Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #51
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
dola, check that, going to go out to eat w/ my sister, not sure i'll be back by 9:30. I'll check in here when I am back though, *should* be before 10.

Ok, man. I'll be around...let me know!

Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #52
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Ok, man. I'll be around...let me know!

I'm back, can play any time.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:22 PM   #53
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

GG Radii..I'm uploading a few highlights...the wildest play to me was the last play of the first half....dodged a bullet there
Old 09-15-2008, 10:26 PM   #54
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
GG Radii..I'm uploading a few highlights...the wildest play to me was the last play of the first half....dodged a bullet there

good game. I rarely take the time to save highlights in a loss That hail mary was crazy, its the first time I've ever completed one, so close. I definitely had my chances in this one, if I could have avoided a couple of those sacks it might have been a bit more interesting.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #55
Galaxy
Coordinator

What was the score?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:44 PM   #56
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
What was the score?

Clemson won 31-14. It was 17-7 at the half, I got a TD to make it 17-14, but just couldn't get anything going in the 4th quarter. My second TD was on an option run, but the option just wasn't effective against a team with a lot of speed like Clemson, I think I lost yardage on option runs much more often than I gained any.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #57
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

On a rainy afternoon in South Carolina, Georgia Tech (4-2) came to do battle against the Clemson Tigers (6-0).

The defenses ruled the first quarter, with the teams trading punts until Clemson managed to tuck a 51-yard field goal inside the right upright.

3-0 Clemson after 1.

Georgia Tech started the second quarter with a beautiful drive that ended with a hard fought 5-yard TD run:

7-3, Georgia Tech

It was the first time Clemson had trailed all season, but the offense responded to the challenge with a TD drive of it's own, culminating in a 1 yard TD by James Davis.

10-7 Clemson.

After a GT INT, Clemson got the ball back with a minute remaining. On third and 10, Clemson took to the air:

Georgia Tech got it back for one last heave at the end zone. Could they get a huge momentum boost at the end of the half?

Oooh...caught, but tackled at the 5. So we go into the half with Clemson leading 17-7, but Georgia Tech very much in the ball game.

Third quarter finds Georgia Tech fighting to hang around, and they make things interesting when they have their best option play of the day:

And just like that, we have a three point ballgame. The third quarter would end with the score 17-14, and Coach Radii was surely smelling upset.

Clemson started the 4th quarter driving, and managed to punch in a 1 yard run on 3rd and goal, after GT had made two nice goal line stands. 24-14 Clemson

Now in desperation mode, Georgia Tech took to the air, but came up empty. Clemson then looked to C.J. Spiller to close this game out:

That made the score what it came to rest at, Clemson 31, Georgia Tech 14.

Hats off to Radii for being a tough opponent. I had to work hard for every yard. I expect GT to be in a bowl game this season.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #58
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Well, that was more like it. We whipped up on the Beavers this time around 38-3. Nice showing for the 8 or so recruits attending the ball game. Check out this 72 yard Locker keeper on an option play. Can you pick out the 2 huge glaring AI issues on the play.....haha:

1. Watch the only defender that has a chance at Locker right after he turns the corner. He gets sucked up by my RB blocking from behind
2. Watch their safety, number 33, I believe. About halfway through the play he has an easy shot at Locker, but instead he decides to just run with him. Funny stuff I guess.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:14 PM   #59
Radii
Head Coach

Nice writeup That last TD that put the nail in the coffin was nasty, I was counting on you to run to keep the clock running and didn't have any safeties deep, the second Spiller got behind the LB covering him, it was all over.

Last edited by Radii : 09-15-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #60
Galaxy
Coordinator

As we are about halfway through the season, what are your thoughts on the season so far? What about other RFL contenders and other teams in general? Is the RFL as fun as you had hope? Any suggestions to make the RFL and the experience better?

Hopefully the three remaining players can get their stuff done tonight (EF27, Pumpy-who just needs to recruit, and KWhit).
Old 09-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #61
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Well, that was more like it. We whipped up on the Beavers this time around 38-3. Nice showing for the 8 or so recruits attending the ball game. Check out this 72 yard Locker keeper on an option play. Can you pick out the 2 huge glaring AI issues on the play.....haha:

1. Watch the only defender that has a chance at Locker right after he turns the corner. He gets sucked up by my RB blocking from behind
2. Watch their safety, number 33, I believe. About halfway through the play he has an easy shot at Locker, but instead he decides to just run with him. Funny stuff I guess.

The nice part is that, next week, the game should be much tougher. We can cut down on the AI flaws.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #62
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
As we are about halfway through the season, what are your thoughts on the season so far? What about other RFL contenders and other teams in general? Is the RFL as fun as you had hope? Any suggestions to make the RFL and the experience better?

Hopefully the three remaining players can get their stuff done tonight (EF27, Pumpy-who just needs to recruit, and KWhit).

I'm really having a blast with it. Really fun competing against everyone, although it'd be nice if we could start locking up some commits. We have all sorts of guys who have us listed as 1st, but nobody has committed yet.

Contrary to HA, I think we probably have a slider set that is a bit too easy in terms of making it a level playing field with the cpu teams. Here and in NOFL, we have an awful lot of teams breaking into the Top 25 that probably wouldn't be doing so if they were controlled by the cpu. On the other hand, I don't think it's bad to have human teams be a LITTLE more successful than they would be if they were just controlled by the cpu. Makes improving your team a somewhat easier proposition.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-16-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #63
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I got out of work early today and am doing my stuff right now..

I agree with you Kodos, I think these sliders could be more challenging and if anything are still a bit too easy, but they seem a good compromise for those that want things more challenging and those who don't.

Edit: And we have our first snow game, although it is very light snow with temp being 32 in Pullman, WA.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-16-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #64
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With McKnight out due to injury, Stafon takes advantage early with 3 runs for 21 yards and a TD on our first drive (which started after forcing a 3 and out.) Up 7-0 early.

A few plays later a pick 6 by Omari Crittenden makes it 14-0.

Our next drive is led by Stafon again, but Travon Patterson is the receiver for the TD pass that makes it 21-0 late in the 1st quarter.

After we gave up a FG, we marched down the field ending in a TD pass to Turner. 28-3 midway through the 2nd.

Sanchez ruins a perfect game with an interception pass in the endzone and then throws a 2nd interception on a hail mary at the end of the half. We go into the half up 28-3.

Turner with 3 big catches to set us up inside the 10 in the 2nd half, before Stafon runs it in. 35-3 early in the 3rd.

Early in the 4th, Stafon takes a screen for a 35 yard TD. 42-3. At that point, I decide to pull Sanchez. His stat line: 17 of 21 for 255 yards with 3 TD's 2 INT's.

Stafon with a TD midway through the 4th ends the scoring. 49-3 win.

Stafon had a good day in his 1st start of the year: 27 carries for 108 yards and 3 TD's.

Turner had 5 catches for 110 yards and a TD.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #65
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My recruiting will be done soon... like anyone wants to come to Minnesota anyway.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #66
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I like my first week in so far.

Also, are we supposed to or can we go in and rename our players?
Old 09-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #67
Kodos
Resident Alien

You can if you like. Some people haven't. I did.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:24 PM   #68
Galaxy
Coordinator

Did you send KLWhit a PM?
Old 09-16-2008, 08:59 PM   #69
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yes. Yes I did.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #70
Galaxy
Coordinator

Bigsmooth,

When do you want to play our game? Does late Thursday evening work for you?
Old 09-16-2008, 11:14 PM   #71
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Indeed. Sounds dreamy.

I'm available any time after about 5:30 Pacific.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:21 PM   #72
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Sounds dreamy.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:51 PM   #73
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Whoa...never noticed the uncanny resemblance with Stallone.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #74
Galaxy
Coordinator

I can play around 12:30/1ish Eastern if you want.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #75
Kodos
Resident Alien

Please note: I have bumped the deadline tonight from 11 to 10 so that guys have a shot at playing tonight if they so desire.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #76
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Serious question here. What is the point of a deadline if people are constantly trying to get everyone to play their games early?

Every damn week I get PMs or there are posts made pressuring me to finish my games well before the deadline. If the deadline is Wednesday night, the deadline's Wednesday night, not Tuesday night.

Frankly, this league is much more hassle to me than it has been worth. I am stepping down and you guys can find a replacement immediately.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #77
Kodos
Resident Alien

Alright. So much for trying to work with you on this. If you can't understand why people get frustrated because we have to wait for the same person right up until the deadline every time, then I guess no middle ground will be found. Clearly, most of the league wants things to move along as evidenced by folks getting their stuff done well in advance of the deadline.

I guess you want to play the martyr here. You missed the last deadline entirely and didn't feel bothered enough to even explain why without me approaching you about it. Then you act like I'm giving you a guilt trip when I asked by PM if you had a problem that made you miss the deadline. You get upset when people remind you of the deadline, yet you don't always hit the deadline. You didn't respond when I asked by PM if you might be able to get your stuff done a day early. You could have at least said no, instead of just not responding at all. God forbid you don't wait until the last minute (or just not bother to do it at all). I guess it is too much to ask that once in a while you do something before the very last moment. I know you're going through a tough time, and I really tried to find a solution that might work for everyone, but I guess it's your way or the highway. You managed to make something that is supposed to be fun not fun. Way to be.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-17-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #78
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Serious question here. What is the point of a deadline if people are constantly trying to get everyone to play their games early?

Every damn week I get PMs or there are posts made pressuring me to finish my games well before the deadline. If the deadline is Wednesday night, the deadline's Wednesday night, not Tuesday night.

Frankly, this league is much more hassle to me than it has been worth. I am stepping down and you guys can find a replacement immediately.

Wow...I never had problem with this guy being in the league until that last paragraph. Good riddance.....or, with less tact:

WHAT A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH
Old 09-17-2008, 01:11 PM   #79
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
For me, it's the snap count or rather length of time.

I always look at the the secondary then LB's

Secondary are generally playing man up when they are giving a 3-4 yard cushion, they will inch away from the WR toward the QB if they are going to blitz.

If the FS or SS are going to blitz they are up on the line fast. LB's I let them inch them selves into the LOS if they are going to blitz.

If the S or CB are going to blitz, I set the hot route to hit the open area fast, our audible into a play that will tie up the backers blitzing.

You can tell from the snap count in the game? I know you can tell the coverage if you motion a receiver or back (if it's man-to-man, the assigned man will move with him-cornerback will move with the receiver, or the linebacker will move over to cover the running back line up as a receiver; zone, you won't see any movement by the defense). If it's Cover 2, the safeties will split, leaving that deep center open?

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-17-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #80
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wow...I never had problem with this guy being in the league until that last paragraph. Good riddance.....or, with less tact:

What's up RFUS.

You gunna be at the Niner game this sunday?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #81
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Nice.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #82
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Alright. So much for trying to work with you on this. If you can't understand why people get frustrated because we have to wait for the same person right up until the deadline every time, then I guess no middle ground will be found. Clearly, most of the league wants things to move along as evidenced by folks getting their stuff done well in advance of the deadline.

I guess you want to play the martyr here. You missed the last deadline entirely and didn't feel bothered enough to even explain why without me approaching you about it. Then you act like I'm giving you a guilt trip when I asked by PM if you had a problem that made you miss the deadline. You get upset when people remind you of the deadline, yet you don't always hit the deadline. You didn't respond when I asked by PM if you might be able to get your stuff done a day early. You could have at least said no, instead of just not responding at all. God forbid you don't wait until the last minute (or just not bother to do it at all). I guess it is too much to ask that once in a while you do something before the very last moment. I know you're going through a tough time, and I really tried to find a solution that might work for everyone, but I guess it's your way or the highway. You managed to make something that is supposed to be fun not fun. Way to be.

Not sure why you keep calling me a martyr.

My understanding of deadline differs from yours I guess.

Just so everyone understands, I got pissed off today when Kodos approached me letting me know he was going to create a "KWhit rule" as he called it. This rule would mean that if I was the last person to get my game/recruiting in, he would go ahead and advance the week early without me finishing.

That seemed ludicrous to me. Especially the fact that it singled me out. If you have a deadline, give people until the deadline to finish. If you want things to go at a faster pace, then set your deadlines earlier.

Basically I was being punished for waiting until the deadline to play games. I did miss one deadline due to personal issues, but I fail to see why that should result in me having to play by a different set of rules than everyone else.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #83
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here is the original PM that I sent to KWhit. I'll let folks decide for themselves what to think. I'm done with this issue. I was trying to find a balance point between KWhit's needs and the league's general desire to move things along. I failed, clearly. To me, it seems like fake football shouldn't be a priority for him right now, and maybe he should have decided that of his own accord. I tried to find a way that he could stay on board while not constantly holding up the league. I guess that makes me a mean person. Also, keep in mind I sent this after he had already missed an export once. I only got an explanation about that after asking for one. I doubt it would have been forthcoming had I not asked.

Quote:
Hey KWhit,

I think I've come up with a solution that strikes a happy medium between the league's interests and yours. You seem to consistently wait until the day of the deadline to play your games, so I'm thinking of creating a special rule in the interest of keeping the rest of the league happy while not running you off. I think I'll call it the "KWhit rule". Basically, if the rest of the league is ready to advance and your team is not, I am going to go ahead and advance to the next week. As a lifelong procrastinator, I understand your tendency to wait until the last minute, but I think most of the league prefers a faster pace. Since it almost always ends up that you are the last person to finish, I just think that moving ahead when it's only you left is fair to everyone. I figure that if you want to avoid the cpu running things for you, you have some motivation to get your stuff done well ahead of the deadline. Motivation is always good for a procrastinator, as I know from personal experience.

I hope you see that I'm not doing this to be mean or to single you out. It's basically my way to balance your needs with the needs of the league. I think it aggravates people when they see we are waiting on the same person week after week. Honestly, it aggravates me too, to some degree. I know you're going through some tough times right now, and fake football isn't high on the priorities list. This compromise allows you to stick around while not holding up the rest of the league.

Let me know what you think. I plan to implement this rule after tonight's deadline (10 pm EST).

- Kodos

Last edited by Kodos : 09-17-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:01 PM   #84
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

That all looks pretty reasonable to me. If KWhit really is going through a tough time then my though is let him bow out, no hard feelings, and in the future when life easier and fake football can be a little higher on the priority list, the door would be open to picking up on a new team.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #85
Galaxy
Coordinator

It sucks that I scheduled all of these tough teams, who have a lot more talent then us, because they were human-controlled teams. Now I have to play them against the computer.

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-17-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #86
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Once I beat PSU, then we'll see, won't we?

Hey Michigan--You're still down there!