Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Should users be allowed to use teambuildered versions of high prestige teams
Yes, it should be allowed. 1 12.50%
No, it should not be allowed. 6 75.00%
I want to see results without voting. 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

The Pyramid - Allow high-prestige teams to be rebuilt as 1-star teambuilder teams?

Cartman had the following objection to using teambuildered versions of high-prestige teams. Should we allow high-prestige teams to be recreated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I'm a bit concerned about this part:

"or you can create a 1-star version of a real team."

Because it seems that there is still a hidden prestige rating that allows that team to easily get back to a high star level. If you look at the current NCAA league, Rice and USC have had similar records over the past few seasons, but USC is a 6 star team while Rice is 4 star. So my preference would be to limit it to the list of teams.

And I'm in, and I'd claim Texas State.

This poll is in response to this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=87864

Last edited by Kodos : 12-09-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Voted no. Since to concept is to take a sorry team and try to build them up, it seems to short circuit the process a bit by using a high-prestige team with a gutted roster. In theory it shouldn't matter, but it appears there is some sort of hidden rating for the teams. I think we should stick to making our choices from the list of teams that Kodos spelled out.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

I wonder if we could get around the issue by creating CU's team as "C1emson" instead of "Clemson".
Old 12-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Im not going to be a b1tch about ti and refuse to play unless I can have Clemson...but Id really like to have them if possible.

Lord knows I suffered enough with the FAU team I inherited with no players above 50 OVR...

Lol whatever is decided is fine.
Id rather not have a fake Clemson..to me the cool part would be to see the stadium etc.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
chesapeake
College Starter

I'm not sure I'm convinced that some teams have a hidden prestige rating. It could be that the 2 national championships that USC has won in the dynasty have earned them the 2 extra stars. I'd have to double check, but I think I have 5-star prestige and my only big accomplishment is winning a BCS bowl game a couple of seasons ago. I can't imagine that Duke has any hidden modifiers in a football game.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #6
chesapeake
College Starter

I'm tired and need to go to bed. As proof, I meant to vote yes and screwed it up. Nighty-night.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote