Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2021, 12:03 PM   #251
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Surprised it doesn't happen more to be honest. As a follower of European soccer you are probably well aware that opposing fans still need to have their own sections and a line of stewards in between them. This includes England. In 2021.

That it happened is not surprising. That is happened in a sparsely crowded stadium in Denver, he was able to walk that far without someone of authority getting in the way and the aftermath being no charges were filed all surprise me.

If this were a packed stadium, they were close to each other, and no one of authority could see the punch, I get it. If it were a packed stadium and an entire section started fighting and he came from that far and punch the guy, I get it. If everything was the same and he got arrested for it. All that makes sense.

The absence of charges being filed despite the obvious is what is so strange to me.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:23 PM   #252
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, that sure looks like an assault to me.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:31 PM   #253
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I suspect now that this is viral charges will be coming
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:34 PM   #254
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Surprised it doesn't happen more to be honest. As a follower of European soccer you are probably well aware that opposing fans still need to have their own sections and a line of stewards in between them. This includes England. In 2021.

Mi sister in law and brother in law live in England. A couple years ago he took me to a Crystal Palace game. Was really wild to see how they separate the supporters. He even made sure I wasn't wearing the away team colors. Overall the game was an amazing experience.

They used to live near where Arsenal plays, he told me you have to show your ticket to get into the bars on gameday to make sure you are a home team supporter. Crazy stuff.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:08 PM   #255
miami_fan
Coordinator

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:08 AM   #256
RainMaker
General Manager

Philly's Back Baby!
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:19 PM   #257
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Knicks fan spat on Trae Young last night (and got some on 50 Cent it seems), which I'd argue is worse.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2021, 12:51 PM   #258
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Knicks fan spat on Trae Young last night (and got some on 50 Cent it seems), which I'd argue is worse.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I didn't know Marilyn Manson even liked basketball