Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #51
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I fucking love Weeds. I don't know why. I don't think it's brilliant. But it's like I can picture the writers sitting around a table, writing something crazy and saying "why the fuck not" and no one stops them. Just a bunch of writers having a good time.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-25-2011 at 07:39 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #52
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I fucking love Weeds. I don't know why. I don't think it's brilliant. But it's like I can picture the writers sitting around a table, writing something crazy and saying "why the fuck not" and no one stops them. Just a bunch of writers having a good time.

Yeah - Weeds is pretty hilarious. This season hasn't been as ridiculous as some of the past ones (the drug tunnel in the shop? Really?!!?!) but I have faith.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #53
miked
College Starter

I loved Weeds, especially the first 2 seasons. Then it starting getting deeper and sillier, and I found myself annoyed with the main characters (Nancy, her kids) and not enough of the guys I liked (Doug, Andy). Plus, her friend fucking annoyed me and her storylines just kept getting more stupid.

Last edited by miked : 07-25-2011 at 08:45 PM.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #54
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
H_B, you need to watch this next episode then

I finally watched this episode. I am still one behind (this last Sunday's).

I really enjoyed it. It was funnier than most and I like the humor. It's fun to see Erik get to cut lose a little bit from his usual dour seriousness. I loved the scene with Bill and the Bellfluers. I was glad to see Jason finally break outta Hot Shot and kill that panther dude. He was annoying. Not thrilled to see Joe Lee and Melinda back in the picture. They annoy me.

I've been enjoying things so far.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #55
StLee
High School Varsity

I hate the whole Tommy, Joe Lee, Melinda angle. Will their story line ever tie in to the main story line of a season? If not, cut the fat!

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #56
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

I really like this show. First started watching on disk through netflix after hem hawing around about if I really thought it would be worth getting. Blew through the first two seasons very quickly and was watching 3 when netflix raised prices, again. Terminated my disk rentals from netflix and turned on hbo with DISH and finished season 3 with HBO online. My biggest problem now is I'm used to being able to watch three episodes back to back and now have to wait a week for each new show

From season 1 'til now I'm amazed at how much I've come to like Erik and Pam. Its funny that even though the lady witch(can't come up with her name) is a human I am wanting Erik and Pam to have their revenge. Is that wrong?

All of the characters are well done and fun to watch. The only one I don't really care for is Tara. It's not the actress, she does a good job playing the part, its the character. If you look back at Honolulu Blues post describing all of the characters I pretty much agree with everything he said.

Like Dexter, True Blood just keeps bringing me back. Both shows do a good job of ending the show with enough going on that I need to see what happens next. That is what good tv does.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #57
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Not thrilled to see Joe Lee and Melinda back in the picture. They annoy me.

I've been enjoying things so far.

I am finally all caught up and... yes! Well done, writers.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 08-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #58
korme
Go Reds

Tommy's character has great potential now. He's like Mystique from X-Men! Totally bad ass.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #59
Desnudo
Coordinator

I love this season so far. The necromancer storyline is great.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #60
MikeVic
Head Coach

Great season so far.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #61
StrangeWay
n00b

I'm loving Eric and Pam so much this season. Best so far.
StrangeWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #62
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Wait, didn't Pam marry Jim?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #63
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm watching, but only because I'm in a hotel every week with HBO.

I'm glad Pam's getting her face back, that was getting a little rough to look at.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #64
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am really enjoying this season too. I like Bill much more as King than love sick vampire.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #65
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I've watched this one from the get-go. This season is solid so far. It's getting a bit much with a few things

- Werepanthers? Really? Ok, let's stop making types of people up. I swear there are no vanilla villagers in this reality.

- Tara. Please kill her off.

- I'll take more of the hot redhead, good gravy.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #66
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I've watched this one from the get-go. This season is solid so far. It's getting a bit much with a few things

- Werepanthers? Really? Ok, let's stop making types of people up. I swear there are no vanilla villagers in this reality.

- Tara. Please kill her off.

- I'll take more of the hot redhead, good gravy.

-Well played!

-Yes PLEASE!!

-Mmmm...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssss
Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #67
MikeVic
Head Coach

I was excited last week when I thought Tara might finally change as a character. But nope, she's still the worst character on the show. Sam's brother was challenging her but now with his new power evolution, he could be interesting.

I agree they need to keep some people as normal. Or explain why so many "powered" people live in this area. Like it's a Hellmouth or something.

This past week was a fairly weak episode imo. Too much talking, and then the Tara crap.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #68
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I don't mind the Hellmouth aspect of Bon Temps. I kind of like it. I also like the fact that it's pretty heavily commented on within the show. You still have your stable of solid "normal" people like Jason, Hoyt, Hoyt's mom, the Bellfluers, Arlene and Terry and poor, strung out Ginger, who makes me laugh.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #69
miked
College Starter

I didn't read any of the books, so I have no preconceived notions.

I enjoyed season 1, thought it was solid.

Season 2 was meh, I didn't like the Maenad thing, but thought Godric was badass...wish they could bring him back.

Season 3 I thought was great. I loved Russell and the Eric flashbacks. Could do without the Sam stuff.

Season 4 is solid so far, but some of the fairy stuff is silly.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #70
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Season 4 is solid so far, but some of the fairy stuff is silly.

Luckily, they have been smart and have confined all the fairy stuff (so far) to the first few minutes of the first episode. Other than that, we saw Sooki's fairy godmother for like 5 seconds before she was promptly eaten by Erik. That's the way to handle the fairy stuff.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #71
korme
Go Reds

Season finale was last night. Yayyy!
Spoiler
Old 09-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #72
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Season finale was last night. Yayyy!
Spoiler

Doubtful. I'm sure one of the vamps will be coming to solve that situation.

More like "Yayyy....naked Jessica!!!"
Old 09-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #73
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Doubtful. I'm sure one of the vamps will be coming to solve that situation.

More like "Yayyy....naked Jessica!!!"

My tweet, during the live broadcast last night:

shane_____ shane kormelink

Jessica tits! Finally! #trueblood

Old 09-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #74
TRO
College Prospect

This was actually one of the best shows I've seen in a while. The comedy was on in full force and they just blew through the hokie drama.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #75
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My tweet, during the live broadcast last night:

shane_____ shane kormelink

Jessica tits! Finally! #trueblood

Indeed!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #76
Bad-example
College Starter

I'm glad the show's back, but the news isn't all good...

Spoiler
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #77
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Looks like they are setting things up for a pretty interesting season. The Authority, the return of Russell Edgington...

At least Tara looks like she'll be quite a bit different than in seasons past. That was the real problem with the character.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:18 AM   #78
spleen1015
Coordinator

Russell Edgington was the worst thing about this show. I really hope he's not as bad as he was the first time.

I thought the season got off to a good start last night. Need more Jessica nudity though.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:57 AM   #79
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Russell Edgington was the worst thing about this show. I really hope he's not as bad as he was the first time.

I thought the season got off to a good start last night. Need more Jessica nudity though.

Huh. I think Russel has been the best villain on the show so far.

Can't argue with more Jessica. Always a good thing.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #80
korme
Go Reds

My first reaction, aside from Tara not being dead (unfortunately):

Hot damn there are a lot of storylines and characters.

And that's not really Eric's sister, right?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #81
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
My first reaction, aside from Tara not being dead (unfortunately):

Hot damn there are a lot of storylines and characters.

And that's not really Eric's sister, right?

I don't think she's Eric's biological sister in the fact that they were born from the same mother. I think she's his "sister" in that they both had the same sire (Godric) and were likely both created around the same time or so. So, in vampire terms Godric's their "father" (sire") and they are his children and thus sort of like vampire "siblings".

For example, if Bill made Jason a vampire, Jason could be considered Jessica's "brother" in vampire terms.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #82
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think she's Eric's biological sister in the fact that they were born from the same mother. I think she's his "sister" in that they both had the same sire (Godric) and were likely both created around the same time or so. So, in vampire terms Godric's their "father" (sire") and they are his children and thus sort of like vampire "siblings".

For example, if Bill made Jason a vampire, Jason could be considered Jessica's "brother" in vampire terms.

They are definitely no biological siblings. They talked about it right before they were re-captured.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #83
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Like 3 Eps in... Is this Tara character annoying throughout the rest of the episodes? I find myself wanting to fast forward through all of her scenes.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #84
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Like 3 Eps in... Is this Tara character annoying throughout the rest of the episodes? I find myself wanting to fast forward through all of her scenes.

Yes, worst character.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #85
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

yeah, she sucks. And the problem is it becomes pretty clear halfway through the first season the producers had no idea what to do with her
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #86
StLee
High School Varsity

Tara is the character who is always shitdeep in the middle of the main storyline and always (ALWAYS) the victim.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #87
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This is some addicting mind rot shit. Midway thru season two. Wished there was more payoff when Jason nailed the preacher's wife, but who knows if she even would look good naked.

Tara has to be a bottom 5 TV character of all time. I'm tired of the "Black people can't get their shit together" cliche that is Tara and her mom. Every scene with the mother has been done 100X better in a John Singleton movie. And Tara just comes across as a clueless shithead over and over. I don't get how they can write Lafayette with so much humanity, yet screw the pooch so badly with Tara.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #88
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Only been three episodes, but this season has been great so far.

Except for, well, the obvious.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #89
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So I'm about a quarter of the way thru season 4.

1. Never thought I'd be this tired of seeing Anna Paquin's boobs.
2. I feel considerably more stupid than I did before I started watching this.
3. Rutina Wesley will burn in hell for this
4. I hate the theme sequence....I basically have created a game whereby I attempt to exactly skip all of it on my iPad. I am bad at this game
5. I think Pam is my favorite character
6. The guy who plays Eric is so hot that I would briefly consider going gay with him.
7. Why the fuck is everyone so goddamn special. We got shapeshifters, mediums, faeries and shit all living in the same group of friends.
8. When given the chance to kill off Russell Edgington and Tara, YOU TAKE THAT CHANCE. Screw the books
9. I hear Steve Newlin is back. I'm excited.
10. WTF was that werepanther storyline. That was insanely horrible.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #90
MikeVic
Head Coach

Season 4 was where I almost dropped the show (wasn't season 3 Russell?)... I loved Russell actually, so I didn't wanna see him killed off... although I agree about Tara. Season 5 has maybe one or two redeeming factors and the rest has sucked balls.

Werepanther story was horrible, and Pam is the best character on the show. Season 5 has some more of her through the first few eps.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #91
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Season 4 was where I almost dropped the show (wasn't season 3 Russell?)... I loved Russell actually, so I didn't wanna see him killed off... although I agree about Tara. Season 5 has maybe one or two redeeming factors and the rest has sucked balls.

Werepanther story was horrible, and Pam is the best character on the show. Season 5 has some more of her through the first few eps.

Season 5 has been really solid so far, faeries aside.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #92
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Season 5 has been really solid so far, faeries aside.

Is that sarcasm?? lol. I guess it's gone more in a direction of craziness that I didn't care for or something then. Boring and/or stupid storylines.
Spoiler
Old 07-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #93
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
7. Why the fuck is everyone so goddamn special. We got shapeshifters, mediums, faeries and shit all living in the same group of friends.

This is why I stopped watching. The original fairy reveal had me rolling my eyes at levels unheard of.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-19-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #94
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Is that sarcasm?? lol. I guess it's gone more in a direction of craziness that I didn't care for or something then. Boring and/or stupid storylines.
Spoiler

Not in the sllightest. I've enjoyed the season so far. I've loved all of the Erik and Bill hijinks. Love seeing an old character come back. I enjoy all of the Authority/Vampire stuff. The werewolves have been more interesting this year than in the past. Sookie's been a much better character.

So far, so good this season.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #95
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't like the BS that is going on with Layfayette this season. Makes no sense and doesn't seem to fit.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #96
chinaski
College Prospect

latest episode, best of the season.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #97
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Finally caught up

1.Wish they wouldn't have killed the guardian so fast
2. Hoyt fucking sucks
3. Tara's mom needs to die painfully
4. Wonder who made Steve Newlin
5. The baby eater guy is too much
6. The chick who is Alcide's #2....was she a wrestler?
7. Tara is much better as a vamp
8. WtF is this layfayette story
9. Don't care about Sam/the girl
10. Dont care about Andy
11. Don't care about Arlene and her husband
12. They need to write off a bunch of the side characters.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #98
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I would give jessica's nude scene about a 5 out of 10. I had hoped for so much more. The actress must have a strong aversion to doing full frontal nudity
Old 08-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #99
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

this season is dumb.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #100
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I would give jessica's nude scene about a 5 out of 10. I had hoped for so much more. The actress must have a strong aversion to doing full frontal nudity

Which one? She's never been what I would consider nude.