Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

NOFL Difficulty

So...I noticed that there's a discussion starting up in the EBFL about possibly upping the difficulty either to Heisman or via sliders. There's obviously a decent sized gap between some owners here and their stick skills. I haven't lost a game this year with Stanford, and I was hoping that we wouldn't already have a human representative in the National Championship Game...nothing personal against Kingsneb.

I'm wondering what everybody's thoughts are on tweaking the difficulty this offseason.

Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

You're difficult.

Count it.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

bastard
Old 10-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hell Atlantic does not approve of this post.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

lawl
Old 10-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
So...I noticed that there's a discussion starting up in the EBFL about possibly upping the difficulty either to Heisman or via sliders. There's obviously a decent sized gap between some owners here and their stick skills. I haven't lost a game this year with Stanford, and I was hoping that we wouldn't already have a human representative in the National Championship Game...nothing personal against Kingsneb.

I'm wondering what everybody's thoughts are on tweaking the difficulty this offseason.

Like I just posted in the other thread - I wonder more about splitting up owners by skill level rather than just cramming over to Heisman for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Like I just posted in the other thread - I wonder more about splitting up owners by skill level rather than just cramming over to Heisman for everyone.

Personally, if I end up winning the championship in EBFL and I see similar success next year, I'd rather downgrade my team to the worst in the Big XII and maintain my matchups with DeTox and Ironhead than end up in some sort of random collection of "good" players.

Especially since I don't think I have what would be considered "stick skills."
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Personally, if I end up winning the championship in EBFL and I see similar success next year, I'd rather downgrade my team to the worst in the Big XII and maintain my matchups with DeTox and Ironhead than end up in some sort of random collection of "good" players.

Especially since I don't think I have what would be considered "stick skills."

That's certainly an option - but we can't force anyone to do that.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

I would think people are attached to their teams after a couple months of using them. Plus, they are probably eager to get to play with some of their own recruits next season.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:54 AM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post

I've thought about the feasability of this option as well. I suspect there aren't enough "great" players to fill out a league and that it would hurt the fun for that group.

I'm also a bit disappointed that we have a human representative in the NC game already as well, but I don't think going to Heisman is the answer as I think it would be too hard for some of the owners and feel "too cheap" to those and others. While we had several teams have too much success, we also had several really struggle. I hope we can figure out a way to keep it fun without alienating either group.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:59 AM   #11
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I've thought about the feasability of this option as well. I suspect there aren't enough "great" players to fill out a league and that it would hurt the fun for that group.

I'm also a bit disappointed that we have a human representative in the NC game already as well, but I don't think going to Heisman is the answer as I think it would be too hard for some of the owners and feel "too cheap" to those and others. While we had several teams have too much success, we also had several really struggle. I hope we can figure out a way to keep it fun without alienating either group.

Just thinking outloud here...

Maybe it would be fun to have a league in a conference where somehow we drafted based on skill level (i'll honestly say I don't know how you determine that). So in theory the weakest players get the best teams and vice versa.

Quote:

Last edited by wade moore : 10-17-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:08 AM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

Who would rate the players to decide the order?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #13
bhlloy
Coordinator

Tough call on this one. On one hand, it's already not fun being in the same conference and recruiting against Sun Tzu (sorry man, but looking at the guys you are bringing in and the fact you can already kick USC's ass, I don't see where I ever have a hope of winning the conference/playing in the BCS). I'm sure the guys in the SEC have the same feelings of having to compete against KingNeb. Not a knock on either of those guys, but if/when KingNeb wins the NC and the Heisman with a sub 80 rated team, what else is there left to do except knock the difficulty up?

On the other hand if we ever went to Heisman I would be 0-12 and would probably leave the league in a hurry anyway.

I'm having fun in the NOFL, but I would definitely welcome the opportunity to play against guys a little more at my level - especially if we had all 12 guys in the same conference. Seems like right now we are already in a situation where there will be a pool of guys that even the best teams just can't touch and will be in the BCS every single year.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:40 AM   #14
Mike1409
High School Varsity

In another dynasty I am in we are all Pac 10 teams. We set up a rule if you won the NC you had to move to the weakest team in another BCS conference of your choice. Then if another person did they would move to weakest team in that conference. We still play at least 3 games agains humans and has worked well for us.

One guy one the NC with Oregon and then went to Baylor and has stuggled to go .500 for 3 seasons.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #15
BigDPW
College Prospect

I am enjoying this league as is.

I am not concerned about a couple teams being BCS/National Title contenders. I really could care less.

If the league upped the difficulty I would simply back out and play an offline dynasty. The draw of this dynasty to me was to be able to play a couple of humans each year and play it out over the long haul. The fact people are so concerned about teams doing well and thinking of bailing on the league to form separate good player and bad player leagues seems over the top to me.

I say stick with what we have.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:59 AM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

BigDPW,

Ultimately that is my position as well. I thought about other alternatives, but I think we should stick with what we have as well. I think it is a good balance for our current skill levels. If everyone was winning every game, then I'd say go up on the difficulty.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote