Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

NCAA 2010 OD - let the planning begin!

So here's my concept for our NCAA 2010 Xbox 360 dynasty:

Take over a 12 team conference (Conference USA), but only have 8 human owners total. Each 6-team division of the conference would have 4 human owners, and then 2 cpu squads that are significantly higher rated roster-wise and prestige-wise. I'm thinking of a tiered start for the human teams (1 star for great players, 2 for solid guys, 3 for average guys), and the cpu teams in each division start at 5 and 6 stars. Basically, I want it to be a challenge just to get to the top of the division, rather than having guys waltz to the national championship with ease each year.

We're going with totally fictional teams. The conferences would be something like this:

East:
Team 1 (CPU) 6*
Team 2 (CPU) 5*
Team 3 (Human) 3*
Team 4 (Human) 2*
Team 5 (Human) 2*
Team 6 (Human) 1*

West:
Team 1 (CPU) 6*
Team 2 (CPU) 5*
Team 3 (Human) 3*
Team 4 (Human) 2*
Team 5 (Human) 2*
Team 6 (Human) 1*

I also favor somewhat shorter quarters (maybe lop off a minute?) than we used in ODs in NCAA 2009 so that human players don't dominate the Heisman award every season. One wrinkle is the chew clock feature. Is it the same as accelerated clock, where it's always on, or is it a user controlled thing?

We'd have 4-day cycles during the season, but I will always have at least one weekend day in each cycle.

Owners need to start thinking up the concept for their teams. We may have some guys who are better at creating teams too. Anyone want to volunteer for some create-a-team duty? Also, do we want all teams to be located in the same state for more competitive recruiting, or do we allow guys to choose their own state?

One aspect of teambuilder is that it uses the exact same roster each time if you use the preset options (cupcake, powerhouse, etc.). To get around that, after I import the user-created teams, I plan to sim forward 4 or 5 seasons so that everyone has unique rosters.

We also need to figure out how to fairly "rate" each human player in terms of ability. To me, a guy like cmp who won 3 championships last year is an elite player (and thus should get a 1 star team to begin). I'd see myself in the solid but unspectacular category (2 stars). Basically, my goal is to produce as many competitive games as possible.

Another thing to consider is how to allot guys to the two conferences. If there is a guy you want to be in the same conference with, make it known.

We'd also need to settle on sliders, once the first patch is out that fixes the sliders (estimated to be next Tuesday on the 360).

Also, we need a league name. "Conference USA"?

Anyhow, just spitballing. Feel free to pitch in your ideas too!

Last edited by Kodos : 07-17-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Kodos
Resident Alien

*chirp-chirp-chirp*

If people don't want to be assigned a star rating, we can default it to 2* for everyone, and people can volunteer to go down to 1* if they want more of a challenge.

OR

I'll take a crack at the alignments. My star guesses are based on what little I've picked up from the 2009 dynasties. I know DeTox is very good. I know cmp won his league 3 times. I remember WVU saying he isn't very good. I don't know anything about allpro, so I put him in the middle class. Etc. I could be wrong. Feel free to tell me if I am.

Owners:
1. Kodos
2. allpro10050
3. Mike1409
4. WVUFAN
5. EaglesFan27
6. cmp
7. DeToxRox
==========
8. Wade Moore (??)

East:
3* WVUFAN
2* Mike1409
2* Kodos
1* DeTox

West:
3* Wade Moore
2* allpro10050
2* EaglesFan27
1* cmp

Last edited by Kodos : 07-17-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I know DeTox is very good.

Oof.

Good luck with the OD guys, I'll be taking a break for awhile but might get on a list down the road.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Cool.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'm cool with trying it as 1*.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Is there a common theme for teams? Are you just making random schools, real schools, etc?
Old 07-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Is there a common theme for teams? Are you just making random schools, real schools, etc?

The initial idea was to replicate our high school teams. Not sure if we're carrying that through.

Yes, I said we.

I'm about 90% sure I'm going to go pick it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'll either do my high school, or steal my IHOF team concept.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

What about for the 4 computer teams? Any ideas for those? I've thought about putting Notre Dame in as one. It'd be just like them to join a conference with a bunch of cupcakes to pad their record.

I'd be cool with a Simpsons theme too. We had a Simpsons themed fantasy league once. I could resurrect Ralphie's Bleeders!

Last edited by Kodos : 07-17-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'd love to replicate my H.S team, but I would definitely need some help doing so as I'm not the best at this sort of thing. However, who knows, I might be able to pull it off with team builder.

I'd love to beat up on ND each year

Oh yeah, I picked up my copy today. Looking forward to trying it out in a little bit even though I think the 360 patch still isn't out.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-17-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #11
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I am going to use my HS team as well. Notre Dame sounds good too, I would say we create teams for the CPU or deecide which teams we move up.

I have some requests if possible. I would like to be in the same division and be a rival of Wade so can continue our dynasty battles.

I think all the teams should be in the same state or area to keep recruiting similar.

If you sim ahead 4-5 years how will all the teams stay equal?
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
I have some requests if possible. I would like to be in the same division and be a rival of Wade so can continue our dynasty battles.

We can definitely accomodate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
If you sim ahead 4-5 years how will all the teams stay equal?

Good point. I'd assume that low-prestige teams getting regularly walloped by high-rated division rivals should help keep them in their place -- but I'll run a test at some point to be sure.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'd say put all 8 teams in California, Texas or Florida. Or have a California conference and Florida conference, then add in UCLA and Cal or Stanford to the California division, and maybe USF and Miami to the Florida division.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, if we're all in the same state, it should definitely be a recruit-rich state.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the upper-echelon teams to bring in?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola, the reason I'd do all 8 in Cali is because that'd be quite a challenge for recruiting, but it could make it way too tough as well. I'd like 4 teams per state though to have some really intense recruiting battles.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, if we're all in the same state, it should definitely be a recruit-rich state.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the upper-echelon teams to bring in?

Not the super powers, but not cream puffs.

Whatever state we do, I suggest we use their better teams, but not top teams. For California I wouldn't use USC, but like I said above, UCLA and Stanford. If we did Texas maybe TCU & Baylor, or A&M would slide in well enough. Florida could be USF & Miami or something.

Just some ideas.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hey guys. I searched on my school, and there are already several created teams for it. Might be a good effort-saver to search on yours.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Hey guys. I searched on my school, and there are already several created teams for it. Might be a good effort-saver to search on yours.

Are the Kodos Killers made yet?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

Not just yet.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #20
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

Good suggestion.

For those that can't find anything, get as much info as possible (links to pictures would be great) and I can help with the graphics side.

I'd love to stay in the same division as Mike.

I picked up my copy tonight, probably won't crack it open until tomorrow.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-17-2009, 09:01 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm really glad I got this game and am in the league. I just had a blast and got beat by the CPU on default AA, despite having the better team (I was USC vs ND.) I'll search for my team tomorrow on team builder.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #22
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'm cool with being a 1 star. I've already made a team replicating my high school.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:34 AM   #23
WVUFAN
College Starter

Is there a way to download someone else's Team?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #24
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Is there a way to download someone else's Team?

There is, but I haven't opened the game up so I don't know how ...

I do know it appears that you can't do it from the web interface.

Quote:
Old 07-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
I'm cool with being a 1 star. I've already made a team replicating my high school.

What school did you go to?
Old 07-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #26
Kodos
Resident Alien

I believe there is a search function in-game under Teambuilder.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm really glad I got this game and am in the league. I just had a blast and got beat by the CPU on default AA, despite having the better team (I was USC vs ND.) I'll search for my team tomorrow on team builder.

Yes, someone has already created my high school on team builder. However, this misspelled the team name which is funny. Can you edit teams that someone has created?

Edit: Nevermind, I found a 2nd version of the team that the same guy did where every detail is better and it is spelled correctly.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-18-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #28
Kodos
Resident Alien

Feel free to let me know your team names, and I can try adding them to my teambuilder list.

My team is the Fairport Red Raiders, and it is associated with my Kodos For Prez gamertag.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-19-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #29
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
What school did you go to?

Allendale High School
Old 07-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #30
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Feel free to let me know your team names, and I can try adding them to my teambuilder list.

My team is the Fairport Red Raiders, and it is associated with my Kodos For Prez gamertag.

Garfield Indians, but I haven't played the game yet, so I'm not sure if it will be associated yet.

Quote:
Old 07-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #31
Kodos
Resident Alien

Bad news about rivalries when you replace teams with teambuilder teams. You only keep their primary rival, but the secondary ones seem to disappear.

Dynasty Rivalries Truncated - Operation Sports Forums
Old 07-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #32
Kodos
Resident Alien

List of Conferences/teams/rivals? - Operation Sports Forums

List of each team's rivals. Not sure if the first team listed for each is the primary rival (which seems to be the one you get to keep).

Code:
ACC Boston College Miami, Notre Dame (Battle for the Ireland Trophy) ACC Clemson Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State(Textile Bowl), South Carolina(Battle of the Palmetto State) ACC Duke North Carolina (Battle for the Victory Bell), Wake Forest ACC Florida State Clemson, Florida (Battle for the Governor's Cup), Miami, Virginia (Battle for the Jefferson-Eppes Trophy) ACC Georgia Tech Clemson, Georgia (Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate) ACC Maryland Virginia, West Virginia ACC Miami Boston College, Florida (Battle for the Seminole War Canoe), Florida State, Virginia Tech ACC NC State Clemson (Textile Bowl), ECU, North Carolina ACC North Carolina Duke (Battle for the Victory Bell), NC State, Virginia (The South's Oldest Rivalry), Wake Forest ACC Virginia Florida State (Battle for the Jefferson-eppes Trophy), Maryland, North Carolina (The South's Oldest Rivalry) Virginia Tech (Battle for the Commonwealth Cup) ACC Virginia Tech Miami, Virginia (Battle for the Commonwealth Cup), West Virginia (Battle for the Black Diamond Trophy) ACC Wake Forest Duke, North Carolina Big 12 Baylor TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech Big 12 Colorado Colorado State (Rocky Mountain Showdown), Kansas State, Nebraska Big 12 Iowa State Iowa (Battle for the Cy-Hawk Trophy), Missouri (Battle fot the Telephone Trophy) Big 12 Kansas Kansas State (Sunflower Showdown), Missouri (Border Showdown) Big 12 Kansas State Colorado, Kansas (Sunflower Showdown), Nebraska Big 12 Missouri Illinois (The Arch Rivalry), Iowa State (Battle for the Telephone Trophy), Kansas (Border Showdown), Nebraska (Battle for the Missouri-Nebraska Bell), Oklahoma, Big 12 Nebraska Colorado, Kansas State, Missouri(Battle for the Missouri-Nebraska Bell), Oklahoma Big 12 Oklahoma Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State(Bedlam Game), Texas(Red River Rivalry) Big 12 Oklahoma State Oklahoma(Bedlam Game), Tulsa Big 12 Texas Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma(Red River Rivalry), Texas A&M(Lone Star Showdown), Texas Tech Big 12 Texas A&M Arkansas, Baylor, Texas(Lone Star Showdown), Texas Tech Big 12 Texas Tech Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M Big East Cincinnati Louisville(Battle for the Keg of Nails), Miami(OH)Battle for the Victory Bell), Pittsburgh(River City Rivalry) Big East Connecticut Rutgers, Syracuse Big East Louisville Cincinnati(Battle for the Keg of Nails), Kentucky(Battle for the Governor's Cup), Memphis, West Virginia Big East Pittsburgh Cincinnati(River City Rivalry), Penn State, Temple, West Virginia(Backyard Brawl) Big East Rutgers Connecticut, Syracuse Big East Syracuse Buffalo, Connecticut, Rutgers, West Virginia(Battle for the Schwartzwalder Trophy) Big East USF UCF Big East West Virginia Louisville, Marshall(Friends of Coal Bowl), Maryland, Pittsburgh(Backyard Brawl), Syracuse(Battle for the Schwartzwalder Trophy), Virginia Tech(Battle for the Black Diamond Trophy) Big Ten Ohio State Illinois(Battle for Illibuck), Michigan(The Game), Penn State Big Ten Purdue Illinois(Battle for the Purdue Cannon), Indiana(Battle for the Old Oaken Bucket), Notre Dame(Battle for the Shillelagh Trophy) Big Ten Northwestern Illinois(Battle for the Sweet Siox Tomahawk), Big Ten Indiana Illinois, Michigan State, Purdue(Battle for the Old Oaken Bucket) Big Ten Michigan State Indiana, Michigan(Battle for the PAul Bunyan Trophy), Notre Dame(Battle for the Megaphone), Penn State(Battle for the Land Grant Trophy) Big Ten Illinois Indiana, Missouri (The Arch Rivalry), Northwestern (Battle for the Sweet Siox Tomahawk), Ohio State (Battle for Illibuck), Purdue (Battle for the Purdue Cannon) Big Ten Iowa Iowa State(Battle fot eh Cy-Hawk Trophy), Minnesota(Battle for the Floyd of Rosendale), Wisconsin(Battle for the Heartland Trophy) Big Ten Minnesota Iowa(Battle for the Floyd of Rosedale), Michigan(Battle for the Lettle Brown Jug), Penn State(Battle for the Governor's Victory Bell), Wisconsin(Battle fot Paul Bunyan's Axe) Big Ten Wisconsin Iowa(Battle for the Heartland Trophy), Minnesota(Battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe) Big Ten Penn State Michigan State(Battle for the Land Grant Trophy), Mionnesota(Battle for the Governor's Victory Bell), Ohio State, Pittsburgh Big Ten Michigan Michigan State(Battle for the PAul Bunyan Trophy), Minnesota(Battle for the Lettle Brown Jug), Notre Dame, Ohio State(The Game) Conf USA ECU Marshall, NC State, Southern Miss Conf USA Houston Rice(Battle for the Bayou Bucket), Tulsa, UTEP Conf USA Marshall ECU, Ohio, UCF, West Virginia(Friends of Coal Bowl) Conf USA Memphis Louisville, Ole Miss, Southern Miss(black and Blue Bowl), UAB(Battle for the Bones) Conf USA Rice Houston(Battle for the Bayou Bucket), SMU(Battle for the Mayor's Cup), Tulsa(Battle for the Williams Trophy) Conf USA SMU Rice(Battle for the Mayor's Cup), TCU(Battle for the Iron Skillet) Conf USA Southern Miss ECU, Memphis(Black and Blue Bowl), Tulane(Battle for the Bell), UAB Conf USA Tulane LSU(Battle for the Tiger Rag), Southern Miss(Battle for the Bell), UTEP Conf USA Tulsa Houston, Oklahoma State, Rice(Battle for the Williams Trophy), UCF Conf USA UAB Memphis(Battle for the Bones), Southern Miss, Troy, Conf USA UCF Marshall, Tulsa, USF Conf USA UTEP Houston, New Mexico, New Mexico State(Battle of I-10), Tulane IND Army Air Force(commander-in-chief), Navy(commander-in-chief) IND Navy Air Force(commander-in-chief), Army(Army-Navy Game) IND Notre Dame Boston College(Battle for the Ireland Trophy), Michigan, Michigan State(Battle for the Megaphone), Purdue(Battle for the Shillelagh Trophy), Stanford(Battle for the Legends Trophy), USC(Battle for the Jeweled Shillelagh) IND Western Kentucky Mid Tenn State, Temple MAC Akron Kent State(Battle for the Wagon Wheel) MAC Ball State Northern Illinois MAC Bowling Green Kent State(Battle for the Anniversary Award), Toledo(Battle of I-75) MAC Buffalo Syracuse, Temple MAC Central Michigan Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan MAC Eastern Michigan Central Michigan MAC Kent State Akron(Battle for the Wagon Wheel), Bowling Green(Battle for the Anniversary Award) MAC Miami(OH) Cincinnati(Battle for the Victory Bell)Ohio(Battle for the Bricks) MAC Northern Illinois Ball State, Toledo MAC Ohio Marshall, Miami(OH(Battle for the Bricks) MAC Temple Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Western Kentucky MAC Toledo Bowling Green(Battle of I-75), Northern Illinois MAC Western Michigan Central Michigan MWC Air Force Army(commander-in-chief), Colorado State(Battle for the Ram-Falcon Trophy), Navy(Army-Navy Game) MWC BYU San Diego State, Utah(Holy War), Utah State(Battle for the Beehive Boot) MWC Colorado State Air Force(Battle for the Ram-Falcon Trophy), Colorado(Rocky Mountain Showdown), Wyoming(Border War) MWC New Mexico New Mexico State(Rio Grande Rivalry), UTEP MWC San Diego State BYU, Fresno State, UNLV MWC TCU Baylor, SMU(Battle for the Iron Skillet) MWC UNLV Nevada(Battle for Nevada), San Diego State MWC Utah BYU(Holy War), Utah State(Battle of the Brothers) MWC Wyoming Colorado State(Border War), Utah State PAC-10 Arizona Arizona State(The Big Game) PAC-10 Arizona State Arizona(The Big Game) PAC-10 Cal Stanford(Big Game), USC PAC-10 Oregon Oregon State(Civil War), Washington PAC-10 Oregon State Oregon(Civil War) PAC-10 Stanford Cal(Big Game), Notre Dame(Battle for the Legends Trophy) PAC-10 UCLA USC(Battle for the Victory Bell) PAC-10 USC Cal, Norew Dame(Battle for the Jeweled Shillelagh), UCLA(Battle for the Victory Bell) PAC-10 Washington Oregon, Washington State(Apple Cup) PAC-10 Washington State Idaho(Battle for the Palouse), Washington(Apple Cup) SEC Alabama Auburn(Iron Bowl), LSU, Mississippi State, Tennessee(Third Saturday in October) SEC Arkansas LSU(Battle for the Golden Boot), Ole Miss, Texas, Texas A&M SEC Auburn Alabama(Iron Bowl), Georgia(Deep South's Oldest Rivalry), LSU SEC Florida Florida State(Battle for the Governor's Cup), Georgia(Florida-Georgia Game), Miami(Battle for the Seminole War Conoe), South Carolina, Tennessee SEC Georgia Auburn(Deep South's Oldest Rivalry), Florida(Florida-Georgia Game), Georgia Tech(Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate), South Carolina SEC Kentucky Louisville(Battle for the Governor's Cup), Tennessee SEC LSU Alabama, Arkansas(Battle for the Golden Boot), Auburn, Ole Miss, Tulane(Battle for the Tiger Rag) SEC Mississippi State Alabama, Ole Miss(Egg Bowl) SEC Ole Miss Arkansas, LSU, Memphis, Mississippi State(Egg Bowl), Vanderbilt SEC South Carolina Clemson(Battle for the Palmetto State), Florida, Georgia SEC Tennessee Alabama(Third Saturday in October), Florida, Kentucky, Vanderbilt SEC Vanderbilt Ole Miss, Tennessee Sun Belt Arkansas State North Texas, Troy Sun Belt FIU Florida Atlantic Sun Belt Florida Atlantic FIU Sun Belt Mid Tenn State North Texas, Troy, UL-Lafayette, Western Kentucky Sun Belt North Texas Arkansas State, Mid Tenn State, New Mexico State Sun Belt Troy Arkansas State, Mid Tenn state, UAB Sun Belt UL Lafayette Mid Tenn State, UL Monroe Sun Belt UL Monroe Louisiana Tech, UL Lafayette WAC Boise State Fresno State, Hawai'i, Idaho(Battle of Idaho) WAC Fresno State Boise State. Hawai'i, San Diego State, San Jose State WAC Hawai'i Boise State, Fresno State WAC Idaho Boise State(Battle of Idaho), Washington State(Battle for the Palouse) WAC Louisiana Tech UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe WAC Nevada UNLV(Battle for Nevada) WAC New Mexico State New Mexico(Rio Grande Rivalry), North Texas, UTEP(Battle of I-10) WAC San Jose State Fresno state WAC Utah State BYU(Battle for the Beehive Boot), Utah(Battle of the Brothers), Wyoming

Last edited by Kodos : 07-19-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:31 AM   #33
wade moore
lolzcat

They appear to be listed alphabetically fwiw.

Maybe we look at losing rival games as a house rule for recruiting .

Quote:
Old 07-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #34
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post

I'd love to stay in the same division as Mike.

Proposed new alignment incorporating Wade's request. Any other similar requests?

East:
3* Wade Moore
2* Mike1409
2* Kodos
1* DeTox

West:
3* WVUFAN
2* allpro10050
2* EaglesFan27
1* cmp
Old 07-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #35
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Proposed new alignment incorporating Wade's request. Any other similar requests?

East:
3* Wade Moore
2* Mike1409
2* Kodos
1* DeTox

West:
3* WVUFAN
2* allpro10050
2* EaglesFan27
1* cmp

Can I be in the conference opposite cmp?

Old 07-20-2009, 09:24 PM   #36
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Can I be in the conference opposite cmp?

East:
3* Wade Moore
2* Mike1409
2* Kodos
1* cmp

West:
3* WVUFAN
2* allpro10050
2* EaglesFan27
1* DeTox
Old 07-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Looks good to me.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #38
wade moore
lolzcat

btw - my team is up there associated with me. Of course, we need to set rosters and stuff - but i guess you can modify that stuff when you load it on your end?

Quote:
Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #39
WVUFAN
College Starter

Thank you Kudos.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #40
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Looks like someone made my HS and since I suck at this TB I might just use that one. Are we going to try and do same state schools or no? I think that'd be a blast but it is not a deal breaker.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #41
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yes, I think we will do either all teams in one state, or each division in its own state. And we'll figure out 2nd tier state schools to put in at the top of the divisions.

Wade - I haven't had a chance to play with the dynasty stuff yet to figure out what we need to do. Work has been crazy, and I've been in charge of watching the kids a lot of late too. I will try to figure things out a bit sometime this week. We're still on hold till the first patch in any case.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #42
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Yes, I think we will do either all teams in one state, or each division in its own state. And we'll figure out 2nd tier state schools to put in at the top of the divisions.

Wade - I haven't had a chance to play with the dynasty stuff yet to figure out what we need to do. Work has been crazy, and I've been in charge of watching the kids a lot of late too. I will try to figure things out a bit sometime this week. We're still on hold till the first patch in any case.

Cool.

Might be easier on you if we decide how the build the rosters and you put that on us so that you can just d/l what you need after we're done?

Quote:
Old 07-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #43
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Might be easier on you if we decide how the build the rosters and you put that on us so that you can just d/l what you need after we're done?

Might be. But honestly, I'm going to test the sim 5 years ahead option to see if that is viable, due to the overpowered freshmen in the game, and a desire not to have identical rosters.

At the very least, we will rename the game-generated guys to have unique names.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-21-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #44
Kodos
Resident Alien

On another note, please send me your team name if they've been created, and what gamertag they are associated with. So far, I have

Fairport Red Raiders -- Kodos For Prez
Garfield Indians -- Wade Moore
Allendale High School -- cmp (don't know the name, but assume it will be easy to find with his gamertag)
Tucker County High Mountain Lions -- WVUFAN
Gibbs Gladiators -- Mike1409

Last edited by Kodos : 07-21-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #45
Kodos
Resident Alien

Please speak up if you have specific schools you'd like to be used as our CPU teams, or specific states that you'd like us to use.

I s'pose that Pennsylvania can't compete with the likes of Florida, California, and Texas? I wouldn't mind my division being set in the north somewhere.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-21-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:11 PM   #46
Kodos
Resident Alien

Anybody come up with a good league name yet? Strangely, the Rivals Football League name I used in 2009 would fit a scenario like this better, where everyone is in the same division.

RFL II: This time, it's personal.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-21-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #47
WVUFAN
College Starter

Tucker County High Mountain Lions

Old 07-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #48
DeToxRox
Head Coach

So can we edit other peoples Teams or no? I guess do I need to just find a team from the state we're playing in? I honestly don't mind but just wanna see before I get too far.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #49
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
On another note, please send me your team name if they've been created, and what gamertag they are associated with. So far, I have

Fairport Red Raiders -- Kodos For Prez
Garfield Indians -- Wade Moore
Allendale High School -- cmp (don't know the name, but assume it will be easy to find with his gamertag)
Tucker County High Mountain Lions -- WVUFAN

Allendale Falcons - I'm going to be using cmp343 as my gamertag for these dynasties.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #50
Kodos
Resident Alien

I have successfully grabbed Wade, WVU, and cmp's teams. Wade, do you really want yours to be GarField (as opposed to Garfield)?