Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 AM   #101
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

with a 4 way tie right now, I feel I should break the tie. there really is no good way to break a day one tie so I shall just pick one...

Vote clap
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #102
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well it seems like clap was probably random killed D1 more recently. I really hope to be back around, but my days have a tendency to get crazy (though today, I have half of the plan periods I get over six days so I do have some time).

Vote Render
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:03 AM   #103
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

You guys shouldnt lynch me, it would be a bad idea

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #104
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
You guys shouldnt lynch me, it would be a bad idea

Claph, don't you say this day one every game?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #105
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

nope, I usually say "plz don't lynch me"

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #106
saldana
Pro Starter

vote render
no reason really...i abhor ties, especially when we know the tie breaking mechanic like we do here.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:20 AM   #107
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
nope, I usually say "plz don't lynch me"

You should add a lol-cat to that, it might help.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:24 AM   #108
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
vote render
no reason really...i abhor ties, especially when we know the tie breaking mechanic like we do here.

the rules say a random event will happen???? do you know something we don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Each day you will vote for one person to get lynched. The player who receives the most votes will be killed. In the event of a tie a random result will be produced.

SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:25 AM   #109
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola random result I should say not event
Old 09-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #110
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote render

since we know from the rules that either or will be lynched and I don't care which.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #111
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

First time I have heard the word 'abhor' in a while.

Well done, sal.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:30 AM   #112
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - guess I should get thisl clarified too.

Question if it's a tie in voting per the rules are we to interperte that a ramdon lynch between the tied parties will happen...not a random event or random lynch of someone who isn't tied....thanks.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #113
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post

Question if it's a tie in voting per the rules are we to interperte that a ramdon lynch between the tied parties will happen...not a random event or random lynch of someone who isn't tied....thanks.

Hah, that would be a rather suprisingly crappy ending

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #114
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
All of the win conditions center around lives.. For the bad guys it is getting to a 1:1 ratio, for good guys it is eliminating all of the bad guys. The cash only matters when trying to go for a bigger type of victory. The bad guy roles have the option to guard their stash, which means the is obviously a way for us to get cash back during the game if we choose wheras we can't get lives back during the game.

So it seems pretty obvious which should be more of a priority for both us and them in our general scheme of thinking.

to bulid on this too...we don't know the % of cash that has to be on hand to win either. We do know the ratio of robbers to customers to win (0:2 at minimum)....that is what I'm trying for at this point.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #115
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hah, that would be a rather suprisingly crappy ending

ya that's why I want it clarified or I would switch to a "for sure" lynch vs. a "maybe" lynch.

even though the duke role can switch it anyhow too.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #116
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Interesting. That's quite the run on RendeR just out of fear of there being a tie. I thought day ones were all about keeping things tight not pushing one candidate so hard.

RendeR's leading and, yet, he's the only person who there hasn't been any case made against at all. No matter how tenuous, people have put some sort of reasoning for voting Jackal (clap thought was acting suspiciously), clap (Jackal thought was targeting him for no reason) or Purdue (voted one way, explained why he wanted to vote a different way). I realise that in day one you don't want to go reading too much into anything but I'd rather go on some vague suspicion rather than a random vote, based on cronin making a joke and something that happened a couple of games ago.

To me PurdueBrad's "I want to vote for EagleFan but I'll vote for Jackal instead" reasoning is probably the only really suspicious thing I've read all day (barring EagleFan's slightly passive-aggressive "Is Jackal always this talkative"). My only worry with voting PB is that he might not be around to reveal if he's a villager and has a role. On the other hand he won't be around to fake reveal if he's a wolf. As I soon won't be around to change my vote anyway, it doesn't really matter from my point of view now.

Vote PurdueBrad

Soon have to leave until after deadline.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #117
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Interesting. That's quite the run on RendeR just out of fear of there being a tie. I thought day ones were all about keeping things tight not pushing one candidate so hard.

RendeR's leading and, yet, he's the only person who there hasn't been any case made against at all. No matter how tenuous, people have put some sort of reasoning for voting Jackal (clap thought was acting suspiciously), clap (Jackal thought was targeting him for no reason) or Purdue (voted one way, explained why he wanted to vote a different way). I realise that in day one you don't want to go reading too much into anything but I'd rather go on some vague suspicion rather than a random vote, based on cronin making a joke and something that happened a couple of games ago.

To me PurdueBrad's "I want to vote for EagleFan but I'll vote for Jackal instead" reasoning is probably the only really suspicious thing I've read all day (barring EagleFan's slightly passive-aggressive "Is Jackal always this talkative"). My only worry with voting PB is that he might not be around to reveal if he's a villager and has a role. On the other hand he won't be around to fake reveal if he's a wolf. As I soon won't be around to change my vote anyway, it doesn't really matter from my point of view now.

Vote PurdueBrad

It sounds like you are reading things the same as I am so far. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed PB's passive-agressive play this morning. I already called him out on the whole voting for The Jackal while talking up Eaglefan more earlier. The next example of passive-aggressive play from him was after Claphamsa seemed to do his half-hearted reveal-hint, that PB spent more time than others in trying to cloud that picture with his seemingly harmless comments (despite not having his vote on Claphamsa anyways).

It felt to me like PB got the idea that Clap might have a role, and was trying to encourage more votes for him without putting himself on the line for it as well. I thought about moving my vote to Render in order to give Clap the benefit of the doubt based on his comments, but the play by PB makes me feel like I would rather stay there today.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #118
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

RendeR - 5 stcronin (66), Lathum (84), Barkeep (102), Saldana (106), SnDvls (110)
Claphamsa – 3 Jackal (82), Packer (87), NTN (101)
PurdueBrad - 3 EagleFan (75), Alan (99), Narcizo (116)
Jackal – 2 clap (79), PurdueBrad (95)
st cronin – 1 illini (86)

No vote yet - Render, path

(not properly checked - don't have time)

I'd suggest illifan should move his vote. A single vote on anyone is no use to us at this stage.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #119
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

Vote PurdueBrad

Sorry you are correct my vote was ment for clap to cause a tie again as you can see from my reasoning in my original vote...I'm correcting that now

unvote render
vote clap

this was my original intention to cause the tie....however if a random lynch happens and doesn't involve any of the tied people then I'll change it.

sorry again for any confusion I had my number for render and clap reversed it's corrected now.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:00 AM   #120
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

What the hell's that in Alan's quote of me?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:03 AM   #121
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

lol, tongue faces all over!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #122
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

UNVOTE CLAP
VOTE PURDUEBRAD

I like the analysis thus far on PB and I feel consolidating votes is our best bet.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:05 AM   #123
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What the hell's that in Alan's quote of me?

It looks exactly like your post does on my screen..

Old 09-24-2008, 10:06 AM   #124
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
It looks exactly like your post does on my screen..

Same here.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #125
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It sounds like you are reading things the same as I am so far. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed PB's passive-agressive play this morning. I already called him out on the whole voting for The Jackal while talking up Eaglefan more earlier. The next example of passive-aggressive play from him was after Claphamsa seemed to do his half-hearted reveal-hint, that PB spent more time than others in trying to cloud that picture with his seemingly harmless comments (despite not having his vote on Claphamsa anyways).

It felt to me like PB got the idea that Clap might have a role, and was trying to encourage more votes for him without putting himself on the line for it as well. I thought about moving my vote to Render in order to give Clap the benefit of the doubt based on his comments, but the play by PB makes me feel like I would rather stay there today.

hmmmm. this is good stuff. I was thinking of changing my vote (still bothered by jackyl, but thats not uncommon) and PB certainly could be a good target!

unvote jackyl
vote pb

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #126
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, last time I don't simply slap down the "you voted for me so I'll vote for you" reasoning. Talk about runs, one on RendeR, one on me.

And I was joking with Claph for the record, I tend to believe he does have a role hence me not voting for him but that'll somehow make me look guilty too at this point.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #127
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm probably going to be out until deadline but have no other move to make here (unless someone sees one and then, well, tell me).

unvote Jackal

vote RendeR

Hated the run on him, this is PURELY self-defense and I'm willing to give Claph benefit of the doubt on possible role. Glad I came back for this one! J/K!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #128
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post

Just got in, sorry for the delay (friggin Frontier's plane broke so the fam is having a tough time getting out of San Jose).

Anyhow, if the vote is tied, anything can happen, determined randomly.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #129
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just got in, sorry for the delay (friggin Frontier's plane broke so the fam is having a tough time getting out of San Jose).

Ugh, I hate San Jose airport. I fly through there when I take uhh.. Jet Blue I think.. That place is a small boring place..

Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #130
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

FTR, I believe I tied it but if/when RendeR comes on, his self-defense vote will take me out I assume.

HEINZ- Is it too late to switch this to the bar crawl game?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #131
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Taking Narc's last tally as correct, here's a current count. Let me know if there are objections

RendeR - 5 stcronin (66), Lathum (84), Barkeep (102), Saldana (106), PB (127)
Claphamsa – 3 Jackal (82), NTN (101), SnDvls (119)
PurdueBrad - 5 EagleFan (75), Alan (99), Narcizo (116), PackerFanatic (122), clap (125)
st cronin – 1 illini (86)

No vote yet - Render, path
Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #132
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Dola- I've had bad luck both in and out of San Jose on the three times I've been through.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #133
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ugh, I hate San Jose airport. I fly through there when I take uhh.. Jet Blue I think.. That place is a small boring place..

It's only gotten worse as now they're adding a 3rd terminal. So it's cramped and has construction.

Looks like they're going to actually have to get bused (wife, mom-in-law, both kids) to SFO. That should be a party of a bus ride.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:27 AM   #134
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
FTR, I believe I tied it but if/when RendeR comes on, his self-defense vote will take me out I assume.

HEINZ- Is it too late to switch this to the bar crawl game?

Well, it's 8:30 here and I'm contemplating a stiff drink, does that count?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #135
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's only gotten worse as now they're adding a 3rd terminal. So it's cramped and has construction.

Looks like they're going to actually have to get bused (wife, mom-in-law, both kids) to SFO. That should be a party of a bus ride.

At least SFO isn't all the way in the city, so not a horrible drive other than it being rush hour right now. I don't care too much for SFO either though, at least the terminals I usually fly out of, there are hardly any places to get anything to eat or drink...

Maybe I am spoiled from living alot of my life in Atlanta and Dallas where there are incredible airports.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:32 AM   #136
path12
Coordinator

I have to start remembering these early deadlines. I hate breaking a tie on day 1. Has RendeR checked in or anything?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #137
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Checking in. Joe customer. more later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
So who do we lynch day 1 this time? and don;t say "RENDER" damnit

Yeah, I guess he has.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #138
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
At least SFO isn't all the way in the city, so not a horrible drive other than it being rush hour right now. I don't care too much for SFO either though, at least the terminals I usually fly out of, there are hardly any places to get anything to eat or drink...

Maybe I am spoiled from living alot of my life in Atlanta and Dallas where there are incredible airports.

Agreed. SFO ain't much better.

Oh, and also folks, feel free to send night actions early if you'd like. you don't *have* to of course, but a few have and I want to be sure others know they can as well.

Last edited by jeheinz72 : 09-24-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:36 AM   #139
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

so if there is a tie, anyone can end up dead, not just the two people involved in the tie?!
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:37 AM   #140
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
so if there is a tie, anyone can end up dead, not just the two people involved in the tie?!

I would love to hear the answer to this.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:40 AM   #141
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, it's 8:30 here and I'm contemplating a stiff drink, does that count?
u have my job now?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:41 AM   #142
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I would love to hear the answer to this.

Based on Jeheinz' last post on this.. it seems he wants to leave the possibility of this occuring as a possible scenerio for us to consider in a tie. Whether or not that is actually the case, I guess we'll only know one way.. not sure I want to take that chance though

Old 09-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #143
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Indeed. It's weighted of course but possible outcomes include

- Death of one of the tied folks
- Utter peril
- Death to someone(s) from the "field" (aka non tied members)
- Shock and Awe.
- No death
- Complete fucking chaos.

Remember, I don't like ties.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #144
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Can I have a more indepth description of what Utter peril, and complete chaos would entail so I can weigh my decision more carefully?

Old 09-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #145
The Jackal
Coordinator

Don't forget about the evil cyborg from the future, I'm sure he has a say in ties.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #146
path12
Coordinator

Yeah, I hear what you're saying Alan. I guess considering that RendeR will obviously not vote for himself means that in order to avoid a tie there's really only one choice.

VOTE PURDUEBRAD

Have I mentioned I hate day 1?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #147
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My only worry with voting PB is that he might not be around to reveal if he's a villager and has a role.

This doesn't help the case against lynching me but, although my checkbook is balanced (mainly 'cause I won't let the wife touch it), I am an unroled customer of the bank.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #148
The Jackal
Coordinator

You're lucky there aren't any women (that I know of..) in this game or they probably would've voted you immediately for that.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #149
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Chaos could be fun...
Old 09-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #150
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Can I have a more indepth description of what Utter peril, and complete chaos would entail so I can weigh my decision more carefully?

Utter peril involves the death to mankind starting with you.

Complete chaos means the earths gravitational force is eradicated.