Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #51
Galaxy
Coordinator

A side note, we can start tracking the top classes next week. That will be pretty cool.

Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #52
Kodos
Resident Alien

You ever feel like we have half of the posts in RFL between just the two of us?

Last edited by Kodos : 08-28-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #53
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
You ever feel like we have half of the posts in RFL between just the two of us?

Yes.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #54
Galaxy
Coordinator

Notre Dame has received it's third and biggest commitment from the top corner in the nation.

Josh Grisby, CB, 5-star, National Rank: #5 Positional Rank: #1
6’0’’/181 lbs. Prichard, Alabama

With two four-star players and one-five star players, we have the second best class in the country right now, behind Ohio State and ahead of Georgia at three. Clemson is #6, with Michigan the next highest RFL team at #15.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #55
Kodos
Resident Alien

Indiana is still waiting for its first commitment...
Old 08-28-2008, 07:19 PM   #56
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I want to get on and check my recruiting, but my roommate is watching some shitty Val Kilmer movie in the living room....
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #57
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The recruiting in this league is very interesting. I'm quickly finding out my SP tactics just don't translate well as we lose a top recruit to freaking ND.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #58
bignej
High School JV

I am pretty disappointed in losing Grigsby as well.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #59
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
The recruiting in this league is very interesting. I'm quickly finding out my SP tactics just don't translate well as we lose a top recruit to freaking ND.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #60
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignej View Post
I am pretty disappointed in losing Grigsby as well.

He's got all the tools.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #61
Kodos
Resident Alien

Too bad you lost to a winless team. I sure hope that doesn't hurt your recruiting!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:19 PM   #62
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Too bad you lost to a winless team. I sure hope that doesn't hurt your recruiting!

At least it wasn't like USC in real life last year.

It might. I don't know. I hate bye weeks however in online dynasties.

Last edited by Galaxy : 08-29-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:21 PM   #63
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, bye weeks suck.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #64
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, bye weeks suck.

It just lags.

I really don't know why we are doing so well this year. I know Notre Dame can recruit due it's wide variety of strengths and a rather broad national appeal, but I wasn't expecting to be such a competitor as we have been. Also, I been doing some different things in comparison to a solo dynasty.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #65
bignej
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
He's got all the tools.

I bet he's kicking himself right about now
Old 08-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #66
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I bet he's kicking himself right about now

Nah. We are actually over-achieving. We have a 81 overall rated roster. And pretty much the entire starting lineup is full of sophomores and juniors.

How much does a current season's success have on recruits?

Last edited by Galaxy : 08-29-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #67
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm hoping a lot. But so far, 4-0 hasn't netted us any commitments. I think we have a good chance to push it to 6-0 before we face a Top 25 team in Illinois. The second half of our schedule gets tougher as we go through the conference games. It'd be great to get some commitments before the meat of our schedule.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-29-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #68
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

We're closing in on signing QB Al Francis..I have a feeling he'll sign with Clemson in 1 or 2 weeks.

If we do in fact score him, it'll be huge. A 4-star scrambling QB, added to the running backs we're going after, would make our offense pretty tough to stop, I think.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #69
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
We're closing in on signing QB Al Francis..I have a feeling he'll sign with Clemson in 1 or 2 weeks.

If we do in fact score him, it'll be huge. A 4-star scrambling QB, added to the running backs we're going after, would make our offense pretty tough to stop, I think.

It's between you, Georgia (KWhit), and Notre Dame (me). The quarterbacks, overall, aren't really impressive this year.

Last edited by Galaxy : 08-29-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:07 PM   #70
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's between you, Georgia (KWhit), and Notre Dame (me). The quarterbacks, overall, aren't really impressive this year.

Yeah, the whole class was a bit underwhelming, I'd say.

Anyone have any knowledge as to whether or not scheduling a visit during a bye week has a less positive effect than a game week?
Old 08-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #71
Kodos
Resident Alien

Intuitively, I'd say it would accomplish less. They want to see you kick a rival's teeth down their throat.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm positive that Bye weeks give poorer results. A big win helps with a visit, and a big win over a rival is the best. Otherwise, I don't think records matter that much in the current recruiting year, but a good record can increase the team's prestige for the following year which can definitely help recruiting in the future.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-29-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #73
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

More on recruiting:

The battle for 5* CB Chris Butler is hot and heavy. 4 human coaches are in the mix (Ohio State, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame), with Tennessee also in there.

Ohio State and Notre Dame are neck and neck for the #1 overall recruit, Rashaun Drew, with Texas a close 3rd. Drew projects as either a cornerback, or possibly a small wideout? He'll definitely be in the mix as a return man as a true freshman, wherever he winds up.

Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Indiana are the top 3 for outside linebacker Anthony Barrett, with Georgia having a slim chance (they have a visit from Barrett still to come.

5* Athlete Corey Perry is down to USC and Texas. He's from Mandeville, Louisiana, so Texas has an inside track if he wants to stay close to home.

Georgia has a slight lead over Texas for 5* HB Victor Carter. Texas has 5* HB Matt Shelton to fall back on, though, so this battle would seem to be more important for Georgia. Although Shelton is rated higher, Carter is the more explosive back, and has slightly better hands out of the backfield.

Texas and USC are trying to pry JUCO QB Marcus Lumpkin away from the hometown Tennessee Volunteers. I think Lumpkin is a bit overrated.

USC has a surprising lead over Texas for Lone Star State native WR James Cannon. He still has a visit with the Horns scheduled for Week 11, so if they can keep him from committing to the Trojans until then, he could wind up staying home. IF......

One battle really close to my heart is that for 5* MLB Mark Stovall. He has Georgia in the lead, with us (Clemson) second, and Texas third. He has visited both Georgia and Texas, and is visiting us this current week. I'm hoping to nudge past Georgia and land a defensive anchor.

USC and Notre Dame are neck and neck for offensive tackle Kurt Hughes. Hughes would be a huge get, as he could contribute as a true freshman.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #74
Kodos
Resident Alien

Gotta figure our chances for Barrett are pretty slim, but we'll keep trying. We gotta start competing for the big boys at some point.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #75
bignej
High School JV

Reading it like that seems so realistic.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:02 AM   #76
Radii
Head Coach

Well, this is a nice suprise. The very first thing I see after accepting my invite to the league and loading up the online dynasty is that Georgia Tech has landed 4* DE Marques Morris and 3* TE David Sanders. A good omen, I hope
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:37 PM   #77
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Gotta figure our chances for Barrett are pretty slim, but we'll keep trying. We gotta start competing for the big boys at some point.

Barnett had a sepctular visit to South Bend when he came. (I think an A).
Old 09-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #78
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
More on recruiting:

The battle for 5* CB Chris Butler is hot and heavy. 4 human coaches are in the mix (Ohio State, Georgia, Michigan, Notre Dame), with Tennessee also in there.

Ohio State and Notre Dame are neck and neck for the #1 overall recruit, Rashaun Drew, with Texas a close 3rd. Drew projects as either a cornerback, or possibly a small wideout? He'll definitely be in the mix as a return man as a true freshman, wherever he winds up.

If we can get Butler, watch out. Grigsby and Butler would give us the best starting corners, and the building block to one of the best secondaries, in the country.

Drew is an intriguing recruit. He's really small (5'9'', isn't he?), but lightening-quick (4.26). I don't see how he is the #1 recruit in the country, to be honest. 5-star, yes.

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-05-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #79
bignej
High School JV

Quote:

Drew is an intriguing recruit. He's really small (5'9'', isn't he?), but lightening-quick (4.26). I don't see how he is the #1 recruit in the country, to be honest. 5-star, yes.

Very intriguing and pretty much the reason I'm going after him. Also when the number 1 prospect has(had) you #1 on their list, you go after them.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #80
bignej
High School JV

Ohio State got another commit this week. Top committed recruit so far in the nation. Looks like a DE to me but we'll see.

***** ATH Erik Malone 6'5 227 lbs
Nat Rank: 3 Pos Rank: 2
Old 09-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #81
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Very intriguing and pretty much the reason I'm going after him. Also when the number 1 prospect has(had) you #1 on their list, you go after them.

I can see him playing several roles. Maybe like a Percy Harvin. I think his height limits him to to handle the every-down roles at receiver or corner, but I think you could really move him around and use his speed on both sides of the ball; in additional to being a potential stud in the special teams return game. Too bad we don't have formation subs. If we sign him, we'll have to wait until next season to see how we'll handle him.

What is the status on him (no access to the Box right now)? Did OLB Anthony Barnett sign? Any update on Kalifornia's recent review?

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-08-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #82
Kodos
Resident Alien

Someone commit to us. Please!

Barnett has not signed, I believe.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-08-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #83
bignej
High School JV

Be careful Galaxy, I may just sign Barrett anyway. I already have 1 of the top 6 OLB signed with another as a soft commit. I think he has ND and IND in his top 3 with us. Barrett would be icing on the cake as it would really piss off a couple of you.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #84
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Be careful Galaxy, I may just sign Barrett anyway. I already have 1 of the top 6 OLB signed with another as a soft commit. I think he has ND and IND in his top 3 with us. Barrett would be icing on the cake as it would really piss off a couple of you.

I know you and I were tied with the same interest as of last week. Indiana was third, but we had quite a lead with it came to his interest level. If you have two or more signed/soft commit recruits at the same position, of equal of better talent, will that scare off other recruits? Will it promote players of a high-caliber to transfer if they see the depth chart with players, in the same year, of equal or better talent (and who may be ahead of them), if they we're a four of five-star recruit themselves?

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-09-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #85
bignej
High School JV

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes to all of those questions. Isn't Barrett the #1 OLB so he may not feel threatened by the #6. Also I have only signed 1 and once I sign Greenway?, Barrett will probably drop me down. Honestly Id prefer to keep the schollies open so the 1st of the 2 OLB to commit will get the schollie.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #86
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Rivals 100 Update

- The #1 player in the Nation, Athlete Rashaun Drew out of Kentucky, continues to be the object of Notre Dame and Ohio States desire. Right now Notre Dame holds out the early lead on OSU, but it's neck and neck and should come down to the very end.

- DB Chris Butler is another kid with everyone and their mother after him, but currently Ohio State and Tennessee hold a slim lead over Georgia. Don't count out Michigan or Notre Dame however, as both are still in the hunt. Butler has made all his visits, so now it is just a matter of finding the best fit.

- Five star SS Kareem Thurman seems poised to delay his commitment until the very end, as ND holds a lead over USC and Texas, but all indications are that Texas could be in command as they hold a week 11 visit that could pave the way for a decision to be made.

- Another five star DB worth mentioning is Blair Kiel out of Texas. The Longhorns are the favorites, but don't discount Alabama and their week 14 visit. This is a close battle though between Kiels top three, which also includes Michigan.

- One of the more intense recruiting battles resides down in Barberton, OH, where the #1 OLB in the Nation, Anthony Barrett has three teams he is deciding between. Right now it is anyones bet if he goes to Notre Dame or Ohio State, but don't be surprised if Indiana, where walk ons usually start, is a desirable landing spot, as he can come in and play right away.

- Down in Louisana, Athlete Corey Perry looks to be down to two teams in his recruitment, as USC and Texas are neck and neck for the young mans services. Currently Perry favors USC, but a lot can still happen there.

- Expect five star WR James Cannon to commit to USC any week now. Currently USC holds a fairly wide lead over Texas in the hunt for this elite WR.

- Another OLB worth mention, Andy oolin, is also looking to have narrowed things down to two, as he deides between Notre Dame and Texas. The one team who could possibly steal him away is LSU however, as they hol acrucial week 10 visit that could help their chances big time.

- MLB Mark Stovall continues to make waves in his recruitment, as he has Clemson, Georgia and Texas vying for his commitment. Clemson holds the lead right now, but UGA and UT are not far off. This is another one that could go down to the wire.

That's all for now.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #87
Kodos
Resident Alien

"Indiana, where walk ons usually start"?

We are going to crush you without mercy next season.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #88
bignej
High School JV

God I'm starting to hate Notre Dame when it comes to recruiting. They are in on everyone of note. I thought their loss would have had more impact. This is the funnest part of the dynasty though, recruiting against humans.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #89
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Rivals 100 Update

- The #1 player in the Nation, Athlete Rashaun Drew out of Kentucky, continues to be the object of Notre Dame and Ohio States desire. Right now Notre Dame holds out the early lead on OSU, but it's neck and neck and should come down to the very end.

- DB Chris Butler is another kid with everyone and their mother after him, but currently Ohio State and Tennessee hold a slim lead over Georgia. Don't count out Michigan or Notre Dame however, as both are still in the hunt. Butler has made all his visits, so now it is just a matter of finding the best fit.

- Five star SS Kareem Thurman seems poised to delay his commitment until the very end, as ND holds a lead over USC and Texas, but all indications are that Texas could be in command as they hold a week 11 visit that could pave the way for a decision to be made.

- Another five star DB worth mentioning is Blair Kiel out of Texas. The Longhorns are the favorites, but don't discount Alabama and their week 14 visit. This is a close battle though between Kiels top three, which also includes Michigan.

- One of the more intense recruiting battles resides down in Barberton, OH, where the #1 OLB in the Nation, Anthony Barrett has three teams he is deciding between. Right now it is anyones bet if he goes to Notre Dame or Ohio State, but don't be surprised if Indiana, where walk ons usually start, is a desirable landing spot, as he can come in and play right away.

- Down in Louisana, Athlete Corey Perry looks to be down to two teams in his recruitment, as USC and Texas are neck and neck for the young mans services. Currently Perry favors USC, but a lot can still happen there.

- Expect five star WR James Cannon to commit to USC any week now. Currently USC holds a fairly wide lead over Texas in the hunt for this elite WR.

- Another OLB worth mention, Andy oolin, is also looking to have narrowed things down to two, as he deides between Notre Dame and Texas. The one team who could possibly steal him away is LSU however, as they hol acrucial week 10 visit that could help their chances big time.

- MLB Mark Stovall continues to make waves in his recruitment, as he has Clemson, Georgia and Texas vying for his commitment. Clemson holds the lead right now, but UGA and UT are not far off. This is another one that could go down to the wire.

That's all for now.

Great stuff Dex. These posts make it a lot more interesting and fun. Any info on QB Al Francis? I know Clemson, Georgia, and myself are all knocking on his door as of last week. Another battle is watch, as of last week, is 5-star offensive tackle (is he the top OT in the country?) Kurt Hughes. USC and I are battling for his services.

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-09-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:22 PM   #90
bignej
High School JV

Two more recruits sign with Ohio State who now have SEVEN commits.

***** OLB John Greenway 6'5 227 lbs
Nat Rank: 28 Pos Rank: 6

***** DT Warren Pollard 6'2 267 lbs
Nat Rank: 31 Pos Rank: 1
Old 09-14-2008, 12:37 AM   #91
Kodos
Resident Alien

Still waiting for our first recruit to sign here in Bloomington.

And waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting...
Old 09-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #92
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well, I like the 2 pickups I saw when I started to recruit.

We have a lot of recruits on the board most of them 2 and 3 star. I will work with what the computer started with and bring in some of the higher stars if possible.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #93
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
[b]Rivals 100:

Another OLB worth mention, Andy Doolin, is also looking to have narrowed things down to two, as he decides between Notre Dame and Texas. The one team who could possibly steal him away is LSU however, as they hol acrucial week 10 visit that could help their chances big time.

He has given us a soft verbal. Hopefully we can get his signature next week. This guy just has lights-out speed for a linebacker (4.35).
Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #94
Galaxy
Coordinator

Any up-to-date recruiting recaps?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #95
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I had the #2 Center in the nation commit this week. A nice 4 star kid named Caleb Howard. I also had a 1 star Fullback commit for whatever reason, which is odd because the computer at the same time was also recruiting other fullbacks considerably better.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:51 AM   #96
Galaxy
Coordinator

We got another soft verbal in OLB Anthony Barnett. If we can get Barnett and Andy Doolin to give us a hard commitment, we'll have a pair of 5-star, speedy, outside linebackers for the next three-to-four years.

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-18-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #97
bignej
High School JV

Ohio State picked up their 8th commit this week form

4* ILB Matt Hale 5'11 234 lbs
Nat Rank: 262 Pos Rank: 6
Old 09-18-2008, 07:34 PM   #98
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I lost a 4* recruit (I think) to Notre Dame.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #99
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looks like we're gonna lose out on Barnett. Time to focus on other players I guess.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #100
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I lost a 4* recruit (I think) to Notre Dame.

I'll have to look. We haven't signed anyone, at least to a hard commit, in two weeks. We signed Tate Moore, a 4* DT out of Utah, but we signed him a few weeks ago (before you joined).

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-18-2008 at 07:57 PM.