Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-27-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL 2011, Week 3 - Deadline 5/30 (Saturday) at midnight EST

Last edited by Kodos : 06-13-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
Kodos
Resident Alien

DeTox - Not sure what my schedule later this week looks like? What are good times for you?
Old 05-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
DeTox - Not sure what my schedule later this week looks like? What are good times for you?

Just let me know, I'm pretty open any time after 8 (except tomorrow with the Wings, but I can play after).
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Anytime Saturday is best for me kcchief, but I can also play Friday evening if necessary.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #5
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Matcha Green Tea Smoothie,

How is your schedule looking? Here's mine (all times pacific)...

Today - after 5:15pm
Thursday - same
Friday - same
Saturday - all the live long day
Old 05-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Anytime Saturday is best for me kcchief, but I can also play Friday evening if necessary.
11a-2p Saturday is rough for me but otherwise anytime Friday night or Saturday should work. If you want to pick a time that works for you, I'll be there.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wide open on Saturday. How about 4PM central Saturday? If that isn't good, just name a time on Saturday.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Matcha Green Tea Smoothie,

How is your schedule looking? Here's mine (all times pacific)...

Today - after 5:15pm
Thursday - same
Friday - same
Saturday - all the live long day

Hey, I could get it in tonight. What about 9 or 10 pacific?
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Wide open on Saturday. How about 4PM central Saturday? If that isn't good, just name a time on Saturday.
Book it. I'll prepare for a handy pounding.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
Galaxy
Coordinator

Well since Dex left Michigan, they have gone back to the option-style offense. We beat the #4 team in the country 48-18.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

Indiana travels to play Navy, and escapes with a narrow victory. DeTox outplayed me with a squad rated about 10 points lower than mine, and very nearly pulled off a 10-point comeback in the closing minutes. A fumble inside our ten sealed a tough win for us. Great game, DeTox.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Indiana travels to play Navy, and escapes with a narrow victory. DeTox outplayed me with a squad rated about 10 points lower than mine, and very nearly pulled off a 10-point comeback in the closing minutes. A fumble inside our ten sealed a tough win for us. Great game, DeTox.

Don't sell yourself short, you controlled the play, I just had some nice breaks. That's the first onside kick I ever recovered for starters. On the last play I didn't mean to even run but I saw the opening but I got greedy when I should've dove for a first and paid for it. GG. Your team is just too fast for me.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #13
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Penn State traveled northwest to Washington and tried to continue their win streak against a tough oponnent in Bigsmooth. Both teams would score on their first posession. The Nittany Lions scored on 2 plays, and then the Huskies knotting it up at 7 mid-way through the 1st quarter. The ensuing kickoff was returned 92 yards by a PSU speedster, and that was pretty much how the rest of the game went. PSU jumped to a 35-17 lead, and Smoothie put together a great scoring drive with only 8 second left in the first half, and then drove all the way down for a TD on their openning posession to start the 3rd quarter too. Unfortunately for Smooth our other speed demon return man took the ensuing kickoff back, making that two in one game (one from each guy). Shortly thereafter Smooth lost connection, and asked me to finish up against the CPU, which oddly enough has happened twice in three weeks in the RFL for me. I put my backups in and sat on it for the next 9 minutes. Thankfully nobody was hurt during this time.

Final Score
Penn State - 49
Washington - 24

gg again Smoothie. Best of luck the rest of the way, and remember what I said about that six pack.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 05-29-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

I dunno. You outgained me by a ton, scorched my secondary for a school record, and probably only lost due to turnovers. Anyways, it was nice that I could actually beat you with a superior squad. I had my doubts coming in...
Old 05-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Exciting 1st half today between Missouri and USC. We went into the half with a 17-10 lead, but we got the ball to start the 2nd half. After pounding the rock the first half, we caught Missouri with a long bomb PA TD pass on the first play of the 2nd half. We then got a few defensive breaks which allowed us to take a decisive margin which we kept for the final score of 38-17. Fun game, kcchief.

As an aside, I didn't realize until this game that you couldn't mass sub in online games. That is why I kept pausing with about 2 minutes left as I was trying to get my 2nd stringers in there.

Edit: Oh yeah, the first pause near the beginning of the game is because one of my cats who has taken to jumping on the Xbox whenever it is on was about to jump. Caught him quickly and tossed him out of the room so we didn't lose our game as I did in last week in NOFL.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-30-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

We are all set to advance the week
Old 05-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #17
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Exciting 1st half today between Missouri and USC. We went into the half with a 17-10 lead, but we got the ball to start the 2nd half. After pounding the rock the first half, we caught Missouri with a long bomb PA TD pass on the first play of the 2nd half. We then got a few defensive breaks which allowed us to take a decisive margin which we kept for the final score of 38-17. Fun game, kcchief.

As an aside, I didn't realize until this game that you couldn't mass sub in online games. That is why I kept pausing with about 2 minutes left as I was trying to get my 2nd stringers in there.

Edit: Oh yeah, the first pause near the beginning of the game is because one of my cats who has taken to jumping on the Xbox whenever it is on was about to jump. Caught him quickly and tossed him out of the room so we didn't lose our game as I did in last week in NOFL.
LOL. Yeah, I've had the cat problem before too. I don't know if you got a message but at one point after an interception I had to reconnect my controller because I slammed it against the cushion and turned it off.

Yeah, the missed field goal that would have made it 17-13 at halftime seemed to deflate our momentum. Worst thing I could do at halftime was look at my stats -- I saw that I was bottling up you passing game pretty but the running game was killing me. So I went to put in eight-men in the box and what do you do -- chuck it downfield. Nice coaching. That three minute stretch after halftime was a killer when you went on a 21-0 run. That was the ball game. Final could have been closer if I hadn't turned over the ball on the 1.

I didn't remember you couldn't mass sub in online games. I thought that was what you were doing but couldn't figure out why Bryan was still at QB. If you had run the kneel down I would have let the clock run out but since you were still running plays I figured I'd call timeouts and try to score.

Nice win -- those defensive breaks were well earned. Everyone one of my turnovers you played great D.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I wasn't sure you would let time run out and since you had 3 timeouts, I figured I'd just run for 1st down. After I did that, I knew I could safely kneel out the clock. It was really fun playing you and I think if we had even teams, it would be a very close game most times we play.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-30-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

Advancing us in a few minutes.