Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Week 8 Has Started! Next Deadline is Friday 9/19/08 at 10:00 PM

Week 8 has now started. Next deadline is Friday night.

Two big Human vs Human games this week:

My 4-1 Washington team will face Bhlloy's Oregon State team which is 2-4.

WVUFan gets thrown right into his first human vs human game as his 3-3 Arkansas team will face KingNeb's 6-0 Kentucky team.

Other big games this week:

Stanford faces #10 UCLA who is 6-0 (but I'm sure they are pretenders.)

Kodos' BC team faces #17 Virginia Tech who are 5-1.

SirFozzie's Texas A&M Team faces #3 Texas Tech who is 6-0.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 09-16-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bhlloy, I can play almost any day this week in the evening time, just let me know which day you can definitely play and I'll make arrangements to have the evening time free.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

Judging by how I've fared with BC so far, VT is going to be a bloodbath.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

We had one good play. The rest was... just... I somehow resisted the urge to throw my cotnroller, but it was close
Old 09-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

WVUFan, when do you want to play? Evenings are usually good for me. Today's out of the question I think. Let me know what nights are good for you. I was thinking maybe Wed./Thu. night? Like 7 PM EST or later those nights? Let me know.

BTW, if you wanted to wait 1 week to join the league, nobody (especially me) would think any less of you
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:03 PM   #6
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Bhlloy, I can play almost any day this week in the evening time, just let me know which day you can definitely play and I'll make arrangements to have the evening time free.

Going to be tough, you are on the east coast correct? How about this evening?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm actually central time. I can play now if you want. This Pittsburgh-Cleveland game hasn't been too exciting.

Just let me know if you want to play in this thread, not going to get on otherwise.

Edit: Wife just put the nix on tonight, but any other night with a bit of notice I can put aside some time. Lots of time Friday evening.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-14-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
bhlloy
Coordinator

Friday evening is probably the best for me, but can also do Wednesday night after 8:30 PST. Let me know.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #9
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I just got humiliated at home by UNC...41-21 was the final. The worst play: I attempt a hail mary at the end of the first half, and UNC picks it off and returns for a TD. Ugh.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:24 AM   #10
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
WVUFan, when do you want to play? Evenings are usually good for me. Today's out of the question I think. Let me know what nights are good for you. I was thinking maybe Wed./Thu. night? Like 7 PM EST or later those nights? Let me know.

BTW, if you wanted to wait 1 week to join the league, nobody (especially me) would think any less of you

Heh.

I work from 5:30 pm to 2 in the morning every day but Fridays and Tuesdays. Are you available on late nights/early mornings?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:42 AM   #11
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Go WVUFan! Beat the last undefeated human player!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Friday evening is probably the best for me, but can also do Wednesday night after 8:30 PST. Let me know.

Friday evening is best for me between those choices. 10:30 is a bit too late for me to start a game on Weds night as Thursday is my long day at work. Friday I get home from work at 5:00 central and will be available the entire evening.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:28 AM   #13
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Kingneb has a tough schedule in the next few weeks. After playing WVUFAN this week, he plays AT a VERY good Florida team, then two weeks later Georgia comes into town...then two weeks after that in the last game of the season he plays AT Tennessee. If he can pull off a win in all three of those games, it's very likely we could see someone playing for the National Championship in our very first year. If not, well at least he had a good run starting out and might have scored some points with recruits.

Also, keep in mind I'm still undefeated in games I've actually played

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 09-15-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #14
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Dola

The Stanford Cardinal travelled down to Los Angeles looking to knock off the undefeated #10 UCLA Bruins today. Some say the Bruins are overrated, but you don't get to 6-0 without doing something right. Could the Cardinal hand them their first loss, or would UCLA continue to roll over the Pac-10...

QB Andrew luck and HB Anthony Kimble started the game out on fire. Despite the roaring crowd and crazy atmosphere, right off the bat Luck marched his team down the field, and less than a minute and a half into the game he fired a perfect TD pass into wideout Derrick Baldwins hands making the score 7-0 Cardinal. The Bruins would take the ensuing kickoff to the 25 and start their drive from there. On the very first play Kahlil Bell broke 4 tackles and sprinted 75 yards to paydirt...UCLA was not going to let some NorCal fancy pants team come into their house and push them around. On the next drive Luck answered with another fast strike TD, finding his slot man streaking down the field wide open en route to a 40 yard TD pass. UCLA would go 3 and out on the next drive and Stanford drove down yet again this time on the legs of Anthony Kimble. Luck would have to come out of the game on this drive though, after straining a tricep muscle just before the drive stalled out. Stanford kicked a 39 yard field goal and went up 17-7 just before the end of the First Quarter.

In the second quarter Kahlil Bell again took his team down the field and punched it in from 2 yards out, bringing the bruins back to within 3 points. Stanford answered yet again with a long drive that ended in a 17 yard TD pass to their TE Jim Dray. The Bruins then took the ensuing kickoff back all the way for a TD, however it was called back on a clipping penalty. No matter, 2 plays later the Bruins QB found a wideout streaking down the sideline and places a perfect bomb right into his arms for a 48 yard TD...they were again only down by a field goal. Here's where the game turned around, and Kimble stepped it up big time. Churning out yards left, right, and up the middle, Kimble led the Cardinal on a long drive that resulted in a 1 yard plunge by FB Owen Marecic. On the next drive the Bruins QB would be picked off and Kimble would be given the ball 3 times in a row, the last one being a TD from 10 yards out.

Halftime
Stanford - 38
UCLA - 21

In the second half there would be much less scoring, but Stanford would pull out even more, eventually taking a 55-24 lead. The Bruins would score a pride touchdown with just over a minute left to make the final score 55-31, however the damage was more than done. UCLA had been handed their first loss and it was a big one. Stanford racked up over 500 total yards and turned the ball over zero times compared to 4 of the Bruins.

Players of the Game

QB's Andrew Luck and Tavita Pritchard - 27/36, 356 yds, 4 TD 0 INT
HB Anthony Kimble - 27 att, 147 yds, 2 TD

HB Kahlil Bell - 26 att, 217 yds, 2 TD, 17 BROKEN TACKLES <--this guy was a beast

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 09-15-2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: wilderbeasts!!!
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #15
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Heh.

I work from 5:30 pm to 2 in the morning every day but Fridays and Tuesdays. Are you available on late nights/early mornings?

Yikes. Well, I guess it will have to be tomorrow. I have to open all week so there's no way I could play a game at 2-3 AM. Tuesday night it is then. I will have to see how tomorrow goes at work. The power has been out at my store since Sunday night and if it comes back on then I will probably have to stay a little later.

What's your gamertag? Mine is in my sig. What time tomorrow works best for you? I'll logon to FOFC at some point tonight, though it won't be for several hours. Just post here what works for you and I'll put in a friend request on XBL.

Or you could just play sick til Saturday so I can play the AI in this game

I'll paypal you $5 if you let me play the AI
Old 09-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #16
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Yikes. Well, I guess it will have to be tomorrow. I have to open all week so there's no way I could play a game at 2-3 AM. Tuesday night it is then. I will have to see how tomorrow goes at work. The power has been out at my store since Sunday night and if it comes back on then I will probably have to stay a little later.

What's your gamertag? Mine is in my sig. What time tomorrow works best for you? I'll logon to FOFC at some point tonight, though it won't be for several hours. Just post here what works for you and I'll put in a friend request on XBL.

Or you could just play sick til Saturday so I can play the AI in this game

I'll paypal you $5 if you let me play the AI

My sig is WVUFan1971 -- I'm home tonight early, so if you're up, we can do it tonight.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #17
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hey EF, how about tomorrow night at around 5:30 - 6:00 PST? I should be home from work from then and don't have a soccer game until 9.

I'm just worried that if we leaeve it until friday, something will come up and we won't get the game in. Let me know.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'd rather get it in before the last day too. I can do tomorrow night at 6:00 PST.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:46 PM   #19
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Hey Galaxy...

***This is for next week***

I'm gunna try to get our game scheduled for the weekend because I dunno what youravailability is like on the weekdays, and I'm pacific time. So...assuming we advance in time this week which I'm sure we will, how does your schedule look for Saturday afternoon/night? Sunday is pretty much out for me as I'll be at the 49er game. Let me know man.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #20
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Hey Galaxy...

***This is for next week***

I'm gunna try to get our game scheduled for the weekend because I dunno what youravailability is like on the weekdays, and I'm pacific time. So...assuming we advance in time this week which I'm sure we will, how does your schedule look for Saturday afternoon/night? Sunday is pretty much out for me as I'll be at the 49er game. Let me know man.

I can play rather late . I think Saturday night (I can play later) works.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey EF, how about tomorrow night at around 5:30 - 6:00 PST? I should be home from work from then and don't have a soccer game until 9.

I'm just worried that if we leaeve it until friday, something will come up and we won't get the game in. Let me know.

I'm on and waiting. Just send me a message when you are ready.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #22
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

WVUFan, I logged on tonight and saw you online. I messaged you but the person who replied said that you were gone tonight. I don't know when we're going to get the game in. Deadline is Friday but I work 12 hours on Friday (9 AM-9 PM) and then I go out of town. It will have to be Wednesday/Thursday night. I am available either of those nights after 6 or 7 PM EST. Just drop me a line on here or on XBL. Thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 09:11 PM   #23
Kodos
Resident Alien

Our boys were very game against the #17 Virginia Tech squad. Linebacker Robert Francois set a team record long interception return to put us up 7-0 in the first. A while later, a teammate broke that record with a 90+ yard interception return for a TD. Two bigs plays gave us hope for an upset, despite our offense's total ineffectiveness. But the Hokies' big plays were bigger. Their RB ripped off TD runs of 60+ and 98 yards, despite the fact that we mostly contained him otherwise. We even knocked him out for a few weeks. With 3 minutes left in the 4th, a goalline stand forced them to settle for a 3-point lead. The crowd smelled upset. Backup QB Codi Boeck, who had come in for a totally ineffective Chris Crane (who had thrown multiple picks) in the second half and led us to our only offensive TD, had the chance to be the hero. Into their territory he drove our offense, but then we stalled with 4th and 8. From the shotgun, Boeck found his man, but he was tackled a couple yards short of the markers. Game. Set. Match. Upset bid.... failed. Final, VT 24, BC 21.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-17-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bhlloy just lost his connection according to the message I got. I'm up 24-17 after having just scored a TD midway through the 4th. It is up to you, Bhlloy, I can replay it Friday night anytime between 5:00 and 10:00 Central or I can finish up against the CPU.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #25
bhlloy
Coordinator

Finish against the CPU. It's unfair to start the game again after you just went up. If you for some reason start to lose, then I'll be ok with starting again on Friday night.

Seriously pissed... I have no idea what just happened. I figured that my internet went down, but it looks fine. Great game as well
Old 09-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It was an awesome game, although Locker pissed me off with 2 of those throws. The other one was just a stupid decision on my part. Ok, I'm going to finish it out then.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Computer just got a huge run for you with the HB I'm not going to replay it either way.. if I lose, I lose.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Computer just tied it up with 2:23 to go. Nice throw across the middle for a 9 yard TD.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-16-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Locker with a methodical drive to end the game, including a 21 yard QB option keeper and a 4 yard TD scramble with just under 10 seconds left in the game. He also had a 17 yard pass to Vince Taylor with 32 seconds left to get us inside the 20. We won 31-24. As far as the disconnect, that is the first one I've had by either player in a few weeks since I last played Wade.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-16-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #30
bhlloy
Coordinator

Wasn't a good night all round. That big pause I had was my controller dying and I had to run around the house pulling batteries out of random things.

Kind of sucks that you can't reconnect, that might prove to be a problem. My internet is notoriously unreliable but a modem reboot usually solves it. I figured I would just be able to reconnect to a game once I had been kicked out
Old 09-16-2008, 09:35 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That does suck

I figured the pause was something like that, which is why I didn't unpause it. It eventually gives you a time limit, but I didn't want to unpause it until that limit came up because I figured you had a good reason for pausing it.

There is no reconnecting ever once you are kicked out. My router was unreliable as well, so I actually invested in powerline adapters mainly because of this league and the RFL (although it is nice to not have my 360 getting kicked off other games as well.)

Also, I'm hoping all humans can always get there games in against each other, but I'm interested in hearing feedback on what should be done if someone can't get a game in due to odd schedules.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-16-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #32
bhlloy
Coordinator

Cool. I'm glad the final score margin was the same as when I got kicked out.

I don't know what to do in these kind of situations where one person can't or won't make it. I guess our options are a) pick whose "fault" it is and the other guy plays against the CPU or b) just sim whenever this situation occurs. Neither is ideal and will lead to someone getting screwed. I guess we should probably all vote.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:00 AM   #33
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Nothing to write home about my game. We bounced back from last week's loss to Mizzou to beat Baylor 55-9. It was Baylor.

That being said, it was probably the last cupcake I have on the schedule. I have Texas A&M, Texas, and Oklahoma left to play as well as CU and Iowa State.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #34
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

WVUFan, I sent you a PM regarding our game. Time is running out so we need to play it tonight or tomorrow night. Let me know ASAP. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:57 AM   #35
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I think our fans should've rushed the field on this one. We bent all over the place pass defense wise, but in the 2nd half when we started blitzing, their QB threw several 2nd half picks, one of which was taken back 106 yards for a clinching TD, and #22 Texas A&M wins big over #3 Texas Tech 45-24.

(BTW, Raiders? You probably have Texas Tech left, didn't you already whoop up on my poor Aggies? )
Old 09-18-2008, 06:55 AM   #36
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ugh. Yeah, I have Texas Tech left.

On a side note, when I lost last week, maybe I should've put in my backup QB since my starter threw a bunch of picks and fumbled. Remember a few years ago they had confidence in the game? I tend to think that coding is still there. It sounds as if you rattled the QB in the 2nd half.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #37
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
WVUFan, I sent you a PM regarding our game. Time is running out so we need to play it tonight or tomorrow night. Let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Responded to your PM.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #38
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't know what to do in these kind of situations where one person can't or won't make it. I guess our options are a) pick whose "fault" it is and the other guy plays against the CPU or b) just sim whenever this situation occurs. Neither is ideal and will lead to someone getting screwed. I guess we should probably all vote.

I'm in that situation now and EF27 has a decision to make tonight. Hopefully it all works out...
Old 09-18-2008, 06:47 PM   #39
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
I'm in that situation now and EF27 has a decision to make tonight. Hopefully it all works out...

I'm around if you want to play tonight.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I really hope you 2 can get the game in tonight, as Kingneb has indicated to me that he is available to play tonight. I don't want to have to make any decision
Old 09-18-2008, 07:06 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Kingneb indicated he could play in the next few hours, so hopefully he'll see this thread soon. I'm sending him a PM to let him know that WVUFan is available this evening, as well.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #42
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Play tonight!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #43
BigDPW
College Prospect

Tough loss his week to FSU. We hung in there and were up 7-6 going into the 4th quarter when they scored 20-some unanswered points by breaking some big plays and I turned it over for the 1st time in the game in the 4th quarter.

I enjoyed the game alot though until it go out of hand late.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #44
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Okay, just got back from dinner. WVUFan, just drop me a message on Live when you want to play. I have a friend over so I'd rather wait until 9:30 PM or 10:00 PM EST or so. But if you have to play sooner than that's what we'll do. I won't log off of Live until at least 11 PM EST.

I'll be on there as of right now, so hope to see you soon
Old 09-18-2008, 08:20 PM   #45
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Ugh. Yeah, I have Texas Tech left.

On a side note, when I lost last week, maybe I should've put in my backup QB since my starter threw a bunch of picks and fumbled. Remember a few years ago they had confidence in the game? I tend to think that coding is still there. It sounds as if you rattled the QB in the 2nd half.

Yeah. Now that I think of it, that's what the "Quiz the QB" game after you throw an intercept is about.. if you recognize the play, your QB doesn't lose any (or as much) composure.

It didn't help them that I was having 7 or 8 man coverage schemes (dropping a DL to clog up areas that were being heavily used). They had to throw more looping passes to get the ball past intervening players.. if it's not a laser, the INT rate goes WAY up.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #46
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Hooray! WVUFan and I should be playing our game at 10 PM EST (aka 5 minutes from now). I'm using up all my exciting phrases and exclamation points now, as it will be nothing but sad faces and question marks after the game.

Go Wildcats!??...
Old 09-18-2008, 09:26 PM   #47
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hooray! WVUFan and I should be playing our game at 10 PM EST (aka 5 minutes from now). I'm using up all my exciting phrases and exclamation points now, as it will be nothing but sad faces and question marks after the game.

Go Wildcats!??...

Very glad to hear it
Old 09-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #48
WVUFAN
College Starter

Good game, King. My qb (aka me) really choked there in the 2nd half. 5 picks in the second half. God, I suck.

But great game, and I'm glad we got it in.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 PM   #49
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Good game man. That was insane. It's been over for more than 40 minutes and my heart is still pounding. Games have a lot more pressure when an undefeated season is on the line.

He made some huge passing plays and was rocking it on 3rd down (6 of 7 in the first half) and lead 21-10. I kicked a FG as time expired in the first half to make it 21-13. I couldn't stop his offense at all.

2nd half my offense played much better and, more importantly, my defense forced FIVE interceptions. Some of them were legit and the pick-six by my LB that sealed it was just a bad throw by the AI. Threw the ball behind his receiver and my guy grabbed it. Nothing he could do about it. The plays that I got INT's on in the second half were actually huge passing plays for him in the first half. I went for some picks and he took advantage and got some absolutely monster passing plays. He had 2 HUGE third down conversions on 3rd & a mile to keep drives going (both of which ended in scores). In the 2nd half he only got 3 points even though he made it inside the 20 on that drive. My impact CB got 3 of the 5 INT's. He truly made the difference in the 2nd half.

Final score was Kentucky 40, Alabama 24 though it was much closer than that. It was 26-24 until I scored a TD with around 4 minutes to go and then the pick-six late to seal the game.

At the start of the 2nd half I scored a TD to pull within 21-19. I went for two and my QB missed the endzone by inches. I thought he was in but he didn't quite make it. That would have tied the game and I thought I was screwed. Thankfully my D really stepped up.

After a heart-stopping win I now get the pleasure of going to Florida. Gulp. I'll be less nervous about this game (even though my odds of beating Florida are very slim). Playing against a human is way tougher than playing the AI. Humans do unexpected things that the AI rarely do. I can't imagine doing a dynasty where 8-10 games per year are against humans. That would be truly brutal and it would be a miracle if any player in that dynasty went undefeated.

Sorry about the ramble. I seriously didn't think I would win tonight's game. It's definitely a pleasant surprise. Not looking forward to next year's return visit to what I'm sure will be an improved Arkansas team

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 09-18-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #50
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Galaxy

Aparently this Saturday is going to be date night for the new wife and I. I get to take her out to dinner and such.

How does Sunday thru Wednesday (advance day) look for you? I'm home pretty much all day Monday just fyi.