Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-12-2008, 11:29 PM   #151
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

63 posts in this thread today...very impressive.

We could have the commish of each league do a random number generator for the opposite league to determine the order of who picks what teams. I wonder if people would be interested in picking a conference beforehand and then doing the random thing to pick teams within the conference. I don't think it would be good to have 12 teams spread out across 6 BCS conferences.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:31 PM   #152
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
63 posts in this thread today...very impressive.

We could have the commish of each league do a random number generator for the opposite league to determine the order of who picks what teams. I wonder if people would be interested in picking a conference beforehand and then doing the random thing to pick teams within the conference. I don't think it would be good to have 12 teams spread out across 6 BCS conferences.

I say just pick three conferences, four teams in each conference (which wouldn't be too hard if we went with the under 80 restriction), then randomly assign the teams.

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-12-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:44 PM   #153
Kodos
Resident Alien

Updated info on first page and here.

The list so far:

1. (EST) Kodos - prefers Indiana Hoosiers
2. (EST) DeToxRox - possible commish
3. INDalltheway
4. (CST) EaglesFan27 - possible commish
5. (EST) Wade Moore - 8 to 11 EST during week, prefers weekend games
6. (EST) Logan - available after 7 on weekdays, all weekend - likes Rutgers
7. JetsIn06
8. Raiders Army - moving, needs to set up internet connection
9. (EST) Sir Fozzie - prefers Boston College
10. (EST) KWhit
11. RedKingGold
12. (PST) Sun Tzu - possible commish for Western league after first season - on honeymoon 8/20 to 9/7
13. WVUFAN
14. (EST) Mike1409 - available evenings during week, weekends
15. Galaxy - interested - likes Duke
16. Grammaticus
17. BigDPW - prefers NC State
18. PurdueBrad
19. (EST) kingnebwsu - nights 7-12 EST
20. (PST) bhlloy - available 5:30 to 11 PST
21. (EST) cmp
22. msuballa
23. (EST) Ironhead
24. astrosfan64
25. (CST) Cartman - set up phpbb board?
26. (EST) Hell Atlantic - up late, wide range available

lordscarlet?
Sooner333 - out of country until August 4th
Radii?
Izulde?
Terps?
kcchief19

Balldog - Sold his 360, so out?

Last edited by Kodos : 06-13-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #154
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Very nice...thanks for the update Kodos. Looks like we could potentially have 3 leagues sprouting up. I like the idea of a random number generator determining the teams...it adds a bit of excitement to know I'm going to try to take some random team from bottom dwellar to top of the mountain.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:10 AM   #155
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Balldog - Sold his PS3, so out?

Umm... I thought this was a 360 league???

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #156
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Obviously, if you are up against a CPU-controlled opponent, you'll be able to quit games if you don't like where the game is heading--but beware, as the dynasty commissioner will be able to keep tabs on how many times you backed out of a game, and even throw away a game's final score if he or she thinks things look fishy.

(From the IGN preview)

Do we need to set this as a rule, or let the commish use his best judgement?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #157
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for the update Kodos. This is the kind of diversion we need in this gaming dearth that is June. Worst time of year for sports, video games, and TV. Can't wait til NCAA comes out!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:37 AM   #158
RedKingGold
College Starter

I'd love to have Penn State, but because that's not a team with an OVR under 80; I'd prefer a Big East team from Pittsburgh, Connecuticut, or Syracuse.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 06-13-2008 at 05:37 AM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:13 AM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Obviously, if you are up against a CPU-controlled opponent, you'll be able to quit games if you don't like where the game is heading--but beware, as the dynasty commissioner will be able to keep tabs on how many times you backed out of a game, and even throw away a game's final score if he or she thinks things look fishy.

(From the IGN preview)

Do we need to set this as a rule, or let the commish use his best judgement?

My thoughts are that with the exception of a power outage which shouldn't be a repeated occurence, there is no reason anyone should show up as having backed out of a CPU controlled opponent and that would be grounds to throw that result out and award a loss.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #160
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
My thoughts are that with the exception of a power outage which shouldn't be a repeated occurence, there is no reason anyone should show up as having backed out of a CPU controlled opponent and that would be grounds to throw that result out and award a loss.

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:44 AM   #161
Anthony
Banned

i think it's cool that the commish can see how many times a game was backed out and can toss out the results.

are there in-game saves? what happens if you start a game vs CPU and something comes up and you have to stop playing? i wouldn't have a prob accepting an automatic loss if i had to stop playing mid-game, but i'm just a little teeny bit concerned that once i start playing then i have to devote x amount of time to finish the game. i guess worse case scenario is i just pause the game indefinitely. i don't think i could do that with a human though, especially if i was losing.

i guess the point overall is to not play a game unless you know you can finish it (moreso vs. a human).
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:44 AM   #162
Anthony
Banned

i'm down for whatever team or league (with a slight preferance towards Syracuse since that's the only New York team). i can be flexible, i think i really just want a league with some active and competitive players in it. i don't want a powerhouse though.

Last edited by Anthony : 06-13-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #163
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I am on the list twice numbers 14 & 26.

If we are throwing teams out for preference I would like, UNC-ACC, Vandy-SEC, USF-Big East.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #164
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Umm... I thought this was a 360 league???

Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
I am on the list twice numbers 14 & 26.

If we are throwing teams out for preference I would like, UNC-ACC, Vandy-SEC, USF-Big East.

Fixed.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #165
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Looks like we have a pretty strong Eastern crowd, but a very small group of people running on central/pacific time. We're going to have to find the night owl eastern crowd guys and see if they are willing to run with the central/pacific guys.

Regarding games where someone has quit/restarted the game, I see it this way. Try to clear your schedule for an hour for the game. You can recruit anytime, and for as long or as short as you like. If something comes up after you start a game against the CPU, and maybe your old lady demands that you help her with something that will take an extended period of time, pause it. If you are playing against a Human player, then work it out with him. If he is willing to pause it for an extended period of time then do that, but if you have to get back together the next day or later that night then so be it. Even though the commish can see how many times you quit/restarted, we're going to have to work off of the honor system for this. If there is an owner who regularly has quit/restarted games then we'll have to seriously think about disciplinary actions outside of just a loss.

Other than Hell Atlantic, who else in the Eastern crowd is a night owl?

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-13-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #166
Kodos
Resident Alien

I am regularly up until midnight or 1 EST.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #167
RedKingGold
College Starter

Hey, just a question, but what happened to the idea that we pick a lower tiered conference (like the MAC) and just had all of the owners pick teams from there?

I'm down with a change in ideology (I'd prefer to take a Big East or Big Ten team), but the thought of having a 12-person in-conference league seemed intriguing considering we'd probably all be going after the same recruits, and the majority of the season would be played with humans vs. humans.

But, as earlier said, if that changed, I'm cool with that.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #168
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I think it was a combination of the following that took us away from that idea

A.) It would take much longer for everybody to get their games in. If 80% of your games were against human opponents, the scheduling process could take way too long.

B.) Being in a Non-BCS conference such as the WAC could be fun, but if your goal is the win a championship or play in major bowls then you're going to get gypped more often then not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_conferences for reference.

If 3-4 people really want to play in a smaller conference, I don't see why it would be a problem. However if you're the only one in a league who would like to do that, maybe it's better if you have a solo offline league where you take on Wyoming.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #169
Galaxy
Coordinator

I can play until 11/12 AM EST. However, I can be flexible. You can play your non-human opponents any time within the time frame. 5 to 6 days is good.

I like the idea of 7 minute quarters. Those are what, about a hour games?

What about non-conference scheduling? I think the first year, we should not make any changes (let's play the real schedule). However, what will be the rules in regards to your non-conference schedule after the first year?

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-13-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #170
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

There are benefits to playing a strong OOC schedule as well as risks, so I'd rather not impose any limits on the OOC schedule. However, I agree it should remain the real schedule the 1st year. I don't even think it is possible to change it as I believe dynasties usually start after that part of the offseason schedule is complete.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-13-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #171
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
I think it was a combination of the following that took us away from that idea

A.) It would take much longer for everybody to get their games in. If 80% of your games were against human opponents, the scheduling process could take way too long.

B.) Being in a Non-BCS conference such as the WAC could be fun, but if your goal is the win a championship or play in major bowls then you're going to get gypped more often then not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_conferences for reference.

If 3-4 people really want to play in a smaller conference, I don't see why it would be a problem. However if you're the only one in a league who would like to do that, maybe it's better if you have a solo offline league where you take on Wyoming.

That's cool, just wondering what were the negatives to that idea and that was well explained.

Assuming I get a team in the Big East, it appears that numerous other people have expressed interest in that conference so it would seem to be the best of both worlds.s
Old 06-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #172
Anthony
Banned

if we officially aren't doing the small-conference thing anymore, i'd like to formally request Miami (the real one, not the Ohio one) or Syracuse. i prefer Miami.

does anyone know if you're still able to upload video clips to EA's website? this league would be friggin sick if we were all able to upload highlights of awesome plays against other human owned teams in the league.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #173
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
does anyone know if you're still able to upload video clips to EA's website?

Yep. They go up on EA Sports World which was launched this week. Stat tracking for dynasties will not be live on there though.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #174
Anthony
Banned

THIS IS ABSOLUTE INSANITY. BE PREPARED FOR MEGA POWNAGE (at the college level). i swear i will be uploading highlight clips of my pownage on a frequent basis.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #175
Galaxy
Coordinator

Seems like we got a mix on how to allocate the teams.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #176
BigDPW
College Prospect

I am EST. Usually can't play too late. Especially once September rolls around... (New Job)

I still am interested in running with NC State but I could run with pretty much any team that is not a major sucking team... I suck with my stick skills bad enough!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #177
BigDPW
College Prospect

I still like the idea of only 2-4 teams in a conference... That way the majority of games will still be against the CPU and things can move faster...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #178
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
I still like the idea of only 2-4 teams in a conference... That way the majority of games will still be against the CPU and things can move faster...

Same here. Plus, you increase the chances of playing each other for the national championships and bowl season. Plus, you could always set up non-conference games as well.

If we had too, we could always go with two players per BCS conference. You'll have representation in all six BCS conferences. It also would make the ability to allow more flexibility in the time zones (since you'll have more CPU opponents that you can play at any time).

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-13-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #179
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
if we officially aren't doing the small-conference thing anymore, i'd like to formally request Miami (the real one, not the Ohio one) or Syracuse. i prefer Miami.

does anyone know if you're still able to upload video clips to EA's website? this league would be friggin sick if we were all able to upload highlights of awesome plays against other human owned teams in the league.

I don't think it is official. I think we can put all of these types of issues such as how many human teams to a conference, which conference(s), quarter length, slider set, etc to a vote for each league once we get settled with who is in which league.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #180
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looks like we have a pretty strong Eastern crowd, but a very small group of people running on central/pacific time. We're going to have to find the night owl eastern crowd guys and see if they are willing to run with the central/pacific guys.

Regarding games where someone has quit/restarted the game, I see it this way. Try to clear your schedule for an hour for the game. You can recruit anytime, and for as long or as short as you like. If something comes up after you start a game against the CPU, and maybe your old lady demands that you help her with something that will take an extended period of time, pause it. If you are playing against a Human player, then work it out with him. If he is willing to pause it for an extended period of time then do that, but if you have to get back together the next day or later that night then so be it. Even though the commish can see how many times you quit/restarted, we're going to have to work off of the honor system for this. If there is an owner who regularly has quit/restarted games then we'll have to seriously think about disciplinary actions outside of just a loss.

Other than Hell Atlantic, who else in the Eastern crowd is a night owl?

I work 6 PM-2 AM Eastern weekdays, so I may be a candidate for a west coast league
Old 06-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #181
KWhit
Coordinator

As suggested I think we should have teams be required to be under 80 rating and have a random number generator determine a draft order. We then take turns picking the team we want under 80 and we should shoot for about 3 human teams per conference.

I also vote for 7 minute quarters.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #182
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ok so for the Left Coast league so far I'm seeing the following people.

1. EaglesFan27
2. Hell Atlantic
3. bhlloy
4. cartman
5. Kodos
6. kingsnebwsu
7. Sir Fozzie
8. Galaxy
9. Sun Tzu

For the East Coast league so far I'm seeing the following people

1. DeToxRox
2. Wade Moore
3. cmp
4. Ironhead
5. Logan
6. Kwhit
7. BigDPW

These people are either on the fence, haven't said what their availability is like, or I just haven't looked hard enough. Let me know if I missed you.

1. INDalltheway
2. msuballa
5. Jetsin06
6. Raiders Army
7. RedKingGold
8. WVUFAN
9. Mike1409
10. Grammaticus
11. PurdueBrad
12. astrosfan64

Keeping in mind this is 100% just based on what time zone people are in, and what their availability is like during a typical work week.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-13-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #183
Galaxy
Coordinator

An updated list for those who are in for sure (I’ll add more/edit as other members provide updates):

DeTox-EST
SirFozzie-West Coast/Prefers BC
BigDPW-EST/Prefers NC State
RedKingGold-(No stated time; update me if I missed it)/Open to Big East (Pitt, UConn or Syracuse) or Big Ten
Kodos-12/1 AM EST/Prefers Indiana
Mike1409-(No time)/ACC-UNC, SEC-Vandy, BE-USF
HA-Stays up til 12-1AM EST/Prefers Syracuse
Wade Moore-8 to 11PM EST
Logan-After 7 EST most evenings/Prefers Rutgers
Sun Tzu-West Coast/Prefers Stanford
King-7-12 EST
Bholly-5:30-11 PST
Cmp- After 5 EST
Cartman-after 8/9PM CT (?)
Eaglesfan27-7-10PM CT (one night during the week; most weekends)
Galaxy-Can play until 11/12 EST most nights-later if weekend/Open to any team

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-13-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #184
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

heh
Old 06-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #185
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok so for the Left Coast league so far I'm seeing the following people.

1. EaglesFan27
2. Hell Atlantic
3. bhlloy
4. cartman
5. Kodos
6. kingsnebwsu
7. Sir Fozzie
8. Sun Tzu

For the East Coast league so far I'm seeing the following people

1. DeToxRox
2. Wade Moore
3. cmp
4. Ironhead
5. Logan
6. Kwhit
7. BigDPW

These people are either on the fence, haven't said what their availability is like, or I just haven't looked hard enough. Let me know if I missed you.

1. INDalltheway
2. msuballa
3. Galaxy
4. Jetsin06
5. Raiders Army
6. RedKingGold
7. WVUFAN
8. Mike1409
9. Grammaticus
10. PurdueBrad
11. astrosfan64

Keeping in mind this is 100% just based on what time zone people are in, and what their availability is like during a typical work week.

I usually play 10-12 EST.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #186
Anthony
Banned

i prefer Miami. can someone create another list though, i find these lists to be entertaining, i like the one where we're broken down by time zone. having EF27 and Kodos to defecate on is going to be sa-weet.

i'm only running the option. that's what i do. i want to play in this league NOW.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #187
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

king jackoff77
Old 06-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #188
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
i prefer Miami. can someone create another list though, i find these lists to be entertaining, i like the one where we're broken down by time zone. having EF27 and Kodos to defecate on is going to be sa-weet.

i'm only running the option. that's what i do. i want to play in this league NOW.

I think were going to go with under-80 rated teams.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:31 PM   #189
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

Yeah, I'm thinking he missed that post. HA look on the third page of this thread. All of the teams w/ their OVR ratings were laid out. Unless your post wasn't meant to be taken seriously, in which case I'm calling dibs on 1978 Note Dame.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #190
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here is the relevant post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
JUST TEAMS UNDER 80:

ACC:
Virginia--79
North Carolina--79
Boston College--77
Wake Forest--77
NC State--77
Duke--77

Big 10:
Michigan State 79
Indiana 79
Minnesota 77
Iowa 74

Big 12:
Oklahoma State 79
Colorado 79
Texas A&M 77
Kansas 77
Iowa State 72
Baylor 67

Big East:
USF 79
Rutgers 79
Pittsburgh 79
Louisville 79
Connecticut 74
Syracuse 72

Pac 10:

Washington 79
Washington State 77
Oregon State 77
Stanford 74

SEC:
Arkansas 79
Kentucky 77
Mississippi State 74
Vanderbilt 72
Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #191
wade moore
lolzcat

FWIW, I'd likely lean to Virginia just because then I'd at least have an in-state team, but in the end I really don't care what team I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #192
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

ohhhhhh, forgot. no matter what, i wanna be in a BCS conference. i'm sure everyone here is in the same boat.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:56 PM   #193
Galaxy
Coordinator

League A (West)

Big East:
Hell Atlantic-Syrcause

ACC:
Sir Fozzie-Boston College

Big Ten:
Kodos-Indiana

Pac-10:
Sun Tzu-Stanford

Undeclared:
1. EaglesFan27
2. bhlloy
3. cartman
4. kingsnebwsu
5. Galaxy

League B (East Coast)
Big East:
Logan- Rutgers

ACC:
Wade Moore-Virginia
BigDFP-NC State

Undeclared:
1. DeToxRox
2. cmp
3. Ironhead
4. Kwhit

I'll edit as we get time frames and teams from the other people who I didn't include.

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-13-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not going to declare a team because I think that a random draft order of teams is the only fair way to do that. Also, I think people may want to try out teams before picking their team. Do other people in League A think that we should just pick teams and not randomize it to make it fair?

Also, I'm fine with being commish of the west coast league if I'm in it, but I'm more worried about matching up playing times. Are most people in the west coast league going to be able to play by about 9:00 PM central for our weeknight games? I can play much later for weekend games.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #195
RedKingGold
College Starter

I'm an East Coaster.

Until August 8th, I work from 7AM - 7PM, so I'm probably available only from 8 PM-12AM E.S.T that time.

However, I'm back to being a law student from September on, so my schedule's a lot freer. But, East Coast nights are best, obviously.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 06-13-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #196
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think we should have a randomized draft order, but I don't think it hurts to put out preferences, as long as people realize that they may not get their first choice.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #197
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
I'm not going to declare a team because I think that a random draft order of teams is the only fair way to do that. Also, I think people may want to try out teams before picking their team. Do other people in League A think that we should just pick teams and not randomize it to make it fair?

Also, I'm fine with being commish of the west coast league if I'm in it, but I'm more worried about matching up playing times. Are most people in the west coast league going to be able to play by about 9:00 PM central for our weeknight games? I can play much later for weekend games.

Yeah, I'm with you in not declaring a team. There should be some sort of random draft. As for 9pm Central, that fits perfectly into the playing window I would have.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #198
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

I like this idea. It just seem like the majority of people were posting teams they wanted. Do you go with 2 teams for each BCS conference, 3 teams for 4 BCS conferences, 4 teams for 3 BCS conferences, or just an all out random draft (a conference could get 4 teams, another could get 2, one could just have 1)?

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-13-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:31 PM   #199
Anthony
Banned

what's the point in doing a draft if there aren't any conflicts among who wants what team? it doesn't seem like there's too much overlap, i can't think of a case where there's 2 guys who want to play the same team. if all the pieces magically fall into place and everyone wants a team that no one else wants then what is the harm? just asking. my alma mater isn't in the game so i really don't have an allegiance to any school, i'm only picking Syracuse cuz that's the only decent BCS team that plays in New York. lord knows New York certainly ain't a hotbed for college talent but i'm more passionate about leagues when i have some type of association (no matter how small) with the team.

if there was a case where 5 people wanted like USC, then yeah, a draft would be the only orderly way to do it. i think people will stick with the league much longer and more passionately if they're playing a team they actually follow.

i'm flexible though, i just wanna have fun and dominate. i want this game more than i wanted GTAIV cuz of this FOFC MP league.

Last edited by Anthony : 06-13-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #200
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

HA brings up a good point that if there are no conflicts that we could just name our preference and get it. However, I think if there are conflicts than it should go the draft route. Anyway, assuming whichever league I'm in goes with the under 80 criteria and decides to use the conference, I want Rutgers as it is the only school that I root for on the list.

However, I think each league needs to still vote on issues such as how many human teams per conference, 1 big conference, which teams are eligible, etc.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-13-2008 at 03:38 PM.