I would have played earlier this week but I was still pissed off I lost to SirFoz. My QB sucks balls and even though he threw for almost 500 yards and 4 TDs, he sucks. I wish I had Kentucky's redshirted Softmore.

So I'm confused. Does your QB suck balls? Did he really throw for 500 yards and 4 TD's? Is calling my QB a "softmore" a Freudian slip? How drunk were you when you made this post? Dammit...I need answers!
Old 01-11-2009, 01:01 AM   #21
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Colorado pulled out a victory in the Little Apple to move to 6-0 but it wasn't pretty. Yes, we put up 42 points in regulation behind backup QB Kenard Harrison's school record 467 passing yards and RB Darrell Scott put up more than 200 yards from scrimmage. But we also gave up 42 points with some porous defense and missed two field goals with less than a minute to play to win the game. K-State's drive to kick a game winning field goal was stopped by the replay official who ruled their third-down catch for a first down was trapped by the receiver.

But a win is a win. K-State got the ball first in OT and missed their field goal. We proceeded to march the ball on the ground to the one and Harrison sneaked it in. KU is up next and I'm reasonably confident we can move to 7-0 heading against Texas Tech.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We had a ton of important recruits visiting and really needed a big win against Cal. The game started off well with a pick 6 by our much maligned defense. They even followed that up with a defensive stop. However, Locker gave them a gift right back and that led to a quick strike long TD to their WR who gave us fits for the rest of the day. Our defense did well at times, but they gave up 3 long TD's. Our special teams gave up a return, and our offense failed to convert critical 3rd downs (and 4th downs on 2 occasions) again and again. We lose 41-34 and I'm considering scrapping the spread offense until we get better receivers. I hope this doesn't cost us too many recruits.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

All we have left is 2 guys who had bye weeks but still need to do recruiting - Bhlloy and Karlifornia.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #24
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Rough loss EF27

The final two guys have 10.5 hours to get their recruiting done. C'mon guys!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #25
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sorry guys, has been a crazy week. If I'd have realised I just had recruiting, could have squeezed it in earlier. I'll get it done in a minute or two...
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Sorry guys, has been a crazy week. If I'd have realised I just had recruiting, could have squeezed it in earlier. I'll get it done in a minute or two...

Did you notice if Karlifornia has done his yet?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #27
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I just did mine.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Advancing in a minute (and hoping that the loss didn't cost me any of these recruits.)
Old 01-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #29
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Next game is at home vs Galaxy's Mississippi State squad. The Bulldog offense is very impressive and they have several playmakers. Hopefully we can keep them in check at least somewhat, have our offense play to their potential, and win the turnover battle. If we do those three things then we will have a good chance of winning the game. If not, all bets are off.

Good luck to all players in their games this week

Our offense is better. However, we still have a ways to go. We need to add more talent and mature on that side of the ball to get to that level to where we can compete.

We still struggle on the defensive side of the game. Hopefully we can land some talent on the recruiting trail like we have on offense. I'm hoping to get 7 wins (we still have two soft non-conference games left) and a bowl bid.

When would you like to play (and it'll be two years before we clash again, unless it's in the SEC title game, corrrect?)?

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-11-2009 at 08:31 PM.