Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > WOOF Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Which of the following best describes your thoughts on commishing this league?
Post a public message first looking for an outsider to volunteer. 4 16.67%
Determine a specific outsider that we want to ask. 2 8.33%
Take care of it from within. 18 75.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2006, 05:51 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

WHAT DIRECTION TO MOVE IN REGARDING COMMISH.

(NOTE: For option one, it is assumed that if we don't find someone suitable from outside, that we'd then pursue option 2 or 3.)

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-28-2006 at 06:09 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:06 AM   #2
3ric
College Starter

The IHOF caught lightning in a bottle with VPI volunteering to be a non-playing commish... I doubt we'd achieve the same stability with an outsider. We should take care of it from within.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:09 AM   #3
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I don't see any reason to restrict ourselves in this. We can at least see if there's any good candidates out there who would be interested. It doesn't mean we have to accept them or not sort it out internally anyway.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:14 AM   #4
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

I voted to ask around but still sugest we ask Nugget699.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:20 AM   #5
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwood_DK View Post
I voted to ask around but still sugest we ask Nugget699.
That would be interesting. He'd clearly make great logos. It sounds like he's been lurking a lot longer than he's been posting. The #1 question I'd have would be reliability, though. He's such an unknown factor. Of course, it would be a great feel-good story if the unknown turned out to be a great commish.

EDIT: The #2 question would be to wonder if he'd be willing to accept our team names. From reading his thread in the MP forum, it looks like he's somewhat locked in to those names/logos.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-28-2006 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:34 AM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

I voted take care from within.

I would have said an outsider if I felt there is someone with a proven track record out there, but for the most part I think we have either invited or have the most proven owners/commishes out there.

I'm very much not in favor of an unknown as our commish. For instance, Nugget699 could be the best commish ever, but we just don't know anything about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-28-2006, 07:37 AM   #7
miked
College Starter

I voted within. It's just so hard to find somebody willing to devote so much to something they aren't "truly" involved in. I think giving much power to somebody who really has nothing to lose by leaving might hurt.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:54 AM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I voted take care from within.

I would have said an outsider if I felt there is someone with a proven track record out there, but for the most part I think we have either invited or have the most proven owners/commishes out there.

I'm very much not in favor of an unknown as our commish. For instance, Nugget699 could be the best commish ever, but we just don't know anything about him.

Agree with this also.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:09 AM   #9
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I voted within. It's just so hard to find somebody willing to devote so much to something they aren't "truly" involved in. I think giving much power to somebody who really has nothing to lose by leaving might hurt.
On the other hand, a non-playing commish will have an easier time to choose a point of view when a decission has to be made on ownership changes, penalties for breaking rules, etc. Not to mention that the trust level has to be much higher with a commish within. The determining reason for joining the GEFL has been that I knew I could trust the commish (VPI97).
Old 11-28-2006, 08:18 AM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
On the other hand, a non-playing commish will have an easier time to choose a point of view when a decission has to be made on ownership changes, penalties for breaking rules, etc. Not to mention that the trust level has to be much higher with a commish within. The determining reason for joining the GEFL has been that I knew I could trust the commish (VPI97).

Yeah.. I think the basic advantage to a non-playing commish is that he's totally impartial.

I like the idea in theory, it's just that I don't know of anyone out there... I guess we could go to our top list of owner invitees, of which I know a commish (Taco) is on the top of the list. But I know that he has had to take breaks at times, so we'd have to have backup options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #11
RedKingGold
College Starter

Has option #3 won? 11 votes in either direction would still give option #3 the win.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #12
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Has option #3 won? 11 votes in either direction would still give option #3 the win.
Let's let it get one more to get a clear majority before declaring it.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #13
Icy
Pro Starter

Unless we can get a great and proved outside commish, i prefer a league member to take the spot.

Old 11-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #14
Ben E Lou

Looks like this one is decided. Starting new thread...