Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #2101
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I think I learned in the Cube game that any non-wolf kill is a good one (unless you hit a major role - like Hoops did in said Cube game ). Target someone you think is a wolf, someone who will give us information and kill them. Oh and hope they don't have a role. You get more information that way and the wolves don't get to decide what the information is.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:40 PM   #2102
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyone, I'm sorry guys but my activity is going to have to be down. I just heard that my contract isn't going to be renewed (Oh yes you're great and everyone has said how good you are but our hands are tied by the economy department etc etc) so I have to start the crappy job of looking for a new job. While still sort of schlepping along with the job I have. And looking after the kiddies.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #2103
Telle
College Starter

Sorry to hear that Narcizo
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #2104
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Really sorry to hear that Narc
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #2105
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Anyone, I'm sorry guys but my activity is going to have to be down. I just heard that my contract isn't going to be renewed (Oh yes you're great and everyone has said how good you are but our hands are tied by the economy department etc etc) so I have to start the crappy job of looking for a new job. While still sort of schlepping along with the job I have. And looking after the kiddies.

Ah sorry to hear.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #2106
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'd actually half-convinced myself that Eagle had been converted during the stage that I was certain Autumn and Telle were wolves. I had it all worked out how Eagle would become the Loki role and whoever had the Loki role before would become a boring old Frost Giant or something. I actually thought it was a neat solution. I don't really think that though. I still think there was a kill attempt on J23 and it was blocked.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #2107
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I think I learned in the Cube game that any non-wolf kill is a good one (unless you hit a major role - like Hoops did in said Cube game ). Target someone you think is a wolf, someone who will give us information and kill them. Oh and hope they don't have a role. You get more information that way and the wolves don't get to decide what the information is.

Is it really very likely a player has a role at this point though?

Odin – dubb93
Thor – Chubby
Balder – EagleFan
Freyr – claimed by Mauboy
Tyr – bhlloy
Magni – J23
Unlisted Role - ???

Not claimed by anyone and not necessarily in the game: Bragi, Idunn, Freyja, Heimdall, Frigga, Modi

I can't imagine there being many more villager roles. You may just have to hope you don't hit the person with the unlisted role.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #2108
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
What is Narc's claim to innocence again?

Bah! Did you not read my post about everyone? I included myself in it. Basically, voting DV on day three. Oh and admitting I had the hammer if you think that has any value.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #2109
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post

Odin – dubb93
Thor – Chubby
Balder – EagleFan
Tyr – bhlloy
Magni – J23
Unlisted Role - ???

Not claimed by anyone and not necessarily in the game: Bragi, Idunn, Freyja, Heimdall, Frigga, Modi

I can't imagine there being many more villager roles. You may just have to hope you don't hit the person with the unlisted role.

It also lists Freyr as having a sister, though I'd think that if that is the case, Mau would know by now who that is.

That does make for a good question...
Old 08-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #2110
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Mau - is your sister in the game?
Old 08-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #2111
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

So while I'm getting things off my chest (the Eagle conversion thing) I don't think Hoops should get a whole lot of brownie points for his handling of the mistletoe. He basically didn't know it hadn't been handed to him so it could have been suicidal not to own up to it. I still prefer to think that Hoops is good because I doubt we would be able to lynch him unless we get another wolf first so doesn't seem much point entertaining the idea.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #2112
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I've gone through my list and I don't think any of you are wolves.

Vote no lynch

JAG's just playing with us.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #2113
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Unvote no lynch
Vote Telle

I stand by what I said. Take away anything about the hammer pointing to good or bad and her voting record is one of the worst out there. If it's any consolation I'm far, far, far less certain about this today than I was yesterday.

Probably won't be back.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #2114
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Unvote no lynch
Vote Telle

I stand by what I said. Take away anything about the hammer pointing to good or bad and her voting record is one of the worst out there. If it's any consolation I'm far, far, far less certain about this today than I was yesterday.

Probably won't be back.

Going off of this, do we know why the now known-villager Autumn was so anti-Telle lynch?
Old 08-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #2115
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm sure a few wolves would be willing to help out with lynching me - it shouldn't be much harder than getting any other villagers. But probably easier tomorrow when I can't work from home and argue my case quite as forcefully as I might today.

I'm not going to push for all kinds of trust with the mistletoe. I thought I had a really strong villager resume earlier in the game but the last couple of votes have brought me back to the pack. I certainly wouldn't be miffed if my name was suggested, or at least not like I was at the start of Day 4.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #2116
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Mau - is your sister in the game?

I wasn't given any info on whether she is in the game or not.

Narcizo.. I think you're joking about voting no Lynch but you're better off trying to Lynch eaglefan before no Lynch. We know Balder supposedly can't die by Lynch so if you/we are paranoid of a conversion in ef we might go after him because if he's still Balder he'd survive Lynch. Thus, no Lynch.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #2117
hoopsguy
General Manager

Narcizo, best of luck with the job search thing. I just switched jobs a couple of months ago and my wife has been going through the same process for several months now. I know it can be disruptive, and in many cases not a whole lot of fun.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #2118
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Sort to hear that. Hopefully you won't have a long wait in between jobs.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #2119
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I'd give mauboy a day to prove his power(s). No point in lynching him today before he's had a chance to take action (which probably takes place at deadline).

So let's say that mau has the ability to NK someone. He uses this power and kills a villager. Does this make him good? Bad? What?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #2120
hoopsguy
General Manager

It would certainly help his cause if he is revealed as Freyr when striking down someone. If that doesn't happen, and he takes out a 2nd villager (in addition to standard NK) then that would lend suspicion to some kind of wolf power being masked as Freyr's sword.

Of course, if Freyr's sword ever makes its way back into anyone else's hands, then the jig is up as well.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #2121
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

This makes me sad. I wish you the best of luck in this time.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #2122
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Bah! Did you not read my post about everyone? I included myself in it. Basically, voting DV on day three. Oh and admitting I had the hammer if you think that has any value.
Actually I didn't. I don't generally like to read those lists unless I'm specifically curious about how person X felt about person Y.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #2123
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Day 6 voting as of post 2122:

mckerney 1 - EagleFan (2083)
Lathum 1 - hoopsguy (2094)
Telle 1 - Narcizo (2113)

Last edited by JAG : 08-16-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #2124
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I should also add the more I use my actions the more chances that my sword will be lost or destroyed.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #2125
Zinto
College Starter

Sorry I haven't been on at all today, I am moving up to school on Sunday and putting things off to the last minute has not helped me what so ever. I probably won't be on to think about things till 6 or 7 but I am going to try and post some quick thoughts before I go again.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #2126
Zinto
College Starter

I am not sure why people do not think NTN could be a wolf. Not only has he not been talktive I do not think he has said anything since Friday which only hurts the village.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #2127
Zinto
College Starter

Mau's kill should be helpful. He can try and take out who he believes is a wolf and worst case scenario is he hits a villager since I agree that any more roled villagers seems unlikely at this point. It will also go a good way to clearing him.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #2128
Zinto
College Starter

I don't really know what to think about the real hammer/fake hammer still. If we do end up on that path again we really need to hit the wolf on the item pass trail since if we do not we can not really afford to go in circles trying to figure it out.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #2129
Zinto
College Starter

Alright I need to look over voting history and such before I place a vote and that will not likely be till later so I will end my post streak and apoligize again for not being able to spend as much time on the game as I would like to.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #2130
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:

Sorry to hear the Narcizo.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #2131
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I am not sure why people do not think NTN could be a wolf. Not only has he not been talktive I do not think he has said anything since Friday which only hurts the village.
His complete lack of activity is a definite issue.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #2132
hoopsguy
General Manager

To some extent, the lack of activity is a JAG issue. We can make the problem go away but if JAG indicates he is working on a replacement that might be a reason to hold off.

Having typed that, I really hope he is a villager or else I'm aiding and abetting the wolves by suggesting they get a replacement wolf while pushing the village away from a lynch that could pick up momentum pretty quickly.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #2133
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Lack of activity is certainly becoming an issue. There are a number of people who I just can't process (NTN, Bug708, Mckenerny, Lathum now that he's disappeared, to a degree Racer and Zinto though I'm not really inclined to vote them anyhow)

That only leaves so many choices...
Old 08-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #2134
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Unvote no lynch
Vote Telle

Probably won't be back.

Unfortunate you won't be back, because I'm not seeing the "one of the worst out there"

Yes, if we could somehow FF time and learn NTN is villager, agreed. If he's not though, she's looking solid. I can't really fault her for a day where she went Autumn -> Thomkal - she was in the mix and votes on them is a "bad" vote many have made.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #2135
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote NTNDeacon

I'm going to take the opposite tact from hoops here. I look at it two ways

- If he's a villager - well then he's really not doing us any good. The data point on him well overcomes his inherent value. Even though I do realize if I'm wrong I'll look very horrible

- If he's a wolf - well, that's a good lynch! But it also gives us some people looking pretty damn sterling then, self included. Frankly, if he's a wolf, and he's just not around, I'd expect many a wolf to not let his ouster happen because of this point.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #2136
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
To some extent, the lack of activity is a JAG issue. We can make the problem go away but if JAG indicates he is working on a replacement that might be a reason to hold off.

Having typed that, I really hope he is a villager or else I'm aiding and abetting the wolves by suggesting they get a replacement wolf while pushing the village away from a lynch that could pick up momentum pretty quickly.

FWIW, I have contacted him via PM and seen that he was last on FOFC last night at 10:54pm. If I have not heard from him by deadline and/or seen any activity in thread, I will push for a replacement ASAP.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #2137
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Also, please consider this a public request for anyone reading along that is not in the game to contact me if you have any interest in being an alternative in case one is needed.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #2138
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Odin – dubb93
Thor – Chubby
Balder – EagleFan
Tyr – bhlloy
Magni – J23
Unlisted Role - ???

I figure that since we don't have much to go on right now I may as well reveal as Heimdall and hope that the small amount of information I have can somehow help us.

First, I mentioned that I thought Chubby was probably killed by Loki because he may have stronger attacks, the reason I think that is because Loki is the only wolf who can kill me. I'm immune to the abilities of Loki and attacks of wolves other than Loki, but not attacks from Loki. The abilities part makes me think that Loki may indeed have a conversion ability, but if you ask me it's not worth pursuing at this point unless we really do want to do the no lynch vote as mau suggested. I think we're better off going for a different target though. I'm somewhat more confident revealing with the belief that Loki used an action last night so if he's not able to be the one to attack or use an ability two nights in a row then I should be safe to perform another scan tonight.

I can also tell you that Telle is not Loki, so if the thought was that Loki created the fake hammer than Telle isn't the one who created the fake. It doesn't clear her since she could have passed it off to Loki, or we could be wrong that Loki needed to create the fake, but it's probably something worth considering. Other still alive that I know are not Loki are Barkeep and MrBug.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #2139
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Good info McK - so you can only scan for Loki - other wolves would just come back "not Loki"?
Old 08-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #2140
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Once more, your ears hear the sound of distant combat. You immediately rush towards the sound, trying to reach it in time to assist. Alas, you are too late. Thor's lifeless body lays before you, stabbed numerous times with a dagger. Judging by the deep wound in his back, his slayer may have gotten in a sneak attack to help bring the mighty warrior down.

Chubby was Thor.

Day 6 now begins, please check PM's.

The bolded struck me when it was posted. If McK is telling the truth, I'm less inclined to think Mau is. Partly because that's just a lot of roled villagers

The bolded struck me because could the "sneak" attack have been done by a flying sword and Mau is actually Surt using the sword of Freyr who is the role not in the game that the wolves know of?

There is also this note from the rules, quoting Jag

Items that may be in the game (Note: the existence of an item in game does not necessarily mean the player for whom the item belongs is in-game...there could be items in game just to throw you off as to what players are in the game. The reverse is also true, just because a role is in the game does not necessarily mean their corresponding item is in-game).
Old 08-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #2141
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Good info McK - so you can only scan for Loki - other wolves would just come back "not Loki"?

Yeah, I am unable to clear anyone. I know there had been suspicion that Telle had been Loki as far as the fake hammer went, so I thought it was relevant to confirm that she is not.

I also thought it was important to reveal being even though I know I'm safe from night attacks from the wolves, I'm not so sure I'm safe from attacks from other villagers. If mau is telling the truth I'd rather not end up at the other end of his sword.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:58 PM   #2142
Telle
College Starter

But wasn't there something in the rules that ONLY the owner of an item could actually use it?

Last edited by Telle : 08-16-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #2143
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
But wasn't there something in the rules that ONLY the owner of an item could actually use it?

Good catch. I don't think that means Mau can't still be faking, but it does mean the note was moreso flavor than fact
Old 08-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #2145
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Who did you scan mckerney? Why not present that to us?

I thought we already knew that Autumn wasn't Loki so it wasn't too important. If you want to know the scans I didn't mention were Autumn and one evening I wound up leaving home quickly forgetting to send an order so I didn't get a scan in, though my scan that night would have been Chubby.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #2146
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm out for the day, best of luck all
Old 08-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #2147
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Just to update the list then

Odin – dubb93
Thor – Chubby
Balder – EagleFan
Tyr – bhlloy
Magni – J23
Heimdall - claimed by mckerney
Unlisted Role - ???

Not claimed by anyone and not necessarily in the game: Bragi, Idunn, Freyja, Frigga, and Modi

So that gives the villagers 8 roles. How likely is that?

Last edited by Racer : 08-16-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #2148
hoopsguy
General Manager

More named villagers = fewer people eligible for Valhalla, potentially more starting wolves, or better wolf powers to start.

Going by mckerney's info, it sounds like Loki has multiple powers based on the distinction of attack vs abilities.

We haven't heard anything about Heimdell's horn so far in terms of items, which worries me a little about this reveal. I know there was the note about players/items not necessarily co-existing but revealing with this role also helps minimize the chance that we'll say "prove it" with the role like we are with mau and him getting the sword.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #2149
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Just to update the list then

Odin – dubb93
Thor – Chubby
Balder – EagleFan
Tyr – bhlloy
Magni – J23
Heimdall - claimed by mckerney
Unlisted Role - ???

Not claimed by anyone and not necessarily in the game: Bragi, Idunn, Freyja, Frigga, and Modi

So that gives the villagers 8 roles. How likely is that?

Well, we've got 4 dead roled villagers and 2 dead non-roled villagers, and one revealed roled villager (EF/Balder)? So maybe not too crazy based on the sample set of our small group to analyze? I know most games have more non-roled, but this is the first reveal that leads to some questions based on no item to match the player or way for us to be able to confirm it in-thread.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #2150
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, I'm not sure how much, if any, I'll be online before deadline tonight. I've got a vote in, but I'm worried that the current votes are from me, Heinz, and Narcizo - and potentially none of us will be in position to move them.