Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2023, 02:21 PM   #25001
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, you gotta tell us how it all goes. You can't just post something like that and not follow up.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 02:59 PM   #25002
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I've done hypnotherapy before. It was lame and disappointing.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 04:05 PM   #25003
bob
College Starter

2FA can bite my ass.

One company I use requires it. Which is great, until they suddenly stop being able to send out the verification emails.

For the last 48 hours I've been trying to get in. Overnight while I slept I received about 8 emails, but they were all expired by the time I woke up (might have been expired by the time I actually received them too).

I wish I could just turn it off. As of now I'm locked out of my account despite having my password.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 04:19 PM   #25004
bob
College Starter

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
2FA can bite my ass.

One company I use requires it. Which is great, until they suddenly stop being able to send out the verification emails.

For the last 48 hours I've been trying to get in. Overnight while I slept I received about 8 emails, but they were all expired by the time I woke up (might have been expired by the time I actually received them too).

I wish I could just turn it off. As of now I'm locked out of my account despite having my password.

Oh, and the kicker is they don't provide any support unless you are logged into your account.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:32 PM   #25005
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Try Twitter.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 04:47 PM   #25006
bob
College Starter

Yeah, I've tried but nothing back yet.
Old 05-03-2023, 05:15 PM   #25007
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Ok, you gotta tell us how it all goes. You can't just post something like that and not follow up.

SI

shhhhh he thinks he's a chicken and now his wallet is empty
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 06:01 PM   #25008
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So it was weird. First off it gave me a massive headache.

It wasn't like in a show or the movies. There was no "follow this watch"

The therapist came highly recommended from a trusted source. I did it because I at times make impulsive decisions that aren't always healthy for me. Nothing dire, but enough of a pattern I wanted to address it.

It took an hour, which flew by, and I was definitely in and out of consciousness. It was more like meditation where he basically inserted a place in my subconscious that I can access when I need to.
Old 05-03-2023, 06:15 PM   #25009
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
2FA can bite my ass.

I had this same issue with Xfinity a few weeks back. They'd send a code, it'd come an hour later, the site said it expired, repeat.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 06:16 PM   #25010
RainMaker
General Manager

If can setup an authenticator app instead of SMS or e-mail, it's much more reliable.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 06:50 PM   #25011
Silver Owl
High School JV

Quote:
Does anyone have a good password manager recommendation? Last Pass has pissed me off for the last time.

I have used roboform for years and have had zero problems.
Silver Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 07:03 PM   #25012
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

The therapist came highly recommended from a trusted source. I did it because I at times make impulsive decisions that aren't always healthy for me. Nothing dire, but enough of a pattern I wanted to address it.

It took an hour, which flew by, and I was definitely in and out of consciousness. It was more like meditation where he basically inserted a place in my subconscious that I can access when I need to.

Narnia?
Old 05-03-2023, 07:06 PM   #25013
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Narnia?

There is a witch and a wardrobe...
Old 05-03-2023, 07:11 PM   #25014
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

This is what he did to you under hypnosis

Old 05-03-2023, 08:40 PM   #25015
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I just took my trash down the driveway to the street. I started to quietly approach the front porch to see if the baby foxes were out. Out of the darkness one of the mama foxes made it very clear I needed to not do that.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 06:17 AM   #25016
Kodos
Resident Alien

Good mama!
Old 05-04-2023, 06:17 AM   #25017
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
If can setup an authenticator app instead of SMS or e-mail, it's much more reliable.

Yep. I use Authy.
Old 05-04-2023, 07:25 AM   #25018
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I have to do my office's annual cyber security training.

But this year they changed it from text to video, so I can't just skim through it and take the (easy) test at the end. I have to sit through a bunch of un-skippable videos. Sigh.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:27 AM   #25019
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I spend about 4-5 hours a week on cybersecurity meetings/documentation. It is an awful topic (but necessary) and rife with unanswerable practical questions about implementation that I hate.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:32 AM   #25020
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Cool. I've also heard it as described similar to meditation.

SI

Old 05-04-2023, 07:34 AM   #25021
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

But this year they changed it from text to video, so I can't just skim through it and take the (easy) test at the end. I have to sit through a bunch of un-skippable videos. Sigh.

I always had the option to download the text script for "hearing/visual impaired".

Most times, I just let it play on the background while I'm doing something else. Then I take screenshots of & review the "summary" slides and can pretty much pass them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I spend about 4-5 hours a week on cybersecurity meetings/documentation. It is an awful topic (but necessary) and rife with unanswerable practical questions about implementation that I hate.

Sounds like yours is much more serious & detailed.

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-04-2023 at 07:35 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:43 AM   #25022
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

So it was annoying, but one really funny part was they had a video of someone who had blown off cyber training and clicked on a phishing link. And she recounted the events with the sadness and solemnity of someone in a 1985 anti-drug PSA talking about how marijuana and cocaine ruined her life. I laughed.
Old 05-04-2023, 07:44 AM   #25023
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I always had the option to download the text script for "hearing/visual impaired".

Most times, I just let it play on the background while I'm doing something else. Then I take screenshots of & review the "summary" slides and can pretty much pass them.

Sounds like yours is much more serious & detailed.

Yeah. Mine is very surface level. Lots of "don't click on links in suspicious emails" and "don't put your password on a post-it stuck to your monitor" type stuff.

Just a hoop to jump through.
Old 05-04-2023, 08:35 AM   #25024
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Just like most safety or sexual harassment training. The main purpose is that the company can legally defend themselves that they are trying to address these things without having to do much more than pay some company to come up with cheap training for them and add it to the pile of stuff that employees have to squeeze into their already too busy days.

If I was trying to be charitable, at least I could say that if you're having, say, sexual harassment or cybersecurity training, you're at least acknowledging there might be some level of problem and that the company nominally is trying to bring awareness to it so it doesn't get worse.

SI

Old 05-04-2023, 12:38 PM   #25025
Ksyrup

I got a coupon in the mail today for something I didn't know existed or we needed - Bush's Baked Beans Zero Sugar.

I mean, yeah, baked beans certainly have a lot of sugar, so I get it. But I definitely didn't have baked beans on my "next to get the zero sugar treatment" list.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-04-2023, 12:49 PM   #25026
Edward64
Head Coach

Not a big art fan but think this is cool. I've seen the Mona Lisa at the Louvre (painting is smaller than I would have thought).

I've never noticed the "bridge" behind her. Apparently, it's been identified.

Stone bridge in background of Mona Lisa is uncovered as a Tuscany beauty spotÂ* | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Art historian Silvano Vinceti believes the overpass depicted in the 16th century painting is the Romito bridge that used to span over the Arno River in the small Italian village of Laterina, The Telegraph reported.

He claimed to have 'no doubt' that he has correctly identified the four-arch bridge after analysing historical documents and drone images, and comparing da Vinci's artwork to photos of the area.

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-04-2023 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2023, 12:55 PM   #25027
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
I can only imagine what is involved in cyber security for lawyers. You probably handle a great volume of what would be called "sensitive documents." I know my wife has to go through the HIPAA compliance stuff, and it is a PIA.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 01:00 PM   #25028
Ksyrup

It's worse than that. It's being an integral part of developing the cybersecurity and privacy policies for our entire organization.
Old 05-04-2023, 01:06 PM   #25029
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Cyber security training is a requirement nearly everywhere now, ours is always annual, and I still have to send techs to visit docs or nurses that just click on anything or throw any disk their given into their PC.

Oh, and the one that probably gets people the most here is going out to look for wallpapers for the desktop or laptop. It's amazing, DHA has our shit so locked down It's difficult to do anything but users still find a way.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 01:53 PM   #25030
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

The internet is amazing. I'd been trying to remember a specific movie text sim I remember playing in my dad's church office back in the 90s on an old floppy disk. Literally trying to find it for well over a decade. I remember playing it with like Karateka, a track and field game and California games.

Didn't know this subreddit existed until yesterday, but searched and found someone wondering the same thing a few months ago. I even remembered the correct. Ame but no amount of searching had turned it up before.

Blocked
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:36 PM   #25031
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quidditch really makes no sense when you think about it.
Old 05-04-2023, 03:04 PM   #25032
PilotMan
Head Coach

I thought that from the start. The balance is the entire game comes down to the seeker. That's it. Nothing ends matters at all. Waste of resources to spend time on anything else.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 03:22 PM   #25033
GrantDawg

It is a sport written by someone who thinks sports are a joke.
Old 05-04-2023, 03:54 PM   #25034
molson
General Manager

I don't know Harry Potter stuff, but did learn, and was amused by, the fact that one of the teams was from my crappy little hometown of Fitchburg, Massachusetts.

Fitchburg Finches | Harry Potter Wiki | Fandom

And there's t-shirts with logos and stuff.

Last edited by molson : 05-04-2023 at 04:09 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 10:37 AM   #25035
GrantDawg

We have a large General Mills plant in town, and some morning as I work you can really smell the toasted cereal in the air. It really is pleasant, at until my brain inevitably goes "isn't there a poison gas that has that same smell?" Then I start having am irrational trepidation that everyone is about to die.
Welcome to my broken brain.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2023, 12:31 PM   #25036
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lol. There is a nestle plant where I grew up and you always knew it was going to rain because you could smell
Coffee. Only when it was about to rain though.
Old 05-05-2023, 09:57 PM   #25037
molson
General Manager

Both of those sound way more pleasant than the Nampa, Idaho sugar beet factory.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 07:03 AM   #25038
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

The Duke's Mayo factory smells as wonderful as you would imagine.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 09:00 PM   #25039
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
The Duke's Mayo factory smells as wonderful as you would imagine.

John Wayne had a Mayo Factory?
Old 05-08-2023, 02:26 AM   #25040
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Jamie Foxx something happened to, bad
Old 05-08-2023, 02:27 AM   #25041
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Quidditch really makes no sense when you think about it.

and having magic items solve EVERY book of the series does?
Old 05-08-2023, 08:58 PM   #25042
21C
College Prospect

I'm in my office while a younger teacher is next door teaching a History class about WWII. At one time, I heard her say "furrer" and I'm trying to work out what she was talking about. Maybe I didn't hear her properly. She then repeats it before a student pipes up and says, "Do you mean 'führer'?"

:facepalm:
Old 05-08-2023, 09:02 PM   #25043
Ksyrup

One of our top execs ALWAYS says mute instead of moot. A couple of us have talked about it and tried to come up with a way to correct her without sounding like a grammar lesson, but she's been doing it so long, it's hard to figure out a tactful way to do it. So we just let her continue to sound stupid (at least in that one isolated way - she's great to work with and pretty damn smart otherwise).
Old 05-08-2023, 09:39 PM   #25044
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
I'm in my office while a younger teacher is next door teaching a History class about WWII. At one time, I heard her say "furrer" and I'm trying to work out what she was talking about. Maybe I didn't hear her properly. She then repeats it before a student pipes up and says, "Do you mean 'führer'?"

:facepalm:

I think the teacher meant furry. Hitler was a furry.
Old 05-08-2023, 10:24 PM   #25045
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I think the teacher meant furry. Hitler was a furry.

lmao
Old 05-08-2023, 10:25 PM   #25046
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I've been thinking. NobodyHere is just a lie. SOMEbody is obviously there.
Old 05-08-2023, 11:07 PM   #25047
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
One of our top execs ALWAYS says mute instead of moot. A couple of us have talked about it and tried to come up with a way to correct her without sounding like a grammar lesson, but she's been doing it so long, it's hard to figure out a tactful way to do it. So we just let her continue to sound stupid (at least in that one isolated way - she's great to work with and pretty damn smart otherwise).
Yeah, I know how you feel. I'm forever correcting people in my head but, the first time you say it out loud, you come across as the villain.

I know lots of people who say "dribble" instead of "drivel"; "supposably"; "aks" instead of "ask"; "eck cetera".

Where's the Grammar thread again . . . ?
Old 05-09-2023, 01:03 AM   #25048
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
Yeah, I know how you feel. I'm forever correcting people in my head but, the first time you say it out loud, you come across as the villain.

I know lots of people who say "dribble" instead of "drivel"; "supposably"; "aks" instead of "ask"; "eck cetera".

Where's the Grammar thread again . . . ?

My son's elementary school principal was a habitual user of "aks" and "Schoo". It drove me nuts. In the very few conversations I had with him, I was always tempted to recount how I used to think it was cute to pronounce the word Animal as "Aminal" around my toddler daughter. I did that right up until she started to pronounce it like me.

I might have been considered racist or he might not have made the connection that I was making a point unless I said it directly in response to "Schoo". Or is it "Skoo"? I really don't know.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 09:48 AM   #25049
Edward64
Head Coach

More power to you Travis Bickle. Happy to hear all the plumbing still works.

Quote:
Robert De Niro Reveals He 'Just Had a Baby' at 79, Now Is a Dad of 7

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-09-2023 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-09-2023, 10:16 AM   #25050
Ksyrup

That's unfair to the kid. I mean, he'll obviously have money, but he likely won't have a dad growing up. Sounds like a winning combination!