Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2003, 12:41 AM   #1
famatu
Mascot

Question NCAA Football Rosters

I'm going to buy someone's roster file from Ebay eventually, but until it gets here, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a website that had rosters for teams going all the way back to the 1920's - if not, as far back as possible would be great too! I'd love to be able to know who the star players were for some of the classic teams included in this game! Thanks in advance for the help.
For the deaths of thousands of people, I scream. For having to explain horrific pictures to children, I scream. For dancing Palestinians in the streets, I scream. For long lines at airports, and stupid-assed corporate policies, I scream.
Then I laugh because I remember I have something that our enemies don't have: Freedom.

famatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 03:30 AM   #2
tripps771
n00b

www.PS2rosters.com You can send him your memory card and he will upload his roster files on your card and send it back. I think that;s what I am gonna due.
tripps771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:16 AM   #3
yacovfb
H.S. Freshman Team

Unless I'm mistaken, you can't edit historical teams in NCAA so the rosters out their will only have the current players named. Editing historic teams will be part of Madden this year, though.

-yacovfb
yacovfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:19 AM   #4
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Question.

Why would you pay just to get names on the players for the first couple of years? If you need all real names to play, why not just sim 4 years then take over the team?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 10:24 AM   #5
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel
Question.

Why would you pay just to get names on the players for the first couple of years? If you need all real names to play, why not just sim 4 years then take over the team?

They probably want them to import them into Madden.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:26 AM   #6
sturmie
Mascot

Re: NCAA Football Rosters

Quote:
Originally posted by famatu
I'm going to buy someone's roster file from Ebay eventually.

why not just buy a SharkPort and drop the rosters on ur memory card urself? if u want, u can send me ur card w/ a self addressed return envelope/package and i'll do it for ya. i have DT Lindner's (PS2Rosters.com) v1.0 and BlackLover's (MaddenMania.com) v2 on one of my cards right now (copied over thru the aforementioned SharkPort)...it'd be easy as can be for me to copy em to ur card and then drop it back in the mail.

just lemme know...drop me at email - jeff AT sturm.com.

sturmie
sturmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 11:33 AM   #7
rjolley
College Starter

Do they have rosters for PS/2 and XBox, or PS/2 only?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 11:34 AM   #8
sturmie
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by rjolley
Do they have rosters for PS/2 and XBox, or PS/2 only?

eventually...but the PS2 rosters usually come out a lot sooner than the XBox ones from what i've seen.
sturmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 12:54 PM   #9
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel
Question.

Not everybody buys NCAA solely for the dynasty feature.

For me, the most fun I have is getting together with a bunch of buddies to play. It's much more enjoyable to watch Maurice Clarett score a touchdown than it is #13, so I think it's definitely worth the money.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:58 PM   #10
Kodos
Resident Alien

It's only 4 bucks. It's well worth the money. I import players to Madden, where I would have to name them anyhow (I hate players named TE #82.) So instead of having to do it myself, wait a week or 2 and let somebody do it for me. With luck, the memory card will come back to me today.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:59 PM   #11
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

They have Xbox rosters over at maddenmania.com. There are 3 different. I personally am using FairdaleKings rosters. You will have to drop him an email, and also need an Action Replay or send your memory card to him.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:03 PM   #12
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Fair enough. Thanks for the explanations.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:14 PM   #13
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I love the rosters so I can import the guys into Madden. I just have a lot of fun playing with the real college guys and seeing how they develop.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:37 PM   #14
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's silly how the NCAA restricts the use of player names, oh how much easier it would be...

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 03:53 PM   #15
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by MizzouRah
It's silly how the NCAA restricts the use of player names, oh how much easier it would be...

Todd

Well it would be a shame if they had to give the players a little bit of the excess millions they make off of them every year so they could get their names in the game.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote