Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season 2 Week 9 Has Begun! Deadline is 1/21/09 at 10PM

The Big game this week is Karlifornia's #6 Virginia team (6-0) vs BigDPW's #22 NC State (6-1).

Other marquee games this week include: Sun Tzu's #21 Stanford squad (6-1) AT Arizona (4-1), KingNeb's #3 Kentucky squad (8-0) vs #20 Pittsburgh (5-1), and RA's #19 Oklahoma State (4-2) AT #15 Oklahoma (4-2.)

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
BigDPW
College Prospect

Karlifornia... I would like to get the game out of the way this weekend if possible. I am available tonight if you are. Probably will be available tomorrow night also after 8pm or so. I will PM you to see what we can figure out and to give you my email.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
Galaxy
Coordinator

The Oklahoma-Oklahoma State game is pretty early in the season.

Hopefully we can get back to .500 and keep ourselves in a good position for a bowl.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

I seem to remember that refrain in the RFL this season.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I seem to remember that refrain in the RFL this season.

True...But this team can actually score.

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-16-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:35 AM   #6
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

BigDPW and his NC State squad defeated my previously undefeated Virginia Cavaliers 31-28 in Raleigh earlier tonight.

It was a very good game. I started off by throwing an INT on the very first play. The Wolfpack scored off of the turnover, and a wild first quarter ended with us tied 14-14. NC State controlled much of the game with a potent (and balanced) offensive attack, even taking a 28-14 lead in the third quarter.

I scored a touchdown as the third quarter expired, and DPW took his offense down the field again, primed to reclaim the touchdown lead, when on 2nd down, his playaction pass was intercepted in front of the goal line and returned for a game-tying score. There were over 3 minutes left, and my dream season seemed destined to continue.

What then followed was a fantastic drive filled with multiple third-down conversions. DPW eventually exhausted all of my time-outs, and all of my chances of winning, kicking a chip shot field goal with 1 second left.

NC STATE 31, VIRGINIA 28.

Though I am very disappointed from the loss, I can say no bad words about the play of DPW. He simply shredded my defense, which is what I usually pride myself on. He had an answer for everything tonight. My only regret is not saving a timeout to ice the kicker at the very end.

Great game, DPW....Maybe I'll see you in the conference championship.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:32 AM   #7
BigDPW
College Prospect

Yeah I am hoping for a rematch in the conference title game if I am lucky enough to get there. I have already lost to Clemson (6-1) and am behind the undefeated #2 FSU team that I play in Tallahassee next week.

I enjoyed every minute of that game last night and Karlifornia is a great player and sport. No cheesing at all in this game from either end and I felt really challenged in a great way. I feel challenged by the AI when I play the CPU but it is always in a AI cheating and me having to cheese them to win sort of way...

I wish UVA the best of luck the rest of the way in this season and hope that we can meet again. His rushing offense shreaded me until I got a little lead and he had to pass it some. Mikell Simpson broke several long ones.

Next up for me is FSU then Ironhead in Boston followed by Miami and ECU to close it out this year.

With so many close games this year I am not sure how I am at 7-1 but I am just pleased to be bowl eligible already and will just enjoy seeing how the rest of this plays out.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
Ironhead
College Prospect

Boston College thrashes Virginia Tech by a final of 41-6. The BC defense has really come to play during the current winning streak and has allowed only 26 points in the last 4 games. A big part of the resurgence has been the play of outside linebacker Mark Herzlich. If Herzlich keeps up this level of play he will surely be up for linebacker of the year.

Next week we play cupcake Arkansas State before hosting BigDPW's NC State squad.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #9
Galaxy
Coordinator

Mississippi State defeats rival Alabama, 45-42. The win gets us back to 4-4 (2-4 in the SEC) with Army, South Carolina, Duke, and Ole Miss left on the slate. I think we have a great chance to win three of those games, with South Carolina being the challenge.

Another high note is we had most of our top recruiting targets in to see this rivalry game, so hopefully we can get some signatures.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #10
BigDPW
College Prospect

Oh I almost forgot that I signed the top QB recruit in the country this week also (Kevin Smith)!!!! Yeah... Now I have Glennon who will be a soph next year and Smith... Pretty happy with that too!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our defense stepped up big against Oregon. First the defense knocked out their starting QB late in the 1st half which slowed down their attack a great deal. Then, they overcame 3 2nd half turnovers by Locker to repeatedly turn away the Oregon offense from scoring a go ahead TD. However, finally they wore down and Oregon took the lead with about 2 minutes left in the game.

We needed Locker to drive us down the field. Despite his crappy day, he was still our best weapon. He was hurt on the 1st play of the drive and Blackmon came in. I had no choice but to throw with him in our system.. and he made great throw after great throw, much better than Locker had been doing this game. Much more accuracy and he methodically marched us down the field before scrambling for the winning TD with 16 seconds left! 31-28 thrilling win and we had several of our recruits there.

The bad news is that Locker is out next week. I have a tough decision. Do I start Blackmon or remove the redshirt from one of our mobile QB's. If I start Blackmon, I'll have to decide wheter to stick with the spread or go with a more conventional offense for a week.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

We just played Arizona. They didn't put up much of a fight, and it was looking like a shutout until the 4th quarter where they had a couple breakaway plays. Andrew Luck threw for 400+ yards and 4 TD's, as the Stanford Cardinal beat the 4-1 Arizona Wildcats by a score of 48-10.

Next week we travel to OSU and play against bhlloy's undefeated Beavers for the top spot in the Pac-10.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-18-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:13 AM   #13
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

#3 Kentucky defeats #20 Pittsburgh 94-35. The game was definitely one of the weirdest I've played on NCAA so far. Notable things were:

-Game was tied 7-7 after the first quarter
-Kentucky led 35-28 late in the 2nd quarter
-Pitt's QB threw SIX INT's, which was the difference
-Pitt's HB McCoy was a beast, getting 200+ rushing/receiving yards, plus a 50 yard kickoff return...he was the best player I've seen this year
-Kentucky had their best half rushing in the first half, going for over 300 yards
-Kentucky had their worst half passing in the first half, going 1-6 for 3 yards
-My WR had 2 receiving TD's plus a pick-six when he was subbed in as the 7th backup CB in the quarters defense late in the game (mass subs)

I was really trying to iron out my passing offense in the second half, even though we had a big lead. I want to make sure both phases of my offense are clicking as we head into next week's HUGE matchup AT #5 South Carolina. We had a bunch of recruits visit, so hopefully they were impressed by the game and we can get at least some of them to sign.

Only two people have things left to do this week. Raiders Army needs to play & recruit and WVUFan needs to play his game. That's all & hoepfully we can advance a day or two early. It's great being one of the last people done with the game with 2.8 days left until the deadline.

Good luck to the last two guys in their games this week
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #14
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Will get my stuff in this afternoon. Sorry for the delay.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #15
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I was the last game to play. Oklahoma State won the Bedlam Bowl 32-31, overcoming 5 turnovers. My freshman QB is killing me with accuracy issues. My redshirt Senior QB is killing me with his feet of stone.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #16
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I forgot to add that I was down by 10 points at the end of the third quarter. I then kicked a field goal, ran an interception back for a TD, and made the 2 pt conversion to go up 32-31 with about three minutes to go. I stopped him, he missed the FG and I got a few first downs to run out the clock. Considering my team is rated 79 overall and OU is rated 99 overall and I was playing in Norman, I'll take the win.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #17
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I just PM'ed EF27. Lots of big games next week & I can't wait to get them started
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the heads-up. I should be home from work early this afternoon (around 3-4 central.) I'll advance it as soon as I get home.