Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #151
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Manning looks like hes having issues with his gloves... he shoudl man up and take them off.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #152
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Last time Peyton Manning has been held under 200 yards was:
December 26th, 2010: 179 yards against Oakland (29 starts)

He is currently at 115 yards with 3:15 left.

He has been under 200 yards a total of 40 times in his career, but it appears that 7 of those times happened on the last week of the season where he probably didn't play or throw much.

Last edited by fantom1979 : 11-24-2013 at 10:33 PM.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #153
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathetic Lurker View Post
Fat lady missed her cue to start warming up

Good thing the Patsies spotted Manning a few points otherwise it would be an embarrassing blowout....

I have a feeling it would have ended up this way no matter what
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #154
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ninkovich is no longer allowed to be captain, after peeping over to the sidelines to ask Bill what to do upon winning the coin toss.

And I'm 100% rooting for Broncos TD to keep Pats from ever getting shot after they selected "wind" in OT. Would be very interested in any math suggesting that allowing highest scoring offense in football a chance to score TD and end game outright is the optimal play in this situation.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #155
Desnudo
Coordinator

Out thinking it there I thnk. Never want manning with the ball.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #156
General Mike
Pro Starter

Not sure playing defense first is the right call in OT.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #157
Galaril
Pro Starter

So Moreno is going to get paid bigtime as a free agent after this season.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #158
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Marty Mornhinweg, despite is offense scoring 3 points with the Jets today, is smiling right now.

Last edited by fantom1979 : 11-24-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #159
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Not sure playing defense first is the right call in OT.

worked out ok.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 11-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #160
hoopsguy
General Manager

Curses. Oh well, settle back in and return to relatively dispassionate observer mode again.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #161
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Wow. Big missed call there.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #162
hoopsguy
General Manager

I wonder what Brady thinks of the stuff Talib gets away with every other series.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #163
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

It is way too early to really be thinking about this, but I wonder when the last time there was two ties in one week.

Last edited by fantom1979 : 11-24-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #164
General Mike
Pro Starter

GJGE Cody Carter
Old 11-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #165
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Goodness me.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #166
kingfc22
Head Coach

A backup QB blocking a FG in this game would just be par for the course.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #167
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Wow. Awesome win for the Pats. Woo hoo!!!!!
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #168
Desnudo
Coordinator

That rates up there with the intentional safety game of improbable wins
Old 11-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #169
Danny
Head Coach

Daddy torgo now has to turn off the game and go watch walking dead every week if he wants the pats to win
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #170
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Daddy torgo now has to turn off the game and go watch walking dead every week if he wants the pats to win

He really is an embarrassment to Pats fans everywhere, not to mention FOFC as well.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #171
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
He really is an embarrassment to Pats fans everywhere, not to mention FOFC as well.

Fuck you very much.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-24-2013 at 11:44 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #172
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Classic Manning cold weather performance. Broncos fans better pray that they get nice weather for the playoffs in Denver and in New York if they get there.

That missed call on pass interference in the end zone last week could have a huge impact on home field advantage in the playoffs. With a win against Carolina, New England sits in first right now in the AFC with five very winnable games.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #173
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

What a weird night.

Go to the Wrestling PPV, and sit in the corporate suite section keeping an eye on the scoreboard (I had thought that I would be able to get streaming video or highlights, I was mistaken). See the Pats go down 24-0.. think to myself smugly "Made the right decision".

Then the PPV ended on an extremely horrible main event that I half missed as I hurried back to the train station (the last train on the commuter rail leaves at 11:20.. I miss that, the next one's at 4:00 am!)..

See the Pats have cut the lead to 24-21.. as I take the city train to the commuter rail station it's 31-24 pats.. get on the commuter rail, and try to follow OT all the way home, get out of the commuter rail station and get into my car about 1 minute after the winning FG.

Missed a comeback for the ages.. and because I didn't give THAT much extra recording time on the DVR, highlights of the end is all I'm going to get.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #174
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
last time we'll see Ridley tonight, maybe this year
Year? If we had lost I wouldn't be surprised if he was left next to Jimmy Hoffa. He's 20% better running the ball than any of our other backs, but there isn't a chance in hell he sees the field again. Too bad, but it's just too far gone at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
One day maybe Stafford will be consistently good and not have to depend on megatron so much.
To be fair, if I was a QB and he was on my team I would throw jump balls to CJ every time he was in 1v1 coverage or I felt even the slightest bit of pressure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Then the PPV ended on an extremely horrible main event that I half missed as I hurried back to the train station (the last train on the commuter rail leaves at 11:20.. I miss that, the next one's at 4:00 am!)..
The T is great if you're a family or a tourist and an absolute joke if you like to drink or go out. Having the last train leave 1+ hours before bars close, not extending any extra service when there are events (outside of one train to/from Foxboro that only runs for Pats games, and puts you there/takes you away within 30 min of kickoff so you can't tailgate).
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #175
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I have fun giving him a hard time, as others in this thread, but this is a pretty uncalled for comment.

Would I have turned off a Giants game in such fashion, no, but to call someone an embarrassment is unnecessary.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #176
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I have fun giving him a hard time, as others in this thread, but this is a pretty uncalled for comment.

Would I have turned off a Giants game in such fashion, no, but to call someone an embarrassment is unnecessary.

Probably but this has been going on for a long time and has become a running joke. Fans could and did turn away from the game but you keep that to yourself and not promote it publicly.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #177
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

DT seems to relish shitting on his teams constantly, so when he's wrong I think he's due it.
Ronnie Dobbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #178
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Fans could and did turn away from the game but you keep that to yourself and not promote it publicly.

Why not? Some stuff isn't worth watching, and that first half would definitely qualify if you're a Pats fan. You bail out then you risk the thrill of a miraculous comeback but it isn't as though you somehow owe the team something when they're sucking.

I mean, this isn't life or death for fans ... it's entertainment (theoretically anyhow). And what exactly is "entertaining" about watching your team stink up the joint & get the hell beat out of them? I'm a Georgia Tech fan for Chrissakes, I know a little about that situation
Old 11-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #179
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post
DT seems to relish shitting on his teams constantly, so when he's wrong I think he's due it.

I believe he did actually "officially" give up on the Patriots when Wilfork got injured if not earlier, so he may have just viewed this as some kind of consolation game.

Ya, lots of people lapse into casual fandom, which is fine and good, but the charm and amusing thing here, is as you say, the "relish" he takes in it - for someone who isn't much of a fan of these teams anymore, he still is passionate about shitting on them. "FUCK THESE FUCKTARDS, DAMN IT, FML - by the way, I'm a super casual fan". It's kind of like a caricature of the stereotypical Boston fan who takes so much more glee in being angry about sports than in getting any enjoyment from them. Which actually can be kind of fun during games like last night's.

Last edited by molson : 11-25-2013 at 09:30 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #180
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'd say this discussion is more of an indictment on Bucc's character than DT's.

I've stop watching more than a few of my teams games when they weren't playing as bad as the Pats did that first half. I probably would have stepped away yesterday if I wasn't at the game.

No clue why I'm not supposed to say that out loud?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #181
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'm a Georgia Tech fan for Chrissakes, I know a little about that situation

I think you and I probably have mostly all similar teams. From what I remember of your following at least. I don't think either of us picked very well. Falcons, Braves (kinda, even though I seem to watch baseball far less these days than a decade ago), Georgia Tech, and have always followed University of Tennessee (both of my parents graduated from there).

I have to say that I pretty regularly turn off games out of frustration from my teams So I don't blame DT for it at all, though I do still get chuckles sometimes thinking about how he gave up on the Red Sox before the season started this year.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #182
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
though I do still get chuckles sometimes thinking about how he gave up on the Red Sox before the season started this year.

It even works in reverse - he gave up on the Celtics being lottery-bad this year after they won three games in early November.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #183
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Like Lathum said, when I'm wrong I'm happy to take it (hell, I'd argue that's part of my "persona" here), but there's a line of what's reasonable ribbing.

Like Jon said - it's not life or death, it's entertainment. We don't owe the team our eyeballs even when they suck - hell in this day and age of free agency the players don't even stick around when the team sucks. If you guys feel you owe it to them then, or you don't have anything else to do with your time, that's great. I'm different.

FWIW - I still have it sitting on my DVR, suitably extended for OT, so I can go home tonight and watch.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #184
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

There are plenty of fans of teams who seem to 'relish' in shitting on their teams. That doesn't make them LESS of fans - I see it more as a defense mechanism. The hurts have hurt so much that shitting on your own team prepares yourself in case they disappoint.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #185
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Yeah Boston has had a lot of hurt these last 12 years so I get it
Old 11-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #186
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah Boston has had a lot of hurt these last 12 years so I get it

Sometimes, when we don't win a championship, it makes me want to cut.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-25-2013 at 09:41 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #187
molson
General Manager

I gave up on the Patriots last night enough to start fast forwarding on the DVR, but then I accidentally saw something on the front page of reddit - a reference to Bill Belichick and a photo of Randy Marsh and his giant balls. So I figured, I don't know exactly what happened, but Belichick must have done something awesome at some point. So I slowed down the fast forward enough to see most plays, and definitely thought for a second that he was going for it on 4th down from his own 40 near the end of regulation. I should have saw the wind thing coming.

I'd say the most fun times to be a sports fan are when you're team surprises, either with a comeback, or with an unexpected successful season like the '13 Red Sox. That's much more fun to me than going into the playoffs at 16-0 and having to win every game to avoid epic disappointment.

Last edited by molson : 11-25-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #188
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I believe he did actually "officially" give up on the Patriots when Wilfork got injured if not earlier, so he may have just viewed this as some kind of consolation game.

Ya, lots of people lapse into casual fandom, which is fine and good, but the charm and amusing thing here, is as you say, the "relish" he takes in it - for someone who isn't much of a fan of these teams anymore, he still is passionate about shitting on them. "FUCK THESE FUCKTARDS, DAMN IT, FML - by the way, I'm a super casual fan". It's kind of like a caricature of the stereotypical Boston fan who takes so much more glee in being angry about sports than in getting any enjoyment from them. Which actually can be kind of fun during games like last night's.

I'm posting on a sports message board created for a spreadsheet-style football game that hasn't been updated since 2007. So I suppose I view myself as "super casual" in regard to some of you guys (in that I don't play fantasy, don't follow college FB at all, I couldn't tell you how any of the other teams in the league are doing this year record-wise, couldn't tell you what players are leading in various statistical categories, etc). Doesn't mean I don't want "my teams" to win on game day. So yeah, if they play sloppy fundamentally I'll shit on them. If they get beat straight-up you won't see me in here shitting on their every move and turning the game off, but if they make boneheaded plays, I'm going to get irritated and find something better to do. My time is too valuable to me to sit and watch grown-ass men who are getting PAID TO PLAY A GAME fail to execute the basics.

You should see me sitting in my place alone yelling at my TV during a soccer game if Juventus is tied/losing. It makes what I post in here seem tame. And then I will sit there until the bitter end.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #189
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I have to say that I pretty regularly turn off games out of frustration from my teams So I don't blame DT for it at all, though I do still get chuckles sometimes thinking about how he gave up on the Red Sox before the season started this year.

I watched all of the IU-Ohio State and IU-Wisconsin games these last two weekends. Although I did start using the skip 10 seconds forward button a lot...
Old 11-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #190
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
There are plenty of fans of teams who seem to 'relish' in shitting on their teams. That doesn't make them LESS of fans - I see it more as a defense mechanism. The hurts have hurt so much that shitting on your own team prepares yourself in case they disappoint.

Indeed - and if you knew me personally you'd also know that I spent years and years with HUGE walls up in my personal life to avoid being hurt. I didn't let ANYBODY in. In fact, I think they're still there to some degree...being hurt is probably my #1 fear in life, so it's probably no surprise that this defense mechanism carries over to the way I watch sports.

It also carries over into my business - of the two of us partners, I'm definitely the pessimist.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #191
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
That's also my schtick too though right? And then you can all point and scold me for not being a believer when they pull out a last-second victory. And you know what - I hope that's the way it plays out and I'd gladly take all the ribbing it if it does. If that's what it takes!

You said you'd just take it

Didn't even realize this conversation happened earlier in the thread
Old 11-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #192
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You said you'd just take it

Didn't even realize this conversation happened earlier in the thread

I do take it - I've got no problem with that. If that's what it takes (superstition-wise) to get them the win, then I'm all for it.

I was responding more to the general discussion that has been ongoing.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:57 AM   #193
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

No I know I just didn't realize this ground had been covered - trying to subtly sneak off the pile
Old 11-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #194
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No I know I just didn't realize this ground had been covered - trying to subtly sneak off the pile

It's cool I'm good-natured about it - you can stay on the pile. I just figured I'd engage in the broader discussion.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #195
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

You should listen to Felger and Mazz I think you'd like them.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #196
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

The AFC seems pretty wide open right now.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #197
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Why not? Some stuff isn't worth watching, and that first half would definitely qualify if you're a Pats fan. You bail out then you risk the thrill of a miraculous comeback but it isn't as though you somehow owe the team something when they're sucking.

I mean, this isn't life or death for fans ... it's entertainment (theoretically anyhow). And what exactly is "entertaining" about watching your team stink up the joint & get the hell beat out of them? I'm a Georgia Tech fan for Chrissakes, I know a little about that situation

I stopped watching after 24-0. I'm too old to care. Actually I would have stopped watching when I was younger. As I imagine 3/4 Of Patriots fans did. Or any other fan base for that matter.

I got to watch 3 Shows with my wife and still watch the comeback thanks to the beauty of DVR. I'm not sure where the "must watch every minute of a terrible game" mentality comes from. Maybe in the era before the NFL ran five minute commercial breaks after every punt.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #198
Butter
Coordinator

I will routinely bail on out-of-hand Bengals games in order to watch Red Zone. I figure if they start coming back, I will be the first to know. I think the only game this year I had to abandon wholesale was that abomination @ the Browns.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #199
Radii
Head Coach

Since we're all having the conversation here... I assume we've all gotten frustrated with our teams, we've all stopped watching or fastforwarded through games, we've all claimed "fuck this, I'm done" but we don't really mean it, and maybe we've done so publicly, none of those things are a big deal.

DT frequently goes a step beyond that, he likes to go out of his way to brag about how he's not even watching something from the start because its not worth his precious time. It combines a couple big pet peeves of mine: 1) showing up in a thread you have no interest in to proclaim your lack of interest, which really only serves to shit on the folks in that thread who are interested (non soccer fans in the soccer thread talking about how much soccer sucks is the prime example of this I think). 2) Going out of your way to declare how something is beneath you and your valuable time, which inevitably comes across as implying that everyone else here is also beneath you for being so stupid as to waste their time on this shit.

I am 100% sure DT doesn't intend any of that, but it is how it comes across to me nearly every single time.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #200
TRO
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Since we're all having the conversation here... I assume we've all gotten frustrated with our teams, we've all stopped watching or fastforwarded through games, we've all claimed "fuck this, I'm done" but we don't really mean it, and maybe we've done so publicly, none of those things are a big deal.

DT frequently goes a step beyond that, he likes to go out of his way to brag about how he's not even watching something from the start because its not worth his precious time. It combines a couple big pet peeves of mine: 1) showing up in a thread you have no interest in to proclaim your lack of interest, which really only serves to shit on the folks in that thread who are interested (non soccer fans in the soccer thread talking about how much soccer sucks is the prime example of this I think). 2) Going out of your way to declare how something is beneath you and your valuable time, which inevitably comes across as implying that everyone else here is also beneath you for being so stupid as to waste their time on this shit.

I am 100% sure DT doesn't intend any of that, but it is how it comes across to me nearly every single time.

I'm not even going to bother reading this.