Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

FACC (PS3): 2011 - Week 4 - Deadline Wednesday (3/23) Midnight EST

Okay! So...here's where we can decide on things like...

Name
Conference
Teams
Difficulty settings
House rules
Advance Schedules
Disco-reco s.o.p
etc...

Confirmed Owners List

Groundhog
BillJasper
Sun Tzu
DaddyTorgo
CraigSca

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 02-12-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm pretty easy on all settings. I usually play with 8 min qtrs on the 2nd highest difficulty level, but games take around an hour, so if people would prefer 5mins I'm fine with that.

Also happy to play in any conference. I've never actually played the game using a "good" team, so it might be fun to play in a power conference.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:25 PM   #3
Groundhog
Coordinator

dola

I should also state that, being in Aussie land, it might be tough to schedule games with you guys outside of the weekends. Hopefully everyone is OK with weekend games, or some of you work unusual hours.

I believe we can play the games during the season out of schedule order, is that correct?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Name: I'm not especially partial...I'm sure we can come up with something FOFC related. Trout, dolapost and calzone-like.

Conference: I'm a bit hesitant on taking good teams, only because after a couple years it becomes too easy to dominate the recruiting. I've always been partial to taking crappy teams in great conferences. Perhaps we could arrange a custom conference?

Teams: Personally, I think we should limit the quality of teams to grade "B" maximum...for reasons listed above.

Difficulty Settings: I traditionally play on AA with the sliders posted Operation Sports...AJ's All American Normal Speed Sliders (WIP) - Operation Sports Forums

House Rules: I think if you're stupid enough to go for it on 4th and 10 from your own 20 yard line, you deserve to have your ass handed to you. We can put house rules in place, but I'll leave that up to you guys.

Advance Schedules: The 360 small team league advances every 3 to 5 days, and I think we could pull that off too. Considering that we'll probably top out at 4-5 people, I doubt scheduling would be THAT big of an issue. Plus I'd love to power through 5-6 years.

Disco-Reco S.O.P: I have no idea what happens in NCAA 11 when a game is disconnected. I know in '09 you just had to start the game over entirely, which was terrible. I also know we have someone who is in Aussie land, which could potentially lead to lag issues. Groundhog, do you know what kind of connection you have? What is your typical ping to the US? I don't think it would prevent you from playing of course, I'm just trying to set up a reasonable expectation for you whenever you play a head-to-head game. Perhaps we could set up an exhibition to try it out?

Everyone else interested, please sound off and throw in your $0.02. I'd love to get this thing rolling by the end of next week at the latest. I'm going to be out of town this coming weekend.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah I'm happy to play an exhibition game. I'll post my gamertag when I get home. I can't remember it off the top of my head because I had to create a new tag specifically for NCAA 11 to trick the PSN into thinking I'm in the States because it won't let me download the tuner pack or play online if I'm not!

I did play one game of online some time ago, presumably against someone in the States, and it played fine. I have ADSL2 and get good speeds, and haven't had problems with any of the other online games I play. Fingers crossed it works OK with you guys.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #6
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I'm not much of an on-line gamer but I'd like to get in on this as well. My skill level is probably just below average.

PSN: BillJ
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Noted! BillJ and Groundhog, I'll put you guys on the "confirmed" list.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I've never played this online before at all, but I'm in.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #9
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

updated with DT...
Old 10-22-2010, 12:39 PM   #10
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I'd be in, but my only concern is when I can play. I'm all over the place as far as availability, and I don't want to say "I'm in!" when I may not be able to live up to it. For instance, I'll be out all week next week and then Tue-Wed the following.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #11
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Craig...we'll work it out man. Availability is always a concern with online leagues. I know I've stayed up late or gotten up early on several occasions to get a game in. My guess is we'll top out at 5 players (where we are now), which means only a quarter of your games will be against people.

That being said, if you want to stay out, I understand. In my experience your availability wont be much different than everyone elses. For example, I can't play on Tuesdays...ever...and most Wednesdays are out too. I'm perfectly fine with missing out on a head to head game each year if my schedule gets especially hectic. It's a small price to pay to play in an online Dynasty with other people here. This years game is especially nice though, with the option of doing everything but playing the actual games via your PC/laptop.

Either way, let me know man.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 10-22-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #12
BillJasper
Pro Starter

My only real consistent schedule issue will be on Sunday nights and Mondays. Those are the wife's off days and... well you know.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:37 AM   #13
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Alright, count me in then - i'll give it a shot at least. My PSN is craigsca - what else?
how do you know?

Old 10-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #14
Groundhog
Coordinator

PSN: FOFCGroundhog
Old 10-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #15
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Excellent

Ok do next order of business is picking teams. Is everyone ok with taking a B team or worse? Personally, I prefer to take C teams just so any and all victories feel that much better, but whatever works for everyone else.

After that we should decide on whether we want to do one custom conference, and if so, what non-human teams should also be in the conference.

Ideas? Preferences? Suggestions?

I'm out of town right now posting on my iPhone, but I should be able to set things up online on Monday.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #16
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I'd prefer real teams in a real conference. I'm also fine with B and C teams - I'm a Maryland fan, so I'm use to subpar teams and ratings
how do you know?

Old 10-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #17
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

DT, what's your PSN name?
Old 10-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #18
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
I'd prefer real teams in a real conference. I'm also fine with B and C teams - I'm a Maryland fan, so I'm use to subpar teams and ratings

Yeah, I'd prefer real teams in real conference too, though I don't mind if the majority want custom conferences.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #19
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Alright...

I'm back from out of town. I would prefer real teams too, though I'm equally happy with either a custom or real conference. That makes 3 votes for real teams, so we'll move in that direction.

Any votes on a particular conference? Keeping in mind that if we do choose a real conference, it has to have at least five "B" or "C" teams for us to claim.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #20
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hey!

Haha - never been in this subforum before in my life!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #21
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

B teams or worse is fine.

real teams: yes

conferences: doesn't matter
Old 10-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #22
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

This should help with the conference decision making process...

Code:
Atlantic Coast Conference Standings Atlantic Division Florida St. B+ N.C. State B- Maryland B- Clemson B+ Wake Forest B- Boston College B Coastal Division Virginia Tech B+ Miami A- Georgia Tech B+ North Carolina A- Virginia B- Duke C+ Big East Conference Standings Pittsburgh B+ Syracuse C+ West Virginia B+ Louisville C+ Rutgers B Cincinnati B South Florida C+ Connecticut C+ Big 10 Conference Standings Michigan St. B Ohio St. A- Wisconsin A- Iowa B+ Purdue B- Illinois C+ Michigan B Northwestern B- Penn St. A- Indiana B- Minnesota B Big 12 Conference Standings North Missouri B Nebraska B+ Kansas St. B- Iowa St. B+ Colorado B- Kansas B- South Baylor B- Oklahoma St. B+ Oklahoma A Texas A- Texas Tech B Texas A&M B+ Conference USA Standings East East Carolina C+ Central Florida B- Southern Miss. C+ UAB C+ Marshall C+ Memphis C+ West Houston B- SMU C+ Tulsa C+ UTEP C Tulane D+ Rice D Mid-American Conference Standings East Ohio C- Temple C Miami (Ohio) D Kent St. D Buffalo D+ Bowling Green D+ Akron C- West Northern Illinois C Toledo C- Western Michigan C- Ball St. D Eastern Michigan D Central Michigan C+ Mountain West Conference Standings TCU B+ Utah B San Diego St. C Air Force C+ BYU B UNLV C- Colorado St. C+ New Mexico D+ Wyoming C Pacific-10 Conference Standings Oregon B+ Stanford B+ Arizona B- Oregon St. B+ Washington B+ USC A- California B Arizona St. B UCLA B- Washington St. C+ Southeastern Conference Standings East South Carolina B Georgia B+ Florida A- Vanderbilt B- Kentucky B- Tennessee B West Auburn B Alabama A LSU A- Mississippi St. B Arkansas B+ Mississippi B Sun Belt Conference Standings Troy C Fla. International D Middle Tenn. St. C Arkansas St. C ULM D Louisiana C- Western Kentucky D North Texas C- Florida Atlantic D Western Athletic Conference Standings Hawaii C Boise St. A- Fresno St. C+ Louisiana Tech C- Nevada C+ Idaho C- Utah State D+ New Mexico St. D San Jose St. D

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 10-25-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #23
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Looking at these conferences, I'd say the ACC or the Big 10 would probably make the most sense (and be the most fun). The four "best" players would probably get B- teams, and the "worst" player would probably get a low B team.

Thoughts? Preferences?

It would look like this in either conference...

(human teams in bold)

ACC

Atlantic Division
Florida St. B+
N.C. State B-
Maryland B-

Clemson B+
Wake Forest B-
Boston College B
Coastal Division
Virginia Tech B+
Miami A-
Georgia Tech B+
North Carolina A-
Virginia B-
Duke C+

or...

Big 10
Michigan St. B
Ohio St. A-
Wisconsin A-
Iowa B+
Purdue B-
Illinois C+

Michigan B
Northwestern B-
Penn St. A-
Indiana B-
Minnesota B

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 10-25-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #24
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Either conference works fine for me.

I could see taking NC State if we were to play in the ACC or Purdue if we play in the Big Ten.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #25
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'll vote for the ACC. I like the idea of going up against such a wide variety of quality teams. I'm willing to take Duke if you guys like. I did relatively well in the '09 online dynasties here, even winning a National Championship one year with Stanford.

Other votes?
Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #26
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah I'm down with the ACC. I'd take Wake Forest unless anyone else is a particular fan of theirs.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #27
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ok, well...I went ahead and set the OD this morning. I claimed Duke and sent out invites to everyone but BillJasper.

Bill, when I invite you, it says that you don't have a valid EA account under the name "BillJ" which nullifies the invite. Let me know when you've set one up and I'll re-invite you. I'm also PMing everyone with the password.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #28
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Alright boys. I've set the deadline to join the league and fill your recruiting boards at late Friday evening. That gives you about 85 hours to accept the invite, redshirt a few necessary kids and get your ass in gear! Week one will officially kick off late Friday night, giving everyone a chance to get their games in this weekend if necessary.

I'd like to make one additional rule...

No FCS teams are allowed on the schedule. You can replace them with a team of your choosing, equally as bad if you like. I've gone ahead and done just that by replacing my week 1 FCS opponent with Eastern Michigan.

If the game allows you to change it on your own, feel free. If you don't have that option, request it in here and I'll change it for you. I should be around all week. If you haven't had a chance to check out the online dynasty section of EAsports.com, I strongly recommend it. *edit* You can now get there by clicking on the link in my sig. It's fantastic...you can even do your recruiting online.

Lets get rolling!

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 10-26-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #29
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
If you haven't had a chance to check out the online dynasty section of EAsports.com, I strongly recommend it. First you have to log in to your EA account, then use the "football" drop down menu on the left. Select "online dynasty" under NCAA Football and it will take you to the FOFC OD Hub. It's fantastic...you can even do your recruiting online.

There's a link to the online stuff for RFL in my sig. Makes it easy to find the site.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #30
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I didn't realize you could link right to it...even better!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #31
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

If you guys are cool with me i would love to get in on this.

ps3-bighouserulez
I do not play a ton online. I have 2 online dysnastys goign on right now and i think i am average to a little better then average player.

Atlantic Division
Florida St. B+
N.C. State B-
Maryland B-

Clemson B+
Wake Forest B-
Boston College B
Coastal Division
Virginia Tech B+
Miami A-
Georgia Tech B+
North Carolina A-
Virginia B-
Duke C+

If so let me know i will take on one of the B- teams. It looks like Bc is the next to get in there ratingswise.

GML is a league that is you as a GM and a GM only
http://www.fof-gml.com/forum/register.php?do=addmember

vNFL and House have the forum that shares knowledge and asks for players to constantly challenge thinking in fof.
http://www.bearsruletheworld.com/vnfl/
bighouserulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #32
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Bighouse...

I don't see why it would be a problem, as long as you don't think the multiple other OD's you're in are going to interfere with being able to recruit/play your games each week.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #33
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

No. I run the one dynasty and i have alot more evening freedom with a 3 month old i watch each night. YOu sound like you are going to sim every couple of days and that is totally fine with me.

vNFL and House have the forum that shares knowledge and asks for players to constantly challenge thinking in fof.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #34
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighouserulez View Post
No. I run the one dynasty and i have alot more evening freedom with a 3 month old i watch each night. YOu sound like you are going to sim every couple of days and that is totally fine with me.

Well...ideally we'll be able to advance every 4-5 days maximum. If we wrap up early, we'll advance early. We have a couple guys who are a bit short on free time, so I don't want to rush TOO much.

If you're an above average player, it's probably best that you grab one of the B- teams and let Craig or someone else who claims to be terrible grab a B team. I'll shoot you an invite in the next few hours.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #35
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

OK glad to be here.

Thanks for invite.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #36
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Welcome to the league
Old 10-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #37
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Already looking at the recruiting board.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #38
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Already looking at the recruiting board.

Did the game allow you to alter your own schedule? I noticed you're set to play a FCS team in Week 1.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #39
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

I think commish has to do it.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #40
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So what's the dilly - we can grab whichever team we want out of the bolded ones?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #41
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Did the game allow you to alter your own
schedule? I noticed you're set to play a FCS team in Week 1.

I didn't see an option for it yet. Figured it would pop-up at some point.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #42
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
So what's the dilly - we can grab whichever team we want out of the bolded ones?

I took UVA and i think Duke and NC State were taken also.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #43
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I didn't see an option for it yet. Figured it would pop-up at some point.

Pretty much. You've got Maryland and WF to choose from now. I'm hoping Craig hasn't forgotten about us already
Old 10-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #44
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'll get mine in tonight.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #45
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

All we're waiting on now is DT and Craigsca. I know Craig is out of town this week, which would explain why I haven't even gotten a friend request response yet

Groundhog, I see you joined up. Don't forget to set up your recruiting board. It says you haven't completed your pre-season junk.

One more day gents!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #46
Groundhog
Coordinator

Argh, so frustrating. I signed up through the website, picked Wake Forest, set up my recruiting board, before realising that I'd signed up with my wrong PSN (my .au one, which can't be used online with NCAA 2011).... d'oh. I will sort that out tonight, I saved my recruiting board into excel, so I just need to search for each guy. Was a bit surprised how lacking recruit interest was in Wake Forest to be honest!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #47
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah - I'll grab a school tonight hopefully and maybe get to recruiting tomorrow at work, or if not I guess after work. LOL
Old 10-29-2010, 12:38 AM   #48
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Okay...so it looks like I'm Maryland.

Heh.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #49
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Argh, so frustrating. I signed up through the website, picked Wake Forest, set up my recruiting board, before realising that I'd signed up with my wrong PSN (my .au one, which can't be used online with NCAA 2011).... d'oh. I will sort that out tonight, I saved my recruiting board into excel, so I just need to search for each guy. Was a bit surprised how lacking recruit interest was in Wake Forest to be honest!

I thought it was kind of strange that instead of "FOFC" before your name, it was "Aussie." I just took it as a variation in your PSN/EA sign in. I went ahead and removed you from the league under that name, thus making it easier for you to "re-join" under your correct name.

Does anyone know when Craig is going to be back in town? I know he said "all this week" but I don't know if that means he'll be back tonight, tomorrow, Sunday, or what.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 10-29-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #50
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Too bad they overrate Shinskie in this game, or I coulda been my alma mater BC