Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Conference USA (Xbox 360 NCAA 2010 OD) to start this week--what I need from you

I'm hoping to have the league up and running by Thursday night. I'm going out of town Friday thru Sunday, so the deadline would be Monday or Tuesday for the first stage (I haven't researched which stage that is just yet, but it's probably setting up a recruiting board or a schedule). Anything that is bolded, I would like feedback on.

League Alignment

Here are the alignments. We either need some fake teams to put in for the CPU squads, or I would also be open to re-creating real teams that have been modified to fit our star system setup. Do you prefer real or fake teams to fill the CPU slots? So far, I have the North Dallas Plague created as a fake team for the CPU.

Special note: Wade -- you may want to try modifying your team, as they do allow hyphens. I used one for Odessa-Permian when I was creating DeTox's team.

Fake CPU Teams

Code:
East (Florida): 5* Unnamed team CPU 4* Unnamed team CPU 3* GarField Indians Wade Moore 2* Gibbs Gladiators Mike1409 2* Fairport Red Raiders Kodos 1* Allendale cmp West (Texas): 5* North Dallas Plague? CPU 4* Unnamed team CPU 3* Tucker Mountain Lions WVUFAN 2* Pinckney Pirates allpro10050 2* Egg Harbor Eagles EaglesFan27 1* Odessa-Permian Panthers DeTox

or

Real CPU teams

Code:
East (Florida): 5* *Miami Hurricanes (*modified in teambuilder) 4* *USF Bulls (*modified in teambuilder) 3* GarField Indians Wade Moore 2* Gibbs Gladiators Mike1409 2* Fairport Red Raiders Kodos 1* Allendale cmp West (Texas): 5* *Texas Tech (*modified in teambuilder) 4* *TCU (*modified in teambuilder) 3* Tucker Mountain Lions WVUFAN 2* Pinckney Pirates allpro10050 2* Egg Harbor Eagles EaglesFan27 1* Odessa-Permian Panthers DeTox

Do you have a preference for real names, or fake names, since Conference USA will not have any real players?

Our conference will have no real players in it, but the rest of the NCAA can if we want them too. If you want real names, what is the preferred renamed roster set?

What I need from each of you:

Please make sure that your created team has the correct number of stars, and also uses the system below for recruiting strengths and weaknesses. Once your team is "up to code", let me know in this thread. For guys who I'm creating teams for, let me know you preferences. (EF27 already has, still waiting to hear back from DeTox.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
There are eleven recruiting categories your created team gets rated on. Feel free to give your teams the following distributions of ratings in any way you like:

3 A's
4 B's
4 C's

Academic Prestige
Campus Lifestyle
Coach Experience
Coach Prestige
Championship Contender
Athletic Facilities
Fan Base
Pro Potential
Program Stability
Program Tradition
Television Exposure

Sliders

I saw EF was using some sliders in the NCAA thread. Do you like them? I have done no research on sliders, and would like to know if people have preferred sliders. I assume we will be playing on All-American.

Rivals

Apparently, each created team only gets to keep one rival when we swap them in place of a real team. I'm going to try to research this and figure out who would get who. Let me know if you have a preferred rival, and I will try to accomodate you.

Wait list:
1. BigDPW
2. Butter_of_69

Last edited by Kodos : 08-11-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I like the sliders, but I think I will like the recent changes he has made even more. I should get a chance to try them out more times by the time we are ready to play games. He lowered QB accuracy which I think was still too high, so I think he is fine tuning them in the right direction.

As far as real CPU or fake teams, I have absolutely no preference.

I have no real preference for a rival either, but I think it would be cool for it to be one of the human teams in my division if we can set that.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I prefer real teams and names.
The slider set(Junit40)is pretty good. I havent seen the latest tweaks.
My created team is ready. I might tweak the uni's one more time
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Real teams and names but it's not a big deal.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

Okay. Looks like we'll do real names, real teams, and use JUnit40's sliders. I'll work on teambuilder versions of TT, TCU, Miami, and USF.

What's the best roster set?

Last edited by Kodos : 07-27-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
I prefer real teams and names.
The slider set(Junit40)is pretty good. I havent seen the latest tweaks.
My created team is ready. I might tweak the uni's one more time

You've got a few days. I'll be sure to check for updates before I start importing for the dynasty.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay. Looks like we'll do real names, real teams, and use JUnit40's sliders. I'll work on teambuilder versions of TT, TCU, Miami, and USF.

What's the best roster set?

I'm sure there is some debate, but I think the OS community roster set is the best of the ones out there right now. It can be downloaded from a bunch of gamertags including where I got it:

THE MASSACRE771
Old 07-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

I tried to download that one (and the other three associated with it) the other day, but it didn't work. I'll try again at some point.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After I finish this dynasty game (first one with the newest tweaks), I'll upload their roster to my gamertag.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

The OSRoster is now uploaded to my gamertag.

I like the lowered QB accuracy in the latest slider tweaks, however, they are more friendly to the human player and I'm thinking we might want to go with a slight compromise of them as I don't think we should slant anything towards the human player with the talent level that we have in the league.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm pretty much down with whatever sliders you suggest.

And thanks for setting up the roster with your gamertag. I'll try to grab them next time I'm on.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-27-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:51 PM   #12
WVUFAN
College Starter

I'm having a dickens of a time linking my gamertag to my EA Account. I might need someone to make my team if they have a chance, because it's just not letting me sync them.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 PM   #13
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
I'm having a dickens of a time linking my gamertag to my EA Account. I might need someone to make my team if they have a chance, because it's just not letting me sync them.

Let's see if Wade will do it. I just spent 3 or 4 hours making teams--I'm a bit burnt out.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:29 AM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've recreated Texas Tech, TCU, Miami, and USF using teambuilder to give them the proper stars for our setup. I carried over their existing ratings, playbooks, rosters, stadiums, etc. Feel free to download them and take a look at the uniforms to see if I have butchered them, if you care about such things. I did my best, but I'm sure I did some things that would catch hell from diehard fans of the teams.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:34 AM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Let's see if Wade will do it. I just spent 3 or 4 hours making teams--I'm a bit burnt out.

Yup, I can help out.

Yesterday was an INSANE day at work, hopefully today is more calm.

WVU - have you posted somewhere what your team is? Do you mind reposting?

I'm cool with all of the decisions made. If we were picking rivals, I'd pick mike - but I don't want you fighting through the rival stuff just for my sake, so if everyone else is fine with letting the chips fall where they may, I am too.

Did we decide what roster we're starting with?

I'm going to team builder today to adjust my recruiting rankings, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Special note: Wade -- you may want to try modifying your team, as they do allow hyphens. I used one for Odessa-Permian when I was creating DeTox's team.

Was this in-game or on the web? On the web it clears out the name every time I try to add the hyphen.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, I grabbed the roster that EF27 put under his gamertag.

Here's what still needs to happen from my mini-test franchise setup yesterday:

Allendale: Needs to employ the recruting 3 A's, 4 B's, 4 C's rule, unless they want more of a challenge (they rated themselves low almost across the board).

Garfield has too many stars, and is rated too high in the recruiting categories.

Tucker also needs to adjust their recruiting rankings - they're too high.

I wasn't able to find MGoblue14's Pinckney Pirates yet. Just looked on the web in Teambuilder, and it doesn't find anything for MGoblue14.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-28-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #18
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Was this in-game or on the web? On the web it clears out the name every time I try to add the hyphen.

On the web. Maybe they have changed it since you last tried.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #19
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
On the web. Maybe they have changed it since you last tried.

I tried it right before posting .

Quote:
Old 07-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #20
Kodos
Resident Alien

Updated list with gamertags.

Code:
East (Florida): 5* +Miami Hurricanes CPU 4* +USF Bulls CPU 3* Gar-Field Indians wade moore wademoore 2* Gibbs Gladiators Mike1409 Mike1409 2* Fairport Red Raiders Kodos Kodos For Prez 1* Allendale cmp cmp343 West (Texas): 5* +Texas Tech CPU 4* +TCU CPU 3* Tucker Mountain Lions WVUFAN WVUFan1971 2* Pinckney Pirates allpro10050 MGoblue14 2* Egg Harbor Eagles EaglesFan27 EaglesFan27 1* Permian Panthers DeToxRox DeToxRox +=modified in teambuilder

Last edited by Kodos : 07-28-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #21
wade moore
lolzcat

Oh - and what roster are we supposed to be using? Cupcake?

Quote:
Old 07-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

Cupcake.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #23
wade moore
lolzcat

I see Detox listed as the Permian Panthers. Did you maybe do Odessa-Permian for the City? It appears to allow them for cities.

Anyway, to make it look less ugly, I'm changing it to Garfield.

Ok - mine should be good now.

3*
Cupcake Roster
3 A's, 4 B's, 4 C's
Garfield
Listed as a I-A school

I think my bases are covered.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #24
wade moore
lolzcat

Oh, and I'm in Dale City, FL instead of Dale City, VA.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #25
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looks like you've covered the bases.

I had it as Odessa-Permian in the first slot, but Detox just wanted it to be Permian, so no they are Permian and the city is Odessa.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-28-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #26
wade moore
lolzcat

Cool. It's really not that big of a deal to me, so not worth stressing over.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #27
Kodos
Resident Alien

If anyone can find a large version of the Miami Hurricanes logo that has the white outline on a color background, could you direct me to it? I'm not really happy with the one I was able to find, but they seem to usually come on a white background that doesn't let you keep the white outline around the logo.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-28-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Thanks in advance for doin this Kodos. This seems like one big headache to get off the ground and I truly appreciate it.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #29
Kodos
Resident Alien

It has been a pain in the butt, but hopefully we'll get a lot of fun out of it in the coming year.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #30
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:

Code:
East (Florida): 5* +Miami Hurricanes CPU 4* +USF Bulls CPU 3* Gar-Field Indians wade moore wademoore 2* Gibbs Gladiators Mike1409 Mike1409 2* Fairport Red Raiders Kodos Kodos For Prez 1* Allendale cmp The Worm II West (Texas): 5* +Texas Tech CPU 4* +TCU CPU 3* Tucker Mountain Lions WVUFAN eroy486 2* Pinckney Pirates allpro10050 MGoblue14 2* Egg Harbor Eagles EaglesFan27 EaglesFan27 1* Permian Panthers DeToxRox DeToxRox +=modified in teambuilder

My gamertag is wvufan1971.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #31
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep. Just saw that in the Madden thread. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #32
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, I grabbed the roster that EF27 put under his gamertag.

Here's what still needs to happen from my mini-test franchise setup yesterday:

Allendale: Needs to employ the recruting 3 A's, 4 B's, 4 C's rule, unless they want more of a challenge (they rated themselves low almost across the board).

Garfield has too many stars, and is rated too high in the recruiting categories.

Tucker also needs to adjust their recruiting rankings - they're too high.

I wasn't able to find MGoblue14's Pinckney Pirates yet. Just looked on the web in Teambuilder, and it doesn't find anything for MGoblue14.

As soon as I get a chance here today I will update my team. I'm going to use cmp343 as my gamertag instead of The Worm II
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #33
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
As soon as I get a chance here today I will update my team. I'm going to use cmp343 as my gamertag instead of The Worm II

I'll update this in my lists.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #34
Kodos
Resident Alien

Code:
East (Florida): 5* +Miami Hurricanes CPU 4* +USF Bulls CPU 3* Gar-Field Indians wade moore wademoore 2* Gibbs Gladiators Mike1409 Mike1409 2* Fairport Red Raiders Kodos Kodos For Prez 1* Allendale cmp cmp343 West (Texas): 5* +Texas Tech CPU 4* +TCU CPU 3* Tucker Mountain Lions WVUFAN WVUFan1971 2* Pinckney Pirates allpro10050 MGoblue14 2* Egg Harbor Eagles EaglesFan27 EaglesFan27 1* Permian Panthers DeToxRox DeToxRox +=modified in teambuilder
Old 07-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just in case you missed it, Kodos. I will be out of town (and away from a computer or Xbox) from Friday morning through Monday night. Hopefully, that doesn't cause me to miss any deadlines or hold anything up. I might check in briefly using my phone during those days, but otherwise will be out of action.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-28-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #36
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, I saw that. Don't worry. We'll make sure you get to do your stuff before we move ahead.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #37
wade moore
lolzcat

And I will be out from Monday until Monday. I may have to take my xbox to my inlaws - that would make it just Tuesday through Friday.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2009, 10:07 PM   #38
Kodos
Resident Alien

Welp, after some research, I can say with confidence that rivalries are f'ed up. One team gets three humans, the entire West conference gets no human rivalries, some have rivals but only outside C*USA. Awesome.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #39
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
WVU - have you posted somewhere what your team is? Do you mind reposting?

Yeah -- Tucker County Mountain Lions -- based in Hambleton (I think I'm in the FL division). Black and Gold uniforms -- Black tops with gold trim, and gold pants. Black helmets with Golden T (exactly like the Tennessee "T" on their helmets, just different color.

Academic Prestige -- C
Campus Lifestyle -- C
Coach Experience -- B
Coach Prestige -- B
Championship Contender -- A
Athletic Facilities -- B
Fan Base -- C
Pro Potential -- B
Program Stability -- C
Program Tradition -- A
Television Exposure -- A

Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #40
wade moore
lolzcat

Hm... I'm finding some created ones out there that are a little different, but clearly are trying to be the same school.

One has "TC" with the C wrapped around the T and some sort of annoying effect inside.

One has some weird "The Cats" logo.

One has "Tucker County" written out.

One that did what you're saying, but just used the Tennessee logo not modified .

Anyway, I'll try to get this done right tonight. I MAY be able to do it at work, but if not I can tonight.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #41
Kodos
Resident Alien

Some of this may be redundant info. If so, please ignore it.

Allendale (cmp): You need to use the 3 A's, 4 B's, 4 C's rule to modify your recruiting ratings. Also, you need to change your roster to the proper "cupcake" roster.

Pinckney (allpro): I can't find a team when I search by MGoblue14. Please add it or find someone to create it for you.

Tucker (WVUfan): You need to adjust your recruiting, stars, and set your roster to cupcake. I'm confused about what's going on. When I search on WVUFAN1971, it shows Tucker, but you're having Wade create it for you again. Can you no longer make changes to the team due to the problems you mentioned earlier?

Last edited by Kodos : 07-29-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #42
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Hm... I'm finding some created ones out there that are a little different, but clearly are trying to be the same school.

One has "TC" with the C wrapped around the T and some sort of annoying effect inside.

One has some weird "The Cats" logo.

One has "Tucker County" written out.

One that did what you're saying, but just used the Tennessee logo not modified .

Anyway, I'll try to get this done right tonight. I MAY be able to do it at work, but if not I can tonight.

They've changed the helmet logo a couple of times since I graduated. I think they use some picture now, but when I was in school, it was the "T". If you could use that, that would be great!

Old 07-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just tried my first game of Junit's latest sliders which have accuracy way down for the QB. Most games I was over 60-65% with Corp, but ND was constantly pressuring me and with this setting, you just can't pass it if you are under pressure unless you get lucky. I ended up completing 40% (14 of 35) of my passes but 2 of them were plays where I caught them early off the blitz and got long gains out of it.

Meanwhile, Clausen finished with 52% completion, mainly because Taylor Mays was constantly hitting guys causing them to drop his passes. I don't think it was my imagination that even shorter passes seemed to be slightly high, making the CPU's guys have to leap to get them and setting them up for huge hits from the safeties. The good news is that his old sliders were at 35 for accuracy and these are at 10. Either at 10 or somewhere in between, I think we could get end up getting a very realistic number of bad passes. Oh yeah, the truly best part is that while my passes were very inaccurate, none of those were picked. However, I did throw 1 pick when I just made a stupid throw into double coverage.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-29-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:59 PM   #44
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
They've changed the helmet logo a couple of times since I graduated. I think they use some picture now, but when I was in school, it was the "T". If you could use that, that would be great!

Starting this now. Hoping that maybe Kodos is around to get things setup tonight if I can do this quickly.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #45
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Some of this may be redundant info. If so, please ignore it.

Allendale (cmp): You need to use the 3 A's, 4 B's, 4 C's rule to modify your recruiting ratings. Also, you need to change your roster to the proper "cupcake" roster.

Pinckney (allpro): I can't find a team when I search by MGoblue14. Please add it or find someone to create it for you.

Tucker (WVUfan): You need to adjust your recruiting, stars, and set your roster to cupcake. I'm confused about what's going on. When I search on WVUFAN1971, it shows Tucker, but you're having Wade create it for you again. Can you no longer make changes to the team due to the problems you mentioned earlier?

It looks like he's the one I saw where they just took the orange UT logo and worked around it.

WVU - you need to let me know what you want your recruiting settings to be.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #46
wade moore
lolzcat

Dola - oops, it's up in your previous post. Nevermind.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #47
wade moore
lolzcat

I had to take a guess at the shade of gold and the away uni's. Let me know if you want changes, but if not then these are ready for Kodos to grab. (ok, I need about 5 minutes to put in the recruiting rankings)

EDIT: I realized the socks and shoes looked weird - changed them both to black.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 07-29-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #48
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Just tried my first game of Junit's latest sliders which have accuracy way down for the QB. Most games I was over 60-65% with Corp, but ND was constantly pressuring me and with this setting, you just can't pass it if you are under pressure unless you get lucky. I ended up completing 40% (14 of 35) of my passes but 2 of them were plays where I caught them early off the blitz and got long gains out of it.

Meanwhile, Clausen finished with 52% completion, mainly because Taylor Mays was constantly hitting guys causing them to drop his passes. I don't think it was my imagination that even shorter passes seemed to be slightly high, making the CPU's guys have to leap to get them and setting them up for huge hits from the safeties. The good news is that his old sliders were at 35 for accuracy and these are at 10. Either at 10 or somewhere in between, I think we could get end up getting a very realistic number of bad passes. Oh yeah, the truly best part is that while my passes were very inaccurate, none of those were picked. However, I did throw 1 pick when I just made a stupid throw into double coverage.

I played my first dynasty game with those sliders. I am using SMU (1* Prestige) and I beat Western Kentucky 52-31 but was down until the fourth quarter when my one good player, a WR, finally took control. My QB was something like 23 for 48 for 343 yards with 4 TD and 3 INT. I also ran for 120 yards. WKU threw for like 400 yards but had 4 INT. Basically the INT were from just terrible throws that were perfectly okay considering how bad each QB was and it was raining.

I think it was the most satisfying game of NCAA I have played in a long, long time.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #49
WVUFAN
College Starter

That's absolutely perfect, wade. That's what I want the uniforms to look like.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-29-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #50
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
That's absolutely perfect, wade. That's what I want the uniforms to look like.

Sweet - then it's saved on my profile for you Kodos:

FL
3 *'s
The Recruiting rankings WVU put above
Cupcake

Quote: