Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #301
molson
General Manager

I read somewhere, maybe it was even a hint from one of the producers, certainly not a "spoiler" or anything, that the more likely direction is that this new intimacy and honesty in their relationship could lead too...more intimacy in their relationship. Which I don't think anyone wants to see. But I'd be surprised if that isn't at least explored or teased. Whatever though, I'll be on board for every episode no matter want, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless of the quality. I'm hooked!
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #302
larrymcg421
Head Coach

If Dex was gonna kill Deb, they'd have done that in the season finale. Too hard to hide a secret like that between seasons, especially if Jennifer Carpenter started turning up in casting announcements for fall pilots.

I think the season was awful, but the final twist was very promising for next season. However, if it means they start fucking, then I'm out.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #303
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yes. I don't know whose idea it was to put in the faux-incest storyline, but dear god, bag it.

And I want to see Dexter ultimately get caught.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #304
Johnny93g
College Starter

Sneak peak first 2 minutes of season 7

BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #305
molson
General Manager

A little more on the next season from a Showtime behind the scenes preview. I'm not discussing anything outside the preview, but, just in case
Spoiler

Last edited by molson : 09-04-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #306
mckerney
Coordinator

I was hoping Dexter would go for more of the, "Remember Jordan Price?" angle.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #307
molson
General Manager

Bump for season premiere tonight. I'm looking forward to it, it's the only current show I actually watch at the moment.

Last edited by molson : 09-30-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #308
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Bump for season premiere tonight. I'm looking forward to it, it's the only current show I actually watch at the moment.

wooo! thanks for the reminder!
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #309
Jas_lov
College Starter

The show has dipped in quality since Season 4 but they had a good end to the last episode of last season. Looking forward to see how they handle that with 2 seasons left in the series.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #310
molson
General Manager

As long as that last scene wasn't a dream sequence, things moved along much faster than I thought they would.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #311
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
As long as that last scene wasn't a dream sequence, things moved along much faster than I thought they would.

Yeah. I'm really glad they didn't drag it out, and just got to it.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #312
korme
Go Reds

Awesome finish to Ep 1
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #313
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The premiere was certainly better than any episode last season. Hell, even Laguerta wasn't annoying. If they're gonna have her investigating things to try and clear Doakes' name (which I thought was gonna happen a while ago since she never seemed to believe he was guilty), then that's much better use of her than just randomly being a bitch to Deb or involved in storylines completely unconnected to the main plot.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #314
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Yeah. I'm really glad they didn't drag it out, and just got to it.

My thoughts exactly.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #315
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don't get what the creepy intern guy's angle is.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #316
chinaski
College Prospect

awesome ending!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #317
Kodos
Resident Alien

Very nice. I think this will be a very interesting season, as long as we don't see them making sweet love.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #318
Jas_lov
College Starter

The show has really changed. Dexter used to be so careful and thorough and now he's killing people in an airport. I like how this season is setting up. Deb looks hotter this season.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #319
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Incest, that isn't even blood incest, is worse than murder? I hope Dexter bends Deb over a kill table.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #320
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
The show has really changed. Dexter used to be so careful and thorough and now he's killing people in an airport. I like how this season is setting up. Deb looks hotter this season.

I really did not like the airport kill, though thought the episode as a whole was good. Not only does it seem out of character for him it goes a bit beyond the normal amount of suspension of disbelief for the show.

Also really curious about the former intern being he seems like the kind of guy who would react the exact same way if someone else used his computer and cancelling credit cards seems well beyond the typical way of getting back at someone. Looking forward to finding out exactly what his angle is.

It seemed like killing off Mike was necessary, his questioning of the suicide and no car around could easily have lead to him seeing Deb buying gas at the nearby gas station just before the fire.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #321
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I just assumed that Mike died so that he could do a full character arc on Sons of Anarchy. They also needed a way to incorporate the Eastern European gangster story. I'm assuming Jason Gedrick(from Murder One) will have a pretty major arc this season.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #322
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I just assumed that Mike died so that he could do a full character arc on Sons of Anarchy. They also needed a way to incorporate the Eastern European gangster story. I'm assuming Jason Gedrick(from Murder One) will have a pretty major arc this season.

No clue on any of that, but my thought when he started questioning the suicide explaination I didn't think he would end up living much longer. He seemed like he'd find somwthing bad and was wondering if Dexter would have to take care of him before he was shot by the gangster. I was thinking he would follow up on Travis not having a car there and eventually check the security footage of the nearby gas station.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #323
stevew
Hall Of Famer

oh, yeah, agreed that his time on this earth was short once he started looking for the car.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #324
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I just assumed that Mike died so that he could do a full character arc on Sons of Anarchy. They also needed a way to incorporate the Eastern European gangster story. I'm assuming Jason Gedrick(from Iron Eagle) will have a pretty major arc this season.

fixed

hated the airport kill, liked the episode
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #325
mckerney
Coordinator

Is anyone else disappointed Dexter hasn't mentioned Jordan Chase to Deb yet?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #326
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Or Trinity.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #327
chinaski
College Prospect

Im not digging how she just accepts everything without him really qualifying what he does. I am liking the season so far, but im wary of whats to come.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #328
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I think she's accepting because she wants to believe that she can help him change, she loves him. She's not doing him a favor.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-09-2012 at 10:31 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #329
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Or Trinity.

That eventually, though I'm not sure, "Oh, it's sort of my fault Rita got killed," is the best angle with Deb right now. You would think Dexter would go with, "Deb, in the past you haven't had a problem with what I do," to convince her to be on his side. Just like Deb should be asking, "Wait, if you're the Bay Harbor Butcher then what happened to Doaks?"

Also I find it kind of weird that Dexter would go live with Deb and not take Harrison with him.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #330
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Also I find it kind of weird that Dexter would go live with Deb and not take Harrison with him.

My wife and I were saying the same thing. That seems very odd.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #331
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Yeah the Doaks thing makes Deb's actions very problematic. She was pretty close to him. She met his family, who now think he is a serial killer. The fact she could clear his name but is protecting her brother instead is pretty shitty. I love the new twist on the season as it changes the stakes after the shittiness of last season, but this is a pretty big plot hole for me.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #332
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
My wife and I were saying the same thing. That seems very odd.

We thought the same thing as well
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #333
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Yeah the Doaks thing makes Deb's actions very problematic. She was pretty close to him. She met his family, who now think he is a serial killer. The fact she could clear his name but is protecting her brother instead is pretty shitty. I love the new twist on the season as it changes the stakes after the shittiness of last season, but this is a pretty big plot hole for me.

I don't really have a problem with Deb choosing to protect Dexter rather than clearing Doakes' name, but there are some questions that it Deb would probably be asking. "If you're the Butcher then what exactly happened to Doakes and where did the evidence that he was the Butcher come from?" seem like a couple of obvious ones.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #334
mckerney
Coordinator

I am looking forward to the conversation that goes something like, "We really need to catch this fucker who killed Mike," followed by, "Oooh, about that that..."
Old 10-15-2012, 02:48 AM   #335
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Thank god that they killed off that Louis guy. He really sucked.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #336
Jas_lov
College Starter

Yeah, I'm glad they ended that Louis storyline. I thought it was going to be something big but it turned out to be just a prank war so he had to go. I liked the serial killer with the fun house. Seemed a little like Silence of the Lambs with Deb going in there alone.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #337
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Deb looks hotter this season.

Was thinking the same thing.

Tried to figure out what it is..... she's never really done much for me in the past. like a 5/10, but this season she jumped up to a 7.

Hair stylist, color.
Wardrobe.

Plus, shes looking much more tan than I remember.

Im certain they made an effort to do so with the storyline, but couldnt quite put my finger on it. She still doesnt do it for me, prob because everytime I see her it stands out that her right eye is larger than her left. Freaks me out.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #338
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wonder how the mood on the set actually is, considering that Hall and Carpenter got divorced last December. Certainly seems very odd and unique in regards to the cast of a show. I do agree she's getting hotter, but she could use a boob job(a stealth one, like 1-2 sizes bigger, but not overwhelming).
Old 10-16-2012, 02:34 AM   #339
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

That may not be good, Rita was the last character to suddenly get hotter and she ended up dying at the end of that season.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #340
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
I wonder how the mood on the set actually is, considering that Hall and Carpenter got divorced last December. Certainly seems very odd and unique in regards to the cast of a show.

The divorce finalized last December, but I think that they had separated about 18 months before then, so they have been dealing with this on set for a long time.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #341
SegRat
High School Varsity

Some of my thoughts from the end of last season that seem to be holding up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
I think the opposite. The intern when pitching his idea about the video game about playing as a serial killer. He mentions the worlds most notorious serial killers, and the Bay Harbor Butcher. Why him? The public basically didn’t care anymore once they learned that the butcher was killing other criminals that deserved to be killed. So why mention the Bay Harbor Butcher at all? On top of that when Dexter didn’t seem to care at all about the video game the intern then became extremely upset, IMO because he was telling Dexter that he knows who he is. And what about the hand. That was from the Ice Truck Killer. The Ice Truck Killer was Dexters brother. This intern knows exctly who Dexter is and what he is. I just hope that this will not be a repeat of season 3.

Quote:
Another thought. Will Dexter have Deb believe that Travis is/was Trinity? They brought that storyline back this season for an episode. If Deb believes that Travis was also Trinity, she will turn the other way so to speak. Trinity killed Lundy who Deb was in love with. If she does believe that Travis is Trinity IMO it will be a shitty way to start next season, That storyline will be dead by episode 2.

I also wonder if Dexter took a picture of the painting on the wall. He had his camera. It would justify in Deb's mind that Trinity was back to get kill Dexter.

Quote:
As far as the hand, why send it to Dexter and not Masuka? Masuka signed it out to try and impress the chick intern. If the guy just wanted it to make its way back into the department, seems to me it would have been smarter to send it back to Masuka so that he could cover his own ass. The intern also drew something on the inside of the hand before sending it to Dexter. Why put some kind of marking on the hand?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #342
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I wonder how the mood on the set actually is, considering that Hall and Carpenter got divorced last December. Certainly seems very odd and unique in regards to the cast of a show. I do agree she's getting hotter, but she could use a boob job(a stealth one, like 1-2 sizes bigger, but not overwhelming).

I totally agree about the boob job which surprises me considering I'm usually against fake titties.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #343
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola.

Also, with all of it's flaws, Dexter is still the best show on TV (just ahead of Breaking Bad).
Old 10-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #344
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Some of my thoughts from the end of last season that seem to be holding up.

Was I missing something, or did it not seem like there was anything to indicate that Brian had any idea Dexter was a killer? If he did I'd think exposing him would be much better revenge than sinking his boat.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #345
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola.

Also, with all of it's flaws, Dexter is still the best show on TV (just ahead of Breaking Bad).

Not even close
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #346
Kodos
Resident Alien

I was kinda hoping Deb would get killed last night to shake things up a little.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #347
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There was little doubt that Arthur Mitchell was trinity.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #348
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Dola.

I love Dexter, but even at its best in the early seasons, it didn't hold a candle to Homeland.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #349
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
There was little doubt that Arthur Mitchell was trinity.

Especially after the "Trinity struck again," plot line last season. I don't think anyone would believe Travis took a break from the Dooms Day Killings to go kill someone in Nebraska.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #350
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I am sad that Boobs the Waitress got killed off. Why couldn't Deb have saved her?