Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 8!!!! Uploads due Sunday, November 23rd!!

Week 8 Schedule

#22 Colorado vs Kansas
#8 Oklahoma State vs Kansas State
#20 Texa A&M @ Nebraska
USF @ #4 Pitt
North Carolina vs Virginia
Syracuse vs Rutgers
#13 Kentucky vs #17 Mississippi State
NC State @ Wake Forest
#3 Arkansas vs South Carolina

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Three big human vs human games this week .. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Kentucky, I'm available:

4-10 pm CST Wednesday
4-10 pm CST Thursday
7-11 pm CST Saturday
All day Sunday

Let me know if any of these work, otherwise we can try to work out something else.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-18-2008 at 09:30 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Kentucky (Wade, I think), I'm available:

4-10 pm CST Wednesday
4-10 pm CST Thursday
7-11 pm CST Saturday
All day Sunday

Let me know if any of these work, otherwise we can try to work out something else.

Kentucky is Gram.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

When are you down to play, nej? I'm available every night after 5:30 pacific except for saturday, when I'm available during the day only
Old 11-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Kentucky, I'm available:

4-10 pm CST Wednesday
4-10 pm CST Thursday
7-11 pm CST Saturday
All day Sunday

Let's try for Saturday. I'm going out of town tomorrow (Wed.) and won't be back until late Thursday night. If It's not too late, I will try to see if your around Thursday night, but Saturday is more likely.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:28 PM   #7
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I must say, Nej has the recruiting down in this game. Congrats on owning the "Athlete" (cant remember his name) we were going for, he commited to you. How the heck did you cover 25% of the interest bar in the prior week?

I couldn't beleive it, you closed the bar (at least 25%, maybe 33%) to full and ended up with a soft commit in one week.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #8
bignej
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I must say, Nej has the recruiting down in this game. Congrats on owning the "Athlete" (cant remember his name) we were going for, he commited to you. How the heck did you cover 25% of the interest bar in the prior week?

I couldn't beleive it, you closed the bar (at least 25%, maybe 33%) to full and ended up with a soft commit in one week.

A room full of strippers is not cheap.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:46 PM   #9
bignej
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
When are you down to play, nej? I'm available every night after 5:30 pacific except for saturday, when I'm available during the day only

It looks like I'm only available Wednesday and Thurday night due to a crappy work schedule this week. Lets set it up for Wednday at 5:30 Pacific.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:12 AM   #10
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds good to me.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:15 AM   #11
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas beats South Carolina 63-31 behind De'Anthony Curtis' 24 carries for 265 yards and 2 touchdowns. Michael Smith should be back to full strength next week but Curtis may have overtaken him. Ryan Mallet played solid again going 13-18 for 227 yards and 3 touchdowns. Freshmen safety Marvin West had a big game with 10 tackles and 2 sacks.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:25 AM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Colorado gets 24 fourth quarter points to roll Kansas 52-21. It was tight until Scott busted two long runs (77 and 75 yards) on back to back possessions and then (i thought i subbed him out) ran one more in from 11 to ice it.

Scott carried 33 times for 341 yards and 7 TD for the victory.

He now has 1450 yards and 24 TD on the season and is the main reason we're now 6-1.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #13
bignej
High School JV

some of these rushing totals are ludicrous
Old 11-19-2008, 01:13 AM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignej View Post
some of these rushing totals are ludicrous

330 is the most I've ever had in NCAA. I had 170 going into the fourth quarter, but then Scott broke two down the sideline and was gone.

Generally I like to limit Scott to 20 carries unless it's a game I really need him, but today it was only a 7 point game going into the fourth.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:04 AM   #15
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Nej..I just remembered I'm working a short shift tomorrow, so I'll probably be around starting at about 3:30 pacific.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:08 AM   #16
bignej
High School JV

I will probably on around that time. All depends on the wife if I get on that early.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:21 AM   #17
Radii
Head Coach

Yeah, about those ridiculous rushing yards.

I decided to pull Roberts after 20 carries as long as we were nicely ahead. We gave up a couple big plays in the first half but we were scoring every time we touched the ball, so I was able to pull Roberts. He got 21 carries, which only makes his line even more ridiculous:

21 carries, 385 yards, 7 TDs. A touchdown every 3rd time he touched the ball.

Underwood got 88 yards and 2 more TDs after Roberts left the game.

We crush a horrible Wake Forest team 77-39. Maybe the defense would have been better if it needed to be, but we gave up a lot of big plays. We gave up a 49 yard pass, 38 yard pass, 71 yard pass, and 98 yard kickoff return.

Roberts now has 1952 rushing yards and 30 rushing TDs. With 33 carries, I think Darrell Scott has more carries on the year than Roberts. Roberts is just averaging over 10 yards per run. 99 speed is just ridiculous, Wake Forest has a slow defense, Roberts gets to the first defender so fast that if he breaks a single tackle its almost always a touchdown.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:51 AM   #18
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

how do you guys get sooo many yards rushing? Is it just all speed? What type of running plays do you usually call?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think with the ultra-fast backs, if they get past the first guy or two, they are often gone baby gone.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
how do you guys get sooo many yards rushing? Is it just all speed? What type of running plays do you usually call?

My back has a 99 spin move which means he basically spins out of tackles without me even hitting a button. That is bigger then SP to me with an RB.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #21
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
My back has a 99 spin move which means he basically spins out of tackles without me even hitting a button. That is bigger then SP to me with an RB.

I can back this up. Against Oklahoma State, Scott's spin move turned a ton of 1 yard losses into 2 yard gains.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #22
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:

My back has 92 speed and has been running for 200 and 300 yard games so it's not all speed. Like Detox said, having a good spin move is huge. The spin move is usually what gets me all the extra yards.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I can back this up. Against Oklahoma State, Scott's spin move turned a ton of 1 yard losses into 2 yard gains.

Wait for the B12 Title Game sucknuts.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #24
cmp
Pro Rookie

Well that's wonderful. RROD.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
Well that's wonderful. RROD.

Oof. Sorry man. Do you have a full replacement plan?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #26
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

The long TD runs are almost all outside. I've started limiting the number of times that I call the option in this league(in my other league I am Ga Tech so no limiting the option :P ) but option runs are way way overpowered. You can get the LB's zeroing in on your QB and pitch it out and your HB is exploiting the bad tackling lines the defense takes from the start. Probalby 5 or 6 of Roberts runs in my last game were option runs, and all but one went for a TD, so I just stopped calling the play.

The thing with the 99 speed HB though is that even on sweeps or off tackle runs or even occasionally runs up the middle the HB is *so* fast that if the blocking is good the first and only defender he sees is a CB 8 yards downfield... Where a slower back has to take time to break the tackle, allowing another defender to get in position, the 99 speed guy gets by that first tackle before anyone else is nearby and he's just gone.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #27
bignej
High School JV

I just want everyone to know that I have a 4* DT named Mike Hunt so be prepared to be sacked by Mike Hunt
Old 11-19-2008, 04:09 PM   #28
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I just want everyone to know that I have a 4* DT named Mike Hunt so be prepared to be sacked by Mike Hunt

UGH, did you land him?? That's the guy UNC and I are both going after too I think. I'd much rather be sacking people with mike hunt than... eh, yeah, one post for this is enough I think
Old 11-19-2008, 04:50 PM   #29
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Oof. Sorry man. Do you have a full replacement plan?

Nope. Have to send it to Microsoft. Last time I had mine back in 7 days, hopefully it'll be fast and maybe I'll only miss one game. I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #30
bignej
High School JV

Karl, where are you? I'm ready to rock this.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #31
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Wade when would you like to play our contest? I am avail tonight and tomorrow until about 10pm.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #32
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Bignej just kicked my ass 49-13.

As an aside..are there no mass subs in head to head games? I couldn't find them in the menu. I wanted to get my new guys in but just settled for BJ Daniels
Old 11-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #33
bignej
High School JV

It was a good game. That second half kick return was the back breaker I think.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #34
Ironhead
College Prospect

A&M disposes of Nebraska by a final of 30-3. Nebraska's offense was pretty sad - tons of dropped passes and just no consistency all game. Nothing special on my end either but 4 different players tallied a rushing touchdown.

I did have to restart the game as the first attempt froze while Nesler was giving the team intros. I must warn that I have been frequently getting the RROD lately. I'll be home all next week and I am desperately trying to avoid sending the 360 off for repair during vacation time. It looks inevitable that it will finally have to go out in a coffin sooner rather than later though.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:48 PM   #35
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It was a good game. That second half kick return was the back breaker I think.

Yeah, it was a good game. I'll give my detailed impressions either later tonight or tomorrow after work.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:26 AM   #36
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Wade when would you like to play our contest? I am avail tonight and tomorrow until about 10pm.

How about tonight around 7:00?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:28 AM   #37
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
As an aside..are there no mass subs in head to head games? I couldn't find them in the menu. I wanted to get my new guys in but just settled for BJ Daniels

Even more specifically I think it's just disabled in online Dynasty if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-20-2008, 07:20 AM   #38
Logan
Head Coach

Disabled in online dynasty games against human competition. You can do t against the CPU. Very stupid.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #39
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
How about tonight around 7:00?

I should be home around 7:30 so I will look for you then.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:06 PM   #40
wade moore
lolzcat

Well..

Hell of a game in Chapel Hill.

On the strength of taking the very first pass of the game back for a TD and a Kick Return for a TD UVA takes UNC to OT.

We both score in the first OT.

Then UVA is forced to kick a FG. For some ungodly reason despite angling up to the left my bar jerks ALL of the way to the right and I shank it.

A few plays later UNC kicks the FG to win 38-35 in double OT.

I'm mad at myself about the FG, but likely UNC scores anyways. It was a very contrasting game where UNC thrived on long sustained drives and UVA benefitted from several big plays (even when I don't really go for big plays generally).

I am starting to wonder.. my RB has like an 88 speed and a 90 Acc, yet he seems like he's moving through molasses sometimes - is there a trick to running fast outside of holding on RT? A couple of times this game I had wide open field only to be chased down by a LB.

Either way - VERY fun game mike.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #41
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Sounds like it a was good game, Wade. Tough loss. Keep fighting!!

Well, about my game with nej...I just couldn't stop him. On the few occaisions he needed to pass it, he avoided my superstar defensive ends like a magician. McCoy was insanely good. He was faster than anyone on my defense, it seemed.

My offense was poor. Nejs strength ultimately lies in his defense. Instead of testing him with my O, I allowed him to dictate what I did. He's very intimidating on defense.

I also threw a couple of bad passes, but I can't say they were passes I wouldn't have thrown again if I had another try. It was just a demoralizing loss, in conference, no less.

See you next time, nej.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #42
Mike1409
High School Varsity

The pick on the first play really changed my game plan. I didn't want to panic and try to go long, so I took short plays. After getting the lead with the pick, I thought I would be OK, and then you run the kick back. In the end I started slanting to the edges and controllled the mlb to try and stop the inside runs. I was able to out run your QB the couple of times you ran the option after getting burned by your RB earlier. I thought I still had 1 sec at the end of reg to try a game winning FG.

Good game and good luck the rest of the season.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 11-20-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #43
bignej
High School JV

Quote:
Well, about my game with nej...I just couldn't stop him. On the few occaisions he needed to pass it, he avoided my superstar defensive ends like a magician. McCoy was insanely good. He was faster than anyone on my defense, it seemed.

My offense was poor. Nejs strength ultimately lies in his defense. Instead of testing him with my O, I allowed him to dictate what I did. He's very intimidating on defense.

I also threw a couple of bad passes, but I can't say they were passes I wouldn't have thrown again if I had another try. It was just a demoralizing loss, in conference, no less.

See you next time, nej.

I'm looking forward to it. Defensively we caught many breaks, like stopping you to 4&short multiple times which led to punts. McCoy probably wont be coming back for our next meeting as hes already a 99 OVR and putting up numbers.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:17 PM   #44
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
It was a very contrasting game where UNC thrived on long sustained drives and UVA benefitted from several big plays (even when I don't really go for big plays generally).

That sounds exactly like the UNC/NC State game this year.

Quote:
I am starting to wonder.. my RB has like an 88 speed and a 90 Acc, yet he seems like he's moving through molasses sometimes - is there a trick to running fast outside of holding on RT? A couple of times this game I had wide open field only to be chased down by a LB.

I think 88 speed just isn't really that great for a HB in this game. Speed seems to get almost exponentially better from 90->99. A good power back with speeds under 90 are going to get a lot of good, consistent 6-8 yard runs but will never really be able to break big runs. As with everything else in this game it seems, the answer is really just to recruit speed.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #45
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Logan's speed at playing his games is like a 45.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #46
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
That sounds exactly like the UNC/NC State game this year.

I think 88 speed just isn't really that great for a HB in this game. Speed seems to get almost exponentially better from 90->99. A good power back with speeds under 90 are going to get a lot of good, consistent 6-8 yard runs but will never really be able to break big runs. As with everything else in this game it seems, the answer is really just to recruit speed.

Frustrating game design imo, but good to know that at least I'm not doing something wrong.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #47
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Logan's speed at playing his games is like a 45.

Ok, this was pretty funny.

I'll get my game in tomorrow AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:25 PM   #48
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Gram smacked me pretty good despite a close score. 4 or 5 picks by me and a tough offense to play against did me in. I think Gram won 24-17.

On a side note, I'm bowing out of the league actually (I was selfish and wanted to get one more game in today before announcing!) but we're going to be gone a ton (5 of the next 7 weeks) so it's just not reasonable to stay in. Thanks for a great league guys and good luck the rest of the way!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:21 AM   #49
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Gram smacked me pretty good despite a close score. 4 or 5 picks by me and a tough offense to play against did me in. I think Gram won 24-17.

On a side note, I'm bowing out of the league actually (I was selfish and wanted to get one more game in today before announcing!) but we're going to be gone a ton (5 of the next 7 weeks) so it's just not reasonable to stay in. Thanks for a great league guys and good luck the rest of the way!

Brad - Appreciate your hard work you did. I'll keep you as next on the WL incase anyone drops out and if you still want back in eventually we'd lock to have you.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #50
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Ok, this was pretty funny.

I'll get my game in tomorrow AM.

Did you need a definition of AM?