You guys were veritable posting machines compared to the last small game
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #752
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
They were just afraid of you, heh.

I was thinking more along the lines that I just annoyed them more than anyone else.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #753
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Agreed, that was a great reveal by Mustang and I definitely was taking notes on how he did that, since I thoroughly botched the seer reveal in the last small game

Personally, I hated the timing of it.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:56 AM   #754
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Seems a bit silly with everyone was saying "It's quiet here". There's something you can do about that personally and that's post more. Having said that the quietness and jeheinz posting (relatively) lots probably led to him getting caught. If you're the only one posting anything you attract attention to yourself, no matter what it is you're actually saying. Sal got the lucky break drawing Clap in the face off. I'm willing to bet the odds were about 80% in his favour from that point on (can't be bothered doing the maths). He could finish off clap without losing much energy while chances are the winner between Jackal and Packer was going to be well drained. I think whoever had drawn clap would have won.

I'm annoyed that I didn't put more energy into duelling - how much did heinz have in? Anyway, another (minor) victory for me. I've yet to get less than a minor victory in a game. Therefore I rule.

*We won't mention the fact that I can only really claim credit in about 3 of the games. The rest have been more despite me rather than because of me.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #755
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yeah I knew I should have put Clap down as my first choice, but I expected him to get some kind of Kurgan bonus or something - I guess I didn't realize the fact that he would have far less points than everyone. Oh well, it was still fun to be in the final four
Old 09-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #756
path12
Coordinator

I think the quietness was more due to the time of year. I remember it being like this around this time last year. I wasn't being quieter due to being a wolf, I was posting less just because it's been a really busy time for me.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:43 PM   #757
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Seems a bit silly with everyone was saying "It's quiet here". There's something you can do about that personally and that's post more. Having said that the quietness and jeheinz posting (relatively) lots probably led to him getting caught. If you're the only one posting anything you attract attention to yourself, no matter what it is you're actually saying. .

Yeah, I was kind of stuck no matter how I played it. I always talk a lot (typically in the top 3 or so in a game I last awhile in). So my options were to talk like I always do, or try and suddenly go UTR which I thought would get noticed pretty quickly by more than a few folks like clap/Jackal/Alan/you)

Plus, we were down a wolf right off the bat, and I didn't think being passive was really a big benefit in this game.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #758
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Fun game though overall, I enjoyed it. Just a tough break getting nabbed by Mustang.

From what Lathum mentioned to me, being down that 3rd wolf really hurt us. Night kills depended on proximity to your target. So having 3 people really would've given us a lot more chances at night kills. With just path and I we each took a coast and attacked for the same person.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:04 AM   #759
Schmidty
Coordinator

I honestly think Lathum should get bumped up quite a few spots on the waiting list because of this.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:39 AM   #760
The Jackal
Coordinator

It's weird Heinz, everytime you're a wolf I recognize it immediately. It isn't even your play, I don't think, just a feeling. Be wary.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #761
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I recognize heinze s a wolf EVERY time we play

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:06 AM   #762
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
From what Lathum mentioned to me, being down that 3rd wolf really hurt us. Night kills depended on proximity to your target. So having 3 people really would've given us a lot more chances at night kills. With just path and I we each took a coast and attacked for the same person.

How come both you and path voted to lynch the 3rd wolf then? Was it all part of a cunning plan or did circumstances overtake you.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:38 AM   #763
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
It's weird Heinz, everytime you're a wolf I recognize it immediately. It isn't even your play, I don't think, just a feeling. Be wary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I recognize heinze s a wolf EVERY time we play

Yeah but that's because you guys, well, moreso clap think I'm a wolf EVERY game.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:42 AM   #764
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
How come both you and path voted to lynch the 3rd wolf then? Was it all part of a cunning plan or did circumstances overtake you.

Well, we didn't know how night kills worked when we made that call but even still it seemed like the right play. Mrs S was taking heat anyhow for not checking in, BK voted her so she was "in play" as a candidate. Both of us agreed that if she might go down, we should position ourselves to at least benefit from her death. I think we did in the sense that neither path nor I were lynch candidates until later than expected. Path was really only lynched due to the dwindling non-COT folks and I was of course scanned.

So it served it's purpose. We might've even done it had we known how the night-kills worked. It was a (relatively) quiet game. As much as it was painful to lose her in the end (at the time though, she hadn't even PM'd us wolves so for all we know she was totally MIA) it would've been tough to also have us both stick our necks out to "save" her