Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 7!!! Uploads due Thursday, November 20th!!!!

Week 7 Schedule

Colorado @ Kansas State
#7 Oklahoma State @ Nebraska
#22 Texas A&M @ Texas Tech
USF vs #21 West Virginia
North Carolina vs Maryland
Syracuse @ #5 Pitt
#17 Kentucky vs LSU
#12 Mississippi State @ #3 Arkansas
Virginia @ Akron
NC State vs #10 Clemson

Nej - Macro prolly won't be able to play since he's away on business, but you may wanna PM him to be safe. I am pretty sure he won't be able to though. If thats the case I'll autopilot him if you don't hear back from him by tomorrow.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Congrats as the Arkansas juggernaut keeps on rolling. We lost 45-21 in a fun game. Our freshman running back looked solid but their offense was too much. I had a shot to tighten the gap but my QB threw behind an open receiver for a pick in the endzone (can't complain too much as he had a similar play earlier when his QB did the same). My young team put up a decent fight but no surprise on the outcome. Here's hoping that Arkansas goes to the title game!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

Ugh, Clemson. Big week this week, but I don't have very high expectations.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Hopefully WVU doesn't break my heart like they did last year.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Another Big 12 foe falls to the Colorado Buffaloes, as the Buffs beat Kansas State 42-29 behind 150 yards and 4 TD from Darrell Scott.

Colorado now stands atop the Big 12 at 3-0 in the Conference with a big home game week 8 vs Kansas. A lot of top recruits that CU are targeting will be in attendance, and a win over Kansas will put even more ground between the B12 North sans Nebraska.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
Ironhead
College Prospect

Texas A&M holds on for dear life for a win against Texas Tech. Final was something like 33-28. Tech's defense was incredibly tough all game long and made for probably my most frustrating offensive game with A&M yet. On defense we held Crabtree to 3 receptions for about 100 yards and a TD which I was fairly happy with.

Despite the excellent success we had in recruiting last year this year's class could be even better. We already have 5 commitments and a number of top level recruits have given us soft commits. My consolation prize for having to play both cmp and Logan this year.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #7
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Another Big 12 foe falls to the Colorado Buffaloes, as the Buffs beat Kansas State 42-29 behind 150 yards and 4 TD from Darrell Scott.

Colorado now stands atop the Big 12 at 3-0 in the Conference with a big home game week 8 vs Kansas. A lot of top recruits that CU are targeting will be in attendance, and a win over Kansas will put even more ground between the B12 North sans Nebraska.

Must be nice to play in a division that's the equivalent of the Sun Belt in strength.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Must be nice to play in a division that's the equivalent of the Sun Belt in strength.

Already took out OU for you. You just do your part to make sure you're in the title game.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #9
Radii
Head Coach

God I hate clemson. We tried, but we put ourselves in a hole early and couldn't dig all the way out.

We turned it over 3 times in the first half and fell down 17-0, and trailed 24-7 at the half. It got worse as we fell behind 38-14 going into the 4th quarter. We gave it a huge effort, scoring a TD, getitng an INT and a big TD run from Roberts to score 14 in the span of 50 seconds. We get a late field goal, and actually get the ball back with 1:30 to go, down 38-31, but with that little time left, we'd have to pass to win, and we aren't able to get it done.

#10 Clemson 38
NC State 31

I think Brandon Roberts showed today that he deserves the Heisman trophy. He's been racking up 200 yard games against inferior competition with regularity, but this is different. This is clemson. 89 rated defense, speed all over, but he had 3 TD runs over > 30 yards, including a 72 yard TD run. 4 TDs overall(a 2 yard TD run in the 4th in addition to the big ones), and he was able to run it up the middle for 5-8 yards consistantly in addition to the big runs.

In my defense, I did throw the ball 30 times,so the run/pass ratio isn't far off, but anyway:

Roberts: 39 carries, 339 yards, 4 TD (8.6 ypc average)

The early turnovers and 17-0 deficit just killed me. Unless we can beat Miami or Florida State on the road, this is an 8-4 team now at best.

Last edited by Radii : 11-16-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #10
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Congrats as the Arkansas juggernaut keeps on rolling. We lost 45-21 in a fun game. Our freshman running back looked solid but their offense was too much. I had a shot to tighten the gap but my QB threw behind an open receiver for a pick in the endzone (can't complain too much as he had a similar play earlier when his QB did the same). My young team put up a decent fight but no surprise on the outcome. Here's hoping that Arkansas goes to the title game!

If it wasn't for that pick the game would have been much different there at the end. I couldn't stop your running back at all for a while there. I'm not looking forward to trying to stop him the next few seasons, he should be tough.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:30 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just a check to see who is left ..

I'll guess Logan would be one.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:29 PM   #12
Logan
Head Coach

I'll be done by tomorrow morning at the latest.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Looks like Slowgan, Mike, Wade and Gram.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Looks like Slowgan, Mike, Wait and Gram.

Missed a chance for another joke, sir.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Missed a chance for another joke, sir.

Hahah, well played.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Well then..

We are down to 1-4 Akron 10-14 with 1:00 left.

We get an absolute MIRACLE long pass inside the 10 and score a few plays later.

We squeak it out 17-14 with our startng QB, #1 WR, and starting RB all missing significant time in the game due to injuries (none of the injuries extend out beyond this game thankfully).

Our recruiting is also looking a little better than it was originally. We do have a shot at a 4 star and a lot of our 3 stars are solidly on our side right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote