Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #151
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
EF may be right. I might just go back to all offline this year. Sometimes multiplayer seems like more hassle than it is worth.

Sadly, that's the conclusion I'm headed towards.

I really do think that the Madden guys have the right attitude and are headed in the right direction.

But I feel like they should have probably just held off on Online Franchise, rather than release it like this. The more I learn, the more it seems like it is a steaming pile.

The NCAA guys seem to be clueless. However, I really liked OD this year. If they can manage to not completely screw it up (like they seem to have possible done with the micro-transactions) things would be fine.

Right now my mind may be headed towards just getting Madden, but only for offline. Which sucks. I thrive off of online play. It is very difficult for me to get into a game these days solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #152
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Sadly, that's the conclusion I'm headed towards.

I really do think that the Madden guys have the right attitude and are headed in the right direction.

But I feel like they should have probably just held off on Online Franchise, rather than release it like this. The more I learn, the more it seems like it is a steaming pile.

The NCAA guys seem to be clueless. However, I really liked OD this year. If they can manage to not completely screw it up (like they seem to have possible done with the micro-transactions) things would be fine.

Right now my mind may be headed towards just getting Madden, but only for offline. Which sucks. I thrive off of online play. It is very difficult for me to get into a game these days solo.

Sadly I'm heading the same way. Online is fun when playing the right people but madden seems so far ahead of ncaa that I leaning back towards passing on ncaa and geetting madden solely for offline play and the occasional exhibition game against friends.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #153
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

So, is this Madden League still on despite the complications? With a dedicated commish (I'd be willing to pay a commish, ha) it could be really fun.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #154
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah, I think it's still on. I'm down.

It sounds like there wont be many NCAA online dynasties here, if any. I can't say that I'm all that dissapointed either. I know that my feeling on the matter may change as soon as the NCAA Football season kicks off, but for now I'm ready for the Madden transition.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #155
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'm still in to run this mug if people want it done.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #156
Kodos
Resident Alien

If NCAA scores are any indication, I'd suggest short quarters to get more realistic scores.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #157
BigDawg
H.S. Freshman Team

FBPRO had no sal cap and I loved it so count me in, I am sure 32 guys can work something fair out here is what one FBPRO does, could be modified to fit the madden league....

The following free agency plan pertains only to free agency that takes place over the off-season. Free agency during the regular season remains unchanged. The free agency period will run for approximately a week, stop during the draft, then resume after the draft with the pool of un-drafted rookies included in with veteran free agents.

Each season a number of veteran players from each team will become free agents, available on the open market. Actual numbers may vary due to trades, retirements, cuts or other roster moves. But once a player has a designated season after which he’ll become a FA, that date will not change until he has been through the free agency process (including being cut and resigned from the regular season FA pool).

Drafted players will be eligible to become FAs after they complete their fourth season in the league. Players signed from the free agent pool or from another team’s practice squad will be free agents after one year, unless points are used to extend their contracts.

Each team will receive 25 bidding points, and possibly bonus points, with which to attempt to sign free agents. There is no top limit to bids except the total number of points a team has to use, however teams must bid a minimum of one point to sign anyone during the regular free-agency period. Bids may only be placed in whole numbers. Once a team is out of points, it may not sign any more players in off-season free agency. Points not spent will not accrue from season to season.

A player will sign for no less than half of the max bid from a team. Meaning if you bid 20 for a player the least amount he will sign for is 10 points or 1 point over the next highest bid, whichever is higher. Example you bid 20 points on Johnny Dash No one else bids on him, he signs with your team for 10 points. Example 2 you bid 20 points on TE J. Bryk, another team bids 5, he signs with you for 10 Points. Example 3 You bid 20 points on TE J. Bryk, team 2 bids 15, he signs with you for 16 points.

Based on overall roster strength as determined in Roster Breakdown, bonus points will be given to teams with weaker rosters to improve. The ratings will be compiled less the values of the FAs who had been on the team rosters.

Players will also have a say in where they play, according to the needs of the teams attempting to sign them.

Depending on the roster slots they are likely to fill, as defined below and assigned by the computer, players may receive bonus points:

Tier 1 +2 points:

QB1

HB1

FB1

WR1-2

TE1

C1

G1-2

T1-2

K1

P1

DE1-2

DT1-2

LB1-3

CB1-2

S1-2

Tier 2 +1 points:

QB2

HB2

FB2

C2

G3

T3

K2

P2

DE3

DT3

LB4

CB3

S3

Lower roster slots receive no bonus.

The power of inertia dictates that players being bid on by the team who last had them on their roster will receive .5 points. This will function basically as a tiebreaker where applicable.

Once signed, players' contracts may be extended by One (1) season at the cost of one (1) bidding point, two (2) seasons at the cost of 2 bidding points or by three (3) seasons at the cost of two (3) bidding points. Contracts may only be extended in the season in which the player is signed and by the original signing team.

Teams may protect players from becoming free agents in three ways:

1. Each team may designate one player from its roster as its franchise player. This player will never be eligible for free agency as long as the tag is kept on that player. If a tag is rescinded, the former franchise player will automatically become a free agent during the next free agency period.

2. Teams may resign one of their own free agents each season without exposing that player to bids from other teams. The automatic resign will cost four (4) bidding points, if used.

2a. In addition, teams with six or more free agents in a single season (excluding players on one-season contracts taken from the FA pool) as determined at week 8 of the regular season will receive an extra automatic resign. The second resign will cost four (4) bidding points, if used.

3. Teams may designate a transition player. This player may be signed by another team, but the original team can match the bid. If the original team chooses not to match the bid, there will be no compensation awarded for losing the player. Transition players will be signed to standard four-year contracts, which can be extended using bidding points. A minimum bid of two points must be made to sign a transition player.
BigDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #158
DeToxRox
Head Coach

That FA plan BD has is interesting. The one I was thinking of is less complicated but more ripe for parity. In an old FPS Baseball league I was in, we had a draft for all FA's.

You could protect any player under so many years of service automatically, and then protect a certain amount of other guys (I forgot the number)

Once we drafted, which was done like the any sports draft, worst goes first, a team could only lose so many players before their players were exempt.

Obviously it isn't idea but it's a way to keep things relatively simple.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote