Oh, man -- Great Wolf flashbacks.

100% have to get a cabana at a place like that. won't even go without one
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 12:29 PM   #24853
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Did Del Monte change the ingredients in their mixed vegetable cans?

Before there was more green stuff and corn. I had a can last night and it was more potatoes and carrots.

If they changed the mixture I might as well just get the store brand. Kroger's mixed vegetables are also heavy on the carrots and potatoes but cost 50 cents less.

brilliant use of this thread
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 01:16 PM   #24854
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
That is why we always spring for a cabana when possible. So much better of an experience.

whoa aren't we fancy?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 01:42 PM   #24855
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
whoa aren't we fancy?

Just can’t stand being around the commoners.
Old 04-18-2023, 01:49 PM   #24856
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Just can’t stand being around the commoners.

I...well...you are the smartest person alive, my liege.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-18-2023 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2023, 04:31 PM   #24857
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Maybe it used to happen, but I can't picture people "yelling and screaming for more" Glenn Miller band.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 04:36 PM   #24858
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Maybe it used to happen, but I can't picture people "yelling and screaming for more" Glenn Miller band.

Well ... maybe?

The origin of the encore dates back to the 1700s

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-18-2023 at 04:37 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 04:54 PM   #24859
Ksyrup

Oh I can believe an encore, I just have a hard time picturing people going nuts for Glenn Miller.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-18-2023, 05:13 PM   #24860
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The albatross and the whales they are my brothers
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 05:46 PM   #24861
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh darn , darwin, etc
no, don't, stop...

Benadryl TikTok 'challenge': A 13-year-old died in Ohio after participating | CNN
Old 04-19-2023, 01:37 AM   #24862
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Whoa! I totally missed that Ian Anderson and Martin Barre each have their own Jethro Tull band now. Completely missed that. I hear they are honorary members of Journey too
Old 04-19-2023, 08:17 AM   #24863
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well damn, just weeks after Hardee's got themselves back into my "who could I order delivery from" rotation they close all the ones around here.

Looks like a rash of closures from multiple franchisees, a little googling turns up closures all over north Georgia, South Carolina (one that had been there since 1978), Missouri, and Kansas.
Old 04-19-2023, 08:25 AM   #24864
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Whoa! I totally missed that Ian Anderson and Martin Barre each have their own Jethro Tull band now. Completely missed that. I hear they are honorary members of Journey too

Ian Anderson "fired" Martin Barre a couple of years ago.

Ian Anderson tours as Jethro Tull, a bunch of musicians he's worked with for years, he still does the singing but his voice has gone.

Martin Barre tours as "The Martin Barre Band" and plays Jethro Tull songs, got a new singer and if there's an old Tull member around who wants to go a guest slot, it'll be with Martin Barre's band.

My wife decided she didnt want to go to London for her birthday because Jethro Tull (Ian Anderson's version) are playing DC that week.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 08:35 AM   #24865
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Oh I can believe an encore, I just have a hard time picturing people going nuts for Glenn Miller.

Have you considered that the band may have been better than before?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 10:29 AM   #24866
Ksyrup

Quite possible. I suppose there were groupies even back then? Perhaps they were following his tour around the country and this was an amazing night.

In any event, whether the band came back out or not, it ended all too soon.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:47 AM   #24867
Ksyrup

I always get Malcolm McDowell and Roddy McDowall confused. I think it's because although Malcolm is apparently the better actor and more famous, I've only ever seen things Roddy is in. So, when I hear the name, I automatically think of this:

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-19-2023 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2023, 04:54 PM   #24868
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Superidle thought for the day: I really wish YouTube had some way of allowing users to avoid seeing those "shorts" in their subscriptions.

I doubt I bother with 1 out of 500 so they're literally just obnoxiously taking up space in my subscribed feed and making content I might watch harder to spot.

I hate to end up unsubbing from a channel over it but that's where things are heading. Those are actually more annoying that the stupid Reels on Facebook at this point.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:02 PM   #24869
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I always get Malcolm McDowell and Roddy McDowall confused. I think it's because although Malcolm is apparently the better actor and more famous, I've only ever seen things Roddy is in. So, when I hear the name, I automatically think of this:

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-19-2023 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:04 PM   #24870
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-19-2023 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:12 PM   #24871
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Ian Anderson "fired" Martin Barre a couple of years ago.

Ian Anderson tours as Jethro Tull, a bunch of musicians he's worked with for years, he still does the singing but his voice has gone.

Martin Barre tours as "The Martin Barre Band" and plays Jethro Tull songs, got a new singer and if there's an old Tull member around who wants to go a guest slot, it'll be with Martin Barre's band.

My wife decided she didnt want to go to London for her birthday because Jethro Tull (Ian Anderson's version) are playing DC that week.

I saw them in the early 90s when they were still together and it....was just horrible. Simply horrible.

I don't think I'd want to see Tull even tho they are coming to my city. Barre band sounds better

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-19-2023 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:41 PM   #24872
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Well damn, just weeks after Hardee's got themselves back into my "who could I order delivery from" rotation they close all the ones around here.

Looks like a rash of closures from multiple franchisees, a little googling turns up closures all over north Georgia, South Carolina (one that had been there since 1978), Missouri, and Kansas.
I have long thought that Hardees are just fronts for money laundering. To say they are never busy may be an understatement. When every other restaurant in town is busy, some so busy the drive through line is in the street, Hardees will be a ghost town. You can drive up at noon, and they respond like they are surprised you are there, and then it takes them 20 minutes to get your order ready. I didn't ride by there today, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if that one is closed. That is not just isolated to that one store either. I have noticed that at three close to me here (though one has already closed). How have they stayed open for decades without customers?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 06:09 PM   #24873
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I have long thought that Hardees are just fronts for money laundering. To say they are never busy may be an understatement.

There's not been much purpose for them after breakfast ends for decades now.

Aside from the hot ham n cheese (which they ended up overpricing terribly) there wasn't a reason to be there after 10a or so.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:42 PM   #24874
Ksyrup

Quote:

I didn't realize they made a Sting biopic.
Old 04-19-2023, 06:43 PM   #24875
Ksyrup

Jack in the Box is making a big entry into Kentucky. 5 are opening in the Lexington area all of a sudden. Never been but I don't do the old style fast food places much any more.
Old 04-19-2023, 07:27 PM   #24876
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I have long thought that Hardees are just fronts for money laundering.

... and brick-and-mortar mattress stores.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-19-2023 at 09:31 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 08:36 PM   #24877
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Jack in the Box is making a big entry into Kentucky. 5 are opening in the Lexington area all of a sudden. Never been but I don't do the old style fast food places much any more.

It's like the Taco Bell of burgers. Great drunk food. Although sometimes you just need a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger.

RIP Monster Tacos though. Those things were amazing late night food.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 09:29 PM   #24878
cuervo72
Head Coach

Why in the world is ESPN sticking with a 6-2 game with 1:44 left rather than a game just underway? Farm the blowout to ESPNU.

OH SORRY 6-3 NOW I GUESS THAT CHANGES THINGS
Old 04-19-2023, 10:27 PM   #24879
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Why in the world is ESPN sticking with a 6-2 game with 1:44 left rather than a game just underway? Farm the blowout to ESPNU.

OH SORRY 6-3 NOW I GUESS THAT CHANGES THINGS

And are we going to have two months of that annoying Scotts Turf Builder advert with the guy with the awful fake Scottish accent? And two months of the advert with the girl with a mustache? I'm sick of them already.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:01 PM   #24880
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's like the Taco Bell of burgers. Great drunk food. Although sometimes you just need a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger.

RIP Monster Tacos though. Those things were amazing late night food.

I just remember the 2 tacos for a buck...it was nothing but beef and gooey cheese in a hard shell but omfg. amazing garbage
Old 04-19-2023, 11:03 PM   #24881
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I didn't realize they made a Sting biopic.

lol yeah evber since the 90s when he appeared in that computer game Wing Commander 3 with Mark Hamill, he's looked like that (that was the heyday of trying mesh early CGI with live action actors . Looked terrible lol
WC3, 7th Guest, Phantasmagoria, and of course that crappy Cameron Avatar movie looked exactly like that
Old 04-20-2023, 12:54 AM   #24882
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's a truly classic Columbo episode, one of the best finales of the series.

And yeah I imagine Roddy has been seen by more Americans and by a pretty fair margin, by virtue of an earlier career, a longer career and a more varied career he would be much more accessible to the average person.

By the time Malcolm appeared in Clockwork Orange Roddy already had a career as a child star, had been in a Best Picture winner, had appeared in war epics, biblical epics, historical epics, every TV drama anthology known to man, had multiple Broadway hits, won a Tony, had a major part in a sci-fi classic.

And that's before we even really get to all the guest star work he did in the color era of television
Old 04-20-2023, 01:00 AM   #24883
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

He is also one of my favorite voice actors of all time. 2 of those pics other than Cornelius in Planet of the Apes (which was no doubt all dubbed in) were Samwise from Rankin Bass Return of the King
and Ratty from Wind in the WIllows

The last was Fright Night

But yeah a lot of his big stuff was 60 70s stuff. He worked so much. Malcolm pretty much had Clockwork and everything else was legacy of that. Got into a lot of scifi these past decades
Old 04-20-2023, 06:48 AM   #24884
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
And are we going to have two months of that annoying Scotts Turf Builder advert with the guy with the awful fake Scottish accent? And two months of the advert with the girl with a mustache? I'm sick of them already.

He looks like what you'd get if you told the makeup artist to make Seth Green look 65.

As far as the mustache girl, we actually had an interesting conversation with the in-laws about whether that was intended to be an LGBTQ-positive message in disguise. They were perplexed with what it had to do with the ad, if not to suggest some sort of androgynous character (especially since it is a woman dressing like a gay man). It's clear at the beginning she's not happy about having a mustache, but it seems the point is to go with what makes you "you" (and oh yeah, buy shit from Amazon). It just might be a little too subtle for DeSantis to get mad about - unless all the snowflake feelings haven't percolated to the top of the internet yet so I haven't seen the outrage and calls for a boycott.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-20-2023 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-20-2023, 07:51 AM   #24885
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Superidle thought for the day: I really wish YouTube had some way of allowing users to avoid seeing those "shorts" in their subscriptions.

I doubt I bother with 1 out of 500 so they're literally just obnoxiously taking up space in my subscribed feed and making content I might watch harder to spot.

I hate to end up unsubbing from a channel over it but that's where things are heading. Those are actually more annoying that the stupid Reels on Facebook at this point.

Agreed. There should be a simple "no shorts" option.
Old 04-20-2023, 08:56 AM   #24886
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Met some people at breakfast at the Dominican resort we're staying at. They live about 15 minutes from where I grew up. Knew some of the same people.

Last time in St. Lucia we met people who live 15 minutes from where we currently live. Know some of the same people.

It's weird how small the world can be sometimes.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 09:14 AM   #24887
Ksyrup

Same thing happened on our cruise. We had dinner at a specialty restaurant and sat with a young couple and the wife grew up in our town, graduated from the same HS my kids did, and they still live 30 minutes away.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:28 AM   #24888
Ksyrup

Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly is going to be the name of my first album.
Old 04-20-2023, 10:33 AM   #24889
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

We did a Disney cruise about 6 years ago. Sitting at the pool and this guy sits uncomfortably close to me. Legs touching and says “what’s up man” Inlook over like, WTF, and it was our financial planner. Funny thing was we didn’t tell him we were spending 10K on a cruise!
Old 04-20-2023, 10:52 AM   #24890
Critch
lolzcat

I was in my local kabob shop to pick up our regular "yay! we've made it through another monday!" reward and I met a guy from my hometown, a fairly small town just outside Glasgow, Scotland. We didnt know each other but we knew a lot of the same people from playing high school soccer back in the 80s. Small world.

Strangest part of the conversation was him saying "say hello to Fergie from me next time you see him" and me having to answer "Fergie has been dead for 30 years".

Last edited by Critch : 04-20-2023 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-20-2023, 12:51 PM   #24891
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm not even sure where to put this story but it's one of the more consistent clown shows I've seen in a long time. There was some sort of scuffle yesterday, today a defense attorney got arrested (prescription drugs not in original container, AND assault when he fired his phone at a bailiff), another of the 14 defendants was charged when they found he came to court with 2 bags of pot sown into a extra pair of undies he was wearing. Mind you, this occurs months after one defendant was charged with passing drugs in the courtroom to another defendant & then trying to eat the rest of the stash he was carrying in the courtroom.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/def...jury-selection

Meanwhile, jury selection continues (sort of) with hardship claims still being heard & decided ... we haven't even begun the voir dire process, which will have all 14 defendants attorneys take a stab at any questions they have about prospective jurors answers to a 283 item questionaire.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:25 PM   #24892
GrantDawg

Quote:
I'm not even sure where to put this story but it's one of the more consistent clown shows I've seen in a long time. There was some sort of scuffle yesterday, today a defense attorney got arrested (prescription drugs not in original container, AND assault when he fired his phone at a bailiff), another of the 14 defendants was charged when they found he came to court with 2 bags of pot sown into a extra pair of undies he was wearing. Mind you, this occurs months after one defendant was charged with passing drugs in the courtroom to another defendant & then trying to eat the rest of the stash he was carrying in the courtroom.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/def...jury-selection

Meanwhile, jury selection continues (sort of) with hardship claims still being heard & decided ... we haven't even begun the voir dire process, which will have all 14 defendants attorneys take a stab at any questions they have about prospective jurors answers to a 283 item questionaire.
Yeah, that is full on crazy stuff.
Old 04-20-2023, 01:39 PM   #24893
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, that is full on crazy stuff.

I'm expecting Terrance Hill (as Trinity) to show up any time now.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:23 AM   #24894
GrantDawg

I'm at Jordancon convention, abd me and a couple of friends pregamed last night. My mouth tastes of bad decisions.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2023, 09:53 AM   #24895
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

that's what she said
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 04:21 PM   #24896
GrantDawg

I think inviting a sailor to this was a bad idea. It is not even 6 pm and already sort of sloshed. We will bring heading to a brewery I'm an hour or so.

Old 04-21-2023, 05:28 PM   #24897
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:

I closed the Shorts section on my YouTube window an it said it would not show me any for 30 days. I haven't seen any since then. I haven't looked to see if there's a way to extend that, but I will at some point.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 07:05 PM   #24898
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
I closed the Shorts section on my YouTube window an it said it would not show me any for 30 days. I haven't seen any since then. I haven't looked to see if there's a way to extend that, but I will at some point.

I've never even noticed such a thing (an actual section devoted to them)... but I wonder if that applies if it's a channel you're subscribed to?

fwiw, I checked both my desktop (99.9999% of my YT usage) and the phone version (i mean, i know it exists) and found no option to even do such a wonderful thing :/
Old 04-21-2023, 07:20 PM   #24899
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've never even noticed such a thing (an actual section devoted to them)... but I wonder if that applies if it's a channel you're subscribed to?

fwiw, I checked both my desktop (99.9999% of my YT usage) and the phone version (i mean, i know it exists) and found no option to even do such a wonderful thing :/

From my desktop, if I go to youtube and scroll down through the initial feed I will eventually find a Shorts section and the innocuous looking X to the right will remove shorts for 30 days, but it's not obvious unless you hover over it:

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 07:35 PM   #24900
GrantDawg

I have had poutine, and I will never be the same again.