Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Official 2010 NFL Draft thread-

Draft is in like 4 hours, and there's no thread yet?

I hate the 3 day split up that they've done here. Tebow claims he's going in the top 15, should be interesting.

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

no thread yet cuz the draft hasn't started yet.

way to go assmunch
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Originally, I didn't like the idea of the 3 day split, now I've actually warmed up to it and think it will be good.

I love the draft and splitting it up, lets you savor the whole experience a bit more. After Day 1 there will be all sorts of rumors and 2nd/3rd round mocks. After Day 2, you will have even more analysis and speculation for Day 3. I really like it in theory.

I will also probably find it easier to watch. Blocking that entire Saturday was always a bit tricky for me, since it's typically one of the first good (weatherwise) weekends of the year.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

The NFL ruined my tradition of cooking all day Saturday morning... I had to use a crock pot this year to cook my red beans and rice, and my boss prolly hates the way the draft is now set up, my work productivity will suck today, and tomorrow....
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Also I think the top 4 will go like this...
1) Bradford
2) Suh
3) McCoy
4) Berry

I hope the Saints get LB Hughes from TCU.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
no thread yet cuz the draft hasn't started yet.

way to go assmunch

Go scream at a 4 year old about it.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #7
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Originally, I didn't like the idea of the 3 day split, now I've actually warmed up to it and think it will be good.

I love the draft and splitting it up, lets you savor the whole experience a bit more. After Day 1 there will be all sorts of rumors and 2nd/3rd round mocks. After Day 2, you will have even more analysis and speculation for Day 3. I really like it in theory.

I will also probably find it easier to watch. Blocking that entire Saturday was always a bit tricky for me, since it's typically one of the first good (weatherwise) weekends of the year.

I couldn't disagree more. Now you have to block of three days instead of one. I don't even see the point of making an effort to see the first round (I don't have cable) because it's a lot of effort for only the first round.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #8
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

i'm pretty sure it's live on nfl.com
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #9
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
I couldn't disagree more. Now you have to block of three days instead of one. I don't even see the point of making an effort to see the first round (I don't have cable) because it's a lot of effort for only the first round.

It's much easier for me to block out a Thursday and Friday night than it is to block out an entire day (and into the night) Saturday.

Given that the draft on Saturday starts at 10:00 am and that I typically only really keep on eye on rounds 4-7 in any event, my Saturday will really be pretty free (like my prior draft weekend Sundays were), save occassional trips to the computer or TV to keep up with things.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 04-22-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:

That's all most people watch.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I don't have live TV anymore, so whatever.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

i like this better. we usually have party but last year it was so nice out that we decided to go golfing midway through the second.

it's a novelty anyway. how much of your leisure time do you wanna spend hearing about offensive tackles footwork? better on a weeknight.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #13
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Tebow claims he's going in the top 15, should be interesting.

He said that?

He won't go top 15, I think he's going to go end of the first round, and it will be somebody trading back in, or the Vikings.

I think the big shocker tonight will be Colt McCoy going ahead of Jimmy Clausen.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #14
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
i'm pretty sure it's live on nfl.com

It does not appear that way. Unless they have buried it on the site, it's only on NFL Network and ESPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
It's much easier for me to block out a Thursday and Friday night than it is to block out an entire day (and into the night) Saturday.

Given that the draft on Saturday starts at 10:00 am and that I typically only really keep on eye on rounds 4-7 in any event, my Saturday will really be pretty free (like my prior draft weekend Sundays were), save occassional trips to the computer or TV to keep up with things.

I can see that, but 4-7 were always on a different day anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
That's all most people watch.

I generally watched the first round and at least 25-50% of the second. Now, if I were to watch it, it would only be the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
I don't have live TV anymore, so whatever.

this.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #15
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
It does not appear that way. Unless they have buried it on the site, it's only on NFL Network and ESPN.

yeah it is. upper right hand corner of the homepage.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #16
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I can see that, but 4-7 were always on a different day anyway.

I know. I said that. Which is why I made the comparison between blocking out Thursday and Friday night versus all day Saturday, hence ignoring both rounds 4-7 days.

You're also ignoring the "savoring" aspect of it.

Quote:

That's surprising. I watched it on NFL.com 2 years ago.

Quote:
I generally watched the first round and at least 25-50% of the second. Now, if I were to watch it, it would only be the first.

this.

Well, then, to be honest, you're really not the target audience for the draft. No TV and no interest beyond Round 1.25 or 1.5.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #17
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:

My bad.

And I didn't quote it, but as far as "savoring" I just missed that in my skimming -- I like the scheming part. And I think the big pause takes away some of the drama of trading picks. I mean, perhaps there will actually be MORE trading because of the extra time, but I don't think there will be that rushed "war room" feel that it has had in the past.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #18
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

and this is really just me being me (a pain in the ass that likes to argue). I rarely watch the draft anyway. But when I do, I like to get it all done in one sitting (whatever amount I'm going to watch).

Old 04-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

It is a good option to record and zip through commercials and some of the bonus crap. I'll watch Survivor first, then hit the draft coverage.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #20
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Am I wrong to hope the Lions draft Suh & still trade for Haynesworth? My hope there is that Haynesworth wouldn't want to be showed up by a rookie & would be motivated...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #21
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I'm not a big fan of the 3 day draft either. As a broader sports fan rather than strictly a football fan, my attention will be divided three ways tonight between the hockey and basketball playoffs and the NFL draft. When the draft was a Saturday morning/afternoon event, it was easier to give it more concentrated attention. Now, I'll be flipping back and forth.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:13 PM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

I wouldn't want Haynesworth on my team in any scenario. I hate having to root for asshats.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #23
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
He said that?

He won't go top 15, I think he's going to go end of the first round, and it will be somebody trading back in, or the Vikings.

I think the big shocker tonight will be Colt McCoy going ahead of Jimmy Clausen.

I think his dad did. I meant team Tebow.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #24
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
I'm not a big fan of the 3 day draft either. As a broader sports fan rather than strictly a football fan, my attention will be divided three ways tonight between the hockey and basketball playoffs and the NFL draft. When the draft was a Saturday morning/afternoon event, it was easier to give it more concentrated attention. Now, I'll be flipping back and forth.

I have this concern too. Though, I have a solution. Tonight, I will watch the draft and watch the various NHL playoff games (mainly Chicago/Nashville) tonight on my laptop via my Slingbox (i.e., Screen B).

Tomorrow night, the second round starts at 6:00 pm and the Wings aren't on until 10:00 pm, so there will only be minimal conflict with the draft being regulated to laptop (Screen B) at 10:00 pm.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #25
rjolley
College Starter

I wonder if the Bears staff even showed up today since they don't have their first pick until around 9pm tomorrow.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #26
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I hate the 3 day split up that they've done here. Tebow claims he's going in the top 15, should be interesting.

I also hate this setup, and please let Tebow go top 15 so there's no chance of him ending up with the Vikings...
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #27
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:

i think nfl.com/live will get you the streaming page
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #28
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
i think nfl.com/live will get you the steaming pile

Fixed.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #29
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I'm sad the panthers don't have a pick tonite, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they traded in to the first. I'm saying 65% chance they do.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #30
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
So, Holmgren is thinking of pulling a Ditka and trading all of his picks to the Rams, so he can get Bradford.

Browns will offer most of their picks for Bradford | ProFootballTalk.com
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #31
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Someone call me if Sammy Tranks out of Seton Hill gets drafted.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #32
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
So, Holmgren is thinking of pulling a Ditka and trading all of his picks to the Rams, so he can get Bradford.

The Rams would be rock dumb not to take that. They need a QB, but they need a lot more than that, and this a deep draft. There are servicable QB's available, and Bradford is far from a sure thing.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #33
PraetorianX
High School JV

I just have this feeling that I'm going to spend all night watching this draft and Bill Polian is going to trade out of the first round.

Of course, I'd watch the first round even if the Colts didn't have a pick so it doesn't really matter.

I'll be interested to see where the Colts go in the first round this year though. People keep saying O-Line but, eh, the Colts rarely pick an O-linemen before round 4. The times they do they tend to not turn out to well. Ugoh hasn't looked great, I think they've taken some guards in the third round that never made it though I can't remember their names.

Polian always seems to pull off a surprise, so I'll see. With all the changes in the coaching staff the last two years, it'll be interesting.

Perhaps we could draft some kid to use as spare parts for Bob Sanders? The guy is great, but he's missed 50% of the regular season games since he was drafted. I honestly wouldn't be too fussed if we traded him to be honest.
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #34
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The Rams would be rock dumb not to take that. They need a QB, but they need a lot more than that, and this a deep draft. There are servicable QB's available, and Bradford is far from a sure thing.

Agreed- they have so many holes to fill, have to take that offer if it is really there.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #35
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

Smoking gun.... I don't think Holmgren is that stupid to give up the farm as in draft picks for ONE player.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #36
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

im terrified the Vikes are going to take tebow at 1.30.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #37
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
im terrified the Vikes are going to take tebow at 1.30.

Report: Vikings won't take QB at No. 30 | ProFootballTalk.com
Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #38
Izulde
Head Coach

I downloaded the Akami thing but nothing's showing up.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #39
Rizon
Pro Starter

What time does this thing start?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #40
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

6:30 CT i think
Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #41
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post

Did PFT not do a mock draft this year or what?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #42
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post

Not shown: Second Headline...

Because They're Trading Up To Take Tebow in the Top 15

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #43
Rizon
Pro Starter

Looked at the QBs ... wow ... I'm going to declare this the Massive QB Draft Bust. I wouldn't pick any of them.

Top Draft 2010 Prospects -- (Updated 4/22/2010 12:29:35 PM)
OVR Pos. Rank Player Pos. School Ht. Wt. Proj. Rd. Stock 40 Time Bench Reps Vert. Jump Twenty Yard Ten Yard Broad Jump Shuttle Cone
2 1 Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma 6-4 236 1 same 4.79 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
12 2 Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame 6-3 222 1 same 4.76 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
36 3 Tim Tebow QB Florida 6-3 236 1-2 up 4.71 -- 38 1/2 2.66 1.55 09'07" 4.17 6.66
40 4 Colt McCoy QB Texas 6-1 216 1-2 up 4.79 -- -- 2.73 1.64 09'06" -- --
69 5 Tony Pike QB Cincinnati 6-6 223 2-3 same 4.90 -- 28 1/2 2.81 1.69 09'00" 4.53 7.06
100 6 Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan 6-3 230 3-4 down 4.60 -- 29 1/2 2.70 1.55 09'02" 4.22 6.93
118 7 Jonathan Crompton QB Tennessee 6-3 222 3-4 same 4.85 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
129 8 John Skelton QB Fordham 6-6 243 4 same 4.85 -- 33 1/2 2.77 1.61 09'00" 4.33 7.17
151 9 Levi Brown QB Troy 6-4 229 4-5 up 4.93 20 31 1/2 2.84 1.70 08'10" 4.43 7.07
166 10 Jarrett Brown QB West Virginia 6-3 224 5 same 4.50 -- 34 1/2 2.56 1.55 09'06" 4.39 7.24
196 11 Mike Kafka QB Northwestern 6-3 225 6 up 4.93 -- 32 2.86 1.72 09'02" 4.37 6.96
221 12 Zac Robinson QB Oklahoma State 6-3 214 6-7 same 4.68 -- 35 2.66 1.63 09'02" 4.40 7.24
245 13 Matt Nichols QB Eastern Washington 6-2 219 7 up 4.89 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
281 14 Jevan Snead QB Mississippi 6-3 219 7-FA down 5.04 -- 33 2.89 1.68 08'10" 4.33 7.08
285 15 Tim Hiller QB Western Michigan 6-4 229 7-FA same 4.97 18 32 1/2 2.78 1.65 09'10" 4.54 7.10
321 16 Sean Canfield QB Oregon State 6-4 223 7-FA same 4.93 -- 29 1/2 2.81 1.70 08'04" 4.39 7.26
325 17 Joey Elliott QB Purdue 6-3 215 7-FA up 4.72 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #44
Izulde
Head Coach

BTW are we having an IRC channel this year?

Old 04-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #45
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I swear if the Browns trade their damn whole draft to the Rams for the #1 overall I will stop rooting for this team.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #46
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
I swear if the Browns trade their damn whole draft to the Rams for the #1 overall I will stop rooting for this team.

Really? This is the line? After everything the Browns have been through the past 10 years this is what would make you stop rooting for the Brownies?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #47
Rizon
Pro Starter

The commercials aren't loud enough on cbssports.
Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #48
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

So what are the chances of the Lions taking a receiver?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #49
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

If they keep showing the players talking on the phone isn't that an indicator of them getting picked. Let us be surprised by the pick. Do a 3-way camera of the guys who might be picked and go from there.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #50
Izulde
Head Coach

They did this crap last year too.