Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2023, 07:31 PM   #7251
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

There is no way they charge him unless they know they can convict him. No one that his type of wealth and position gets charged unless it is pretty clearly a slam dunk. Which is why I never believe or get excited when they say, "So and so is about to be indicted." "About to" means nothing, and many times, the reporting on this stuff is mostly wishful thinking.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:24 AM   #7252
miami_fan
Coordinator

YMMV. I think the best one is the form for Red: A Crayon's Story. When answering the question "Does this material violate F.S. Chapter 847 regarding Obscenity? Circle one: YES/NO If YES, please explain in Question 3", his answer was "Maybe not but see fluid gender in disguise."

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:33 AM   #7253
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

"PROTECT CHILDREN!"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:54 AM   #7254
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Going all caps for the written word is the telltale sign of a mental illness.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:40 AM   #7255
Thomkal
Head Coach

The Fulton County Grand Jury-at least the parts the judge ordered revealed is out and nothing unexpected-they determined that there was no widespread voter fraud, and some witnesses (no names) may have perjuried themselves and charges should be brought.

So before anyone gets negative here-this is NOT the full report and we do not know yet what charges will be brought.
Old 02-16-2023, 02:53 PM   #7256
PilotMan
Head Coach

You know, Brad Raffensberger isn't the hero that America asked for, but damn, if after reading some of the transcripts, holy shit, he kept his cool, and refuted every attack from trump, and fought for the integrity of the system and the election. Imagine if he'd been a lesser man?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 03:09 PM   #7257
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He also said he would vote for trump again, so, yeah.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 04:27 PM   #7258
PilotMan
Head Coach

One thing at a time. Would be a lot, lot bigger issue if it had gone the other way, and been swept under the rug.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 02-16-2023 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2023, 04:39 PM   #7259
GrantDawg

He and Kemp really showed some backbone. Unfortunately we now have an election denier in the Lt. Governor's office, and I don't know how much foolishness he can pull off in the next election.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 02-16-2023 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:00 AM   #7260
RainMaker
General Manager

This is a really sad read with a sad twist at the end.

Time Travel, Brain Scans, and FBI Drop-Ins: The Spectacular Rise and Fall of a QAnon Commune | Vanity Fair
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 12:20 AM   #7261
Edward64
Head Coach

It will be fantastic if Dominion wins big against Fox. It may be whittled down thru the inevitable appeals and negotiations, but it’ll be sweet.

Public apologies, not by Fox company, but by all the Fox News personalities will be icing on the cake.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 02:07 PM   #7262
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Imagine living in a country where a former president refers to a rival as “Meatball Ron” and then walks it back
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 02:33 PM   #7263
GrantDawg

Trump is going to East Palestine this week. It is a really good political move that Biden has completely missed.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 02-18-2023 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2023, 03:26 PM   #7264
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Imagine living in a country where a former president refers to a rival as “Meatball Ron” and then walks it back

Did he walk it back? It seemed like he was trolling.
Old 02-22-2023, 03:53 PM   #7265
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The forewoman for the Georgia grand jury is going to have her own reality show within a few months. She’s a strange bird.
Old 02-22-2023, 03:55 PM   #7266
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Such a bad idea. I can't tell if she's trying to capitalize on her 15 minutes, or she's pushing the issue to pressure the DA to indict Trump because she knows there's enough to do so but has heard it isn't going to happen, or maybe a little of both.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:56 PM   #7267
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just think she’s weird.
Old 02-22-2023, 04:01 PM   #7268
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trump shows up in Ohio with bottled water. Ok. Cool gesture. Then proceeds to brag it’s trump water. There is no bottom.
Old 02-22-2023, 04:03 PM   #7269
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

related: it's hilarious that Trump thinks his nickname of DeSanctimonious is a good one, but he's missing the fact that his audience doesn't get the reference. "Sleepy" and "Crooked" and "Low Energy" are more their speed. He's good at the game but he forgot what he signed up for with this lot.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 04:46 PM   #7270
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Trump shows up in Ohio with bottled water. Ok. Cool gesture. Then proceeds to brag it’s trump water. There is no bottom.

People will shit on the stunt and make fun of him for going to McDonalds. But the optics of him being there during a crisis while Biden hangs out in Europe is staggering. I'd have that on every ad I ran against Biden through the election.
Old 02-22-2023, 04:51 PM   #7271
GrantDawg

Agreed. It is a big unforced error for Biden to let Trump go there first. It is like just giving up on Ohio, but not just Ohio. This affects Pennsylvania and New York as well.

Old 02-22-2023, 05:08 PM   #7272
Dutch
"Dutch"

The strengthening alliance between China and Russia will also become a big problem for Biden (well, let’s be honest, for us…but also his ability to be re-elected).

The biggest unforced error by Biden, however, is the public encouragement of immigrants to come to the USA by any means necessary. The projected 10 million border crossings under Biden (so far it’s 4.48 million in two years. 1.7 million in 2021 (easily the record) and 2.7 million in 2022 (easily the new record) during this economic down turn and heavy inflation is going to be the nail in the coffin. Trumps public encouragement of a “coup” resulting in the deaths of 5 people is child’s play to the 200% jump in immigrant deaths at the border (over 800 deaths in 2022).
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 08:53 AM   #7273
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
People will shit on the stunt and make fun of him for going to McDonalds. But the optics of him being there during a crisis while Biden hangs out in Europe is staggering. I'd have that on every ad I ran against Biden through the election.

Realistically, this is a job for the Governor, not the President. Being in Europe shows global initiative. OH is a stunt. You put that back on the Governor and say you'll be there when he wants that level of support.

There was an article in the post about the global view of Russia and the US over the Ukraine Conflict. While the majority still side with the US, there are a lot that are simply opposed to the US and growing. The seeds of a larger scale international conflict are there, and navigating that seems a bit more important.

Like Steam?

Old 02-23-2023, 10:39 AM   #7274
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
related: it's hilarious that Trump thinks his nickname of DeSanctimonious is a good one, but he's missing the fact that his audience doesn't get the reference. "Sleepy" and "Crooked" and "Low Energy" are more their speed. He's good at the game but he forgot what he signed up for with this lot.

Yeah it’s a terrible nickname. At least he’ll go with something like Tricky Nikki or Darling Nikki

Last edited by stevew : 02-23-2023 at 10:39 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 02:56 PM   #7275
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Scott Adams goes full KKK.

Old 02-23-2023, 03:12 PM   #7276
Ksyrup

I would love to know what he considers his past acts of "helping black Americans." Or at least, what he imagines in his head.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-23-2023, 03:19 PM   #7277
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Realistically, this is a job for the Governor, not the President. Being in Europe shows global initiative. OH is a stunt. You put that back on the Governor and say you'll be there when he wants that level of support.

There was an article in the post about the global view of Russia and the US over the Ukraine Conflict. While the majority still side with the US, there are a lot that are simply opposed to the US and growing. The seeds of a larger scale international conflict are there, and navigating that seems a bit more important.

Yeah is the expectation that the President shows up at every disaster in the country now? We've had train derailments with fatalities and the president hasn't visited. We've had chemical accidents and the president hasn't visited.

This is where a Governor is supposed to step up and show leadership. The federal government should assist any way they can, but a President stepping in here in the past would have been scene as simply begging for political points and trying to take the spotlight away from what needs to be done.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 03:29 PM   #7278
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'll be super cynical here. If this were Summer 2024 and polling showed that Biden was doing poorly in Western PA, he'd be there looking all presidential.

But we voters have the attention span of gnats. Whether he visited in February 2023 ain't gonna matter for good or ill by November 2024.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 04:06 PM   #7279
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Scott Adams goes full KKK.

I am so over shit from people like this, guess I can flip a coin to see if my wife hates me. No bravado at all here, I would seriously slap the shit out of him if he said this in earshot of me. Fuck this guy.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 06:32 AM   #7280
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Yeah is the expectation that the President shows up at every disaster in the country now? We've had train derailments with fatalities and the president hasn't visited. We've had chemical accidents and the president hasn't visited.

This is where a Governor is supposed to step up and show leadership. The federal government should assist any way they can, but a President stepping in here in the past would have been scene as simply begging for political points and trying to take the spotlight away from what needs to be done.
Leaders show up. Presidents regularly go to the sites of major catastrophes, so are you saying this is not one? The President showing up highlights how devastating this was, and that attention needs to be brought to the situation. Not showing up says it is not important or a priority.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:34 AM   #7281
GrantDawg

This is where this country is going. Just expect Desantis to control every Universities hiring practices in the country if he becomes president.

Old 02-24-2023, 06:57 AM   #7282
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just don't see him winning over the swing voters he needs. He is too prickly and his culture war BS won't play well with educated suburban women.
Old 02-24-2023, 07:07 AM   #7283
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
This is where this country is going.

Literally. By the millions!

Last edited by Dutch : 02-24-2023 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-24-2023, 07:44 AM   #7284
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Literally. By the millions!
Yup. Last thing we want is people to be educated. Need them as clueless as possible to keep them under control.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:03 AM   #7285
Dutch
"Dutch"

The bill has some significant changes, but to me it suggests it's aligned towards stopping the universities system from becoming/continuing to be politically predatorial and focus on why students are really attending university.

Key takeaways for me.

1. Ensure relevant coursework on the origins of the American system of government (including founding documents) are critically examined and our system of government is examined against competing systems of government. (Hell yeah!)
2. Eliminate political mandates involving identity politics, activism activities and Critical Race Theory additions and distortions to core coursework such as Mathematics, Social Science, Communication, Natural Science and Humanities courses ensuring the goal of these courses is to afford students the ability to master the core subjects is the priority. (Much needed, Floridians are being called clueless and out of control way too much, this will help re-prioritize the value they can achieve from core courses).
3. Faculty members who make over $100,000 a year will have their performance evaluations reviewed. (I'm shocked this didn't already exist)
4. The President of the University hiring board must now approve/deny all faculty hiring. (Leadership starts at the top. Hold them accountable.)

But I understand, political/ideological opponents will likely call the measures draconian.

Last edited by Dutch : 02-24-2023 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:13 AM   #7286
cuervo72
Head Coach

"Critical Race Theory additions and distortions"

Defined by whatever they pull out of their asses, I'm sure.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:15 AM   #7287
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
This is where this country is going. Just expect Desantis to control every Universities hiring practices in the country if he becomes president.

The only think in Kentucky that has kept it from becoming a Republican utopia (in every way) has been the Dem governor. The Rs have supermajorities in both houses, and they are working their way toward single party control in every way.

One of the largest groups with power in the state is the teachers union, which Bevin (the previous dumbass R governor) went to war with, and lost. One of the things Bevin did was to replace all 11 members on the board of education with his people (he replaced a Dem governor previously), and the current governor, did the same, by replacing all members with his appointments.

The Congress here recently passed a bill basically taking all that power from the Governor (in the name of bipartisanship and removal of politics from the process) and gave it to themselves. They clearly do not fear losing power in the near future.

This is on the heels of a new bill basically outlawing any sort of transgender care for anyone under the age of 18 with criminal punishment. I think they are also working on some sort of 'cross dressing around minors' law that's so vaguely worded that trans parents might be in legal jeopardy. Kentucky might be a bit behind some of the other states, but they are wasting no time with near permanent power grabs and culture war policies.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 02-24-2023 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:18 AM   #7288
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
"Critical Race Theory additions and distortions"

Defined by whatever they pull out of their asses, I'm sure.

It's associated with this part of the bill which covers the core course work.

Quote:
1. Communication courses must afford students the ability to communicate effectively, including the ability to write clearly and engage in public speaking, through engagement with the Western literary tradition.
2. Humanities courses must afford students the ability to think critically through the mastering of subjects concerned with human culture, especially literature, history, art, music, and philosophy.
3. Social science courses must afford students an understanding of the basic social and behavioral science concepts and principles used in the analysis of behavior and social, political, and economic issues, including issues from the past and present.
4. Natural science courses must afford students the ability to critically examine and evaluate the principles of the scientific method, model construction, and use the scientific method to explain natural experiences and phenomena.
5. Mathematics courses must afford students a mastery of foundational mathematical and computation models and methods by applying such models and methods in problem solving.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:20 AM   #7289
cuervo72
Head Coach

WTF is the "Western literary tradition?" Old white men? Also, how is "CRT" getting in the way of these things now? This is all a bogeyman to get white people angry. I mean, it's working because reasons, but doesn't mean it isn't a crock of dung.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:30 AM   #7290
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'm sure it'll be fine. After all, it's not as if DeSantis has shown himself to be someone with an axe to grind in the culture wars.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 08:34 AM   #7291
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
WTF is the "Western literary tradition?" Old white men? Also, how is "CRT" getting in the way of these things now? This is all a bogeyman to get white people angry. I mean, it's working because reasons, but doesn't mean it isn't a crock of dung.

Yes, I would imagine “Western literary tradition” is as concerning to people as “critical race theory” is to opposites.

But for my stance on that, English is the international language of choice for secondary speakers and we might want to at least know it as well as they do.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:37 AM   #7292
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I'm sure it'll be fine. After all, it's not as if DeSantis has shown himself to be someone with an axe to grind in the culture wars.

DeSantis is wildly popular (relatively speaking for governors in swing states). There is absolutely the possibility he goes too far. But so far, people are voting with their feet and moving to Florida in droves. It’s likely hard for people to understand unless you grew up in the DC area in the 80’s and 90’s and saw the incredible growth happening there.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:45 AM   #7293
Kodos
Resident Alien

At least they're concentrating themselves in Florida and Texas. Of course, moving to a state where the southern half is going to be underwater by 2050 seems like a sound decision.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:47 AM   #7294
Ksyrup

Quote:
The bill has some significant changes, but to me it suggests it's aligned towards stopping the universities system from becoming/continuing to be politically predatorial and focus on why students are really attending university.

Key takeaways for me.

1. Ensure relevant coursework on the origins of the American system of government (including founding documents) are critically examined and our system of government is examined against competing systems of government. (Hell yeah!)
2. Eliminate political mandates involving identity politics, activism activities and Critical Race Theory additions and distortions to core coursework such as Mathematics, Social Science, Communication, Natural Science and Humanities courses ensuring the goal of these courses is to afford students the ability to master the core subjects is the priority. (Much needed, Floridians are being called clueless and out of control way too much, this will help re-prioritize the value they can achieve from core courses).
3. Faculty members who make over $100,000 a year will have their performance evaluations reviewed. (I'm shocked this didn't already exist)
4. The President of the University hiring board must now approve/deny all faculty hiring. (Leadership starts at the top. Hold them accountable.)

But I understand, political/ideological opponents will likely call the measures draconian.

1 and 2 are so easily picked apart when you consider practical implications and implementation. They go hand-in-hand. Explain how a course can "critically examine" our system of government without the most relevant portion of that examination falling under #2 (at least as defined by those currently in power). This isn't just a hypothetical - the objections already exist and are the purpose for this legislation. Any "critical examination" that raises issues of gender or race or resulting systemic issues based on historical facts are going to be objected to as a political mandate involving ID politics, activism and CRT. And a comparison of our government to others without a true, inward-looking critical examination amounts to nothing more than USA cheerleading. Which is exactly what the GOP is all about - shitting on the idea we are anything but the most perfect country/form of government the world has ever seen, where everyone has been free and unencumbered to pursue their dreams for 250 years.

Without knowing more, to me #3 and 4 are potentially concerning in the way they could be implemented, such as the DeSantis administration getting directly involved in university issues to pressure them on certain things (like attempting to bar UF professors from testifying in a federal voting rights case).

As usual, the devil is in the details and implementation. But here, we have enough history to suggest how this is going to be manipulated, even if on the surface, some of these appear relatively benign.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-24-2023 at 08:51 AM.
Old 02-24-2023, 08:53 AM   #7295
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
DeSantis is wildly popular (relatively speaking for governors in swing states). There is absolutely the possibility he goes too far. But so far, people are voting with their feet and moving to Florida in droves. It’s likely hard for people to understand unless you grew up in the DC area in the 80’s and 90’s and saw the incredible growth happening there.

What evidence do you have that people are moving to Florida because of DeSantis instead of, say, cheaper housing prices and no state income tax?
Old 02-24-2023, 08:57 AM   #7296
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
1 and 2 are so easily picked apart when you consider practical implications and implementation.

Exactly. It's not a huge leap to see a scenario that whomever the people examining curriculum (one can assumes DeSantis acolytes) deem a syllabus that stresses the Faith of the Founders to be of critical importance to understanding American government, and the fact that most were slaveowners and they all deemed a huge chunk of the population to be subhuman of no relevance whatsoever.
Old 02-24-2023, 09:06 AM   #7297
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Exactly. It's not a huge leap to see a scenario that whomever the people examining curriculum (one can assumes DeSantis acolytes) deem a syllabus that stresses the Faith of the Founders to be of critical importance to understanding American government, and the fact that most were slaveowners and they all deemed a huge chunk of the population to be subhuman of no relevance whatsoever.

Or just re-write history as someone on Fox News did a couple of years ago by stating as a "fact" that most of the founding fathers were against slavery despite good evidence that the overwhelming majority of them were lifelong slave owners.
Old 02-24-2023, 09:10 AM   #7298
miked
College Starter

Quote:

Key takeaways for me.

Clearly you have your lib-owning agenda, but working in a university this is BS. We do not put anything called CRT into our math curriculum. There are numerous documented studies by people other than the republican think tanks that show having math problems that include some diverse topics actually help those from underserved populations frame their answers a little better. The point of including these things is not to teach that somehow white people suck, but having references and examples to people's own cultural reference points helps them learn.

Also, as a faculty member, I (and nearly every university) have an annual review process every year that takes into account my three main focus areas...research, teaching, and service. This is complete with review from my Associate Chair, my Chair, and the Dean's office. At GT (public school) there is tenure review every few years. All of our appointments are annual appointments, even with tenure. Now I suppose Desantis in his "I'm all for freedom" stance wants to appoint his own special board of rich white business dudes who vote for him to review the reviews, which is beyond stupid.

Also, any hiring I make needs to go through departmental approval, dean's office approval, provost approval, HR approval. Having one person approve everything is so dumb as it would be ripe with abuse, not to mention most universities hire hundreds, if not more, people every year. It would either grind things to a halt, or be a meaningless rubber stamp.

All these things already exist at most places, the only difference is that he wants to control it with his donors. The man who yells freedom and said he despises the federal government telling him what to do, just wants to control it from his house instead. He is as much for freedom as the other dictators, otherwise he would not be banning private business from making their own medical and business decisions and telling teachers what to teach. But hey, RAH! OWN THE LIBS!
Old 02-24-2023, 09:23 AM   #7299
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:

Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 09:24 AM   #7300
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

Since the base is always growing, hard to maintain the same rate. Do you the data in raw increases per year?