Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2021, 11:51 AM   #3201
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Texas passed a law today that you don't need ID, background check or a permit to carry a gun.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

God already created the perfect ID check and you can't improve on that.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:57 AM   #3202
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

You couldn't write satire better than the actual republican party right now.

Yeah, but he can draw up a trap play!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 12:42 PM   #3203
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

And they continue to just own themselves daily.

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 12:47 PM   #3204
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I believe this was the exact quote of the threat:

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 01:26 PM   #3205
Kodos
Resident Alien

It was Richard Marx!
Old 05-25-2021, 04:38 PM   #3206
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I see Marjorie Taylor Greene is doubling down on the Holocaust rhetoric, which is odd since most COVID deniers also deny the Holocaust.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:03 PM   #3207
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I get that it’s all tied up in that Evangelical end times worldview.

But it is still so weird to see rabid support for Israel sitting side-by-side with open anti-Semitism in the same party.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 05:19 PM   #3208
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Because once the Jews take care of the Muslims, they'll roll over for the rightful heirs of Israel.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:26 PM   #3209
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

You have to get all of the Jews to Israel so that the end times start and God can convert all of them to Christianity.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:02 PM   #3210
molson
General Manager

I've been trying to tell you guys for almost 20 years here that Richard Marx was undermining our Democracy. And nobody listened. Nobody listened!!
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:51 PM   #3211
Kodos
Resident Alien

We Should've Known Better...
Old 05-25-2021, 09:41 PM   #3212
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I've been trying to tell you guys for almost 20 years here that Richard Marx was undermining our Democracy. And nobody listened. Nobody listened!!

I'm sorry....I honestly thought it was Kenny G who was the real threat.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:07 AM   #3213
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

But it is still so weird to see rabid support for Israel sitting side-by-side with open anti-Semitism in the same party.

I almost posted the same thing yesterday. Talk about walking a tightrope between the party's open and obvious pro-Israel support and the increasing number of party supporters who are anti-Jewish, conspiracy theory (which almost always includes Jews for some reason), and Camp Auschwitz hoodie-wearing Trump supporter scum.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-26-2021, 08:30 AM   #3214
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

I mean MARX is in his name!

and Right Here Waiting is about standing in line waiting for your bread...and Don't mean nothing is about the nigilistic fate of the bourgoisez and the proletariat for the worker's means of production.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:31 AM   #3215
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

you are saying it is odd for evangelical republicans to spout hypocritical word salad?
Old 05-26-2021, 05:48 PM   #3216
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Trump getting caught up in a Spygate bribery scandal has a real “Ratings are down, so the writers are getting gimmicky” feel to it.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:14 AM   #3217
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
It was Richard Marx!

Old 05-27-2021, 10:42 AM   #3218
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Trump getting caught up in a Spygate bribery scandal has a real “Ratings are down, so the writers are getting gimmicky” feel to it.

I am happy to know I am not the only one who has similar thoughts.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:05 AM   #3219
Swaggs
Coordinator

I especially enjoy the fanboying over Brady and complaining to friends about his daughter marrying Kushner instead of him.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:00 PM   #3220
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/s...010743814?s=19

While Trump being so high up is annoying, I find Hawley's number to be hilarious. Even Liz Cheney got 1% lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2021, 12:34 PM   #3221
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

While Trump being so high up is annoying, I find Hawley's number to be hilarious. Even Liz Cheney got 1% lol

So about 70% for obvious autocracy when you include Desantis, Trump and Trump Jr.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 12:38 PM   #3222
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

I suspect DeSantis will begin to climb. I think he is the guy the GOP machine want to go to war with. With a few exceptions these GOP lawmakers understand 100% Trump is a dead end, but not kissing the ring means they will get primaried. Following 2022 I think we see a gradual shift from Trump over to Desantis, especially with Trumps age and legal troubles.
Old 05-28-2021, 03:13 PM   #3223
whomario
Pro Starter

Meanwhile in Arizona, a company called "Cyber Ninjas" (you could not make up a more fittingly crazy name) is now in charge of the everlasting search for the holy grail, um i mean "proof of large scale voter fraud":

Quote:
Auditors have reportedly scanned ballots with UV lights to look for secret watermarks that conspiracy theorists believe then-President Donald Trump’s Department of Homeland Security placed on legitimate ballots to differentiate them from fraudulent ones; they’ve also inspected ballots for traces of bamboo to determine if they were imported from Asia. The process was supposed to be completed by May 14, but workers were unable to finish the count in time, so the state Senate has extended its lease at the arena through the end of June.

What’s Happening In Arizona Is Not Really An Audit Or A Recount. It’s A Partisan Inquisition. | FiveThirtyEight
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:11 PM   #3224
BYU 14
Coordinator

Welcome to my world in the desert the last two months, that article doesn't even fully capture the shit show this has turned into and even a good portion of republicans in the senate here think it's embarrassing. But yeah ,we have to stroke the deal leaders ego.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:36 PM   #3225
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just let the bolded part sink in for a moment

Quote:
Sen. Tommy Tuberville, a freshman Alabama Republican, told reporters on Friday that he would rather be fishing or golfing than voting on a commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

Tuberville, who's held office for just 4.5 months, suggested that senators selflessly legislate on behalf of future generations and could use a break.

"We're in the fourth quarter of life," he said. "You know who were doing this for? You."

He added, "I'd rather be fishing right now, or golfing."

So we should all praise the fact that he is giving up his precious retirement time to fuck up the world for our kids and grandkids with his total lack of understanding of how Government works and apparent apathy for doing a job he chose to pursue.....But then again, golfing is apparently one of the main job duties per Trumps well thumbed playbook.

Check

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-28-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:04 PM   #3226
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Cyber Ninjas must not be getting the goods, because AZ is already looking at another recount.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:22 PM   #3227
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Cyber Ninjas must not be getting the goods, because AZ is already looking at another recount.

You mean the bamboo fibers aren't being found? Not enough Cheeto stains?

You have a link?
Old 05-28-2021, 05:55 PM   #3228
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...002/?gnt-cfr=1
Old 05-28-2021, 09:15 PM   #3229
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I suspect DeSantis will begin to climb. I think he is the guy the GOP machine want to go to war with. With a few exceptions these GOP lawmakers understand 100% Trump is a dead end, but not kissing the ring means they will get primaried. Following 2022 I think we see a gradual shift from Trump over to Desantis, especially with Trumps age and legal troubles.

I live in Florida now, and I agree with you. DeSantis is Trump lite, without the drama, more charisma and a more polished speaker. He's not someone I will support, but the republican party as we knew it died in 2016. Say what you will about John McCain and Mitt Romney, but these were statesmen who could have a vigorous debate with the opposition and still keep it respectful. We probably won't see anything resembling that again in our lifetime.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 06:09 AM   #3230
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

How does seemingly every single one of those connected to these things have sth in their backstory crazy enough to seriously doubt a "based on a true story" sticker ?

Quote:
In 2010, he ran an unsuccessful campaign for Congress. But he got significant local media attention by staging an 11-day hunger strike to force his opponent into a debate.

He set up a cot in downtown El Cajon, where he lay until his opponent agreed to a single debate, according to reports in the San Diego Union-Tribune.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 05-29-2021 at 06:11 AM.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:28 PM   #3231
Ksyrup

Texas is going all out to make sure the next election goes their way regardless of how the actual votes turn out.

1. Texas Republicans just released the text of its voter suppression bill, SB7

Votes will be held before midnight Sunday

The bill includes a NEW PROVISION that allows judges to OVERTURN AN ELECTION "WITHOUT DETERMINING HOW INDIVIDUAL VOTERS VOTED"

Follow along if interested https://t.co/vfaRQZuqx0
Old 05-29-2021, 09:50 PM   #3232
cuervo72
Head Coach

But somehow, Democrats are still worse for many "independents."
Old 05-31-2021, 01:10 AM   #3233
BYU 14
Coordinator

And the enabling of batshit crazy continues at Q-Fest 21, or whatever the hell these crazies call their convention

Old 05-31-2021, 07:01 PM   #3234
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 05-31-2021, 10:51 PM   #3235
BYU 14
Coordinator

Now that's funny, love the pile on trolling by changing the name of the account after Gaetz RT'd it
Old 06-01-2021, 08:18 AM   #3236
Ksyrup

Perhaps this time law enforcement can attempt to stop illegal things before they happen. I assume "chatter" from the remaining insurrectionists is going to pick up, if it hasn't already. Someone check the hotel registries in DC for August.

Old 06-01-2021, 08:27 AM   #3237
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The DOJ is really in a no win position. If the arrest Flynn and others for clearly breaking the law it will be weaponized as political theater. If they don't we risk another January 6th, but likely worse.
Old 06-01-2021, 03:46 PM   #3238
BYU 14
Coordinator

So keeping in line with Powell and Flynn at the QAnut convention we are now getting this, which will of course is preposterous, enables the wackos in his base to attempt another January 6th stunt. Which will again be ignored and downplayed by republicans, as our democracy continues to erode. Fuck the country, what is the best way to avoid jail, stoke another insurrection.

Despite his predictions, Trump won't simply be reinstated as president
Old 06-01-2021, 04:13 PM   #3239
PilotMan
Head Coach

Not sure if you watched the HBO series on Q Anon, but one of the things that was discussed was certain high level military and intelligence people, and Flynn was their poster child for it, who they felt were co-opting the movement as a way to gain control over a segment of the population. It was the very same type of warfare that had made Flynn famous in the military and with the might of the 'smart' US military people behind it now, they could unleash it on the US populace for political power gains. Basically accused Flynn of doing all this on purpose and 'acting' crazy, saying it was hard to believe that a man who made his career employing these tactics in the military could suddenly be so disconnected from reality.

So as bad as Q shit is, it's way worse when you think that it could now be under control of people like Flynn, Stone, and other prominent intelligence officers for the purpose of political gains.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:20 PM   #3240
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Not sure if you watched the HBO series on Q Anon, but one of the things that was discussed was certain high level military and intelligence people, and Flynn was their poster child for it, who they felt were co-opting the movement as a way to gain control over a segment of the population. It was the very same type of warfare that had made Flynn famous in the military and with the might of the 'smart' US military people behind it now, they could unleash it on the US populace for political power gains. Basically accused Flynn of doing all this on purpose and 'acting' crazy, saying it was hard to believe that a man who made his career employing these tactics in the military could suddenly be so disconnected from reality.

So as bad as Q shit is, it's way worse when you think that it could now be under control of people like Flynn, Stone, and other prominent intelligence officers for the purpose of political gains.

There is some logic in that, because if you think about it, we should have been able to track the source of Q down by now, if we put forth a concerted effort. Especially with the havoc it caused in the 2020 elections.

Still, I am shocked that people are so gullible and get sucked into following the constantly moving goalpost when all these wacky predictions don't come to fruition. Very much like a modern times version of the LSD experiments from the 60's.

What is it called, I'll have to check it out.
Old 06-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #3241
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
There is some logic in that, because if you think about it, we should have been able to track the source of Q down by now, if we put forth a concerted effort. Especially with the havoc it caused in the 2020 elections.

Still, I am shocked that people are so gullible and get sucked into following the constantly moving goalpost when all these wacky predictions don't come to fruition. Very much like a modern times version of the LSD experiments from the 60's.

What is it called, I'll have to check it out.

Q: Into The Storm - Official Website for the HBO Series

It gets pretty far down the rabbit hole of the internet and it seems a bit distracted at times but it really circles everything back and brings it home.

Like Steam?

Old 06-01-2021, 09:55 PM   #3242
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

The scariest part of Trumpism for me is on the community level, I'm starting to see these Q nuts gain traction for mayoral races and most frightening school board races. I've literally known of parents calling local schools to complain because teachers have referred to Joe Biden as the President. Not that they tried to influence student thinking, simply that they stated the man is president.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:52 AM   #3243
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

The problem here is not that i think he's not doing this on purpose (of course he is, for this and other likely less complex reasons as well, like simply getting some fees for light work), but vastly overestimates his ability to controll it and/or pull the emergency break at the right time. And underestimates how diverse that audience actually is. 95% are absolutely there to be swayed/energized politically, but there's 5% where nobody can predict what the fuck they are really looking for, only that it's not winning elections. And those numbers change, when a 'respectable' figure gives credence to those aspects, however "wink wink, we just trolling the libs right ?" he tries to mitigate it by toeing around, like, say, not saying "we need to stage a coup" but saying "no reason not to have that here (if we ever need it)".

He thinks he's toeing a line without realizing where these people he wants to humour place the lines very differently and practically live in the subtext (this is what many the world over just don't get when it comes to modern extremist movements).

He propably thinks he's just doing the approachable man of the (these) people routine, let them think he/they take them seriously and mobilize them to donate and vote, because they think if he "gets them", the people he endorses will represent them. Then he turns around blasting "the Mainstream Media" for not getting that, implying they (and us) don't get it and what happens then is his original audience (live and otherwise) doesn't hear "oh, so he does not think Coups are cool ?" but "see, these stupid lemmings don't care about the point we are making, the fears we are having etc etc. But olde Michael gets it !".

And as IlliniCub says: On the local level, these ramifications are a lot more direct even if it's 'only' political influence.

Last edited by whomario : 06-02-2021 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:02 PM   #3244
PilotMan
Head Coach

29 days in, trump has shut his stupid ass blog down and acted like it was all part of a much larger plan. Very big brain moves going on.. the biggest.

Like Steam?

Old 06-02-2021, 01:40 PM   #3245
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Yeah, I feel like there is a growing disconnect between the GOP's fealty to the idea of Trumpism and the actual person Donald Trump. Not even the Republicans seem all that interested in Donald Trump the person these days, though they remain just as dedicated to hucking the suggestion of Trumpism and his shared victimhood. That can only get more absurd with time.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:52 PM   #3246
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Not sure where this belongs but this thread is a good catch all. This stuff about the Fauci emails is going to be so entertaining. It will be amazing to watch the Fox news talking heads glean every possible, remotely questionable phrase out of them and take it as far out of context as possible. The man is far from stupid and would never put anything in an email that could be used against him, yet Fox News et al. are going to try their best
Old 06-02-2021, 01:57 PM   #3247
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I saw the headline of "FAUCI EMAILS LEAKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then I read and saw that it was his public emails which were uncontroversially and routinely obtained via a FOIA request.

That's not a leak.

Those are going to be the most boring and anodyne emails in history.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:57 PM   #3248
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Yeah, I feel like there is a growing disconnect between the GOP's fealty to the idea of Trumpism and the actual person Donald Trump. Not even the Republicans seem all that interested in Donald Trump the person these days, though they remain just as dedicated to hucking the suggestion of Trumpism and his shared victimhood. That can only get more absurd with time.

They are caught in a brutal cycle. Need to bend the knee to win the primary, then a lot of them will get killed in the election. They still have history on their side with regards to winning back the house, but I think we have to throw trends out the window when it comes to this. Peoples eyes are too open. I really hope I am right.
Old 06-02-2021, 02:07 PM   #3249
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I saw the headline of "FAUCI EMAILS LEAKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then I read and saw that it was his public emails which were uncontroversially and routinely obtained via a FOIA request.

That's not a leak.

Those are going to be the most boring and anodyne emails in history.

Already starting to see it. Someone talking head found an email from Feb 2020 saying we don't need masks. It's almost as if the basis of science is a hypothesis, then as information changes confirming or adjusting that thought. They love to hammer home the Fauci was against masks thing completely ignoring how much information we have now opposed to then.
Old 06-02-2021, 02:20 PM   #3250
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

You also know that Fauci is one of those guys who's just straight as an arrow. One of those dudes who probably uses his phone instead of his work computer to look up stuff like restaurant menus because "he does not want to misuse government resources."

I would not want to be the FoxNews intern having to sift through these emails looking for dirt.