Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-16-2014, 01:25 AM   #51
Radii
Head Coach

South Alabama beats Navy 24-7 to open the season. Navy's option was annoying, but in the end they would just have a bunch of moderately long drives that fell short. I think they went for it on 4th down 4 times throughout the game and only converted one (due to drives leaving them with 4th and x from like the 28-32 a lot). We got credit for 8 sacks, but I'm pretty sure some of them were just tackling the QB in the option... not sure, first time i've played against an option team. We got a good number of sacks when we forced them to pass too, but it didn't seem like 8!

On offense, starting RB ran about 28 times for 130 yards and two TD's, backup HB and FB combined for another 10 carries and 50 yards, I didn't need to pass much, ended up throwing about 17 times for 150 yards or something. We only led 10-7 at the half but dominated the second half.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #52
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'll be learning the option on the fly this season. Will probably lead college football in turnovers.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:13 PM   #53
Kodos
Resident Alien

Welp, we had to take the game to OT after missing a short kick to win as time ran out. Luckily we held UAB to a field goal on their first possession, and we were able to run in the winning TD on our first possession. Had fun running the option, but I have a lot to learn.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #54
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
BOOOOOOOOO he might as well call himself a Ute fan....

That's going a bit too far
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #55
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Wow what a game.

The #3 Stanford Cardinals came into Martin Stadium and partied all night on Friday...the Mad Pirate heard of this and felt disrespected so he woke his team up at 4AM. When the team had assembled in the locker room...He showed them photos of the Cardinal players hooping it up out on the town....

When the game started 70 Angry snorting mad Cougars took the field and dominated the #3 team in the land.

Then they started partying on the field...

Up 34-7 late we went to an all wildcat offense featuring multiple interceptions thrown by our C (who really wanted to play QB..so we let him)..not to be out done our TE did his best Logan Thomas impression by likewise lining up at C...when the smoke had cleared WSU had upset Stanford 34-31...

And then the Pirate celebrated.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:23 AM   #56
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Although we(FIU) were the favorite, we still had a surprisingly easy time against Southern Miss, defeating them 35-6 in the season opener.

There seemed to always be open holes to run through as my starting RB ran 44 times for 294 yards.

The defense was also excellent as Southern Miss went 0-11 on 3rd down.

I'm sure all of our games won't be like this, so we'll just enjoy it while we can!
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #57
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 3 - Deadline is 1/25 (Sat) at 11 p.m. EST

On to Week 3!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:44 PM   #58
heybrad
Norm!!!

Good start to the season for Old Dominion as RB William Chapman takes the first snap of the season 75 yards for the TD. That set the tone for a 38-17 victory over Akron and it could have been much more of a blowout than it was.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #59
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Completed my game and it shows all ready to advance now
Old 01-24-2014, 10:50 PM   #60
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 4 - Deadline is 1/30 (Thurs) at 11 p.m. EST

We're on to Week 4. Decided to see how this week goes before adjusting the sliders.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #61
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Posted in the sliders thread..but just finished my game and wow what a different game that was.

If you didnt make tweaks to the sliders Im not sure what accounts for the difference I saw in playing there. Not only did we lose to a lesser team than we played the past 3 weeks but they were crazy dominant along both lines..
Old 01-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #62
Kodos
Resident Alien

Didn't touch sliders yet.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:44 AM   #63
Radii
Head Coach

South Alabama gets back on track with a dominant win over Marshall at home. 3 TD's and around 200 yards rushing for my #1 HB Carter, he had a huge day as we ran and ran and ran with a 2 TD lead for most of the second half. I think the final was 48-26, a nice feeling after getting stomped by Western Kentucky last week.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:10 AM   #64
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Well that ended up being a close, scary game for FIU. We were up 21-0 at halftime, but that lead dwindled away and NC State tied the game up at 28 with 1:08 left in the 4th. Somehow, we got behind their secondary and scored to go up 35-28 with 0:29 left. Our Special Teams and Secondary failed us again though, but thankfully we we able to bat the ball down in the endzone as time expired to escape with the win.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #65
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
That was unexpected. After our dismal performance against Troy last week, I expected to go into Lubbock and be treated by Texas Tech like I was Adam James complaining about a headache.

But lo and behold, we leave town with a 21-13 win. I'll take it!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #66
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like we're good to advance!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #67
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 5 - Deadline is 2/4 (Tues) at 11 p.m. EST

On to week 5.

Last edited by Kodos : 01-30-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #68
heybrad
Norm!!!

Just had the most fun football gaming experience with my victory over Utah State. I ran a kickoff back 103 yards and I won the game on a last second field goal.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #69
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Can you edit the pyramid in the first post? Teams are no longer accurate. Thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 06:55 AM   #70
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 6 - Deadline is 2/10 (Mon) at 11 p.m. EST

On to week 6. See the sliders thread for slider adjustments made this week.

=============== Florida Atlantic Owls (3-1) ===============
Last week, Florida Atlantic won 31-10 against Duke (1-2).
This week, the Owls are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Florida Atlantic targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) FB Anthony Stephens has committed to Troy

=============== FIU Golden Panthers (4-0) ===============
Last week, FIU won 10-7 against Wake Forest (2-2).
This week, the Golden Panthers travel to Louisville to face the #22 Louisville Cardinals (2-2).

=============== Old Dominion Monarchs (3-0) ===============
Last week, Old Dominion won 27-24 against Utah State (0-3).
This week, the Monarchs travel to Houston to face the Rice Owls (1-4).
In recruiting news, the following Old Dominion targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR David Hopkins has committed to Akron

=============== South Alabama Jaguars (3-1) ===============
Last week, South Alabama won 28-21 against USF (1-3).
This week, the Jaguars are idle.
In recruiting news, the following South Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) FB Anthony Stephens has committed to Troy

=============== Washington State Cougars (2-1) ===============
Last week the Cougars were idle.
This week, the Cougars travel to Berkeley to face the California Golden Bears (3-1).

=============== Texas State Bobcats (3-1) ===============
Last week, Texas State won 20-17 against Rice (1-4).
This week, the Bobcats travel to El Paso to face the UTEP Miners (4-0).
In recruiting news, the following Texas State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LE William Harris has committed to Rice

=============== UTEP Miners (4-0) ===============
Last week, UTEP won 55-20 against UTSA (1-2).
This week, the Miners will host Texas State (3-1).
In recruiting news, the following UTEP targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LE William Harris has committed to Rice

Last edited by Kodos : 02-07-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:56 AM   #71
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Can you edit the pyramid in the first post? Teams are no longer accurate. Thanks

Will do this tonight.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #72
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Hey Cartman, is there a particular day/time that works for you? Regarding our head to head game this week?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:09 PM   #73
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Came out with the upset and beat Louisville. Barely. 7-0. My QB went 1/10, their QB went 22/31. 6 sacks for our defense and 182 yards rushing for our offense put us over the top though.

On an upsetting note, we lost our star RB for the season. He was leading the nation in rushing yards, so that hurts.

Last edited by vex : 02-06-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #74
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post

Done.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #75
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Hey Cartman, is there a particular day/time that works for you? Regarding our head to head game this week?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've had people here visiting since Thursday night. This week looks wide open, so lemme know what works best for you.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:52 AM   #76
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've had people here visiting since Thursday night. This week looks wide open, so lemme know what works best for you.

I'm on east coast time, the later the better for me. Do you want to try either tonight or Tuesday night? If so, does a 10pm eastern time start work for you?
Old 02-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #77
heybrad
Norm!!!

I've had a super busy week/weekend but I'll have my game in just before the deadline tonight.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:58 AM   #78
Kodos
Resident Alien

No worries. We'll hold until everyone is ready.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #79
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I'm on east coast time, the later the better for me. Do you want to try either tonight or Tuesday night? If so, does a 10pm eastern time start work for you?

Yeah, let's shoot for 10pm Eastern tonight
Old 02-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #80
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Wow what a game!

Early on I could run the ball at will but couldn't convert in the redzone and couldnt slow down Cal.

So after 2 possessions each it was 14-6.
Then they drover straight down again to make it 21-6.
Driving to tie it up my RB bobbled a swing pass wide open and their CB scooped it off the grass and returned it 70 yards..we challenged but despite an obvious call even to the hometown Cal crowd the ref's let it stand and I trailed 28-6. Worse yet my starting QB suffered a concussion trying to tackle the returner and was lost for the game.

The back up came in and threw a desperation heave for a 79 yard TD right before half and we went in the lockeroom down 28-13.

We managed to score the only points of the 3rd quarter and went into the 4th down 28-20.

A TD and missed 2 pulled me into a 28-26 game.
Defense holds and we are driving for the go ahead when disaster strikes and our QB fumbles a QB keeper, the Bears returned it 59 yards seeming to put the game on ice...BUT WAIT after a review the call is overturned and I keep the ball still 2 now 4th and 13. We convert the 4th down and go on to score a TD to take a 33-28 lead. We had tried to melt the clock but were unable and were forced to KO to Cal with 58 seconds left.

Then they proceeded to 2 play 88 yard drive TD us and when we stopped them on the 2 pt attempt we found our selves down 34-33 with 38 seconds on the clock.

Our starting QB still thought he was Batman and the shaky freshman was forced to try and win it. Other than the 79 yard bomb he had 1 other completion for 14 yards at this point. 3 consecutive Slants (on different formation packages) later and we were staring down a 40 yard FG to win with 6 seconds on the clock.

Cal tried unsuccessfully to ice my kicker by calling 3 consecutive timeouts and we piped the 40 yarder to take the lead with 3 seconds on the clock.

Just an easy kick off and we get out of here with the win...until On No..he is coming out of the end zone..he busts through the D and is all alone at the 40, 50, 40, 35, 30 and then...we ran him down from behind and tackled him on the 18 yard line with no time left to preserve the victory..

What a weird fawking game. But a W is a W
Old 02-10-2014, 10:36 PM   #81
cartman
Death Herald

Great game, Grammaticus!

I thought it was going to be a blow out early. I couldn't do anything on offense in the first half, and they only thing that kept me in the game were recovering two fumbles and getting a pick in the end zone. I started to move the ball better in the second half, and made a game out of it. We traded touchdowns in the 4th quarter, and he got a late drive to try a long field goal to keep the game from going into overtime. It fell just short. I won the toss, and took the defense. He got a touchdown, but it was a battle. I think it might have taken 10 plays. I got the ball, and made decent yardage on first down, but he stopped me on 2nd and 3rd down. On 4th down my tight end was open, but the ball got tipped and that was it. 27-20 UTEP over Texas State.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:53 AM   #82
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Definitely a great game Cartman.

I was driving the ball fairly well early on and your defense came up with some great turnovers. We both had something like 3 sacks in the game, but your D got two turnovers out of yours. That pick in the end zone was an "oh shiznit" moment. I had a guy on a post route to my left wide open. I was looking at him and thinking that was where I was going to throw. Instead of hitting the Y button I jammed down the A button and "bam", no points in the red zone.

You got the big QB rolling pretty good on some crucial runs in the second half, along with a few key receptions. I thought you were going to score with little time on the clock. When I got the ball back and drove down the field and made the 46 yard FG attempt with 2 seconds on the clock, I thought it would be good, I think I made a 45 yarder earler, but....just short of the post.

Nothing like an OT nail biter.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #83
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 7 - Deadline is 2/16 (Sun) at 11 p.m. EST

We're on to Week 7! We finally got our first commit.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:07 AM   #84
Radii
Head Coach

We absolutely smashed Central Florida at their place, 42-0. They got the opening kickoff and threw an INT on their first play. Another INT at the opening of the second quarter and it was basically over before halftime. My offense really wasn't that spectacular or anything, but theirs was just atrocious.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:33 PM   #85
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

We get our first commit. A JUCO Athlete rated an 81 overall. The computer thinks hes a WR..but we see him as a RB long term.

The game was an interesting one. With 9 recruits in the house we hit on nearly every goal (except the 50 yard FG WTF...if we had a 50 yard FG kicker we wouldnt need this kid)

We blew out the #25 OSU Beavers..but every score seemed like a struggle.
The 2nd play of the game saw their RT go down with an injury...and it proved fatal as we sacked the QB 8 times all off that right side with the DE, the OLB and finally the SS getting in on the action..

2 top 25 victories...and we might break into the top 25..
Old 02-12-2014, 08:33 PM   #86
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep. I think our settings are still too easy.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #87
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Yep. I think our settings are still too easy.

Agreed. I wish there was some way to make the games more competitive without making the gameplay sluggish and feel squashed..unfortunately I'm not sure that combo exists.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #88
Kodos
Resident Alien

The Pyramid - Sliders - Part II - Front Office Football Central

New poll about sliders.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #89
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 8 - Deadline is 2/22 (Sat) at 11 p.m. EST

We're on to the next week. No adjustments to sliders this week.

Last edited by Kodos : 02-16-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:37 PM   #90
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

We won..but if not for 2 90+ KR TDs we wouldnt have.

Couple quick thoughts.
- Is everyone seeing the "Is coaching his 1st game" at the beginning of every week?

Regarding sliders...
For me running is...maybe too easy. Where as passing is a challenge. If I have time to pass no one is open. This game I literally got 9 yards every single time I ran the ball out of a shotgun set. It reached the point where I felt like I was cheesing to run the ball and forced myself to try and pass and nearly lost the game doing so. I like to run the ball...a lot. And maybe this was just a D that was coming after the pass (they did lined up in 3-3-5 nickel every down)

But for me and my play style running could be nerfed a touch but passing is...i dont know needs tweaking. Not sure how you get that...though I suspect that playing with the PI settings would lead to some windows. Right now Im seeing either wide open busts or no way to get a ball in there. All my WR are rated in the 80s overall FWIW.

(Not asking the sliders to be tweaked to suit me, just giving more detailed thoughts since I know they are under consideration)
Old 02-20-2014, 07:59 AM   #91
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
- Is everyone seeing the "Is coaching his 1st game" at the beginning of every week?

Yes, I get this as well.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #92
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
We won..but if not for 2 90+ KR TDs we wouldnt have.

I wonder if we should/can tweak sliders to make this harder? I returned two kicks for TDs last week.

Last edited by Kodos : 02-20-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:23 AM   #93
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Regarding sliders...
For me running is...maybe too easy. Where as passing is a challenge. If I have time to pass no one is open. This game I literally got 9 yards every single time I ran the ball out of a shotgun set. It reached the point where I felt like I was cheesing to run the ball and forced myself to try and pass and nearly lost the game doing so. I like to run the ball...a lot. And maybe this was just a D that was coming after the pass (they did lined up in 3-3-5 nickel every down)

But for me and my play style running could be nerfed a touch but passing is...i dont know needs tweaking. Not sure how you get that...though I suspect that playing with the PI settings would lead to some windows. Right now Im seeing either wide open busts or no way to get a ball in there. All my WR are rated in the 80s overall FWIW.

The read option is definitely too effective out of the shotgun (I don't know if you were using that). The D goes for the RB over 80% of the time, and it's an easy 10 yards. Passing is definitely harder than running. And the deep ball for me is much harder than in 2013. It's usually a pick unless the guy is WIDE open.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #94
Radii
Head Coach

beat NC Stqte at home 34-14.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #95
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I wonder if we should/can tweak sliders to make this harder? I returned two kicks for TDs last week.

I know this is weird and random but after some testing in SP, Im around 60% KRTD on kOs where the ball is kicked left of center and 0% on KOs right of Center

(Left and right are designated as if I am the return man)

Quote:
The read option is definitely too effective out of the shotgun (I don't know if you were using that). The D goes for the RB over 80% of the time, and it's an easy 10 yards. Passing is definitely harder than running. And the deep ball for me is much harder than in 2013. It's usually a pick unless the guy is WIDE open.

Not using the option much and then only out of under center. Not using read option any at all really. These are shotgun called runs "45 base" "wide trap"
Old 02-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #96
Kodos
Resident Alien

Man, my team fumbles all the time, even on non-option plays. It seems like the computer never fumbles.

Of course, I throw tons of picks too. We'll lead the nations in turnovers at season's end.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:14 AM   #97
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

you arent switching hands on purpose or accident are you?
IF you switch ball carry hands (new on 14) its almost a guarantee fumble ime
Old 02-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #98
Kodos
Resident Alien

Nope, unless I am doing it by accident. I use the RB (cover up) button religiously.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #99
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow Week 9 - Deadline is 3/1 (Sat) at 11 p.m. EST

Everyone is back in action for week 9.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #100
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

What a strange strange game this 14 is...

Still aint close to figuring it out.