Groundhog
Coordinator

I guess ball don't lie in NFL either?
Old 01-20-2019, 08:17 PM   #1302
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Don’t think he touched it. Also don’t think you can say there is concrete evidence to overturn the call.

Time to put sensors into the ball. Lol.

I think there was enough evidence that he didn't when you piece it together. For each part that may have been in question to touch it there was another angle that showed that part didn't touch it.

I wanted it to show that he did touch it but realistically he didn't.

Not that he should be celebrating because he was trying to get it. He failed so badly at trying to get the ball that it worked in his favor this time.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #1303
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

I really hope that missed call doesn't lead to any sort of instant replay review for penalties. So many of those plays are bang-bang to the naked eye but become evident on review with the benefit of slow-motion and different angles. The same goes for False Starts, Holding, etc.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:26 PM   #1304
bob
College Starter

That was a super weak roughing the passer call
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:41 PM   #1305
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I think new england let them.in
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:43 PM   #1306
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I think there was enough evidence that he didn't when you piece it together. For each part that may have been in question to touch it there was another angle that showed that part didn't touch it.

I wanted it to show that he did touch it but realistically he didn't.

Not that he should be celebrating because he was trying to get it. He failed so badly at trying to get the ball that it worked in his favor this time.

Totally agree with this. I wish he did, I think that would have been the dagger at the time.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #1307
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Not sure how many times I have thought 39 seconds was leaving too much time on the clock...
Old 01-20-2019, 09:00 PM   #1308
kingfc22
Head Coach

That was one hell of a 4th quarter
Old 01-20-2019, 09:11 PM   #1309
Butter
Coordinator

Great day of football regardless of who wins here.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:12 PM   #1310
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Great day of football regardless of who wins here.

+1

Unless it's the Pats.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 01-20-2019 at 09:13 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:14 PM   #1311
PilotMan
Head Coach

fucking seriously? again with this bullshit?

how depressing.

Like Steam?

Old 01-20-2019, 09:14 PM   #1312
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Pats dynasty started with a win over the Rams in the Super Bowl. Hopefully, it ends with a loss to them in the Super Bowl.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:16 PM   #1313
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Hindsight is 20/20, I understand why KC kicked the FG with 11 seconds left. I think they should have taken one more shot to the end zone.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:16 PM   #1314
bob
College Starter

Romo is a genius. Called everything in the 4th quarter.

NFL OT rules suck ass
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:17 PM   #1315
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Ugh, that Dee Ford offside though on the game clinching interception (not the call itself, but him lining up in the neutral zone).
Old 01-20-2019, 09:18 PM   #1316
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
fucking seriously? again with this bullshit?

how depressing.

Agreed.

Though it is a little ironic coming from a Bisons fan.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:20 PM   #1317
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well this is another superbowl I won't be watching.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:23 PM   #1318
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Did Brady drop the f-bomb in his postgame interview?
Old 01-20-2019, 09:27 PM   #1319
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Romo is a genius. Called everything in the 4th quarter.

NFL OT rules suck ass

Agreed. Glad that CBS has the Super Bowl (something I used to loathe when it was Phil Simms). Romo has passed Collinsworth for me as the best colour guy, and they are both still light years ahead of any #3.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:28 PM   #1320
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Hindsight is 20/20, I understand why KC kicked the FG with 11 seconds left. I think they should have taken one more shot to the end zone.

I was thinking this to, was pleasantly surprised.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:29 PM   #1321
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:

Agree. Did anyone expect the Pats to lose in OT? Worth the gamble I think.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #1322
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Agree. Did anyone expect the Pats to lose in OT? Worth the gamble I think.

Leaving it up to a coin flip, I'd take the shot.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:49 PM   #1323
molson
General Manager

Yet another glorious fuck you to the people who have been dicks to me just because of the team I've rooted for for 35 years. Including my girlfriend's parents, who are very nice to me otherwise, they just hate the Patriots so hard and take all that out on me. I have learned so much about human nature in the last two decades and have literally gained and lost respect for people based on how they deal with my stupid sports ball team being awesome through nothing I personally ever did, but I'm still somehow morally responsible for their pain and jealousy. In 2001 I was hardcore Boston sports fan, 23 years old, used to my teams looking good for a bit and then always fucking it up at the end - this Patriots run is just so far beyond anything I could have ever expected, they just keep winning (and the other 3 Boston teams also won championships in the meantime). People love to tell me it will be so devastating when Brady and Bellichick leave, but if none of my teams ever win another game, I'm cool, this has been so much more fun than I ever thought being a sports fan could be.

Last edited by molson : 01-20-2019 at 10:17 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:51 PM   #1324
Groundhog
Coordinator

The exact opposite Superbowl that I'd hoped for after today, but hey, at least I've got a team to root against in Brady/Patriots...
Old 01-20-2019, 09:57 PM   #1325
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Agreed.

Though it is a little ironic coming from a Bisons fan.

The irony isn't lost on me. HOWEVER....

2 different coaches, 3 different QB's. Nobody more than 5 years with the team.

I can appreciate the sentiment. For sure.

{edit: It's Bison fan. Bisons play in Buffalo )

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 01-20-2019 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:28 PM   #1326
cuervo72
Head Coach

Fair enough, PilotMan. (And I guess I can accept that the Bison play all together as one huge animal, a la Voltron.)

Last year I said I wasn't going to watch another Patriots Super Bowl, and relented only because the Eagles were in it. I may follow through on that this year. I just can't stand watching them. Go Rams, but I may just have to check in after the game.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:37 PM   #1327
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I think new england let them.in

I think so too...I was begging them to watching the game...
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:55 PM   #1328
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I’m pretty sure Bucc would be happy with this Super Bowl outcome
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:00 AM   #1329
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Rams attempted a 57 yarder with 12 mins left in overtime? That’s ballsy. If he misses that it’s trouble.

(Was busy working, sorry)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:02 AM   #1330
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Zuerlein is a great kicker. He can easily hit those. My concern was essentially giving up on 2nd and 3rd down and settling for a 57 yd attempt.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:25 AM   #1331
tarcone
Coordinator

The NFL got what it wanted.

I won’t be watching. Too bad for the Saints. Bad year to be the best team in your conference with the Rams.

NFL is as corrupt a league as you will find. Hope the AAFL turns into something. Or the XFL.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #1332
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Epic game. From the 10 minute mark of the 4th quarter on there was like a season's worth of huge swings and great football. (And although there were a dozen close calls I'm glad it was the other game where the winner benefited from an egregious call.) Special thanks to everyone who says Brady is a diva who hates Belichick, and Gronkowski hates football/should retire, etc, because clearly it's fueling their fire and extending this dynasty.

View this post on Instagram

W

A post shared by Tom Brady (@tombrady) on

BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:24 AM   #1333
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
The NFL got what it wanted.

I won’t be watching. Too bad for the Saints. Bad year to be the best team in your conference with the Rams.

NFL is as corrupt a league as you will find. Hope the AAFL turns into something. Or the XFL.

Humor me as I have been hearing this stupidity all across my social media from friends in St. Louis and Kansas City. Why does the NFL care about LA/Boston? This isn't the World Series or NBA playoffs. I think the Super Bowl would have done just fine with any of the 4 matchups and in fact think Saints/Pats or Saints/Chiefs would have gotten better ratings.

Shitty call in New Orleans, absolutely. Deep conspiracy? Pretty dumb to think so. And I don't even know the supposed conspiracy in Kansas City. The NFL made Andy Reid kick a field goal with 12 seconds left? The NFL used a double sided quarter? The NFL made KC's defense swiss cheese?
Old 01-21-2019, 08:29 AM   #1334
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Btw I do wonder if/when this will lead to pass interference becoming reviewable. The quote from (Rans CB) Robey-Coleman is absurd
Quote:
"I didn't look back at the ball. I didn't play the ball. If I had played the ball, then it would've been a different story. ... And then the ref said, like, it looked it was a tip. Like, it was, like, tipped. So I was like, 'OK, cool.'"
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:31 AM   #1335
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Yet another glorious fuck you to the people who have been dicks to me just because of the team I've rooted for for 35 years. Including my girlfriend's parents, who are very nice to me otherwise, they just hate the Patriots so hard and take all that out on me. I have learned so much about human nature in the last two decades and have literally gained and lost respect for people based on how they deal with my stupid sports ball team being awesome through nothing I personally ever did, but I'm still somehow morally responsible for their pain and jealousy. In 2001 I was hardcore Boston sports fan, 23 years old, used to my teams looking good for a bit and then always fucking it up at the end - this Patriots run is just so far beyond anything I could have ever expected, they just keep winning (and the other 3 Boston teams also won championships in the meantime). People love to tell me it will be so devastating when Brady and Bellichick leave, but if none of my teams ever win another game, I'm cool, this has been so much more fun than I ever thought being a sports fan could be.

You root for evil, that makes you evil. Sorry man.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:51 AM   #1336
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I was at church when the controversial call was made, I went back and watched the Rams drive to tie through the end of regulation this AM.

I heard about it before, and saw the replay last night, but the face mask on Goff on the previous drive should have been called. His hand turns Goff's head, and it was not called. It was a 5 yard variety, but it would have given the Rams a first down inside the 5. Rams score a TD there, that changes the subsequent drive of the Saints.

The Saints hit the big play to Ginn (Joyner should have made the INT there). Inside the 20, at your home stadium, at the two minute warning. What do they do? They throw the ball. Rams had two time outs there, run the ball, force them to burn the time outs. They do not, and the Rams are able to have time and drive down for the tying FG.

Another item, the Saints played at home. Were gifted the ball inside the Rams 20 on the Rams first possession, and came away with 3 points only.

Later in the game, score is 20-17. Rams are backed up and punt from their end zone. The refs throw a flag when the Rams up back throws a block into the hips of an oncoming Saint. Flag is thrown for a chop block. That gives the Saints the ball on the Rams side of the 50. They lose 7 yards on the possession and are forced to punt.

The Saints had a 13 point lead, at home. The Rams had trouble communicating, especially early in the game on offense. The Rams best offensive player (Gurley) sat on the sidelines most of the game. You get the ball first in OT. Most questionable calls in the game went in the Saints favor. This was the case in week 9. This was the same crew that in week 9, missed Hekker making a first down on a fake punt, and then refused to overrule it on review (important because I feel if the Rams make that, they win that game, and this game is in LA).

All these things go in their favor, and they are irate because one call goes against them? In real time that is a bang bang play, and while a missed call, was not as egregious as it appears in slow motion.

I think it also is a reflection on the coaches, Payton feels he was robbed in a game where he had a 13 point lead at home. Received the kick off in OT. And he is crying about one bad call? The Rams have been a reflection of their coach. Professional. This game could easily have gotten away from them. They overcame a 13 point deficit. They tied the game at 20. They went from their 25 to the NO 33 in a minute to set up a tying FG (wound up being from the 30, in slightly more time, but they were in FG range with 40 sec on the clock).

The Saints had their chances to win and they didn't. The Rams played the hand they were dealt and came out with a win.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:53 AM   #1337
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Another topic, I really think part of the reason for everyone making such a big deal over this is a lot of the talking heads who picked the Saints are having to eat crow.

Also, for Payton, making it about the refs means he is not having to answer to his poor play calling in the game, especially late.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:47 AM   #1338
tarcone
Coordinator

Being from St Louis and watching the NFL rip the team from us so they could have teams in LA and how the league went about, makes me feel like I do.
The lawsuits the NFL is losing just reinforces my feelings.

The NFL and Enos tanked for years to get to LA. It’s obvious when they sucked in St. Louis and now are in the SB.

F the NFL.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:48 AM   #1339
Kodos
Resident Alien

Jeff Fisher explains all the losing without a conspiracy. It sucks losing your team, yes, but there was no conspiracy.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:02 PM   #1340
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Being from St Louis and watching the NFL rip the team from us so they could have teams in LA and how the league went about, makes me feel like I do.
The lawsuits the NFL is losing just reinforces my feelings.

The NFL and Enos tanked for years to get to LA. It’s obvious when they sucked in St. Louis and now are in the SB.

F the NFL.

Okay, I'm not saying you're wrong about the intentions of the Rams under Kroenke to set themselves up yo move back to LA. And I agree the NFL was likely to want to help them do that, too. And any time an area/city loses a team, it's sad for those fans and unfair and it sucks.

But for you to make all this huff and not even acknowledge that you had that team for EXACTLY the same circumstances? An owner and her hand-picked GM skunked a very good LA Rams team in the 90s, just so she could take her sweetheart deal in St. Louis. Mind you, this is also an owner whom there were questions about when her husband died (a strong swimmer drowning in his swimming pool). This team went to the Super Bowl in 1980 for LA. This team had the Fearsome Foursome, Bob Waterfield, Norm Van Brocklin, the great 1970s Rams teams, Eric Dickerson and the Jim Everett teams. They were 40 years in LA. They are THE Los Angeles franchise.

They were ripped from their home even worse than what Kroenke did to you, by a bitch of an owner. A franchise with a well established history in the city and in the league. A fanbase that had backed them for three generations. You got them for 20 years after that travesty of a move AND you even got a frickin' Super Bowl win out of it.

Has the whole affair been F'd up for both LA and St. Louis fans? Hell yea. We're all pawns for high-stakes business games by greedy billionaire owners and shady football league politics.

But come off it man. Doing your whine and not even acknowledging the past prior to the Rams in St. Louis?

I hope you guys get a team again, one you will support in good or bad. But let it be YOUR team. And not someone else's.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #1341
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Jeff Fisher explains all the losing without a conspiracy. It sucks losing your team, yes, but there was no conspiracy.

Jeff Fisher was the oilers coach when they moved to TN. He had experience in the process. He was also an average coach that was conservative. Made for boring football.

The plan did not work out as planned. The St. Louis rams home attendance average was better in our bad years than the LA rams in their playoff years.

St. Louis had a stadium plan in place. There was no reason for them to leave.

St. Louis did everything right. The NFL broke its own rules to move the rams back to LA.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #1342
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Okay, I'm not saying you're wrong about the intentions of the Rams under Kroenke to set themselves up yo move back to LA. And I agree the NFL was likely to want to help them do that, too. And any time an area/city loses a team, it's sad for those fans and unfair and it sucks.

But for you to make all this huff and not even acknowledge that you had that team for EXACTLY the same circumstances? An owner and her hand-picked GM skunked a very good LA Rams team in the 90s, just so she could take her sweetheart deal in St. Louis. Mind you, this is also an owner whom there were questions about when her husband died (a strong swimmer drowning in his swimming pool). This team went to the Super Bowl in 1980 for LA. This team had the Fearsome Foursome, Bob Waterfield, Norm Van Brocklin, the great 1970s Rams teams, Eric Dickerson and the Jim Everett teams. They were 40 years in LA. They are THE Los Angeles franchise.

They were ripped from their home even worse than what Kroenke did to you, by a bitch of an owner. A franchise with a well established history in the city and in the league. A fanbase that had backed them for three generations. You got them for 20 years after that travesty of a move AND you even got a frickin' Super Bowl win out of it.

Has the whole affair been F'd up for both LA and St. Louis fans? Hell yea. We're all pawns for high-stakes business games by greedy billionaire owners and shady football league politics.

But come off it man. Doing your whine and not even acknowledging the past prior to the Rams in St. Louis?

I hope you guys get a team again, one you will support in good or bad. But let it be YOUR team. And not someone else's.

St. Louis has the cardinals stole from them by Bidwell.

But I don’t see the NFL pushing for them to move back to St. Louis.

And Stan enos kroenke is named after Stan Musial and enos slaughter. Roots in St. Louis.

But enos wanted the land. And he lives in Malibu. And the NFL wanted back in LA.

The NFL lost one suit already (settled) and will lose the next.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:54 PM   #1343
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We should have built a stadium back when Bidwill wanted one with the St. Louis Cardinals. That was the team I grew up loving and cheering for.

The Rams move here was a great mostly because of what Dick Vermeil did as head coach. I'm not mad they left.. just the way it all went down was a bit crappy as a fan. Everyone knew they were leaving so why all the NFL BS?

I will have my Rams gear on though - I cannot stand the Patriots and I'll root hard for a beat down by the Rams!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #1344
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was at church when the controversial call was made, I went back and watched the Rams drive to tie through the end of regulation this AM.

I heard about it before, and saw the replay last night, but the face mask on Goff on the previous drive should have been called. His hand turns Goff's head, and it was not called. It was a 5 yard variety, but it would have given the Rams a first down inside the 5. Rams score a TD there, that changes the subsequent drive of the Saints.

The Saints hit the big play to Ginn (Joyner should have made the INT there). Inside the 20, at your home stadium, at the two minute warning. What do they do? They throw the ball. Rams had two time outs there, run the ball, force them to burn the time outs. They do not, and the Rams are able to have time and drive down for the tying FG.

Another item, the Saints played at home. Were gifted the ball inside the Rams 20 on the Rams first possession, and came away with 3 points only.

Later in the game, score is 20-17. Rams are backed up and punt from their end zone. The refs throw a flag when the Rams up back throws a block into the hips of an oncoming Saint. Flag is thrown for a chop block. That gives the Saints the ball on the Rams side of the 50. They lose 7 yards on the possession and are forced to punt.

The Saints had a 13 point lead, at home. The Rams had trouble communicating, especially early in the game on offense. The Rams best offensive player (Gurley) sat on the sidelines most of the game. You get the ball first in OT. Most questionable calls in the game went in the Saints favor. This was the case in week 9. This was the same crew that in week 9, missed Hekker making a first down on a fake punt, and then refused to overrule it on review (important because I feel if the Rams make that, they win that game, and this game is in LA).

All these things go in their favor, and they are irate because one call goes against them? In real time that is a bang bang play, and while a missed call, was not as egregious as it appears in slow motion.

I think it also is a reflection on the coaches, Payton feels he was robbed in a game where he had a 13 point lead at home. Received the kick off in OT. And he is crying about one bad call? The Rams have been a reflection of their coach. Professional. This game could easily have gotten away from them. They overcame a 13 point deficit. They tied the game at 20. They went from their 25 to the NO 33 in a minute to set up a tying FG (wound up being from the 30, in slightly more time, but they were in FG range with 40 sec on the clock).

The Saints had their chances to win and they didn't. The Rams played the hand they were dealt and came out with a win.

"There are other reasons why" doesn't negate the fact that the blown PI call was a direct reason they lost the game. All of those things you posted are true...and yet, it doesn't diminish the fact that had that Pass Interference call been made, as it should have, the Saints have a 99.9% chance of winning that game.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:34 PM   #1345
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It turns out that losing on what most people are calling the most significant officiating mistake in NFL history hurts more than losing on a catch-and-run Hail Mary.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #1346
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola: Also, since people are criticizing the play calls, I want to defend them. Sure, the Saints could have run the ball. But the Rams were stopping their run all game, so they would have likely run three times, kicked a field goal, and the Rams would have had the ball down three, with Legatron, and a minute to go.

The first pass ended up with Brees simply missing an open Thomas on the slant. That was a failure of execution, but the call was brilliant. Looking at the play again, that's either a first down or a touchdown if Brees makes the pass.

The second pass was so well schemed that the Rams had to commit blatant PI to prevent a touchdown. Again, the playcall was amazing. But you can't plan for the ref missing a call like that.

So this one will take a while to get over.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 01-21-2019 at 01:40 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:58 PM   #1347
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
"There are other reasons why" doesn't negate the fact that the blown PI call was a direct reason they lost the game. All of those things you posted are true...and yet, it doesn't diminish the fact that had that Pass Interference call been made, as it should have, the Saints have a 99.9% chance of winning that game.

Sure. My point is there were a number of other calls in that game that should have been called (and the Saints should not have relied on one call to win) and were not called or were poor calls. It cuts both ways. Had the Rams gotten the face mask call on the previous drive, and punched it in from the 1 or 2 (having 3 more downs they likely would have, technically 2 since it was on 2nd down, but it was not 100% they get in) the Saints would have needed a TD to go ahead. That was not a guarantee because they had been held to FGs 2 other times inside the Rams 20.

Was it a bad call? Yes. It happens. Then recognize the calls the other way as well, don't cherry pick one bad call because it happened at one point. Had the other calls been called right, all subsequent plays and calls would have been different because it would have been a different situation.

Payton got cute instead of running the ball three straight times and forcing the Rams to burn their time outs and having less than a minute to drive down the field. Payton got burned. When you are in control, don't do anything that puts the game in anyone's hands but your own. The Rams would have been in a much worse spot having to drive down field with less than a minute and no time outs.

Put another way, had this happened in an FOF game, people would be questioning the AI in that sequence.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:00 PM   #1348
tarcone
Coordinator

Are helmet to helmet hits reviewable in the NFL? Or is that just college?

Old 01-21-2019, 02:14 PM   #1349
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Jeff Fisher was the oilers coach when they moved to TN. He had experience in the process. He was also an average coach that was conservative. Made for boring football.

The plan did not work out as planned. The St. Louis rams home attendance average was better in our bad years than the LA rams in their playoff years.

St. Louis had a stadium plan in place. There was no reason for them to leave.

St. Louis did everything right. The NFL broke its own rules to move the rams back to LA.

So was Fisher part of the evil plan of just an unwitting dupe?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:16 PM   #1350
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
So was Fisher part of the evil plan of just an unwitting dupe?

Both. I think he made out like a bandit when they fired him. His brand of ball in LA would have been disastrous.

Hey, we may have lost 2 NFL franchises, but we are getting an MLS team. Yay.