Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #251
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Nobody has interacted with Gellar yet, except Travis. I don't know if dexter actually saw him yesterday...he could have just responded to random noise.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #252
DeToxRox
Head Coach

That professor admitted to having sex with Gellar. I don't see how they can conceivably fake that.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #253
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That he had died at some point after they hooked up?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #254
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola. "not real" like Harry isn't real vs. completely fictitious
Old 11-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #255
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Nobody has interacted with Gellar yet, except Travis. I don't know if dexter actually saw him yesterday...he could have just responded to random noise.

Exactly. I'm saying when Gellar went missing 3 years ago, he actually died there, or at some point after, and Travis(Hanks) is dealing with split personality. His other personality is Gellar.

And with that theory, Dexter saw nothing, he reacted to Hanks looking up at the 2nd floor.
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #256
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I just rewatched the last episode and I take it back. stevew is right on this one. I get totally where he is coming from now and I agree that Gellnar is dead.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #257
mckerney
Coordinator

I'm also on board with the Geller that Travis is working with not being real, and in the next few episodes we'll probably find out that Geller is either dead or he'll be found alive outside of Florida and it will be clear that he couldn't have done the Doomsday killings.

There have been a lot of subtle hints from early on that he isn't real. One was when they were at the restaurant earlier in the season, Geller had no food or drink in front of him and the waitress only talked to Travis. Then when the waitress was tied up she only looked at Travis, not Geller even when he was touching her head. And he seems to have been standing outside Travis' sister's house for quite a while without her noticing him.

Another thing was that the Geller described by his former teachers assistant seemed to be different from the one Travis was working with. She said he was mostly an academic about revelations, and Geller would have had to have undergone a rather intense change to go from hooking up with a series grad students to killing the waitress because she'd slept with Travis.

Edit: Also, it doesn't seem like anyone has seen Geller yet other than Travis. The man who escaped the chains ran into the room were Geller had been working and didn't see him. When Dexter went after him he seemed to just be following Travis' gaze, and it seems unlikely Geller would have been able to escape out the window and get away from the church that quickly. Lastly the woman who Travis was released said she was held captive by two men but she was blindfolded the whole time and probably just assumed Geller's existence from Travis talking to him and calling him, "Professor."

Last edited by mckerney : 11-26-2011 at 10:40 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #258
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I'm also on board with the Geller that Travis is working with not being real, and in the next few episodes we'll probably find out that Geller is either dead or he'll be found alive outside of Florida and it will be clear that he couldn't have done the Doomsday killings.

There have been a lot of subtle hints from early on that he isn't real. One was when they were at the restaurant earlier in the season, Geller had no food or drink in front of him and the waitress only talked to Travis. Then when the waitress was tied up she only looked at Travis, not Geller even when he was touching her head. And he seems to have been standing outside Travis' sister's house for quite a while without her noticing him.

Another thing was that the Geller described by his former teachers assistant seemed to be different from the one Travis was working with. She said he was mostly an academic about revelations, and Geller would have had to have undergone a rather intense change to go from hooking up with a series grad students to killing the waitress because she'd slept with Travis.

Edit: Also, it doesn't seem like anyone has seen Geller yet other than Travis. The man who escaped the chains ran into the room were Geller had been working and didn't see him. When Dexter went after him he seemed to just be following Travis' gaze, and it seems unlikely Geller would have been able to escape out the window and get away from the church that quickly. Lastly the woman who Travis was released said she was held captive by two men but she was blindfolded the whole time and probably just assumed Geller's existence from Travis talking to him and calling him, "Professor."

I thought Geller had a cup of coffee in front of him at the diner. If not...then yeah - I'm way more on-board with this line of thinking...for sure.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #259
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Supposedly the "is he real or not" issue is resolved on Sunday.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #260
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I thought Geller had a cup of coffee in front of him at the diner. If not...then yeah - I'm way more on-board with this line of thinking...for sure.

I'm pretty sure he had nothing infront of him at the coffee shop. I thought it was very weird that the waitress completely ignored him there.

I do remember when they were at the bar, that Gellar did have a drink infront of him, but i don't think that means anything.
TML
Old 11-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #261
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
I'm pretty sure he had nothing infront of him at the coffee shop. I thought it was very weird that the waitress completely ignored him there.

I do remember when they were at the bar, that Gellar did have a drink infront of him, but i don't think that means anything.

I do think the waitress completely ignoring him there is more important than him not having anything.

One more thing to note, Travis' face looked pretty good at the end of the episode for having been hit in the face with a shovel.

Last edited by mckerney : 11-26-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #262
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
I do think the waitress completely ignoring him there is more important than him not having anything.

One more thing to note, Travis' face looked pretty good at the end of the episode for having been hit in the face with a shovel.

HAHA, i forgot about that. I noticed it during the episode, but it has escaped me since. There way to much evidence for him to be "real and active" for a lack of a better term.
TML
Old 11-28-2011, 01:09 AM   #263
-apoc-
H.S. Freshman Team

Well there you go! I have definitely enjoyed this season quite a bit so far.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #264
Johnny93g
College Starter

There were some awful moments in this episode. Really bad writing. The elevator was a joke, and why wasn't Dexter, who knew the meet was at the church, there waiting for Gellar already, hiding in the shadows, you know, like he always does!!!!!!!

It's time for Deb to find out and end the show. I'm hoping that's next season.
TML
Old 11-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #265
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wish they would have not killed off Brother Sam. He was a great character.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #266
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Quinn/Waitress scene was hilarious
Old 11-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #267
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
There were some awful moments in this episode. Really bad writing. The elevator was a joke, and why wasn't Dexter, who knew the meet was at the church, there waiting for Gellar already, hiding in the shadows, you know, like he always does!!!!!!!

Not likely. The show has been renewed for two more seasons. It is still by far Showtime's highest rated show. I agree that this season has been pretty weak, but I think it's mostly just a bad storyline they picked and there's no reason they can't get things back to normal next year. It is funny that the season with Julia Stiles was much better than the one with Edward James Olmos. I wouldn't have called that.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:36 AM   #268
Kodos
Resident Alien

Seems like they need to get away from the Dexter stalks one serial killer a season thing.

I wasn't really buying the Geller isn't real theory, but shows what I know.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #269
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:

I hope that Deb finds out before the end of the show, I think that could be an interesting story.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #270
Kodos
Resident Alien

Let's get LaGuerta on his table first.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #271
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Let's get LaGuerta on his table first.

Hell to the ya
Old 12-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #272
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don't know if I'm going to be a Showtime sucker again....especially if they don't kill LaGuerta. Dare I say I wish Olmos was still around. This jihad is too convenient.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #273
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the ending already... I didn't see that coming and can't wait to see how it plays out next season.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #274
Jas_lov
College Starter

Didn't see it coming either. The show was renewed for 2 more seasons after this so I figured they'd wait until the end of next season to use that reveal.

People aren't talking about it as much because this season wasn't good at all. The show hasn't been good since Season 4. Maybe the writers thought they had to use that ending to suck people in for another year. I don't know what Deb was doing at the church. It will probably be another thing they overlook like a couple episodes ago when Dexter "anonymously" calls 911 from his phone as if they can't trace it. Very sloppy writing this year, but I'll watch for another year just to see how this plays out.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #275
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Just watched it. Zoinks - guess they can't really like...do any sort of trickery to worm their way out of that one.

That's going to be a hell of a thing for next season. Winner at the end of the season there, that's for sure.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #276
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don't think that can save what was otherwise a pretty poor season. I had a feeling they were moving to that sort of resolution towards the end of the season, but it was interesting.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #277
Johnny93g
College Starter

Oh Dexter, first, the actual episode. Bad finale, bad season. Now, Miami metro doesn't clear crime scenes anymore, they stand around waiting for Dexter. At least they didn't have him swimming all the way back to shore.

I know Dexter is invincible, you know Dexter is invincible, the whole audience knows. Nothing will happen to the star. I hate that it seems like the characters know.

That said, great ending, didn't see it coming, loved that she saw, and I can't wait to see where it goes. They still have to deal with the weird, video game making, forensic assistant guy too, which is a story line I like.
TML
Old 12-19-2011, 01:14 AM   #278
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
I don't know what Deb was doing at the church.

Deb asked Dex to a final sweep of the church, looking for evidence. He told her he would get to it after Harrison's play. She knew where he was, and wanted to tell him of her newly undying passionate love for him, which would have been kinda awkward. Way more awkward then finding out he's a serial killer!
TML
Old 12-19-2011, 03:58 AM   #279
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
That said, great ending, didn't see it coming, loved that she saw, and I can't wait to see where it goes. They still have to deal with the weird, video game making, forensic assistant guy too, which is a story line I like.

After Deb told Dexter the sweep the church and then Dexter said he was going to kill Travis there I was pretty sure Deb would walk in at some point when Dexter had Travis, though I was hoping it would end quite so abruptly after she did.

And I think nothing is really going to come from Masuka's intern, it seemed like he might know something about Dexter earlier though at the end of the season it made it seem more like he just idolized him from seeing him work and now wants to follow in his footsteps instead of making the game.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:01 AM   #280
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I don't think that can save what was otherwise a pretty poor season. I had a feeling they were moving to that sort of resolution towards the end of the season, but it was interesting.

I'd hoped coming into this episode that Deb would make a power play on LaGuerta with the knowledge that she took part in covering up the hooker murder (not for Deb to move up herself, just to take down LaGuerta). Now with LaGuerta playing nice all of a sudden there doesn't even seem to be any chance that Dexter will end up killing her.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #281
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And I think nothing is really going to come from Masuka's intern, it seemed like he might know something about Dexter earlier though at the end of the season it made it seem more like he just idolized him from seeing him work and now wants to follow in his footsteps instead of making the game.

I was thinking that the intern will essentially end up mirroring Travis from this season. Dexter is his inspiration (indirectly as he does not seemingly know that Dex is a serial killer) the way that Professor Geller was Travis'. Plus, depending on how horrible the series is going to wrap up, they could possibly pin some of Dex's killings on intern as he'll have insider knowledge of some of the killings and possesses evidence from previous serial killer cases and his game which demonstrate his obsession with it.

In my opinion, this is a harder series to end than Sopranos was. I thought they had taken a good turn this season when Dex's other dark passenger took over which would've helped to make him very unlikable to the viewer but they keep working to make him affable. I'm not sure that a viewer wants to see Dexter put down or put behind bars at this point, he's still too likable.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 12-19-2011 at 06:47 AM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #282
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
. Now with LaGuerta playing nice all of a sudden there doesn't even seem to be any chance that Dexter will end up killing her.

Well, according to the code, unless she kills somebody, and gets away with it, he can't kill her. Ofcourse, Dex doesn't really follow the code to closely anymore.
TML
Old 12-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #283
Ryan S
Quarterback

I think that Deb finding out was necessary to shake up the show a bit.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #284
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:

I think the opposite. The intern when pitching his idea about the video game about playing as a serial killer. He mentions the worlds most notorious serial killers, and the Bay Harbor Butcher. Why him? The public basically didn’t care anymore once they learned that the butcher was killing other criminals that deserved to be killed. So why mention the Bay Harbor Butcher at all? On top of that when Dexter didn’t seem to care at all about the video game the intern then became extremely upset, IMO because he was telling Dexter that he knows who he is. And what about the hand. That was from the Ice Truck Killer. The Ice Truck Killer was Dexters brother. This intern knows exctly who Dexter is and what he is. I just hope that this will not be a repeat of season 3.

Last edited by SegRat : 12-20-2011 at 01:56 AM.
SegRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:09 AM   #285
SegRat
High School Varsity

Another thought. Will Dexter have Deb believe that Travis is/was Trinity? They brought that storyline back this season for an episode. If Deb believes that Travis was also Trinity, she will turn the other way so to speak. Trinity killed Lundy who Deb was in love with. If she does believe that Travis is Trinity IMO it will be a shitty way to start next season, That storyline will be dead by episode 2.

I also wonder if Dexter took a picture of the painting on the wall. He had his camera. It would justify in Deb's mind that Trinity was back to get kill Dexter.

Last edited by SegRat : 12-20-2011 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:38 AM   #286
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
Another thought. Will Dexter have Deb believe that Travis is/was Trinity? They brought that storyline back this season for an episode. If Deb believes that Travis was also Trinity, she will turn the other way so to speak. Trinity killed Lundy who Deb was in love with. If she does believe that Travis is Trinity IMO it will be a shitty way to start next season, That storyline will be dead by episode 2.

I also wonder if Dexter took a picture of the painting on the wall. He had his camera. It would justify in Deb's mind that Trinity was back to get kill Dexter.

I don't see how Dexter could convince Deb that Travis was Trinity. Not only do they know who Trinity was, but Travis is probably too young and it would mean Deb had to believe that Travis went to Nebraska in the middle of his killing spree as DDK.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:46 AM   #287
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
I think the opposite. The intern when pitching his idea about the video game about playing as a serial killer. He mentions the worlds most notorious serial killers, and the Bay Harbor Butcher. Why him? The public basically didn’t care anymore once they learned that the butcher was killing other criminals that deserved to be killed. So why mention the Bay Harbor Butcher at all? On top of that when Dexter didn’t seem to care at all about the video game the intern then became extremely upset, IMO because he was telling Dexter that he knows who he is. And what about the hand. That was from the Ice Truck Killer. The Ice Truck Killer was Dexters brother. This intern knows exctly who Dexter is and what he is. I just hope that this will not be a repeat of season 3.

Wasn't really what I saw from it. It seemed like the intern was there to do research on crime investigations for his video game, which was about serial killers because of a fascination he had with them (thus purchasing the hand from the Ice Truck Killer case). He looked up to Dexter because of what he saw Dexter do at crime scenes, and then when finding out what Dexter thought of his game it caused him to reevaluate his obsession with serial killers (this also causing him to give up the hand and send it to Dexter so it could be returned to the department). At the end of the season he's given up on the video game and is looking to work with Miami Metro because he now wants to do what Dexter does. I really don't think there was that much to indicate he knew about Dexter and will be shocked if that's the story line next season.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:48 AM   #288
mckerney
Coordinator

I think the most likely thing that Dexter will do is tell Deb that he knows she can be okay with killing people who deserve it because of what happens at the end of last season. It will be easy to convince Deb that he's the one who was helping Lumen and it was Dexter that Deb let go after he'd killed Jordan Chase.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:43 AM   #289
SegRat
High School Varsity

As far as the hand, why send it to Dexter and not Masuka? Masuka signed it out to try and impress the chick intern. If the guy just wanted it to make its way back into the department, seems to me it would have been smarter to send it back to Masuka so that he could cover his own ass. The intern also drew something on the inside of the hand before sending it to Dexter. Why put some kind of marking on the hand?

Last edited by SegRat : 12-20-2011 at 04:11 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #290
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think the most likely thing that Dexter will do is tell Deb that he knows she can be okay with killing people who deserve it because of what happens at the end of last season. It will be easy to convince Deb that he's the one who was helping Lumen and it was Dexter that Deb let go after he'd killed Jordan Chase.

I then predict Deb and Dex will enter into a dangerous sexual relationship.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:54 AM   #291
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

My prediction (albeit a bit far-fetched) is that the intern will actually frame Dexter for his (the intern's) set of serial killings. Masuka said he'll keep throwing him some work as a consultant which means that he can tamper with/plant evidence framing Dex. I think it would be interesting to see Dexter get framed for murders he did not do, especially since Deb has now seen him murder somebody so she'll have no idea what to believe.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #292
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It seemed odd that Harry wasn't in this episode, unless i missed him on a rewatch w/ my tivo.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #293
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm sorry, but this show has gotten hilariously bad.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #294
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Incest thing is just awkward and stupid. I don't care if he was adopted, still don't need to see it. I cringe when I do.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #295
Kodos
Resident Alien

Let's leave the incest to Game of Thrones.

Oh, and filming for Season 7 begins in a couple weeks.

Last edited by Kodos : 05-17-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #296
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So now that this was conveniently bumped....

Before last season, it seems like they went to a lot of trouble to intro the Chicago cop. And then did virtually nothing with him all year. I have to think that he will play a pretty big part in the next year. I guess I can't see him being just window dressing, even if his character was brought in to replace Deb.

Also, I wonder if the shit with Louis, Matsuzaka's intern, will get crazy.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #297
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

What if Dex kills Deb? That'd be a hella heel-turn!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #298
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
What if Dex kills Deb? That'd be a hella heel-turn!

I would be very surprised. That would go against the code that has been central to the show since its inception. They wpuld have to have Dexter take a fundemental turn as a person.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #299
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I would be very surprised. That would go against the code that has been central to the show since its inception. They wpuld have to have Dexter take a fundemental turn as a person.

Unless Deb either somehow becomes a serial killer or was really really convincingly framed for it.

Not saying it'd be simple to write, but it would be a hell of a twist!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-17-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #300
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

You mean the code Dexter has been ignoring for a few seasons now?
TML